PDA

View Full Version : 5 things you hate of Assassin's Creed 3

Slayer_WTF
09-10-2012, 10:18 PM
The game is not out yet, but we have an idea of the product. Is there anything that made you turn up your nose? Do you think there is something wrong?

sticks165
09-10-2012, 10:20 PM
nope nothing wrong and there is nothing i hate about the game.

morpheusPrime08
09-10-2012, 10:25 PM
nope nothing wrong and there is nothing i hate about the game.

Amen to that!

I don't know why people make threads like these, I guess i'm not the type that complains about video games I look forward too.

Slayer_WTF
09-10-2012, 10:27 PM
Amen to that!

I don't know why people make threads like these, I guess i'm not the type that complains about video games I look forward too.

In fact, I stated that the game is not out yet, and some things we can not know them. If so annoying we can ask the Mod to change the title to "5 things you hate of AC Saga".

ACfan443
09-10-2012, 10:50 PM
Amen to that!

Well you can't make every thread to be "what do you love about AC3" or "what are your favourite features of AC3" blah blah. You should express a variety of views, that does not necessarily mean you're hating on the game though, I'm sure everyone loves the majority of features showcased thus far.

My 5 things I dislike (these are VERY nitpicky):
1. Some of the textures
2. Overexposure of naval warfare
3. Combat looks easy & guards still wait around too long before attacking
4. A few rehashed animations being passed off as 'new'
5. EDIT: The horses! ****, they still move at that abysmal pace

rileypoole1234
09-10-2012, 10:53 PM
I like it,
I love it,
I want some more of it.

LoyalACFan
09-10-2012, 10:57 PM
The only thing that bothers me is that there doesn't seem to be many kill-chain animations with the tomahawk. In several different demos, I've only seen maybe four or five, and a couple of those were just ripped off of Ezio's knife moves. But we still have hidden blades, swords, knives, short swords, war clubs, and muskets to fight with, so I'm sure there will be plenty.

SteelCity999
09-10-2012, 11:01 PM
With all of the "stuff" Connor is going to have, its any wonder he can climb at all. They should've made the tree branches snap if he got on a smaller one.

morpheusPrime08
09-10-2012, 11:02 PM
Well you can't make every thread to be "what do you love about AC3" or "what are your favourite features of AC3" blah blah. You should express a variety of views, that does not necessarily mean you're hating on the game though, I'm sure everyone loves the mojority of features showcased thus far.

My 5 things I dislike (these are VERY nitpicky):
1. Some of the textures
2. Overexposure of naval warfare
3. Combat looks easy & guards still wait around too long before attacking
5. Hmm can't think of anymore, I'll come back to it later..

I see what your saying but still, nothing in life is perfect, that includes games.

As for #3 on you're list, I understand why people always seem to bring this up, but is there any game that has a combat system where enemies don't wait around? They cant all just attack at once! I think it's one of those technical mechanics where there is no perfect way to do combat. Arkham city has great combat flow, and I remember reading an interview with Alex hutch stating that they were very much influenced by arkham, to make combat easy but more of a challenge to execute perfectly. I guess If I could sum it up: There is no perfect way to do free flow combat in video games so it does not bother me.

Oh and #4. There is only so many ways to scale a building or stab a mans chest;).

LoyalACFan
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM
I see what your saying but still, nothing in life is perfect, that includes games.

As for #2 on you're list, I understand why people always seem to bring this up, but is there any game that has a combat system where enemies don't wait around? They cant all just attack at once! I think it's one of those technical mechanics where there is no perfect way to do combat. Arkham city has great combat flow, and I remember reading an interview with Alex hutch stating that they were very much influenced by arkham, to make combat easy but more of a challenge to execute perfectly. I guess If I could sum it up: There is no perfect way to do free flow combat in video games so it does not bother me.

Oh and #4. There is only so many ways to scale a building or stab a mans chest;).

I think he means the naval content has been overexposed in media, rather than actually being exposed to the enemies while playing naval battles.

ACfan443
09-10-2012, 11:05 PM

As for #2 on you're list, I understand why people always seem to bring this up, but is there any game that has a combat system where enemies don't wait around? They cant all just attack at once! I think it's one of those technical mechanics where there is no perfect way to do combat. Arkham city has great combat flow, and I remember reading an interview with Alex hutch stating that they were very much influenced by arkham, to make combat easy but more of a challenge to execute perfectly. I guess If I could sum it up: There is no perfect way to do free flow combat in video games so it does not bother me.

On the plus side, there's double countering :D

morpheusPrime08
09-10-2012, 11:07 PM
I think he means the naval content has been overexposed in media, rather than actually being exposed to the enemies while playing naval battles.

My bad, #3 I was talking about combat.

Slayer_WTF
09-10-2012, 11:11 PM
I don't like the double guns. Could only enter one, as Connor already has a lot of weapons.

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 12:11 AM
Horse didn't run at full speed as in ac, ac2 and some areas of AcB, instead it was just in high profile. Hope this is a side effect of the snow and that when without snow they can run without any restriction to non-SSD owners...

Sarari
09-11-2012, 12:24 AM
I can name a couple of things.

1. The kill streak isn't as smooth and fluent as Brotherhood & Revelations.
2. Some of the kills seem brutal....a little to brutal. So brutal that it actually takes time to finish off the kill.
3. Guards take long to hit.
4. Swinging from branch to branch isn't fluent. Just watch the frontier demo.
5. Guards don't seem to be any tougher, other than those big Irish soldiers.

tarrero
09-11-2012, 12:59 AM
The game looks REALLLY cool so far!!! However there are a couple of things I dont like up to this point:

I think the guards are as dumb as ever!
Snow does not look very good

BBALive
09-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Difficulty. Though I wouldn't go as far as to say that I 'hate' the easy difficulty of the franchise, it's all I can think of.

BBALive
09-11-2012, 01:07 AM
5. Guards don't seem to be any tougher, other than those big Irish soldiers.

They're Scottish.

rileypoole1234
09-11-2012, 01:47 AM
1. The kill streak isn't as smooth and fluent as Brotherhood & Revelations.

I beg to differ... All of the moves we've seen Connor do... The switching between targets and blocking and dodging looks beautiful.

Ashen-AngelFox
09-11-2012, 02:06 AM

I feel a little late to the party, but I can't help myself.

Yes, Ubisoft has said that Connor has 1000 new animations in this game. But they never once said that every animation that we've seen has been one of those 1000. For arguments sake, let's say that Connor has a total of 1,300 animation (Hypothetical number not based on anything). This means that Connor has 1000 new animations, but also has 300 animations brought in from past AC games. The animations that some are focusing on could be from that 300, or whatever the number of reused animations is.

And as Morpheus said, there are only so many ways to murder somebody. But then again calling those certain tomahawk kill animations, I'm sure everyone knows the ones I mean. Saying those are reused animations is more likely incorrect based solely on the difference in weapon. I've noted this in another thread, but the tomahawk is held differently and the cutting edge is situated totally different with relation to the hand than the knife held in a reverse grip. Try it. The knife kills go straight in with the hand over the entry wound. The tomahawk's blade hits at an angle to the arm and the blade is more removed from the hand. So, I would say it's more accurate to say the base technique is "the same", but the animations are different, if a little similar. Plus, strictly speaking, if a new mo-cap actor performs the technique for ACIII then it is by the strictest definition, new.

Same disclaimer: Not trying to start an argument, simply trying to shed some light on something that might help some people.

LoyalACFan
09-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Yes, Ubisoft has said that Connor has 1000 new animations in this game. But they never once said that every animation that we've seen has been one of those 1000.

Yeah they did. Early on, they were saying they scrapped almost all of the old animations, keeping only the ones that were "iconic." The knife-kills would hardly be considered iconic, since they've only been present for two games and the knife itself was always presented as a secondary weapon. Not that I really care that much, but it's annoying that they were dishonest about it.

But then again calling those certain tomahawk kill animations, I'm sure everyone knows the ones I mean. Saying those are reused animations is more likely incorrect based solely on the difference in weapon. I've noted this in another thread, but the tomahawk is held differently and the cutting edge is situated totally different with relation to the hand than the knife held in a reverse grip. Try it. The knife kills go straight in with the hand over the entry wound. The tomahawk's blade hits at an angle to the arm and the blade is more removed from the hand. So, I would say it's more accurate to say the base technique is "the same", but the animations are different, if a little similar.

Really, the only thing that changed was Connor's proximity to the person being killed. Look at the tomahawk-meets-chin one. If he was standing just a few inches closer, his hand would be in the right position for the knife kill.

Plus, strictly speaking, if a new mo-cap actor performs the technique for ACIII then it is by the strictest definition, new..

Yes, technically, but don't you think that's a little bit underhanded? If Queen re-recorded "Bohemian Rhapsody" with a different singer (to cite an extremely random example :p) it would be pretty sleazy to try and pass it off as a new song. Same goes here. If it's a different mo-cap actor doing the exact same thing as his predecessor, it's not really "new"...

NOLA_Assassin
09-11-2012, 02:24 AM
Snow does not look very good

I think it looks incredible, much better than most games.

Sarari
09-11-2012, 02:39 AM
I beg to differ... All of the moves we've seen Connor do... The switching between targets and blocking and dodging looks beautiful.

Watch the the boston demo and the frontier. They don't look fluent at all, compared to ACB and ACR. I'm just hoping that it was a beta and that they can fix it before they release.

tarrero
09-11-2012, 02:42 AM
I think it looks incredible, much better than most games.

Have you seen unchartedīs? Now that IS incredible snow..... From a game released 3 years ago.

Ashen-AngelFox
09-11-2012, 02:50 AM
Yeah they did. Early on, they were saying they scrapped almost all of the old animations, keeping only the ones that were "iconic." The knife-kills would hardly be considered iconic, since they've only been present for two games and the knife itself was always presented as a secondary weapon. Not that I really care that much, but it's annoying that they were dishonest about it.

Really, the only thing that changed was Connor's proximity to the person being killed. Look at the tomahawk-meets-chin one. If he was standing just a few inches closer, his hand would be in the right position for the knife kill.

Yes, technically, but don't you think that's a little bit underhanded? If Queen re-recorded "Bohemian Rhapsody" with a different singer (to cite an extremely random example :p) it would be pretty sleazy to try and pass it off as a new song. Same goes here. If it's a different mo-cap actor doing the exact same thing as his predecessor, it's not really "new"...

"Almost all" is not all, so technically they didn't say that Connor's animation set was made up of solely these new 1000, or 5000 depending on what magazine you read. But I see what you mean, though I was only giving a hypothetical answer. 300 was a random number I picked. It could be that there are only 10 or so reused animations. But they still weren't dishonest, because there is a greater difference in the animations than you state. A few inches closer, Connor's hand would still be angled forward at the wrist as opposed to in line with the arm, as is seen with the knives. So more changed than just Connor's proximity. And the knife kills are stabbing motions using the point of the knife, whereas the tomahawk kills are hacking motions utilizing the leading edge of the tomahawk.

So, Connor's position with relation to target, angle of grip on weapon, hacking strike over stabbing strike. 3 things. And I'm not trying to be snide, don't misunderstand me.

And underhanded or not, that still results in a new animation and therefore they didn't lie. I didn't say they weren't being underhanded, just not lying to our faces. And I did say in the strictest sense. Strictest here probably means creation date of the animation, minute differences that might appear and the such. The average player would still see the "same" animation.

I'm just trying to show that it's not as bad as some make it out to be. That's it. I'm not trying to be all "Oh you guys don't know what you're talking about blah blah blah". I'll leave that to someone else that wants to catch flak. But yeah, re-recording Bohemian Rhapsody without Freddie would be a travesty. But I think that's apples and oranges. It might be more accurate to compare actor performances, like Ethan Hawke's delivery of the Hamlet soliloquy compared to Kenneth Brannagh's delivery. Same speech, but different because of who's doing them. But even this might be a stretch.

And yes. I have completely over-analyzed this no matter how you slice it. I know this and I admit it. I'm also not saying I'm completely right, just offering a different take on things. If I'm right, I'm right. If I'm wrong, Assassin's Creed III will still be great. I'm happy.

NOLA_Assassin
09-11-2012, 03:59 AM
Have you seen unchartedīs? Now that IS incredible snow..... From a game released 3 years ago.

I think CoD Black Ops has probably the best snow so far, but that's just my opinion.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 04:31 AM
Not an Open World Game.. PERIOD

And this Thread is unfair.. How can you hate something you haven't played ? Weird Logic..

deskp
09-11-2012, 04:32 AM
the 3 stabbs to the neck/shoulder is anoying. not really cause it looks SO MUCH like the animationf rom previous games, but rather ...... does it really take 3 stabs to the neck/shoulder before the victim dies?

So far the draw distance quality hasn't looked great, particulary not in the city.

The bow shooting looks like it can be done way too quick, not taking any time to aim. can be explained away with connor being badass, but it looks abit cheap.

Snow going up tree trunks sorof jsut flaots around the tree/doesent connect.

The explotion in frontier demo, leves no soot marks on the wall behind it.

When connor is riding the crane contraption, he cuts the rope before grabbing it, Holding the rope before cutting it should be much more reliable. Once again can be explained away by Connors amazing reflexes, but it is unrealistic.

Sticking a musket through one guy and shooting the guy infront of him. the concept is kinda fun,,, but come on.

Very much looking forward to AC3! these things proapbly won't bother me at all.

BBALive
09-11-2012, 04:39 AM

The snow in Uncharted doesn't even deform. It's simply a snow texture on the ground. That isn't incredible at all.

AC3 on the other hand has deforming snow that actually affects the movement of the character, horses and NPCs. It's probably the best representation of snow in a video game to date.

The bow shooting looks like it can be done way too quick, not taking any time to aim. can be explained away with connor being badass, but it looks abit cheap.
You'll be able to take your time and aim in-game, so this isn't really an issue.

Watch the the boston demo and the frontier. They don't look fluent at all, compared to ACB and ACR. I'm just hoping that it was a beta and that they can fix it before they release.

Are you referring to the transition animation? If so, then it's no worse than Revelations or Brotherhood. You could say that it has been improved since the 'shuffle' isn't the only transition animation anymore, Connor will also roll and perform other movements. I do agree though, the transition animations could use some work.

For the record, that footage was pre-alpha/alpha.

tarrero
09-11-2012, 05:06 AM

Mafia 2 has great snow...And that is a open world game.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 05:09 AM
Mafia 2 has great snow...And that is a open world game.
Mafia 2`s snow was Texture only..The only rendered snow was that on top of cars..and you can`t interact with that..

Assassins Creed`s Snow is RENDERED... It uses POLYGONS and it deforms.. No Open world game has that..

Free_Hidings
09-11-2012, 05:27 AM
Horse speed - Especially with the Frontier being quoted as 1.5x the size of Brotherhood, that's a pretty huge space alone to be plodding along. Hopefully there is the chance to gallop, obviously not in heavy snow and understandably not on crazy uneven surfaces / crowded paths (trees, obstacles etc) I think I read that the stand / jump option for horses is returning. Hopefully they impliment both this and gallop.

Kill animations - Not very good.

Oh wait, they're ****ing amazing.

Bow and arrow - Looks like it could do with a bit of work. Maybe make the animation a bit slower and more deliberate, seems way too fast and fluid, though that could be down to Connor's skill.

I don't know, to be honest this game looks absolutely amazing and it looks like it will be VERY hard to pick flaws...

The thing I am concerned about the most is my frame rate. Revelations seems to struggle on all platforms INCLUDING PC (was watching high quality youtube vids) when jumping around on rooftops. It gets all juddery. In fact from memory all AC games experience this. I was playing AC1 the other day and was climbing a castle in the corner somewhere, I happened to have the camera tilted to just show Altair, the part of the castle he was climbing and the sea, and the frame rate was silky smooth. I think AC is supposed to run at 30fps? Which is nothing significant, but judging by that the game would be awesome to run at 30fps constantly.

Anyway, with the improved graphics, increased size and new physiques and weather systems, I hope my PS3 can run AC3 at a good frame rate. Much less than Revelations would start to get quite frustrating.

ACfan443
09-11-2012, 08:21 AM

And this Thread is unfair.. How can you hate something you haven't played ? Weird Logic..

No it's not 'weird logic' or unfair. It seems okay to say things you love about it, so why can't you say things you dislike about it as well? I understand hate's a strong word, but like I said before, it's better to have a mixture of views, plus it provides feedback for the devs.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 08:29 AM
No it's not 'weird logic' or unfair. It seems okay to say things you love about it, so why can't you say things you dislike about it as well? I understand hate's a strong word, but like I said before, it's better to have a mixture of views, plus it provides feedback for the devs.
Both are weird logic...Hating or loving something before playing is weird logic.. Feedback right now wont change anything, but feedback AFTER we actually play it will, because it will give them more of an Idea of what to avoid later.

People Absolutely loved the Den Defense before playing it... After ? I'm assuming you know..

POP1Fan
09-11-2012, 08:36 AM
I hate it's not out yet... that counts?

Legendz54
09-11-2012, 08:38 AM
I hate the way The grass moves to much to the left

I hate how the way Connors mouth moves

I hate the colour of Connors eyes

I hate the way connor bends his knees when he runs

Oh... and i hate the way Connors toes move inside his shoes.

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 08:52 AM

where the hell kill chains were fluent in AcB and AcR? The soldier was about to attack you and all the sudden he stops in a weird way and you just kill him, when usinjg double execution (sword + pistol) ezio would sometimes clip to another place to being able to do so and the last one, they didn't make between kill animations but used he "en guard" one making it look dull.

In Ac3, sometimes you have to hit the next enemy more then once without stoping the combat. There are between kill animations. Although the only problem is that the change between animations may not have been smoth due to different start/end positions and that should idd be fixed, however, remember it was pre-alpha. Smoth animation transition is different from fluid combat. Period.

The thing I am concerned about the most is my frame rate. Revelations seems to struggle on all platforms INCLUDING PC (was watching high quality youtube vids) when jumping around on rooftops. It gets all juddery. In fact from memory all AC games experience this. I was playing AC1 the other day and was climbing a castle in the corner somewhere, I happened to have the camera tilted to just show Altair, the part of the castle he was climbing and the sea, and the frame rate was silky smooth. I think AC is supposed to run at 30fps? Which is nothing significant, but judging by that the game would be awesome to run at 30fps constantly.

Anyway, with the improved graphics, increased size and new physiques and weather systems, I hope my PS3 can run AC3 at a good frame rate. Much less than Revelations would start to get quite frustrating.

just FYI, recording is different between ps3/xbox and pc. Unless you have 2 pc's (one high-end and the other mid-end), the video will never be as smoth as it would be without being recording.
With that said, i have graphics medium @ 1920x1080 with Q9550 + GT9800 and now that i bought GTX560 i can play it with maximum graphics without any problem. Oh, and i have VSync meaning no more screentearing :D

The game is very well optimized for pc imo.

playassassins1
09-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I'm not picking any flaws... Everyone does, but it's just those ones that you have to ignore, I mean, I'm not gonna stare at my screen, looking at Connor's outfit, checking if there's any clipping..... You just gotta play the game, and enjoy it.

I noticed some Recycled animations, but oh well.... You can recycle stuff, if it's something good, then why not bring it back.... They're not recycling stuff because they're lazy, they're recycling stuff for the sake of it being good....

So, I'm not that nitpicky... I'm just playing the game, 'cause it looks awesome...
There was also one comment on an AC III video, saying how almost every NPC looks the same. I facepalmed... They're not making a face for EVERY npc in the game, There's at least more than thousand NPC's...

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
So, I'm not that nitpicky... I'm just playing the game, 'cause it looks awesome...
There was also one comment on an AC III video, saying how almost every NPC looks the same. I facepalmed... They're not making a face for EVERY npc in the game, There's at least more than thousand NPC's...

Why do they do whole models? Why not make 100 face models (which would decide skin color), 100 shirt and 100 and just random the combinations forcing the game to not repeat combinations until all of them had been used?

HisSpiritLives
09-11-2012, 09:04 AM
The game is not out yet, but we have an idea of the product. Is there anything that made you turn up your nose? Do you think there is something wrong?

Nothing that i hate,there are some problems but i cant say i hate anything about AC3

HisSpiritLives
09-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Mafia 2`s snow was Texture only..The only rendered snow was that on top of cars..and you can`t interact with that..

Assassins Creed`s Snow is RENDERED... It uses POLYGONS and it deforms.. No Open world game has that..

True

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 09:57 AM

So AC3 snow is rendered? Well, Mafia 2 snow is also rendered, otherwise you wouldn't see it.

Mafia 2 snow also has polygons, maybe just a big flat polygon or a static and solid bunch of polygons, but it's still made out of polygons.

The difference is that Ac3 have particle effects.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 09:59 AM
So AC3 snow is rendered? Well, Mafia 2 snow is also rendered, otherwise you wouldn't see it.

Mafia 2 snow also has polygons, maybe just a big flat polygon or a static and solid bunch of polygons, but it's still made out of polygons.

Mafia II`s snow is a Texture... It is not "Rendered" per say... Its the surface that`s rendered and has Polygons, but with Snow Texture..

You are correct, however; regarding the particle effect.. I just did not want to complicate things by mentioning particles, seeing as there was already a confusion..

connor_bg
09-11-2012, 10:46 AM
I feel a little late to the party, but I can't help myself.

Yes, Ubisoft has said that Connor has 1000 new animations in this game. But they never once said that every animation that we've seen has been one of those 1000. For arguments sake, let's say that Connor has a total of 1,300 animation (Hypothetical number not based on anything). This means that Connor has 1000 new animations, but also has 300 animations brought in from past AC games. The animations that some are focusing on could be from that 300, or whatever the number of reused animations is.

I don't know how you can still fall for that. Remember the promise of "300 bombs" when they actually were about 20. Plus the animations made for a game are made for the jumping freeruning sprint too, or for instance connor leaning when an incoming fire from enemy's ship is coming, those animation can be reffered as part of the 1000 animations too. To be honest i don't believe that the direct combat kills + the non lethal combat moves are to exceed 100 animations.

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 11:57 AM
I don't know how you can still fall for that. Remember the promise of "300 bombs" when they actually were about 20. Plus the animations made for a game are made for the jumping freeruning sprint too, or for instance connor leaning when an incoming fire from enemy's ship is coming, those animation can be reffered as part of the 1000 animations too. To be honest i don't believe that the direct combat kills + the non lethal combat moves are to exceed 100 animations.

there were about 81-108 bombs. Excluding the special bombs from piri reis. Not 20 as you say.

Ielgon
09-11-2012, 02:32 PM
Why do they do whole models? Why not make 100 face models (which would decide skin color), 100 shirt and 100 and just random the combinations forcing the game to not repeat combinations until all of them had been used?

Because that'd heavily influence how the game runs (especially on console): For consoles it's easier to just have to load a couple of whole models to load from a file instead of having to mix and match different parts from different files. PC's have no trouble copying and pasting things since they will just see all npc's that look a certain way as part of the same group (and of course they have most if not all of the game's files on their HDD as opposed to having to read most of it from a disc that can only read data as it passes the scanner), they can also easily mix and match different parts without changing the group of an npc so that it won't influence how the game runs too much.

On a console each npc is it's own entity, meaning more npc's on screen means more stress. This means that having it make each npc unique will cause the game to slow down to a crawl as it even tries to run the amount of npc's. Apparently Assassin's Creed 3 is able to do over a thousand npc's on screen at one time (which is unbelievable on a console), now imagine having to make each of them unique and you (probably) have an overheated and possibly broken console.

And about it repeating combinations after they've all been used: having to run a script constantly to check which combinations have already been used is something very light and happens in the background on a pc, while on a console it takes up part of the power that's (in my opinion) better spent making the game run well. See it like only having a certain amount of slots: Would you sacrifice one entire slot to have it combine new npc's until it runs out of combinations, or would you like to use that slot to render for example more npc's or to make the game run smoother?

That being said, I don't know the inner workings of Anvil Next. This was just an explanation of why you generally see less (unique) npc's on the console version. Since it can apparently do over a thousand npc's, more unique npc's while there's not a lot on screen is a very real possibility.

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 02:50 PM
PES and FIFA do it, however, it's true there are only 25 hi-def npc's and the rest have very low poly count and texture quality.

This is why i prefer pc the best, unlimited power :P

ACfan443
09-11-2012, 03:19 PM
Both are weird logic...Hating or loving something before playing is weird logic.. Feedback right now wont change anything, but feedback AFTER we actually play it will, because it will give them more of an Idea of what to avoid later.

People Absolutely loved the Den Defense before playing it... After ? I'm assuming you know..

Haha did they really? I didn't keep up with ACR as much as other the titles

BBALive
09-11-2012, 03:42 PM

You clearly don't know how character modelling works.

A plane with a snow texture is one polygon, and therefore cannot deform. For the snow to deform it requires it to be comprised of multiple polygons. Deformation and particle effects aren't related.

Hence why AC3's snow is superior.

xXRyzonXx
09-11-2012, 04:10 PM
I hate threads like this so much, the pure idea of the thread is to bring out negativity.
Also most of the things people dislike seems really nit picky and stupid.

eagleforlife1
09-11-2012, 04:49 PM
I hate threads like this so much, the pure idea of the thread is to bring out negativity.

And? This is a forum that allows people to express their opinions. Don't like it? Then what are you doing on here in the first place? People don't have to think that the rainbow shines out of Ubi's arses. If they have an opinion they are entitled to express it.

andreja110s
09-11-2012, 04:51 PM
I watched the gameplays and I donīt think I hate anything... Maybe the naval battles. I hate battles that happen on ships.

Slayer_WTF
09-11-2012, 04:54 PM

Then do not enter.

notafanboy
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Oh... and i hate the way Connors toes move inside his shoes.

this, it pisses me off too !

CalgaryJay
09-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Agreed, especially about a game that hasn't even come out yet. A "5 things you think you'll love about AC3" thread would be more appropriate.

...and reading about the snow textures in this thread is getting me excited for this game. In the clips on Youtube it looked ok but kinda hard to tell, I don't think it does it justice on there. I think it's gonna look 100 times better on your TV, should be fun.

Ielgon
09-11-2012, 05:02 PM
PES and FIFA do it, however, it's true there are only 25 hi-def npc's and the rest have very low poly count and texture quality.

This is why i prefer pc the best, unlimited power :P

But do PES and FIFA have cities filled with npc's that all go through a routine and perform various actions depending on the context they're placed in? :P
Most of the npc's in those games are just animations that have been pre-rendered (which is what you see with the low poly count and texture quality, if you oversimplify it it's just a low resolution movie running in the background) and then placed in such a way that you as a player can't tell that it's just a pre-made movie. Since as a player you're eyes are mostly on the field you'll never really notice unless you start looking at it. And like you said only a couple of hi-def npc's in the foreground trying to create the illusion of all of them being like that.

Assassin's creed however has you being able to follow the npc's, see what they do and even interact with them to "break" them out of their normal context. It's a lot more advanced since things like AI and interaction with the player become involved.

It's not really possible to compare Assassin's Creed to PES or FIFA since they're such different games. If you want to compare Assassin's Creed's npc's to other games look at different open world games (Why open world? Because npc's in other sorts of games function very differently because of the way open world npc's AI have to be able to react to everything that could possibly happen in their world, while non-open world games usually have set parameters for AI) that have been released over the past few years that had a system where there was actually a crowd. I'm sure that if you do that you'll start seeing why Assassin's Creed's npc's are already unbelievable in how they work and even belong in the game and how amazing Anvil Next's ability to have over a thousand on screen at once is.

ACfan443
09-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Agreed, especially about a game that hasn't even come out yet. A "5 things you think you'll love about AC3" thread would be more appropriate.

That's very contradictory, how would a '5 things you love' be any more appropriate than '5 things you hate'? Either way, like you said, the game still wouldn't be out. And like someone else said, if you don't like this thread, then simply don't view it.

dewgel
09-11-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't get why folks are hating on this thread.

It's a good idea, it's a way for your to show constructive criticism, after all, nothings perfect.

Can I just mention, by the way, someone said they don't like the snow textures? Trust me mate, they're good. You can't see it on Youtube but when I saw the demo at GAME in July, it looked frigging fantastic. You can see the snow mushing behind Connor and NPC's. It looks alot better than it does in the vids, I felt the same till I saw it :)

Now, my dislikes...

- Combat animations aren't as smooth as you'd imagine. They're definitely fluid and really well done, but there's a few moments when it suddenly judders him into a different animation. But to be honest, think about it, what they've done is development hell. They've made it possible to do combat on uneven surfaces smoothly, and the ability to concentrate controls on two enemies at once. (e.g. While attacking one soldier, if you counter or defend, Connor will, while still looking at the targeted enemy, raise his tomohawk and parry/block the incoming attack from the other soldier... all while concentrating on that one)

That's all my issue is. Honestly I simply can't think of anything else, I've just sat here for 5 mins trying to think of things to complain about and I can't.

FirestarLuva
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM

I agree. But to avoid conflict, I'm just going to leave this thread, which I personally think it's pointless for people to argue about pre-alpha/alpha game footage.
About the snow textures in the Frontier looking bad, go watch the 'Coming Home' trailer on Youtube and you'll see a sneak peak of the Frontier demo and the snow, which looks WAY better.

Ashen-AngelFox
09-11-2012, 06:02 PM

I do remember the bombs statement, and as someone else noted there are more than 20. There might be 20 total ingredients, shells and gunpowders, but there are more than 20 combinations of those 20.

Now, I never said that the 1000 animations were all combat. That's not what I said at all. I also made it clear that the 300 number was random and only for the sake of the explanation. I was simply showing that the combat animations that some people are focusing on (the double stab to the chest, the reverse uppercut and the strike to the side of the head) might, stress -might- not be one of those 1000 new animations that are indeed way more than just combat. Those 3. That's it. They are the only ones with which I was concerning myself.

However, the bulk of that post and the next was to bring to light aspects that might show those 3 animations as being new and therefore part of the 1000. And I noted in both posts that I wasn't stating my thoughts as fact and accepted that I could be wrong. But I did not say that 1000 new animations = 1000 new combat animations. And frankly, I'm a little insulted that you think me that simple.

Also I'm not "falling for" anything. I didn't say whether I believed them or not. I was simply offering a different perspective on the matter that nobody else seemed to be considering. That perspective being that some animations we have seen are not included in the 1000. His jumping, free-running, sprint and his ship-board behavior are new, but I didn't say they weren't.

I hope I've cleared up any misunderstanding and I'm not looking for an argument. Anyone that is, should look somewhere else.

rain89c
09-11-2012, 06:09 PM
From most hated to least,
1)Naval warfare....zZzzz
2)The setting
3)Unsatisfactory graphics

notafanboy
09-11-2012, 06:11 PM
1)Naval warfare....zZzzz
2)The setting
then again, you hate everything about AC.

rain89c
09-11-2012, 06:12 PM
then again, you hate everything about AC.
I love everything about AC3, except for the 3 things I mentioned.

notafanboy
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM

even the mashed potatoes mini game ? What wrong with you ?

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 06:14 PM
AC III is made up of the 3 things you mentioned..

And I find this thread Ironic. People like to point negative stuff about the game and call it "their right" but anyone who points out the negative points of this thread, gets picked on and basically told to "gtfo"

FirestarLuva
09-11-2012, 06:15 PM

And I find this thread Ironic. People like to point negative stuff about the game and call it "their right" but when someone points out the negative points of this thread gets picked on and basically told to "gtfo"

Agreed.

rain89c
09-11-2012, 06:19 PM

And I find this thread Ironic. People like to point negative stuff about the game and call it "their right" but anyone who points out the negative points of this thread, gets picked on and basically told to "gtfo"
Really?
Did you forget the New parkour movements/animations? Gameplay? The anticipated storyline? Free roaming around the city (even though I am not a fan of it)?
There is much more to AC3 then the 3 things I mentioned...

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 06:23 PM
Really?
Did you forget the New parkour movements/animations? Gameplay? The anticipated storyline? Free roaming around the city (even though I am not a fan of it)?
There is much more to AC3 then the 3 things I mentioned...
"Hey, Guys Im buying this game for the animations and Desmond"

What ? I mean its your opinion, of course, but....... WHAT ??

rain89c
09-11-2012, 06:32 PM
"Hey, Guys Im buying this game for the animations and Desmond"

What ? I mean its your opinion, of course, but....... WHAT ??
Dont forget for the parkour too ^^
I play AC games as if they are a parkour simulation, the assassinations, free roaming, large ancient cities, interesting story aspects of the game are just bonuses =)

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 06:35 PM
Dont forget for the parkour too ^^
I play AC games as if they are a parkour simulation, the assassinations, free roaming, large ancient cities, interesting story aspects of the game are just bonuses =)
hmm.. Interesting

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 06:45 PM
1)Naval warfare....zZzzz
2)The setting

I won't discuss the first 2 things but GRAPHICS? c'mmon you gotta be kidding... it's way superior to AcR graphics.

rain89c
09-11-2012, 06:52 PM
I won't discuss the first 2 things but GRAPHICS? c'mmon you gotta be kidding... it's way superior to AcR graphics.
tbh, I think ACR had better graphics, but it is kinda hard to judge since some videos display finer graphics than other videos. And ever since AC2, I was never impressed with the graphics like I was with AC1, something about the AC1 textures and graphics make it look stunning and realistic. AC2 onwards had that cartoonish feel to the game, it wasn't as realistic.

connor_bg
09-11-2012, 07:04 PM
I do remember the bombs statement, and as someone else noted there are more than 20. There might be 20 total ingredients, shells and gunpowders, but there are more than 20 combinations of those 20.

Now, I never said that the 1000 animations were all combat. That's not what I said at all. I also made it clear that the 300 number was random and only for the sake of the explanation. I was simply showing that the combat animations that some people are focusing on (the double stab to the chest, the reverse uppercut and the strike to the side of the head) might, stress -might- not be one of those 1000 new animations that are indeed way more than just combat. Those 3. That's it. They are the only ones with which I was concerning myself.

However, the bulk of that post and the next was to bring to light aspects that might show those 3 animations as being new and therefore part of the 1000. And I noted in both posts that I wasn't stating my thoughts as fact and accepted that I could be wrong. But I did not say that 1000 new animations = 1000 new combat animations. And frankly, I'm a little insulted that you think me that simple.

Also I'm not "falling for" anything. I didn't say whether I believed them or not. I was simply offering a different perspective on the matter that nobody else seemed to be considering. That perspective being that some animations we have seen are not included in the 1000. His jumping, free-running, sprint and his ship-board behavior are new, but I didn't say they weren't.

I hope I've cleared up any misunderstanding and I'm not looking for an argument. Anyone that is, should look somewhere else.

Sorry about the "falling", because your post (the one i've quoted you in) seemed naive to me, but i never said that you ever said something about the combat animations are 100% of the promised animations, because you didn't. I just threw this up to reffer the ubi's false advertisement.

xXRyzonXx
09-11-2012, 07:17 PM
And? This is a forum that allows people to express their opinions. Don't like it? Then what are you doing on here in the first place? People don't have to think that the rainbow shines out of Ubi's arses. If they have an opinion they are entitled to express it.

This just makes me laugh :P

Ork3n
09-11-2012, 07:20 PM
tbh, I think ACR had better graphics, but it is kinda hard to judge since some videos display finer graphics than other videos. And ever since AC2, I was never impressed with the graphics like I was with AC1, something about the AC1 textures and graphics make it look stunning and realistic. AC2 onwards had that cartoonish feel to the game, it wasn't as realistic.

It's true that Ac1 looks more realistic in many ways but i won't say that Ac2 and sequels didn't improve on what is graphics, maybe not more realistic but still better (kind of comparison between Borderlands and Bad Company 2. The difference is that assassin's creed cartonish graphics were better then the realistic one (which is understandable because it was released years latter).

However, i disagree about AcR not impress or having better graphics then Ac3. I mean, AcR didn't look as cartonish as Ac2 and AcB did, for me, it had much more realistic shaders/textures or whatever. And then, Ac3 has obviously superior lighting and shadowing (see the maya's temple trailer from gamestop). Also, Ac3 has much more polygons (trees, montains, ground) and higher texture resolution (at least for connor's outfit). And let's not touch the higher amount of npc and the improved AI because it's not directly related to graphics but interfers in them.

dewgel
09-11-2012, 08:56 PM

You haven't even played the game yet, and I very much doubt you've seen it running in person, so don't go on about the graphics. Youtube compresses videos poorly, along with Ubisoft who scale them down too. Plus, all the trailers are made of very early pre-alpha footage. Trust me, final game.. is good.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 10:15 PM
You haven't even played the game yet, and I very much doubt you've seen it running in person, so don't go on about the graphics. Youtube compresses videos poorly, along with Ubisoft who scale them down too. Plus, all the trailers are made of very early pre-alpha footage. Trust me, final game.. is good.
You should probably put this as your sig xD

You keep telling people it looks good but no one listens.. and no one probably ever will until they played the game themselves..

dewgel
09-11-2012, 10:21 PM
You should probably put this as your sig xD

You keep telling people it looks good but no one listens.. and no one probably ever will until they played the game themselves..

I know, I even made a thread about it. It really irritates me when people don't realise it. The game is godly in person. The snow is the one thing that made me step back in shock. Gah! You'll all see come Oct 30/31st! lol

pacmanate
09-11-2012, 10:40 PM
I hate everything. It looks CARP.

Assassin_M
09-11-2012, 11:14 PM
I hate everything. It looks CARP.
Carp ?

Is it a type of cake ?

GIONAScm2
09-12-2012, 02:03 AM
5 things I hate about AC3... this should be easy.

1. The game isn't out yet
2. No free-aim with guns/bows
3. The climbing is very unrealistic when it is raining (Connor still seemlessly climbs with sturdy grip)
4. Connor isn't as aesthetically pleasing as say, Ezio. (Basically he's not handsome, in the straightest way possible)
5. The special editions are pretty crap imo

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 02:09 AM
5 things I hate about AC3... this should be easy.

4. Connor isn't as aesthetically pleasing as say, Ezio. (Basically he's not handsome, in the straightest way possible)

Oh Ho Ho.. Looks are part of a good game now ??

Go play Barbie.. My god

r4inm4n1991
09-12-2012, 02:18 AM

Go play Barbie.. My god

Santa! Give me a present! :p

GIONAScm2
09-12-2012, 02:20 AM
What's wrong with preferring to play as a character that possesses similar characteristics to myself? ;)

Splatterhausen
09-12-2012, 02:21 AM
counter-attacking changed to be more like Batman Arkham Asylum/City. Were if you are in the middle of attacking someone/ in the middle of a chain instant kill thing, you can instantly counter attack a person that is about to attack you.

Splatterhausen
09-12-2012, 02:23 AM
Carp ?

Is it a type of cake ?
Never heard of carp as a cake. As a fish? Yes. Thanks to all that animal crossing on gamecube.

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 02:23 AM
What's wrong with preferring to play as a character that possesses similar characteristics to myself? ;)
Do you think this is a fashion dress show ? You should judge a game based on what it is for.. For example you should not go and say "hey Batman sucks because you cannot buy Sodas from vendors" You should rather say "The Animation for this or that is bad" or "The Gadgets are not enough" Get the picture ??

Santa! Give me a present! :p
Your Mother told Santa (Me) you were a bad boy...

I DELAY AC III FOR 3 YEARS !!!

GIONAScm2
09-12-2012, 02:33 AM
Whatever, I had trouble thinking of things I hate, so I had to resort to minor, infantile complaints. 5 things I love would be much easier :D

...But seriously I am rather upset that there's no free aim.

Assassin_M
09-12-2012, 02:39 AM
Now THAT is a Legitimate complaint.. You wont have any argument from me there..

SteelCity999
09-12-2012, 04:06 AM
The thing I hate the most...............

It's not out yet.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
For example you should not go and say "hey Batman sucks because you cannot buy Sodas from vendors"
No? :(

Btw, I like Connor's look. He's like teddy bear :)

BBALive
09-29-2012, 03:28 PM
Whatever, I had trouble thinking of things I hate, so I had to resort to minor, infantile complaints. 5 things I love would be much easier :D

Free-aim is in the game though.

SleezeRocker
09-29-2012, 03:32 PM
so far the only real ting I hate is, waiting approx another 30 days for both AC3 and AC3L hehe.
eh hopefully time will pass fast when I get RE6 next weekend ;)

Lass4r
09-29-2012, 03:53 PM
Well, I'm grabbing at straws to find things to dislike, but here are a few.

1. Guard AI seems to be still not great, it is a bit early to tell still but it doesn't seem like much changed.

2. Clipping issues (as if they aren't always gonna be there)

3. Sometimes during combat it seems like the enemies die/are subdued too easily, it doesn't look like that move should have killed them.

4. Yea, I can't really find a 4th and 5th xD

HisSpiritLives
09-29-2012, 04:05 PM
No? :(

Btw, I like Connor's look. He's like teddy bear :)

Teddy bear? That is word i would never use to describe him. :)

DavisP92
09-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Well, I'm grabbing at straws to find things to dislike, but here are a few.

1. Guard AI seems to be still not great, it is a bit early to tell still but it doesn't seem like much changed.

2. Clipping issues (as if they aren't always gonna be there)

3. Sometimes during combat it seems like the enemies die/are subdued too easily, it doesn't look like that move should have killed them.

4. Yea, I can't really find a 4th and 5th xD

Yea i've noticed that a lot of redguards die or are knocked out pretty easily. When connor knees them in the stomach/chest and they hit a wall it's instant death :nonchalance:

ACfan443
09-29-2012, 04:36 PM
I'd just like to add something, the one fight move I hate is where Connor hits a redcoat (applies to the large scotsman as well) and they flip several times in the air before falling on the ground...AND he does it with only one hand! I just think that's stupidly unrealistic.

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 04:47 PM
Teddy bear? That is word i would never use to describe him. :)

You know nothing about teddy bears ;)

Ielgon
09-29-2012, 06:22 PM
so far the only real ting I hate is, waiting approx another 30 days for both AC3 and AC3L hehe.

It will! Got it yesterday (pre-order + store giving them out early) and it's a great game, graphics are amazing at some points and the general gameplay has improved a lot since resident evil 5. It's also really long, each chapter takes about 2 hours so far (theres 20 chapters total I believe if you count all the different campaigns). And of course there's mercenaries and other things to play for. Only thing I dislike is how the weapon system has been changed and there's now just one weapon of each type for each character, skills have basically replaced the weapon system from resident evil 5.

It really suprised me, thought it'd be a lot worse but the moment I got 2 hours in I saw how great it was and it has just been amazing since.

BBALive
09-29-2012, 06:25 PM

I wouldn't get your hopes up. The recent demo was pretty bad. Leon's campaign was the best, but that isn't saying much.

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 06:27 PM
What really ticks me off is that Connor can climb like EVERYTHING! I'm fine with him climbing trees but Mountains, really. The climbing mountains thing makes the game seem like a fantasy game.

BBALive
09-29-2012, 06:28 PM
What really ticks me off is that Connor can climb like EVERYTHING! I'm fine with him climbing trees but Mountains, really. The climbing mountains thing makes the game seem like a fantasy game.

What am I reading.

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 06:29 PM
Another thing I hate is that the guards fight like they don't want you dead and there going extremely easy on you like they are fighting some little kid

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 06:30 PM
What am I reading.

Its my opinion. Not yours. If you like that, don't mess with what I think

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 06:31 PM

Go play Barbie.. My god

XD Good one, man

BBALive
09-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Its my opinion. Not yours. If you like that, don't mess with what I think

But mountain climbing isn't fantastical. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

AssassinGame1
09-29-2012, 06:35 PM
But mountain climbing isn't fantastical. That isn't an opinion, it's a fact.

Oh ok. You could said that in the first place, though

Jexx21
09-29-2012, 06:41 PM

How does it seem like a fantasy game? People climb mountains in real life all the time.

lbrosfilm
09-29-2012, 06:44 PM
Things I hate:
-Game isn't out yet
-Not enough stealth gameplay shown in the demos

So pretty much, nothing bothers me about the game itself, but seeing the people playing the demos and just running up and fighting everyone makes me mad.

shanethebouncer
09-29-2012, 09:27 PM
I just don't understand why they won't give Connor an eye patch when he's steering the ship?????

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
09-29-2012, 09:29 PM
Lol I got 5 things I hate about Ac3 right here

1. It
2. Is
3. Not
4. Out
5. Yet

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 10:35 PM
Literally forced myself to find 5 negative sides and finally:
1. Lucy is dead
2. No Ezio (yes that's quite hard for me)
3. PC version delayed (again)
4. PS3 users for some reason get story bonuses (I don't understand why. And why don't PC users get something as reward for waiting))
5. no, i can't... these game is amazing!!!! Give it to me, give it to me, give it to me...

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:36 PM
Literally forced myself to find 5 negative sides, but finally:
1. Lucy is dead
2. No Ezio (yes that's quite hard for me)
3. PC version delayed (again)
4. PS3 users for some reason get story bonuses (I don't understand why. And why don't PC users get something as reward for waiting))
5. no, i can't... these game is amazing!!!! Give it to me, give it to me, give it to me...
PS3 Gamers are obviously better than everyone else. We have better consoles and better lives... Everyone else is scum

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 10:40 PM
PS3 Gamers are obviously better than everyone else. We have better consoles and better lives... Everyone else is scum

Yeah right)

MT4K
09-29-2012, 10:41 PM

I challenge you to a duel, sir. Meet me at dawn with pistol ready!

My 5 things are the fact i can't play it right now :(.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:46 PM
I challenge you to a duel, sir. Meet me at dawn with pistol ready!

My 5 things are the fact i can't play it right now :(.
I only fight with swords...

MT4K
09-29-2012, 10:50 PM
I only fight with swords...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3I_Ds2ytz4o&feature=related

TinyTemplar
09-29-2012, 10:52 PM
lol ;)

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:52 PM
Cheater !!!

Escappa
09-29-2012, 10:57 PM
He found a video with a person with a gun fighting a person with a sword, easy . . . wait, doesn't that scene take place in Cairo, where a sertan person is located? . . . . . . Mindblown :eek:

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 10:59 PM
He found a video with a person with a gun fighting a person with a sword, easy . . . wait, doesn't that scene take place in Cairo, where a sertan person is located? . . . . . . Mindblown :eek:
Wait... That`s in Cairo ??

MT4K
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Wait... That`s in Cairo ??

Pretty sure that's true ;). Unfortunately i have to admit i didn't think about that at the time lmao. Funny coincidence though :D.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Pretty sure that's true ;). Unfortunately i have to admit i didn't think about that at the time lmao. Funny coincidence though :D.
WTF ?? What Year was that ?? In the Movie I mean..

Escappa
09-29-2012, 11:10 PM
In the movie it's 1936.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:11 PM
In the movie it's 1936.
WHAT ???!!! Bloody Stereotyping -__-

Its no wonder that back in the US they still think Camels are the Main method of transportation here...

MT4K
09-29-2012, 11:15 PM
I guess i should apologise for derailing the thread lol. My bad :p.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:16 PM
I guess i should apologise for derailing the thread lol. My bad :p.
I started the derailing >_>

U NO APOLOGIZE, MAGIC MAN !!! I do:p

ACfan443
09-29-2012, 11:26 PM
I think it's good sign that people are finding it difficult to identify features they hate. Wonder how this'll end up after we've played the game..

nitres15
09-29-2012, 11:29 PM
WHAT ???!!! Bloody Stereotyping -__-

Its no wonder that back in the US they still think Camels are the Main method of transportation here...

i know, it is obviously dromedaries ...

SteelCity999
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Hate is a pretty strong word.

Can't say there is anything I hate about the game and if I did have 5 things I hated about the game, I probably wouldn't be playing it in the first place.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:34 PM
hur hur

Escappa
09-29-2012, 11:35 PM

That is freakin' hilarious, bror.

PS. I hope no one takes this offensive, looking at Youknowwhoyouare, but i thought to this day that Cairo looked like Anakin Skywalkers home town on tattoine in Star Wars :p

nitres15
09-29-2012, 11:38 PM
hur hur
i was gonna say cars but then i thought "they probably wonīt drive very well on sand, and all of the sand storms, oh my-. Not to mention all of the mumies"

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
Damm you all... I hate you..

*runs away crying*

Escappa
09-29-2012, 11:41 PM
i was gonna say cars but then i thought "they probably wonīt drive very well on sand, and all of the sand storms, oh my-"

Because riding a dromedary is so much better in a sandstorm ;)

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:48 PM
Hey Big Boi.. I have feeling to Ok ?

Escappa
09-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Hey Big Boi.. I have feeling to Ok ?

Ok, you'll have the premission to make fun of our country now, happy?

nitres15
09-29-2012, 11:51 PM
ok, you'll have the premission to make fun of our country now, happy?

yes !.

Assassin_M
09-29-2012, 11:53 PM
You come from Sweden... and.... and... You have snow there.. HA !! Victory is Mine.. back on topic (Which I hate)

nitres15
09-29-2012, 11:56 PM
You come from Sweden... and.... and... You have snow there.. HA !! Victory is Mine.. back on topic (Which I hate)

Cīmon, be creative !

Escappa
09-29-2012, 11:57 PM
You come from Sweden... and.... and... You have snow there.. HA !! Victory is Mine...

:( OMG, you're a . . . you're a monster!!!!

Back to topic . . . . I forgot the topic, I'll be back.

Ashen-AngelFox
09-30-2012, 02:16 AM
I'd just like to add something, the one fight move I hate is where Connor hits a redcoat (applies to the large scotsman as well) and they flip several times in the air before falling on the ground...AND he does it with only one hand! I just think that's stupidly unrealistic.

Since this is what I seem to do for whatever reason, I thought I'd address this. Perhaps in the hopes of easing your mind and not letting it get in your way of enjoying the combat.

I don't think this move is as unrealistic as you do, though I understand that that's your opinion of it. My opinion is that it's not, and I'll explain why I feel this way.

Firstly, the enemies don't flip several times, though at full speed they might seem to. I, because I'm an odd person, download most of the released videos and occasionally step through them for my own edification (Don't judge me). Doing this, I saw that the enemies that Connor strikes in this way only make one full revolution in the air before hitting the ground. They roll at least once after contacting the ground, though this is simply their momentum from the spin. If they were to spin in the air more than this, I would agree that's unrealistic. But as it stands, they don't and I disagree.

Now, as for the fact that Connor uses only one hand in the move. Again, I would call this unrealistic if he only swung his arm during the attacks and the strike resulted in multiple spins in the air. But it does not. Watching the various moments where Connor uses the strike, you can see that he's putting his whole body into the move. At times, he even takes a (half) step forward into the strike. Using his whole body, Connor can put much more force into the strike. The force he puts into the strike is then transferred to the enemy when the tomahawk contacts his face. When the contact happens, it is an inelastic collision initially transferring a significant portion of Connor's angular momentum (from his spin move) into the Red Coat. This gives the Red Coat angular momentum in the same direction as Connor's (as the collision is initially inelastic), while it would not be equal to Connor's initial angular momentum the contact between the Red Coat and Connor's tomahawk is not instantaneous, that is the tomahawk remains in contact with the soldier for a longer period of time*. This would allow Connor to continue to apply force to the soldier creating even more torque. All of this causes the soldier to begin to spin, and the spin will continue even after Connor removes the tomahawk because of the soldier's rotational inertia and so will continue to spin until an external net force (such as the ground) causes that rotation to cease. Of course without knowing the necessary data for the system (the masses of the two individuals, Connor's angular velocity, their rotational inertia, and so forth) we cannot give an accurate statement on the result, but it is at the very least plausible.

For my purposes, I looked at the moment when the maneuver occurs in the Inside Assassin's Creed III Episode 2 on Combat, Weapons and Tactics. Specifically, at around 4:11 until 4:12.

*Physicists typically view instantaneous as being on the order of nanoseconds. As stepping though the video shows, the contact lasts for 1/24 of a second and therefore by physics standard, is not instantaneous.

theshankpimp19
09-30-2012, 09:50 PM
Only having your hood down in the Homestead. It'd be cool to have that as an option all the time. But that's like, not even really important. Just an aesthetic thing that would be cool. Otherwise, nothing else looks even remotely bad. The fact that this game is going to be like AC2 in the sense that it takes place over a 30 year span and you grow with the character, and all the just insanely amazing stuff that they added is making the wait for this game unbearable.

JCearlyyears
09-30-2012, 10:10 PM
I haven't heard the *shwing* assassination noise that the other games have which upsets me because that makes the game feel more like AC(in my opinion), and I miss Jesper Kyd. I'm not a fan of the grass in this game. I wish that the hidden blade designs seemed more plausible. The hood isn't beaked anymore, it's pointed, though it does have an eagle on it, I feel like it still isn't as eagley.
I am done. :nonchalance: