PDA

View Full Version : We don't much about the game actually...

killzab
09-08-2012, 09:14 PM
Despite the many trailers we got to see, we don't know much.

We barely heard Connor speak, we don't know ANYTHING about the present time plot, we got the same footage from a variety of angles but in the end we haven't seen much.

If I didn't know better I would almost be worried because I would think the game isn"t varied or deep...

playassassins1
09-08-2012, 09:19 PM
Well, we haven't seen anything. But that doesn't mean we don't know anything... We got like 1000's of articles about this game. Revealing a lot of new stuff. So we haven't seen it yet, but. It wouldn't be fun if we got to see everything :P

alientraveller
09-08-2012, 09:20 PM
We haven't seen Desmond at all: they're doing a far better job of keeping things under wraps than the last few games, which spoiled what happened to Ezio's family, the Vatican Vault, Viana or Subject 16's appearance.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 09:25 PM
We haven't seen Desmond at all: they're doing a far better job of keeping things under wraps than the last few games, which spoiled what happened to Ezio's family, the Vatican Vault, Viana or Subject 16's appearance.

This. Just because we haven't seen much doesn't mean there isn't much to see. We knew a TON about Revelations before it launched... So much, in fact, that we basically knew the plot of 3/4 of the game before we even played it. I'd rather hear nothing about the plot before the release than have three quarters of it spoiled.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Oh it would just be so ironic..

*BOOM* A video of eve gets leaked right now xD

Slayer_WTF
09-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Ubisoft wants that everything is new and fresh. I think we're ready for a surprise. :p

kriegerdesgottes
09-08-2012, 09:32 PM
usually I would come to the same conclusion like I did with revelations that the reason they weren't showing anything was because there simply wasn't anything to show but I think in this case it's really just because they want to keep all the surprises until the end. I do believe this game will be massive and that there is plenty we haven't seen so I'm not worried this time. I think they just want everyone to experience the game through playing it instead of watching it on youtube two months before the game comes out.

killzab
09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
But it's weird going from seeing SO MUCH of Revelations to barely anything of AC3 even though it's supposed to be twice as rich.

kudos17
09-08-2012, 09:35 PM
I'm glad. Notice we've seen trailers with basically the EXACT same footage?

They're releasing "new" things without new things in them, to whet our appetite. I expect the closer we get to release, the more leaks we'll have though, so steer clear.

Luckily, I've avoided all gaming-related accidents up to today. *Knock on wood*. AC3 is the LAST game I want to spoil, so I'm gonna be extra careful around launch. Even if there's riots in the streets because the ending sucks or something, I'm staying inside because I don't want to know about it.

ACfan443
09-08-2012, 09:54 PM
Slightly off topic: I don't know why they insist marketing is 'bigger than ever' this year. If I hadn't been searching up about AC3, I wouldn't even have known it exists.
E.g I haven't seen a single advert on tv (in the UK, as far as I know)

On topic: I prefer not to know much about the story (especially the Desmond plot) it makes for a bigger surprise when actually coming to play it :)

ChaosxNetwork
09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
we know enough.
Any more and it starts to become spoiler territory.
You shouldn't want to know anything about the game before it comes out, besides small gameplay things and the basic setting. Which we have.

Calvarok
09-08-2012, 10:41 PM
Um, wouldn't knowing EVERYTHING about the game before it comes out indicate a lack of depth? It's very obvious that they're holding back things because they want it to be spoiler free. They've been very candid about actual mechanics and gameplay opportunities, as well as the LENGTH of the game.

Black_Widow9
09-08-2012, 10:42 PM
No secrets for you!
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4889649178019413&id=3f1f5e7c76939d8b0f88ca70d0f74adb

But really, you don't want it spoiled. I know I don't. ;)

lonewarrior30
09-08-2012, 10:45 PM
No secrets for you!
http://ts2.mm.bing.net/images/thumbnail.aspx?q=4889649178019413&id=3f1f5e7c76939d8b0f88ca70d0f74adb

But really, you don't want it spoiled. I know I don't. ;)

soooooooo.......when is episode 3 releasing? :p

Black_Widow9
09-08-2012, 10:48 PM
soooooooo.......when is episode 3 releasing? :p
If I told you I'd have to kill you. Assassin's and all that stuff. :p

pacmanate
09-08-2012, 10:51 PM
Slightly off topic: I don't know why they insist marketing is 'bigger than ever' this year. If I hadn't been searching up about AC3, I wouldn't even have known it exists.

On topic: I prefer not to know much about the story (especially the Desmond plot) it makes for a bigger surprise when actually coming to play it :)

Depends where you are I guess. I know in the UK there are TONS of TV ads for AC on Channel 5 around a week before until release, and then again before christmas.

lonewarrior30
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM

You will come all the way to Germany........FOR ME :'))

AnthonyA85
09-08-2012, 11:01 PM
We'll probably get the adverts here round about the end of september.

Black_Widow9
09-08-2012, 11:07 PM
You will come all the way to Germany........FOR ME :'))
If need be. I may just send my Recruits. :p Though I'd love to go there and see the sights. lol

Slayer_WTF
09-08-2012, 11:11 PM

Hey.. Widow..

http://acmos.net/files/2012/01/Corruzione.jpg

:p

notafanboy
09-08-2012, 11:12 PM
If need be. I may just send my Recruits. :p Though I'd love to go there and see the sights. lol

donīt forget all of the streudels and schnitzelbrats and bratzenwurst and stritzenwirts and blintzenschnoodles and snoozlepoodles you can eat !

lonewarrior30
09-08-2012, 11:15 PM

http://www.tacomaworld.com/gallery/data/500/demotivational-posters-come-at-me-bro.jpg

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Well, we haven't seen anything. But that doesn't mean we don't know anything... We got like 1000's of articles about this game. Revealing a lot of new stuff. So we haven't seen it yet, but. It wouldn't be fun if we got to see everything :P

I think we know enough for now !

pacmanate
09-08-2012, 11:28 PM
All we know is all we need to know :) We know Connors background and why he joins the assassins. We also know why Desmond is reliving his memories, because he has something to do with the vault. Connors journey doesn't need to be spoilt and I am glad so far it hasn't been. I will hate leaks from anywhere and if I see leaks anywhere here I will probably get 3 infractions and a ban in the space of 2 minutes.

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 11:40 PM
All we know is all we need to know :) We know Connors background and why he joins the assassins. We also know why Desmond is reliving his memories, because he has something to do with the vault. Connors journey doesn't need to be spoilt and I am glad so far it hasn't been. I will hate leaks from anywhere and if I see leaks anywhere here I will probably get 3 infractions and a ban in the space of 2 minutes.

Exactly

Locopells
09-09-2012, 12:35 AM

Yeah, I remember starting a thread about how I hadn't seen any posters for ACR in London, only ones for the competition that were coming out at the same time. They then popped up all over the place AFTER the release...

ACfan443
09-09-2012, 12:37 AM
Depends where you are I guess. I know in the UK there are TONS of TV ads for AC on Channel 5 around a week before until release, and then again before christmas.

I swear there were many revelations adverts before that, I kept seeing them over and over again. And I think now would be a great time with advertising, especially in the prime time slot when shows like the X Factor are on, that would bring in a LOT of pre orders.. But y'know I'm no marketing expert :P

pacmanate
09-09-2012, 09:21 AM
I swear there were many revelations adverts before that, I kept seeing them over and over again. And I think now would be a great time with advertising, especially in the prime time slot when shows like the X Factor are on, that would bring in a LOT of pre orders.. But y'know I'm no marketing expert :P

Now is a bit too early. I know that the RISE trailer is shown in Cinemas before big movies like Dark Knight Rises and TASM which is good. If anything trailers and gameplay things are in cinemas way earlier than they show up on TV. Sony and Channel 5 have a "thing" where Sony products and ads appear there. I would say around first or 2nd week of October we will start seeing some ads :D

POP1Fan
09-09-2012, 10:17 AM
I know the name of the protagonist. It's enough for me until release.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 10:24 AM
I know the name of the protagonist. It's enough for me until release.

Good for you ;)

POP1Fan
09-09-2012, 10:51 AM
Good for you ;)

I never ask for much... I already possibly spoiled Resident Evil 6....

ACfan443
09-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Now is a bit too early. I know that the RISE trailer is shown in Cinemas before big movies like Dark Knight Rises and TASM which is good. If anything trailers and gameplay things are in cinemas way earlier than they show up on TV. Sony and Channel 5 have a "thing" where Sony products and ads appear there. I would say around first or 2nd week of October we will start seeing some ads :D

I can't wait, it will be great seeing it on tv :D

D.I.D.
09-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Good point. I mean, they say there's an "Assassin's Creed III". But is there?

Pfft. I'll believe it when I see it.

pacmanate
09-09-2012, 01:22 PM
I can't wait, it will be great seeing it on tv :D

I just remembered, I think the gameplay premiere trailer had a TV spot actually!

NOLA_Assassin
09-09-2012, 02:46 PM
I would think the game isn"t varied or deep...

Well we know from a gameplay perspective that that isn't true, and since we got good old Corey May and new comer Matt Turner (who I've taken quite a liking too) on the writing job, I wouldn't be too worried about the plot.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Every AC has great plot ,for me

lothario-da-be
09-09-2012, 04:42 PM
Every AC has great plot ,for me
And i trust ubi for this one too.

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 05:54 PM
And i trust ubi for this one too.

So do I!

lukaszep
09-09-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't want to know anymore. In fact I wish I knew less.

Marketing has been huge for this game, I've been seeing it everywhere. I've already seen the premiere trailer and a TV spot on tv, the Rise trailer at the cinema, and the largest game shop in my area has had an entire store front window dedicated to AC3 for the past month with game casings and posters.

MT4K
09-09-2012, 06:46 PM
I don't want to know anymore. In fact I wish I knew less.

Marketing has been huge for this game, I've been seeing it everywhere. I've already seen the premiere trailer and a TV spot on tv, the Rise trailer at the cinema, and the largest game shop in my area has had an entire store front window dedicated to AC3 for the past month with game casings and posters.

Take a picture :D. I bet it looks awesome.