PDA

View Full Version : New "Coming Home" TV Trailer

Pages : [1] 2

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 12:51 PM
Since we're not suppoused to discuss it in the other thread, I'm opening new one :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JCLl--V4f8

Layytez
09-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Connor looking badass as always, i'm loving that hair.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 12:56 PM
Looks like it wasn't Agent 47 after all ;P

And RatonhnhakÚ:ton is looking so good <3 :D

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 12:57 PM
Great to see more of Connor without the hood. Has anyone noticed that the threshold for having your hood down seems to be different for every ancestor? Alta´r never took it down for anyone, Ezio would remove it when in the presence of his closest friends and Connor seems to take it down in front of a lot of people. Maybe he does it as a sign of respect?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't like how Agent 47 grabs his arm and pushes him like some some little kid, or as if he was a thief :mad:

TheHumanTowel
09-06-2012, 01:02 PM
Good trailer. You know you're getting near release when the tv adverts start being shown.

To quote Leonardo Da Vinci "How exciting!"

ProletariatPleb
09-06-2012, 01:03 PM
Let me say it again then...Connor's hair!

AssassinVenice
09-06-2012, 01:04 PM
Now Ubi, give us a Desmond trailer and my dreams will be fulfilled (until October 30th that is :) .)

Slayer_WTF
09-06-2012, 01:08 PM
That's great.

playassassins1
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Now Ubi, give us a Desmond trailer and my dreams will be fulfilled (until October 30th that is :) .)

I don't think they'll ever show it, like Alex said, if it was up to him, they wouldn't show anything about modern day stuff.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Let me say it again then...Connor's hair!
I've been fanboying for his hair for months now, you're late ;P

Locopells
09-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Looking good.

I hereby issue the quest for an HQ version of this - if it can be found!

Leo96Jimbo
09-06-2012, 01:15 PM
LOL at 0:34 Connor reminds me of Avatar for his hair XD

SevketErhat
09-06-2012, 01:23 PM
I hope a HQ version of this trailer turns up soon

Saar Ben Kiki
09-06-2012, 01:37 PM
better version anyone?? cant wait

itsamea-mario
09-06-2012, 01:41 PM
LOL at 0:34 Connor reminds me of Avatar for his hair XD

That is exactly what i was thinking.

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 01:45 PM
it was pretty good i guess, weird choice of song though.

FirestarLuva
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Beautiful trailer. What if it's a glimpse of the story trailer?
Anyway, dat song, so addicting, for me anyways, we'll be in my head for a whole night. :P

dxsxhxcx
09-06-2012, 01:52 PM
I hope we have the option to play without the hood in the game... :)

Stroonzje
09-06-2012, 02:09 PM
Awesome, i can see that at some part in the story (probably the first quarter) hes been introduced to the nobles, like george Washington and such, that will be interesting to see because he would be completely out of his comfort zone

FirestarLuva
09-06-2012, 02:21 PM
Connor looks so goofy being bossed around by someone much shorter than him at 0:24
After watching this video, I think Connor will be good-looking, maybe not as much as Ezio, but still, he'll have a nice face. :P

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 02:23 PM
Connor looks so goofy being bossed around by someone much shorter than him at 0:24
After watching this video, I think Connor will be good-looking, maybe not as much as Ezio, but still, he'll have a nice face. :P
don┤t say that when Ratonhakefan is around ;P

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 02:27 PM
don┤t say that when Ratonhakefan is around ;Pohh but why?

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zxbakw.gif

;P

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-06-2012, 02:28 PM
The graphics ,,, My god !!
And Connor's hair ! His freaken hair moves !!

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 02:32 PM
The graphics ,,, My god !!
And Connor's hair ! His freaken hair moves !!
lol it BETTER moves. Can you imagine how weird his braid would look if it was static like a solid rock? xD

FirestarLuva
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
Anyway hope the story trailer is something like this! I'm not saying they should spoil anything, they can show the things we already know about, his village burned, his fight for justice, bla
bla...

NOLA_Assassin
09-06-2012, 02:35 PM
At 0:34, he's saying "This country might finally be free" not "HIS country." Just wanted to clear that up:D

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
lol it BETTER moves. Can you imagine how weird his braid would look if it was static like a solid rock? xD

*Trying to Imagine*
No can't !
But really the graphics in this Low quality trailer looks stunning ,,, Dam* ,
Youtube really makes the game look bad !

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Anyway hope the story trailer is something like this! I'm not saying they should spoil anything, they can show the things we already know about, his village burned, his fight for justice, bla
bla...Village burning may contain heavy spoilers, depending on who's present at that time. But yeah, I hope for more trailers like this, where we can see characters talk in cutscenes :)

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 03:46 PM
ohh but why?

http://i49.tinypic.com/1zxbakw.gif

;P

Is that Britney? :P

Anyway, Connor looks cool, I don't know why people say Ezio is the best looking blah blah, he has the exact same face model as Altair and Desmond, the only difference is the longer hair, so..

ProletariatPleb
09-06-2012, 03:50 PM
Is that Britney? :P

Anyway, Connor looks cool, I don't know why people say Ezio is the best looking blah blah, he has the exact same face model as Altair and Desmond, the only difference is the longer hair, so..
True, I had a picture once, proof of that, let me find it.

EDIT: here it is
http://i.imgur.com/yf73k.gif

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 04:01 PM
True, I had a picture once, proof of that, let me find it.

EDIT: here it is
http://i.imgur.com/yf73k.gif

It shows it really well, I guess that's what makes Connor unique, he's the only one with a different face

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 04:12 PM

I guess it's the beard.

tarrero
09-06-2012, 04:15 PM
Notice how @23/24 seconds Connor seems to be "forced" to speak with Washington, the way the officer grabs him by the arm........Dont you think?

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Notice how @23/24 seconds Connor seems to be "forced" to speak with Washington, the way the officer grabs him by the arm........Dont you think?
Yes, noticed that too. I don't like how he grabs him like that, looks disrespectful! :mad: I wanna kill him already ;P

tarrero
09-06-2012, 04:22 PM
Yes, noticed that too. I don't like how he grabs him like that, looks disrespectful! :mad: I wanna kill him already ;P

And @31/32 Connor looks at Washington like he has seen him before or surprised it by him.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 04:28 PM

It's possible. Look at the shot where he shakes Washington's hand. No hood. But in this screen from the first Inside AC3 trailer;

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120822172857/assassinscreed/images/3/3f/Connor_with_Washington.png

The exact same scene is shown with the hood.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 04:32 PM
And @31/32 Connor looks at Washington like he has seen him before or surprised it by him.
Hmm I think they meet for the first time in this scene. They shake hands, and that guy who holds RatonhnhakÚ:ton's arm is like "he's a Mohawk", kind of like explaining to Washington who this is

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 04:34 PM
Hmm I think they meet for the first time in this scene. They shake hands, and that guy who holds RatonhnhakÚ:ton's arm is like "he's a Mohawk", kind of like explaining to Washington who this is

It's possible that they met much earlier in the story, before Washington was a big-time general, hence Connor's surprise at seeing him and Washington apparently not recognizing him, since he would have been just a kid at the time.

LightRey
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
It's possible. Look at the shot where he shakes Washington's hand. No hood. But in this screen from the first Inside AC3 trailer;

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120822172857/assassinscreed/images/3/3f/Connor_with_Washington.png

Don't get your hopes up too high. It could just be an outfit thing, like how in AC2, ACB and ACR the hood would never be taken off if an outfit was being worn.

Nader-Abudiix
09-06-2012, 04:49 PM

This Reminds me back in AC2, in the story trailer they showed Ezio interferring on his family's execution wearing italian noble outfit but then in the final game he wears his fathers assassin robes with hood so what im trying to say is that maybe without hood was early shot and the hood was from near final build or vice versa

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 04:52 PM
This Reminds me back in AC2, in the story trailer they showed Ezio interferring on his family's execution wearing italian noble outfit but then in the final game he wears his fathers assassin robes with hood so what im trying to say is that maybe without hood was early shot and the hood was from near final build or vice versa

Maybe. But it seems odd that they would show the scene with the hood and the scene without the hood within two weeks of each other.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 04:54 PM
Maybe. But it seems odd that they would show the scene with the hood and the scene without the hood within two weeks of each other.True, but maybe Inside AC series was done much earlier. I mean, the bald guy on the left now has hair so the hood wasn't the only thing that changed

LightRey
09-06-2012, 04:58 PM
True, but maybe Inside AC series was done much earlier. I mean, the bald guy on the left now has hair so the hood wasn't the only thing that changed
Could also just be a random NPC. In AC2 the guy that shouts "Shoot the flying demon!" looks different every time too.

tarrero
09-06-2012, 05:01 PM
I would like that! NPC`s in Revelations were ridicolous, all them LOOKED THE SAME!!!!!!!

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 05:05 PM
I would like that! NPC`s in Revelations were ridicolous, all them LOOKED THE SAME!!!!!!!

Yes. That same chubby face with the wispy mustache-goatee :nonchalance:

HisSpiritLives
09-06-2012, 05:58 PM
I don't like how Agent 47 grabs his arm and pushes him like some some little kid, or as if he was a thief :mad:

But why he grabs his arm?

itsamea-mario
09-06-2012, 06:30 PM
Connor might be nervous, so that guy is giving him a push.

pacmanate
09-06-2012, 06:38 PM

Wouldn't count on it. Ubisoft have patched hood down exploits in past AC games before. The hood isn't for fashion, its a sign of the Assassin's, you wouldnt just take it down randomly.
Also those pictures could be from the same scene but either hood up or down could be final, I am thinking hood down though seeing as in past AC games when you enter someones house your hood comes down. If you guys remember the AC2 TGS trailer, when Ezios bros get hanged, he is wearing his florentine attire, not his Assassin attire. Things change a lot when the game comes out, same goes for story missions we see in demos.

dxsxhxcx
09-06-2012, 06:55 PM
Wouldn't count on it. Ubisoft have patched hood down exploits in past AC games before. The hood isn't for fashion, its a sign of the Assassin's, you wouldnt just take it down randomly.
Also those pictures could be from the same scene but either hood up or down could be final, I am thinking hood down though seeing as in past AC games when you enter someones house your hood comes down. If you guys remember the AC2 TGS trailer, when Ezios bros get hanged, he is wearing his florentine attire, not his Assassin attire. Things change a lot when the game comes out, same goes for story missions we see in demos.

if they were afraid of mischaracterize a character then we wouldn't have the raiden skin or other skin not Assassin related, I know they probably won't give us this option (at least not in AC3), I just think it would be cool to have it like we had with the apprentices in the previous games, it would also allow me to create my own little events inside the game, like walking around the crowd without the hood to not draw too much attention during the day and then before I strike I put my hood on, kill the target and run, little things to play around and that can help with the immersion sometimes...

GeneralTrumbo
09-06-2012, 06:58 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emEQ4tp3w7o&amp;feature=plcp\

Louder version. You can make out what they're saying clearer.

HisSpiritLives
09-06-2012, 07:07 PM
But why he grabs his arm?

Nervous, he should be cold killer :D

itsamea-mario
09-06-2012, 07:10 PM
Nervous, he should be cold killer :D

Yeah, and he can stare down armies, but he might not be the best at social interaction.

..or maybe they found him sneaking around or something, i dno..

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 07:12 PM
The song selection wouldn't fit a normal trailer, but it works perfectly for this one. Especially during the montage with quotes from the press

HisSpiritLives
09-06-2012, 07:14 PM
Yeah, and he can stare down armies, but he might not be the best at social interaction.

..or maybe they found him sneaking around or something, i dno..

If they find him sneaking i dont think i would finish calmly!

itsamea-mario
09-06-2012, 07:16 PM
If they find him sneaking i dont think i would finish calmly!

Well he's not just going to kill people he wants to be allied with, he might have wanted an audience with Washington, so he sneaked in, but was found and taken to him anyway. but it's more likely that the guy likes grabbing people.

dewgel
09-06-2012, 07:38 PM
Well he's not just going to kill people he wants to be allied with, he might have wanted an audience with Washington, so he sneaked in, but was found and taken to him anyway. but it's more likely that the guy likes grabbing people.

I've got a different idea, that I'm going to put out there..

Based on the E3 trailer; Connor assassinates the British leader, and George Washington sees the whole thing through his telescope. George then looks to his fellow solider, concerned, then looks back toward Connor and smiles.

My guess, is that George W. notices that Connor is a valuable asset, and requests his men to bring him to him. Obviously, this would explain why Connor is brought into his office roughly (High security etc)

Anyone?

rileypoole1234
09-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Nice. I like Connor's little Jack Sparrow hair thingy.

itsamea-mario
09-06-2012, 08:17 PM
I've got a different idea, that I'm going to put out there..

Based on the E3 trailer; Connor assassinates the British leader, and George Washington sees the whole thing through his telescope. George then looks to his fellow solider, concerned, then looks back toward Connor and smiles.

My guess, is that George W. notices that Connor is a valuable asset, and requests his men to bring him to him. Obviously, this would explain why Connor is brought into his office roughly (High security etc)

Anyone?

Well that's the obvious idea really, can't see him being allowed an audience with Washington unless wash invited him, and i can't see wash inviting him for no reason.
Then there's the E3 trailer.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 08:30 PM
Well that's the obvious idea really, can't see him being allowed an audience with Washington unless wash invited him, and i can't see wash inviting him for no reason.
Then there's the E3 trailer.

I wouldn't count on the E3 trailer being a good representative of the game. The only trailer that showed canon events was the Revelations one, and that was just because they were too **** lazy to make a proper intro. Besides, the battle shown in the trailer is supposed to be Bunker Hill, and Washington wasn't even there. I don't think that would be their "one big historical deviation", since that would be a kind of stupid thing to add.

sticks165
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxsQJaEMek

lonewarrior30
09-06-2012, 08:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxsQJaEMek&amp;feature=g-u-u And when I click it it says ''
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that.' .....LOLWUT

DoNNiEDaRkO50
09-06-2012, 08:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuxsQJaEMek&feature=g-u-u And when I click it it says ''
The uploader has not made this video available in your country.

Sorry about that.' .....LOLWUT

When I saw this message I was exactly like : Screw you bi*** !!
I want this trailer so bad !!

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 08:41 PM
When I saw this message I was exactly like : Screw you bitc* !!
I want this trailer so bad !!

Use a proxy or something.

im3jia
09-06-2012, 08:44 PM
This trailer was shown during the football game last night.

tarrero
09-06-2012, 08:50 PM
Oh gawd!!!!! :(

sticks165
09-06-2012, 08:52 PM
beat you to it :p

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM

lonewarrior30
09-06-2012, 08:57 PM
beat you to it :p

haha yeaa.. oh btw look what I found

edit: OH it looks like I am late...:p

GeneralTrumbo
09-06-2012, 09:00 PM
And yet, Desmond remains better than you.

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:01 PM
And yet, Desmond remains better than you.

i don┤t get it, are you tryng to insult me ?

GeneralTrumbo
09-06-2012, 09:02 PM
i don┤t get it, are you tryng to insult me ?
Yes.

dewgel
09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Don't know if anyone spotted it, but I saw "3D Compatible".

I know it was sort of confirmed with Revelations being 3D, but good to see it actually said.

The graphics on Connor's face are really good, is it me or is he really big? Like actually massive haha. He looks like one of them classic Indians you wouldn't want to mess with.

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:06 PM
Yes.

may i ask why ? Is it because i don┤t like Desmond or just because you felt like being an ******* ?

dewgel
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM
may i ask why ? Is it because i don┤t like Desmond or just because you felt like being an ******* ?

Probably because Desmond's better than you.

maxerx180
09-06-2012, 09:08 PM

You don't like Desmond? Blasphemy!

GeneralTrumbo
09-06-2012, 09:10 PM
A bit of both.

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:12 PM
Probably because Desmond's better than you.
better how ?, why┤s everyone an *** all of the sudden ?

dewgel
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
better how ?, why┤s everyone an *** all of the sudden ?

I'm just joking with you, I don't get what the other guy was going on about though. I noticed he put it in another thread too lol

Slayer_WTF
09-06-2012, 09:13 PM
HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDNN-NNUEk

tarrero
09-06-2012, 09:14 PM
Connor indeed seems to be bulkier than both Altair and Ezio....

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Love it <3 The song has nothing to do with AC3 but it works well for this commercial.

And RatonhnhakÚ:ton just couldn't be any cuter :o

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:15 PM
I'm just joking with you, I don't get what the other guy was going on about though. I noticed he put it in another thread too lol

ohhhhhahahaha stop, i can┤t breathe, you┤re so funny...

Sick_one12
09-06-2012, 09:20 PM
Awesome tv spot and Connor really looks cool:DI normally dont like this song or music like this but its already in my ear:p;)

lonewarrior30
09-06-2012, 09:22 PM
did you notice that connor DOES have a scar after all?

im3jia
09-06-2012, 09:24 PM
Now all the AC fans will go buy the song, big win for P. Diddy.

maxerx180
09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
That's the Boston Massacre at the begining, right?

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 09:28 PM
He assassinated a bear! And just something trivial - in another trailer it said 70 E3 nominations, it has somehow gone down to 60

tarrero
09-06-2012, 09:30 PM
I believe the man behind the speech is the one responsible for Cesare Borgia┤s voice.

PD is that a famous phrase? And could anyone write it please? I am not a native speaker thus his accent gives me problems :P

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
I guess the man behind the speech is the one responsible for Cesare Borgia┤s voice.

PD is that a famous phrase? And could anyone write it please? I am not a native speaker thus his accent gives me problems :P

PD what ? Do you want me to write down the whole speech ?

tarrero
09-06-2012, 09:38 PM
Not entirely, just the part that kinda says "it seems we are truly at war". I understand the rest of the voices.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 09:42 PM
That's the Boston Massacre at the begining, right?

I hope not. The British looked like they were bullying the colonists. That's not even close to what actually happened that day.

notafanboy
09-06-2012, 09:43 PM
Not entirely, just the part that kinda says "it seems we are truly at war". I understand the rest of the voices.
he says " i only hope this madness is soon ended"

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 09:45 PM

Yeah, you can kind of see it during the close up of his face ;) Nice spot.

tarrero
09-06-2012, 09:48 PM
Thanks man!

ShakeGaming
09-06-2012, 09:51 PM
To be honest, not a fan of the map but it seems interesting!

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 09:52 PM

Are you talking about his cheek scar, or the lip scar Altair, Ezio and Desmond have? If it's the lip then I can't see it :/

deskp
09-06-2012, 09:58 PM
http://i46.tinypic.com/2mfj8fc.png

maxerx180
09-06-2012, 10:00 PM
I hope not. The British looked like they were bullying the colonists. That's not even close to what actually happened that day.

Yeah but the year matches up, and it was also snowing during the massacre like in the trailer.

Sick_one12
09-06-2012, 10:12 PM

yeah,i guess i can see his scar:)I also like the fact that connor hasnt a pretty boy/clean skin structure like young ezio had:) that gives him more of a rough/washed up vibe!Thats great!:D

deskp
09-06-2012, 10:14 PM
I really really hope there is a hood down option.. or that someone will find a way toi glitch it off and on like ACR

Not having to look at the back of a hood the majority of the game would be great.

Kaschra
09-06-2012, 10:18 PM
Awesome trailer! Connor's voice is really cool, I like it.

pacmanate
09-06-2012, 10:19 PM
HD:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctDNN-NNUEk

You are one of the best newbs I have ever seen on the forums on my two years being here, thanks for the HD!

He assassinated a bear! And just something trivial - in another trailer it said 70 E3 nominations, it has somehow gone down to 60

Yeah that is kinda weird, probably because Ubisoft LIED to us.

That is one ugly mother child right there. OOOOOGLAY.

kriegerdesgottes
09-06-2012, 10:35 PM

I wouldn't say he's ugly but I do like it better when Desmond looks like the ancestor. I realize it's not a likely scenario that he would be identical to ancestors who lived 500-1000 years ago especially two who aren't even related to each other but I really like it and I wish Desmond looked more like Connor.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 10:36 PM

*waits for Ratonhnhake:fan to comment*

morpheusPrime08
09-06-2012, 10:38 PM
It premiered during the Cowboys vs Giants NFL season opener! How the hell did I miss it:mad:, Darn my impatience during commercials, would have been so epic to see it live.

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 10:46 PM
*waits for Ratonhnhake:fan to comment*

He's probably preparing a massive rant!

Anyway, I think that's him when he's much older, more towards the end of the game, since he says "maybe this country will finally become free" (probably not the exact words but you get the gist)

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 10:48 PM
Anyway, I think that's him when he's much older, more towards the end of the game, since he says "maybe this country will finally become free" (probably not the exact words but you get the gist)

You think so? I actually thought this was pretty early on, as in the first time he met Washington. "This country might finally be free" could refer to the Declaration of Independence.

Legendz54
09-06-2012, 10:52 PM
You are one of the best newbs I have ever seen on the forums on my two years being here, thanks for the HD!

Yeah that is kinda weird, probably because Ubisoft LIED to us.

Mate thats not ugly....... This is ugly

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_4B6BR9aWHAk/SMZO5u2_teI/AAAAAAAAA3U/KrF759b6-Ps/s400/1219084279988.jpg

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 10:59 PM
I still don't see a lip scar. I really don't think he's meant to have one.

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 11:02 PM
You think so? I actually thought this was pretty early on, as in the first time he met Washington. "This country might finally be free" could refer to the Declaration of Independence.

You're right, it is early on, I missed the '1770' date which showed up at the beginning of the video. If that's so, then Connor was only 17 years old (if 1753 is his birth date)

ACfan443
09-06-2012, 11:04 PM
I still don't see a lip scar. I really don't think he's meant to have one.

I don't either (even after the screenshot) it just looks like a faint mark to me

BATISTABUS
09-06-2012, 11:05 PM
I love Connor's voice. Great commercial.

Assassin_M
09-06-2012, 11:06 PM
I am liking.

Connor looks like a complete badass... the guy seems screwed, though... you can see it in his face..

Vex_Assassin
09-06-2012, 11:21 PM
That's a very nice commercial! I absolutely love Connor's facial expression when he assassinates the British officer at 0:17.

r4inm4n1991
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
There is a scene that he looks a bit like Liu kang from the new Mortal Kombat. BUT JUST A LITTLE!

MetalCreed
09-06-2012, 11:25 PM
Terrible choice of music.

Decent trailer. Noteworthy comment:Connor's hair/face detailed

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 11:45 PM
http://i47.tinypic.com/29ftlxl.gif

SAY WHAT?!?!?!?! :mad:

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 11:47 PM

LOL this is the reaction I was hoping for. ;)

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 11:51 PM
You're right, it is early on, I missed the '1770' date which showed up at the beginning of the video. If that's so, then Connor was only 17 years old (if 1753 is his birth date)

I don't think 1753 is his actual birth date. Or 1755, as some people say. He looks older in this trailer, at least mid-20s. I'm thinking 1753 is when the village burns.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-06-2012, 11:52 PM
I don't think 1753 is his actual birth date. Or 1755, as some people say. He looks older in this trailer, at least mid-20s. I'm thinking 1753 is when the village burns.The devs already said that we will see his birth so he can't be born before 1753

LOL this is the reaction I was hoping for. ;)I have a gif appropriate for every situation ;P

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 11:54 PM
The devs already said that we will see his birth so he can't be born before 1753

I have a gif appropriate for every situation ;P

We saw Ezio's birth as well (in 1759) but they still billed the game as "spanning from 1476-1499.". They could show a quick birth scene, then skip ahead MANY years just like they did with Ezio, and not count his birthdate in the 1753-1783 span.

Locopells
09-07-2012, 12:22 AM

Classic! I might have to steal that! :-)

Nice trailer and good to see something new, though yet another one about the setting, and suggesting that Connor's gonna save the country. Ho hum...

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 12:43 AM
Classic! I might have to steal that! :-)

+1, I just did :p

Legendz54
09-07-2012, 07:03 AM
http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/1410/screenshot20120907at401.png

These guys look dodgy, looks like Connor is planning for them to do something, and I'm talking boston massacre.

SevketErhat
09-07-2012, 07:44 AM

Looks like we will

MetalCreed
09-07-2012, 07:51 AM
I wonder how Connor develops as a character? He's suppose to be reserved and be fighting for his people. What could change about him? More nicer, more cold-hearted?

Inb4Batmanissues

Assassin_M
09-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Looks like we will
Please do not answer with unconfirmed rumors, you are not qualified..

DarkSolitude-X
09-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Now all the AC fans will go buy the song, big win for P. Diddy.

Not me man. I'm metal all the way. I can't stand rap or this new age whatever you call it.

SevketErhat
09-07-2012, 08:44 AM
Please do not answer with unconfirmed rumors, you are not qualified..

Qualified ???

Assassin_M
09-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Qualified ???
Ah.. yeah ?

Saar Ben Kiki
09-07-2012, 10:13 AM
Lol.. 'qualified', youre good with bashing people M hahah

DarkSolitude-X
09-07-2012, 10:29 AM
Lol.. 'qualified', youre good with bashing people M hahah

Apparently "bashing" people is funny. What a sad world this is.

For the sake of argument, the no hood glitch in ACR was brought on by the cutscenes where Ezio was hoodless. So using that reasoning, it is logical to assume that we might be able to do the same in AC3.

Mr_Shade
09-07-2012, 10:40 AM
For the sake of argument, the no hood glitch in ACR was brought on by the cutscenes where Ezio was hoodless. So using that reasoning, it is logical to assume that we might be able to do the same in AC3.

I would not assume too much, since assumptions - become rumours and then rumours become 'official' - and when it turns out to be wrong, Ubisoft get the blame for removing a feature..

It may happen, may not - so would rather people don't think it will - in case it doesn't ;)

And to all - lets wind the insults / bashing in a little.. ;)

NOLA_Assassin
09-07-2012, 10:43 AM
I would not assume too much, since assumptions - become rumours and then rumours become 'official' - and when it turns out to be wrong, Ubisoft get the blame for removing a feature..

It may happen, may not - so would rather people don't think it will - in case it doesn't ;)

And to all - lets wind the insults / bashing in a little.. ;)

In other words: M stop being so anal! lol

Mr_Shade
09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
I think the people concerned will know who / what I mean..

lets not start stepping on toes please - ;)

Ielgon
09-07-2012, 11:00 AM
"He comes from the mohawk tribe but he is destined to lead us to freedom."

I'm having doubts about the destined part... seems a bit lame if for some reason everyone knew about Connor being special somehow.

DarkSolitude-X
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

I'm having doubts about the destined part... seems a bit lame if for some reason everyone knew about Connor being special somehow.

It's possible that Connor did some sort of great act previously. What we got is alittle snippet from a cutscene. I'm assuming that that sentence will make more sense when we know the whole picture.

When Connor is being held by the arm, I'm thinking that was right after the first Colonial templar was killed.

Legendz54
09-07-2012, 11:06 AM

Could be a quote only recorded for marketing, happens all the time.

HisSpiritLives
09-07-2012, 11:22 AM

Maybe he showed some skill earlier so they tought he could help them

DJMY1
09-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Nice trailer, cant wait to play with Connor, but i will miss Altair and Ezio.

itsamea-mario
09-07-2012, 11:59 AM

I think those are two seperate lines that have been mixed together, The tone between "...Mohawk tribe" and "He is destined to lead us to freedom" sound different. and it doesn't make much sense, i don't think he's a leader.

Also the part where he says "George washington now rallies the colonists, this country might finally be free" I'm thinking theres a cut after "colonists"

Locopells
09-07-2012, 12:08 PM
Well the whole tone was of 'Connor's gonna win the war', so it probably was cut - that's not supposed to be his aim after all. He just wants his people to survive when the dust settles.

pacmanate
09-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Apparently "bashing" people is funny. What a sad world this is.

That's your logic? Surely it is more logical we won't have this exploit as they managed to find out why it happened and then patched it... They probably tried the same exploit to see if it happened in AC3.

Slayer_WTF
09-07-2012, 12:48 PM
This music is horrible. In the past we had Woodkid and Peter Gabriel, now we have this sort of Rhianna. Meh..

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 12:51 PM
I'm hoping for some nice bad *** dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtgOQL5A3g

itsamea-mario
09-07-2012, 01:02 PM
I'm hoping for some nice bad *** dubstep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZtgOQL5A3g

nooo, oh god no.

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 01:03 PM
Yesss, oh yessss :p

Slayer_WTF
09-07-2012, 01:05 PM
nooo, oh god no.

Better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

God..

itsamea-mario
09-07-2012, 01:09 PM
Better than this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

God..

They don't use the whole song, just the "coming home" part. it fits.

playassassins1
09-07-2012, 01:11 PM
nooo, oh god no.

This, this a 1000 times. Dubstep ruined AC trailers!

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 01:23 PM
They have to make different trailers to tailor all audiences. If you don't like it, hit the mute button :p

NOLA_Assassin
09-07-2012, 01:26 PM
I would also like to say that I think the trailer song was unexpectedly awesome, like Genesis by Justice in that AC II trailer.

playassassins1
09-07-2012, 01:27 PM
They have to make different trailers to tailor all audiences. If you don't like it, hit the mute button :p

Okay:(

kudos17
09-07-2012, 01:57 PM
What an odd choice of song... not bad, but unexpected.

Better than dubstep >.>

:p

Dejan507
09-07-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah didn't like the music too..
I guess I actually kind of lost all excitement for AC3 after the fifth or so trailer.. I feel it's too much..
Don't go telling me don't watch them or something, just my opinion thats all.

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 01:59 PM
Hates, the lot of you!!!!!

:cool:

IceHot100
09-07-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't watch them :D..haha just joking..

I know the feeling, man and i agree with you. They should have released some of those trailers later! like in mid october or late sepember...

killzab
09-07-2012, 02:20 PM
It's more like they show the exact same thing in every trailer .... absolutely nothing new and exciting to see

zerocooll21
09-07-2012, 02:22 PM
^ We saw better shots / close ups of Connor's face.

twenty_glyphs
09-07-2012, 02:37 PM

Well, in AC2 Rodrigo Borgia and Mario knew about a Prophet who would wield a Piece of Eden to open the Vault because of Alta´r's writings. Alta´r knew about the Prophet because of the Apple of Eden. It wouldn't be unheard of for the series to introduce some sort of prophecy derived from a Piece of Eden about Connor leading the people to freedom. I think it would be cool if the prophecy was actually about Connor leading humanity to freedom via what he leads Desmond to, rather than Connor leading America to freedom.

EscoBlades
09-07-2012, 02:50 PM
They don't use the whole song, just the "coming home" part. it fits.

My thoughts exactly :)

tarrero
09-07-2012, 02:58 PM
I dont like that music, but it was cool to watch new stuff.

WolfTemplar94
09-07-2012, 03:31 PM
Connor seems like a really cool character. He seems that he might end up getting screwed over though >.>

Umbra_Blade
09-07-2012, 03:38 PM
I think for the story trailer, instead of using dubstep (which is all well and good for some), they should use a track from the game. That way people get a feel for the type of music they will be hearing in the game. And what track would go better with AC3, than a soundtrack that was composed specifically for AC3?

LoyalACFan
09-07-2012, 03:57 PM
I think for the story trailer, instead of using dubstep (which is all well and good for some), they should use a track from the game. That way people get a feel for the type of music they will be hearing in the game. And what track would go better with AC3, than a soundtrack that was composed specifically for AC3?

This x 1000. I'm so freaking sick of dubstep trailers, not just for AC, but for EVERYTHING. And I want to hear more of Lorne Balfe's work.

Ielgon
09-07-2012, 04:01 PM
Well, in AC2 Rodrigo Borgia and Mario knew about a Prophet who would wield a Piece of Eden to open the Vault because of Alta´r's writings. Alta´r knew about the Prophet because of the Apple of Eden. It wouldn't be unheard of for the series to introduce some sort of prophecy derived from a Piece of Eden about Connor leading the people to freedom. I think it would be cool if the prophecy was actually about Connor leading humanity to freedom via what he leads Desmond to, rather than Connor leading America to freedom.

That's exactly why I felt that way: if everybody knew information from a piece of eden (or atleast a lot of the people involved with Connor and that they'd even publicly announce it) then Connor would quickly start being a sort of savior/prophet character which would just seem lame. It would turn into one of those situations where if Connor arrives somewhere then it would immediately turn into being all about him (Like: Connor is here, we're saved!). If only Connor himself and/or a couple of people knew it would be fine, but everybody knowing makes it lame (in my opinion of course).

Also the people saying it's two different lines mixed together are probably right. They do that a lot in trailers nowadays and it sort of sounds that way if you listen closely.

twenty_glyphs
09-07-2012, 04:16 PM
That's exactly why I felt that way: if everybody knew information from a piece of eden (or atleast a lot of the people involved with Connor and that they'd even publicly announce it) then Connor would quickly start being a sort of savior/prophet character which would just seem lame. It would turn into one of those situations where if Connor arrives somewhere then it would immediately turn into being all about him (Like: Connor is here, we're saved!). If only Connor himself and/or a couple of people knew it would be fine, but everybody knowing makes it lame (in my opinion of course).

Also the people saying it's two different lines mixed together are probably right. They do that a lot in trailers nowadays and it sort of sounds that way if you listen closely.

You have a good point about the potential lameness of Connor being viewed as a savior and the lines potentially being mixed together. The person destined to lead them to freedom could be George Washington. There's a legend about an Indian prophecy about Washington becoming the chief of nations. There's also a (almost certainly fabricated) myth about Washington seeing a vision of a beautiful woman who showed him a vision of trials the Republic would face while at Valley Forge in 1777 (sounds like a TWCB message). Some characters in the game may believe that Washington is destined to lead America to freedom because of some event like this.

http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?t=16064
http://www.ushistory.org/valleyforge/washington/vision.html

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 04:43 PM
There's also a (almost certainly fabricated) myth about Washington seeing a vision of a beautiful woman who showed him a vision of trials the Republic would face while at Valley Forge in 1777 (sounds like a TWCB message).

A message from Aphrodite perhaps?
I'm almost sure this has something to do with the apple he has in the game.

LightRey
09-07-2012, 05:03 PM
A message from Aphrodite perhaps?
I'm almost sure this has something to do with the apple he has in the game.
Well in AC she's more likely to be referred to as Venus, her Roman name, or Turan, her Etruskan name, as the same is done with the other TWCB "gods" (Minerva, Juno, Jupiter, Consus and possibly Fortuna, since Cesare seems to be referring to her as if she actually exists at the end of ACB, which makes sense considering his (over)confidence).

Oh, there is one exception, Hermes, the Greek version of Mercurius.

dewgel
09-07-2012, 06:15 PM
Those moaning about dubstep music etc and being concerned about the story trailer... remember, the story trailer's have never had dubstep. It's always gameplay ones etc.

The Story Trailer / Launch one usually has an orchestral track (often not made by Ubi or their team, but by a third party who do trailer music for allsorts)

By the way, notice the time on the commercial is 1770? Connor is an Assassin by this time and already meets George? Pretty neat!

De Filosoof
09-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Those moaning about dubstep music etc and being concerned about the story trailer... remember, the story trailer's have never had dubstep. It's always gameplay ones etc.

The Story Trailer / Launch one usually has an orchestral track (often not made by Ubi or their team, but by a third party who do trailer music for allsorts)

By the way, notice the time on the commercial is 1770? Connor is an Assassin by this time and already meets George? Pretty neat!

So he would be 15 years old in that trailer? No freakin' way.

HisSpiritLives
09-07-2012, 07:00 PM
Connor seems like a really cool character. He seems that he might end up getting screwed over though >.>

No way, he will change ,he wont be so naive as he looks in that period

LoyalACFan
09-07-2012, 08:24 PM
No way, he will change ,he wont be so naive as he looks in that period

Well, he's fighting to earn a place for the natives once the dust has settled after the war. In some way, he's gonna get screwed, since we all know that didn't happen. The colonists promised it would, but then turned around and broke that promise as soon as it became inconvenient.

LoyalACFan
09-07-2012, 08:25 PM
So he would be 15 years old in that trailer? No freakin' way.

I know, that's what I'm saying. Either the 1755 birth or the 1770 trailer date is wrong.

itsamea-mario
09-07-2012, 10:11 PM
Just because one part of the trailer is dated as 1770, doesn't mean every single scene in the trailer is.

LoyalACFan
09-08-2012, 12:09 AM
Just because one part of the trailer is dated as 1770, doesn't mean every single scene in the trailer is.

He looks the same age in every shot in that trailer. And he's not 15.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 02:12 AM
I don't really get the moaning about the trailer music. I just saw an article slamming the music choice, why the hell ? Its new and its different, I saw it as some sort of "return" for Assassins Creed. after the, not my opinion, lack luster performance of ACR. Assassins Creed is finally coming home, taking its rightful place in the series..

I'm glad they chose different music, its refreshing and it went well with the trailer, in my opinion..

I really don't get it

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 03:17 AM
I don't really get the moaning about the trailer music. I just saw an article slamming the music choice, why the hell ? Its new and its different, I saw it as some sort of "return" for Assassins Creed. after the, not my opinion, lack luster performance of ACR. Assassins Creed is finally coming home, taking its rightful place in the series..

I'm glad they chose different music, its refreshing and it went well with the trailer, in my opinion..

I really don't get it

What site?

Sickull
09-08-2012, 03:19 AM
I'm ok with the music as well they used the good parts of the song (Skylar Grey's parts) and it fit together well not every AC trailer has to have some indie rock song in it.

cmrggamer
09-08-2012, 04:23 AM
Like a lot of people have said, I think this music really fit the trailer (and I personally always liked Skylar Grey's part of the song) and I think it even has a sort of symbolic meaning. I mean, Connor doesn't really have a home after his village is burned to the ground and I feel Connor's battle is kind with finding where he belongs

I keep rewatching the trailer just to catch the glimpses of his face up-close!

dewgel
09-08-2012, 09:14 AM

It wasn't dating one part of the trailer, it was dating the events in the trailer.

1770 seems logical. The games supposed to span 30 years, we don't even know when Connor's born, we've seen the Frontier Demo which is from Sequence 8 in the game, set in 1776.

The Boston demo was set in "Summer 1773"

So you're telling me that you think Connor will look very different in 1770? He's not 15 in 1770. I'm telling you. He's also not 18 in 1773.

EDIT: The "Connor's Weapons" trailer dates him as joining the Assassin order in 1770. So why wouldn't it be normal for him to be meeting George Washington in 1770?

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 09:16 AM

I really don't get it

True ,and this video was comercial so i dont either find it unfiting

itsamea-mario
09-08-2012, 09:48 AM
It wasn't dating one part of the trailer, it was dating the events in the trailer.

1770 seems logical. The games supposed to span 30 years, we don't even know when Connor's born, we've seen the Frontier Demo which is from Sequence 8 in the game, set in 1776.

The Boston demo was set in "Summer 1773"

So you're telling me that you think Connor will look very different in 1770? He's not 15 in 1770. I'm telling you. He's also not 18 in 1773.

EDIT: The "Connor's Weapons" trailer dates him as joining the Assassin order in 1770. So why wouldn't it be normal for him to be meeting George Washington in 1770?

You know that for a fact do you? that every part of that trailer is in 1770? even all the battles and naval battles? Connor was made captain of the Aqulia the same year he joined the order?

dewgel
09-08-2012, 09:52 AM
You know that for a fact do you? that every part of that trailer is in 1770? even all the battles and naval battles? Connor was made captain of the Aqulia the same year he joined the order?

I see where you're coming from, but the point I'm raising is that alot of people claim in 1770 he's 15 and that in 1773 he's 18. No way

itsamea-mario
09-08-2012, 09:54 AM
I see where you're coming from, but the point I'm raising is that alot of people claim in 1770 he's 15 and that in 1773 he's 18. No way

There was very little visible change in ezio's face between 17 and about 30. then he grew a beard.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 09:58 AM
There was very little visible change in ezio's face between 17 and about 30. then he grew a beard.
Dat beard...

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Like a lot of people have said, I think this music really fit the trailer (and I personally always liked Skylar Grey's part of the song) and I think it even has a sort of symbolic meaning. I mean, Connor doesn't really have a home after his village is burned to the ground and I feel Connor's battle is kind with finding where he belongs

I keep rewatching the trailer just to catch the glimpses of his face up-close!

If Connor doesn't have a home, how can he be going there?

I can't help but get the feeling that the music was some subtle ploy to suggest that Assassin's Creed 3 is "coming home", to give off the message that AC3 is American and that Americans should buy it.

That might just be me being silly, but that reason is what puts me off the music.

dewgel
09-08-2012, 10:00 AM

You kidding? Apart from the beard, you can see wrinkles form on his forehead etc. Remember, AC2's facial graphics were fairly poor. In Brotherhood they done a good job on the faces.

If you play AC2 start to finish you can definitely tell he ages.

ProletariatPleb
09-08-2012, 10:01 AM
That was because they didn't bother with it so much, also AC2 graphics were meh.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:02 AM

I can't help but get the feeling that the music was some subtle ploy to suggest that Assassin's Creed 3 is "coming home", to give off the message that AC3 is American and that Americans should buy it.

That might just be me being silly, but that reason is what puts me off the music.
Oh no..

dewgel
09-08-2012, 10:05 AM
Oh no..

I was just about to put that.

It's a TV Spot. It's got no hidden meaning. It doesn't change how the game will play. If you don't like it don't watch it.

Perhaps Connor runs away at one point when his village is burnt down, and in 1770 when he joins the Assassin order, he's "coming home", back to the Frontier etc?

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 10:09 AM

Cuz Ubisoft's in North America?

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:11 AM
I was just about to put that.

It's a TV Spot. It's got no hidden meaning. It doesn't change how the game will play. If you don't like it don't watch it.

Perhaps Connor runs away at one point when his village is burnt down, and in 1770 when he joins the Assassin order, he's "coming home", back to the Frontier etc?

I wouldn't mention it solely to stir trouble up, but it did give off an odd vibe to me.

I mean, half of the video was directed more of shots to do with the Continental's plight, and when Connor was shown, he just so happened to be brought forth to George Washington, who we all know is a widely patriotic figure to Americans.

Adding in the obligatory action pieces would have been fine, but then add a song that's chorus is "I'm coming home", despite Connor only allying with the Continentals when their goals coincide, then what are people supposed to take from the trailer's music?

Cuz Ubisoft's in North America?

Ubisoft is in Canada, they shouldn't need to make the United States look glamourous.

Legendz54
09-08-2012, 10:12 AM

Your being a little too suspicious, it most likely refers to the assassins creed series "Coming home" or "coming back" with this new awesome sequel, it gave off a good feeling for me.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:13 AM
I wouldn't mention it solely to stir trouble up, but it did give off an odd vibe to me.

I mean, half of the video was directed more of shots to do with the Continental's plight, and when Connor was shown, he just so happened to be brought forth to George Washington, who we all know is a widely patriotic figure to Americans.

Adding in the obligatory action pieces would have been fine, but then add a song that's chorus is "I'm coming home", despite Connor only allying with the Continentals when their goals coincide, then what are people supposed to take from the trailer's music?
You`re Paranoid..

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:20 AM
You`re Paranoid..

Care to prove me wrong with something other than a two word insult? Because while I know it's probably me thinking too hard into it, you of all people should start to be a bit more respectful.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:21 AM
Care to prove me wrong with something other than a two word insult? Because while I know it's probably me thinking too hard into it, you of all people should start to be a bit more respectful.
Paranoid is an insult ?

Legendz54
09-08-2012, 10:22 AM
"Grabs popcorn"

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Paranoid is an insult ?

Considering you're questioning my sanity, and yet I'm replying with more than adequate conduct, I suppose it is.

dewgel
09-08-2012, 10:29 AM
Paranoid is an insult ?

He does have a point buddy. Even though I do agree with you on the topic of him being paranoid, you could've elaborated a bit more on it and not made it sound as dry and blunt.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:30 AM
Considering you're questioning my sanity, and yet I'm replying with more than adequate conduct, I suppose it is.
So I just googled "Define Paranoid" and I got this....

baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

So a guy gets to call most guys here "close minded" gets nothing, and Paranoid is an insult because I said it..

makes sense.. carry on

For the record, I had no intention of insulting, if I did, I`d have had far better utilities than "Paranoid"

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:36 AM
So I just googled "Define Paranoid" and I got this....

When Ubisoft has to keep going back and forth with the message they're supposed to express, then yeah, people lose trust in what they have to say.

And quite frankly, I'm kind of tired of whatever excuse you try to sugar-coat your crappy attitude with. It's not alright to be a **** to others and think you can get away with it because you've been here for a while.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet, considering how disrespectful you talk to everyone.

POP1Fan
09-08-2012, 10:38 AM
It's just a bad song. I don't think there is more to it.

dewgel
09-08-2012, 10:39 AM
When Ubisoft has to keep going back and forth with the message they're supposed to express, then yeah, people lose trust in what they have to say.

And quite frankly, I'm kind of tired of whatever excuse you try to sugar-coat your crappy attitude with. It's not alright to be a **** to others and think you can get away with it because you've been here for a while.

I'm surprised you haven't been banned yet, considering how disrespectful you talk to everyone.

I think both of you could probably do with just leaving this and forgetting about it.

Saracchio, the devs (Gabe mostly) have confirmed that Ubisoft's marketing team are very mistaken and misleading with the trailers this year. The message he wants to push and the message they want to push are two different things.

It's not their decision, it's simply the decision of the marketing team who may be looking at the wider audience. However, don't worry. The game will be great. No doubts.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:40 AM

Yes, let it all out..

Maybe you should form a little alliance called "We are against Assassin_M.... BAN HIM" and make a thread about me too.. but im tired of this..you can think im disrespectful all you want.. but you taking this against me makes you look like a Hypocrite, because there was, and still is, A LOT more crap going on.. Im not disrespectful just because you think so.. Yes you`re Paranoid and anyone else who thinks as you is Paranoid too..

Im done here..

Paranoid.. my god

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
I think both of you could probably do with just leaving this and forgetting about it.

Saracchio, the devs (Gabe mostly) have confirmed that Ubisoft's marketing team are very mistaken and misleading with the trailers this year. The message he wants to push and the message they want to push are two different things.

It's not their decision, it's simply the decision of the marketing team who may be looking at the wider audience. However, don't worry. The game will be great. No doubts.

I don't doubt the game will be great, it's just that I don't see the point in Ubisoft kissing America's ***. They never showed any special treatment to Italy or Syria, so why this now?

It just reeks of money-grubbing.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 10:44 AM
I don't doubt the game will be great, it's just that I don't see the point in Ubisoft kissing America's ***. They never showed any special treatment to Italy or Syria, so why this now?

It just reeks of money-grubbing.
Really ? Just the trailers that greatly talked of Italian minds, how they revolutionized Science and art, the beautiful Italian cities and how bad men are corrupting its pureness.. also there wasnt much of sides in Italy.. everyone was Italian... Just like here everyone is British

Serrachio
09-08-2012, 10:48 AM
Really ? Just the trailers that greatly talked of Italian minds, how they revolutionized Science and art, the beautiful Italian cities and how bad men are corrupting its pureness.. also there wasnt much of sides in Italy.. everyone was Italian... Just like here everyone is British

That's because the Renaissance was a period in history where science and art were revolutionized. But when it comes to the American Revolution, it seems like the game's aiming to show a neutral stand of the events, but the marketing team haven't learned their lesson that going all "America **** yeah!" is rather dumb.

Locopells
09-08-2012, 11:32 AM
OK, guys - enough. Cool it before this thread gets locked.

Serrachio - I'm with you over the choice of music. I don't think, given the previous direction to the marketing that it's an unreasonable fear.

However dewgel is right - many people have commented on the divide between the devs and the marketing people, and it's nothing new. Sure, it's irritating if they seem to be falling back into old habits after the AnvilNext trailer, but this was for US TV after all and itĺs not worth getting bothered about at this stage. Hopefully the game will be better, as they say, and we can put all this s**t behind us.

M - if you're truly done, don't jump back in again (I've been guilty of that in the past myself, and it never ends well). PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but you have been in quite a few arguments lately...

Legendz54
09-08-2012, 12:07 PM
OK, guys - enough. Cool it before this thread gets locked.

Serrachio - I'm with you over the choice of music. I don't think, given the previous direction to the marketing that it's an unreasonable fear.

However dewgel is right - many people have commented on the divide between the devs and the marketing people, and it's nothing new. Sure, it's irritating if they seem to be falling back into old habits after the AnvilNext trailer, but this was for US TV after all and it’s not worth getting bothered about at this stage. Hopefully the game will be better, as they say, and we can put all this s**t behind us.

M - if you're truly done, don't jump back in again (I've been guilty of that in the past myself, and it never ends well). PLEASE don't take this the wrong way, but you have been in quite a few arguments lately...

You forgot to put me and my popcorn in there (PG 20):(

RatonhnhakeFan
09-08-2012, 12:10 PM
Did I miss the party? :o

dewgel
09-08-2012, 12:12 PM
I like men.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-08-2012, 12:18 PM
I like men.But do men like you?

Locopells
09-08-2012, 12:47 PM
You forgot to put me and my popcorn in there (PG 20)http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/frown.png

http://www.chrisbauermusic.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/popcorn.jpg

Did I miss the party? :o

Yep!

Seriously though, we should stay on topic, threads get closed quite quickly these days.

NOLA_Assassin
09-08-2012, 01:02 PM
I think it's important to remember it's for an American football game between Dallas and, especially, New York. The latter appears in the game.

Serrachio and M: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!, kiss kiss kiss

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 01:05 PM
I think it's important to remember it's for an American football game between Dallas and, especially, New York. The latter appears in the game.

Serrachio and M: FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!, kiss kiss kiss
Nah Im done..

I know this is off-topic, but since I did this publicly, I have to Apologize Publicly.. I Apologize Serrachio, I respect you too much to leave this open like this.. It was not my intention to insult you..

pacmanate
09-08-2012, 02:05 PM
THE MUSIC SUCKS.

Close thread.

Slayer_WTF
09-08-2012, 02:09 PM
THE MUSIC SUCKS.

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110625131860/icarly/images/e/e0/0001st50.gif

kudos17
09-08-2012, 02:59 PM

Ubisoft is in Canada, they shouldn't need to make the United States look glamourous.

Here, I'll communicate with you in ways other than calling you paranoid and being generally passive-aggressive...

Basically, this is how I see it. That trailer is supposed to be aired during NFL, right? That's HUGE for American fans. I'd assume the marketing team wants to go the "America rah rah" route again with that one to pick up as many people's interest as possible. That's really all there is to it.

De Filosoof
09-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Here, I'll communicate with you in ways other than calling you paranoid and being generally passive-aggressive...

Basically, this is how I see it. That trailer is supposed to be aired during NFL, right? That's HUGE for American fans. I'd assume the marketing team wants to go the "America rah rah" route again with that one to pick up as many people's interest as possible. That's really all there is to it.

Indeed. They want close-minded people to buy their game too because there's a huge chunk of those people.

Clever marketing.

Assassin_M
09-08-2012, 03:07 PM

Hmm So I`ll just take a moment to look at this...

Everyone was calming down the situation between 2 respected and known members like respectable people should..

You, however; decide to rub your nose and stir crap... It just makes you look like a Kid.. Especially since I apologized earlier..

Umbra_Blade
09-08-2012, 03:20 PM
Developers and marketers want two separate things. Developers want to make a game that is fun and interesting and basically a game they would want to play.
The marketing team want to make money, they want to advertise the game as a game that is perfect for the viewer, that is their sole purpose. They aren't bothered about stepping on toes of other audiences that the trailer is not intended for.
As has been stated before, this was broadcasted in the USA, therefore they will try and make the game look pro-USA, making people who have never played the game think "cool, I get to play alongside the founding fathers, kickin' ***", They want people in the US to buy the game, they don't do this by showing the colonists in a bad light in any shape or form, as you don't insult a potential consumer if you want their cash.

Other countries don't have this advert as it is not tailored to them. But we as avid fans of the series, know that the game is in fact impartial to either side, so this kind of stuff shouldn't really be a big deal. If you want to see a trailer that reflects the game as it is, wait for an international one. They tend to be more truthful to the game, as they are less discriminate (the Anvil Next trailer is a perfect example).

tarrero
09-08-2012, 03:26 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_XmemkGfDw

PARANOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Though I understand the marketing reasons behind the music of the trailer, and embrace it I just dont like hip/hop and sort of.........

dewgel
09-08-2012, 03:30 PM
I know there's been a bit going on in this thread and it's now been sorted, so I'm going to re-post this, as my theory if there ever is a hidden meaning behind the song.

Perhaps the meaning behind Coming Home is simply that Connor is essentially, coming home. His village was burnt down as a young child, yes? So what's not to say he ran away and went off the grid and that he joined the Assassin's in 1770, and then he's "coming home" back in 1770. If I was right in saying that George Washington meets Connor in 1770, then that can make sense.

Just a hunch.

PS. Kudos and respect to Assassin_M for standing down and apologising. There's no need for anyone to make anymore tongue-in-cheek remarks about it, he's done the bigger thing by letting it go and for not hiding in a personal message.

EDIT: And by tongue-in-cheek posts, I was referring to stupid memes and stupid embedded videos like above me..:nonchalance:

De Filosoof
09-08-2012, 03:35 PM
[video=youtube;t_XmemkGfDw]

Though I understand the marketing reasons behind the music of the trailer, I just dont like hip/hop and sort of.........

Well personally i don't even consider this music to be hiphop because one of the main pillars of real hiphop is the message it's trying to spread.
This "commerciflop" (as i like to call it) playing in the background is yet another hint that this commercial is made for the (ignorant) masses.

Now this is real hiphop:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOINSUWOqyo&amp;feature=related

SixKeys
09-08-2012, 03:45 PM
Well personally i don't even consider this music to be hiphop because one of the main pillars of real hiphop is the message it's trying to spread.
This "commerciflop" (as i like to call it) playing in the background is yet another hint that this commercial is made for the (ignorant) masses.

Ahh, I love the smell of musical snobbery in the morning.

De Filosoof
09-08-2012, 03:48 PM
Ahh, I love the smell of musical snobbery in the morning.

:o

Vidic has some sick rap skills too. Did you already know?
|
|
\/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2NETSIzFr8

kudos17
09-08-2012, 03:53 PM
Hmm So I`ll just take a moment to look at this...

Everyone was calming down the situation between 2 respected and known members like respectable people should..

You, however; decide to rub your nose and stir crap... It just makes you look like a Kid.. Especially since I apologized earlier..

You do the exact same thing, man. Just look at some of your posts. You don't flat-out argue with people, but you subtly do, hence the passive-aggressive comment.

Hell, look at your own sig... "Also... PARANOID... I just insulted you". You're taking a very recent argument and making it your own personal joke. I'm not the only one stirring crap here.

EscoBlades
09-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Can everyone just lighten up and enjoy the tv spot please? Thanks.

cmrggamer
09-08-2012, 04:19 PM
I'm so sorry that my comment started such an argument, I guess I should have explained myself more. I guess I was just thinking about the other trailers where Connor would talk about how torn he is, being an outsider, and I kind of just took it as his village, his "home" was burned down and lost--but I like dewgel's post about maybe he comes back, after joining the assassin order.

Again, I'm very sorry.

ProletariatPleb
09-08-2012, 04:21 PM
Can everyone just lighten up and enjoy the tv spot please? Thanks.
You..
What have you done?!?!

Seriously tho, this has been stretched enough, watch the spot, comment about it, stop the rage.

andreja110s
09-08-2012, 04:31 PM
Now I can finally take a closer look at his face :D

SixKeys
09-08-2012, 04:49 PM
I don't normally like hiphop, but I think the music fits in this trailer. It's better than the dubstep mixes in the ACR trailers at least. (Not because I have anything against dubstep, they just weren't as well edited to the music.)

De Filosoof
09-08-2012, 04:55 PM
You..
What have you done?!?!

Seriously tho, this has been stretched enough, watch the spot, comment about it, stop the rage.

Is there a rage? I enjoyed the trailer and i just analyse what i see.
I'm just trying to make sense why they made a trailer like this.
I don't blame them for anything, i actually think it's a pretty clever way to make a trailer in a marketing's perspective.
It's pretty positive actually because they can possibly open people's minds by letting them play a game they wouldn't buy if they knew the true story of the game.

So yeah, it's actually a good thing :).

dewgel
09-08-2012, 06:03 PM
I don't like the song normally, but in the context it's in, I like it. It really got me hyped and it suits the beat of the trailer etc really well.

Same as the the Brotherhood Launch Trailer, that song I hated but in the trailer it was really catchy.

Locopells
09-08-2012, 06:35 PM
I just keep going round humming this now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TY-hN8x0s

iNJW
09-08-2012, 08:46 PM
I just keep going round humming this now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2TY-hN8x0s
This ^

Black_Widow9
09-08-2012, 09:58 PM
Before any more Off Topic discussion comes about...
Taking a Topic into your own hands to harass each other can be considered flaming and trolling, both of which are not allowed on the Forums and will get you banned whether you start it or participate in it. If you cannot post respectfully or constructively to each other I suggest you take a break and don't respond. The forum Reporting function is there for a reason so please use it. I would also like to note that abusing it when nothing is actually wrong is not ok either.

PLEASE STAY ON TOPIC

pacmanate
09-08-2012, 10:49 PM
Apparently "Home" is Desmond in Italian... Or the other way around, I am tired..

SixKeys
09-08-2012, 10:56 PM
Apparently "Home" is Desmond in Italian... Or the other way around, I am tired..

Where did you hear that? The only translations I can find for "home" in Italian are "casa", "abitazione" and "domestico".

pacmanate
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Where did you hear that? The only translations I can find for "home" in Italian are "casa", "abitazione" and "domestico".

Yeah okay that wasn't true at all. I saw someone write that on youtube but youtube is full of n00bs obviously. Oh well Domestico Violencio!

Slayer_WTF
09-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Desmond > Home > Casa? lolwut?

HisSpiritLives
09-08-2012, 11:26 PM

Yeah that really sounds strange and funny in some way lol

Locopells
09-09-2012, 12:31 AM
Yeah okay that wasn't true at all. I saw someone write that on youtube but youtube is full of n00bs obviously. Oh well Domestico Violencio!

Welcome to the internet...

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 12:35 AM
I'm coming home.

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 12:42 AM
The trailer would have been soooooo much more better if they played the "No Church in the wild" instrumental instead of the track they actually used.....
See for yourselves. Watch the TV Spot but, mute the vid and play the song I suggested over it in a new tab.

No Chruch in the Wild - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SY2TEbbN1FE

TV Spot - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLENTk3IYXc

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 12:48 AM
Woah, it is TV advert. Tv- where most of the people are "normal" and listen to everything current. Personally i think the trailer music is great, i like that they didn't put any dubstep or some metal/rock, or some emo style crap, this song individually in youtube itself is popular for a reason....

AllThatJuice
09-09-2012, 12:54 AM
You do realise the song i suggested features Kanye West and Jay Z right?......If theyre not classed as "current" then I dont know what is.

playassassins1
09-09-2012, 12:55 AM
Woah, it is TV advert. Tv- where most of the people are "normal" and listen to everything current. Personally i think the trailer music is great, i like that they didn't put any dubstep or some metal/rock, or some emo style crap, this song individually in youtube itself is popular for a reason....

Exactly, at least we didn't get Dubstep.... Now that's what I call bad choice of music... Dubstep....