PDA

View Full Version : I am not expecting ANYTHING from Desmond's story (old spoilers)

killzab
09-05-2012, 01:30 PM
I have been so incredibly disappointed by Desmond's story development in Revelations that I just choose to ignore him in AC3 up until I play the game. And even when I actually play it, I don't wanna get excited about how the story unfolds.

To me, the whole story about Lucy killed everything about the present time plot. Her character and her relationship with Desmond's been built up for three full games and she just gets offed like that ... Barely any mention of her in Revelations, and her backstory and shoehorned betrayal is revealed in a piece-of-crap expensive DLC.

Half of Desmond's character disappeared with Lucy, seeing how she was almost the only character he got to interact with.

I was always expecting Desmond to become a bad *** assassin since the whole point of AC2 was to train him. And i was really excited to see him using modern equipment with a white Nolan's Batman-like outfit and kicking ***. But I also feel we won't get any of that .... he'll remain the hoodless, not bad *** character he's been for too long ...

I want you to know I am a fan of the series, and I've been playing it since the day AC1 came out. But the spin-offs have hurt the overall present-time narrative to me.

ProletariatPleb
09-05-2012, 01:35 PM
The secret to being surprised is in not expecting anything. Seriously tho, I agree with you, I don't care as much about Desmond anymore. I'm just interested in the historical part now.

Legendz54
09-05-2012, 01:41 PM
I agree with you on Lucy, but i haven't lost hope in Desmond just yet.

tarrero
09-05-2012, 02:11 PM
I understand you. however from what I have seen at least therically. He may have finally met all the expectations.....

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 03:15 PM
I agree with you on Lucy, but i haven't lost hope in Desmond just yet.

This.

KH_Austin
09-05-2012, 03:33 PM
Come on, we all know Desmond will play a larger role in the game than in the previous games. Think about it: When we first met him, we couldn't do much except for walking around, checking e-mails, and talking to Warren and Lucy. After we broke out, we could do much more as brawling with Templar henchmen, running, and later on killing some Templar butts! Also while at the Villa, we climbed through the caves to open the Assassin HQ; and finally get to climb the Collssumo to get to the Temple. But that all changed, no thanks to Juno, we were inside the animus and the only way to get out is to get to an synch nexus which we did. I think there was an report about Desmond being part of an much larger and longer role during the events of Assassin's Creed 3, so I'm looking forward to that.

POP1Fan
09-05-2012, 03:44 PM
I have no problem with Lucy being killed. She was the worst character in the series. Now they might actually focus on Desmond and not the relationship between him and Mrs Bland.
PS: The Lost Archive was awesome.

rileypoole1234
09-05-2012, 04:24 PM
You'll be surprised. This, I know.

ACfan443
09-05-2012, 05:25 PM
I agree with the Lucy part, how their relationship was being built up over 3 games, then out of nowhere, she's killed. I was shocked at her death, but later didn't care because she became too obnoxious. She was polite in AC1, then in AC2 she was all "do this Desmond, get over here Desmond, shut the **** up Desmond" I was like 'b****, who do you think you're talking to?'
Ahem, back on topic, I think Desmond's story will be great and I'm fully excited for his role in the game.

brefcourte
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM
if you have zero character, it will remain at zero, even if somebody takes away half of your character

dewgel
09-05-2012, 06:49 PM
Hutchinson has said MANY times and acknowledged that we've been building Desmond up, and he got all these skills in each game (Free Running & Combat in AC2, How to Lead a Brotherhood in ACB and his past connections and the Apple of Eden in Revelations / End of Brotherhood)

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 07:20 PM
Until now im really enjoying the plot.
I just hope that we will be able to interact more with rebecca and shawn, i really liked them.
Rebecca is a pro in computers, and Shawn he's more like a tactic leader, i dont remember well what he said in AC2 but its something like that.
Now imagine, Desmond+Rebecca+Shawn=Epic stealth scenes....im just assuming but its pretty cool.

I DONT trust Desmond's father...

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 07:26 PM
I DONT trust Desmond's father...

I think he's clean. A bit of an arse, but with good intentions.

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 07:29 PM

The thing is...he knows stuff..
How?
He's he allied with Abstergo or what?
I dont know, i might just be missing something... there is to much stuff in this game, too much information.
This franchise is HUUUGE!

LightRey
09-05-2012, 07:31 PM
Same here. Don't really see why he wouldn't be trustworthy. He's the (acting) grandmaster of the order after all.

How?
I dont know, i might just be missing something... there is to much stuff in this game, too much information.
He's the leader of a global secret organization that spies on and kills people...

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 07:36 PM
He's the leader of a global secret organization that spies on and kills people...

I know. But the way he talks about Desmond to Shawn...
The way he talks..
And Desmond have been missing, why dont we hear a "Dad phrase", like "i missed him so much" or "i though id never see him again"
He is just focused on the temple and whats in there, he is well informed about TWCB.
And he says like, "Desmond is they key, we need to protect him JUST to get into the temple"
Do you understand what i mean?

LightRey
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
I know. But the way he talks about Desmond to Shawn...
The way he talks..
And Desmond have been missing, why dont we hear a "Dad phrase", like "i missed him so much" or "i though id never see him again"
He is just focused on the temple and whats in there, he is well informed about TWCB.
And he says like, "Desmond is they key, we need to protect him JUST to get into the temple"
Do you understand what i mean?
Well for one he was a distant father and very rigid. That's clear from everything he says in ACR (both in Desmond's memories as well as the conversations you hear in between sequences) and what's said about him (mainly by Shaun).
Just because he's not a very emotional guy doesn't mean he's a Templar.

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 07:43 PM
Just because he's not a very emotional guy doesn't mean he's a Templar.

Not a Templar, but an assassin with bad methods.
I compare him a bit like Nikolai Orelov...

LightRey
09-05-2012, 07:48 PM
Not a Templar, but an assassin with bad methods.
I compare him a bit like Nikolai Orelov...
I doubt they'd put a corrupt or generally "bad" Assassin at the head of the order. It's quite clear he's a very good Assassin, just a little cold. However, he's shown to be quite kind when he needs to be, like in the mails he sent to Lucy (oh, the irony).

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I doubt they'd put a corrupt or generally "bad" Assassin at the head of the order. It's quite clear he's a very good Assassin, just a little cold. However, he's shown to be quite kind when he needs to be, like in the mails he sent to Lucy (oh, the irony).

Maybe your right.

Lucy->Kind->Bad Guy
Bill->Cold->Good Guy...or BAD GUY!

dewgel
09-05-2012, 07:52 PM
I think my only worries about William were when he was commenting on the Apple, and how everyone was getting a bit shifty about they way he obsessed over it, but other than that, he's a good guy. They've put a bit of mystery on him because, although it was painfully obvious, I don't think it was official that he was revealed to be his dad until Revelations.

And the reason why Desmond wasn't so excited to see him or William didn't say I miss you etc, we only caught a 5 second glimpse of Desmond waking up after Rev lol

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
How?

Well, he had Clay infiltrate the company twice. Seems logical that he had spies elsewhere.

r4inm4n1991
09-05-2012, 08:12 PM
Well, he had Clay infiltrate the company twice. Seems logical that he had spies elsewhere.

Yeah, he just killed Clay and abandonned Lucy, nothing special really. (My opinion, there might have facts in game that prove otherwise)

LoyalACFan
09-05-2012, 08:41 PM
Yeah, he just killed Clay and abandonned Lucy, nothing special really. (My opinion, there might have facts in game that prove otherwise)

Um... wut? What possible evidence is there that William had any part in Clay's death?