PDA

View Full Version : The Akashic Satellite Plexus, the Akashic Record, and the Sixth Sense

twenty_glyphs
09-04-2012, 11:26 PM
The Abstergo multiplayer files in Revelations revealed the existence of Abstergo's Akashic Satellite Plexus and how the Eye-Abstergo satellite with an Apple of Eden would be the cornerstone of the satellite network. Looking at the AC Initiates site, whenever the map data is loading the page will say "A.S.P. Data Synchronization In Progress...", giving the impression that we're viewing the map data through Abstergo's hacked satellite network. The description of the Abstergo campus also says that the A.S.P.'s scramblers are preventing standard satellite imagery from showing the campus, which confuses the issue somewhat. Nevertheless, the name of the satellite network seems to have been purposefully chosen.

Akasha is a word that means "aether" (also known as "ether"), which refers to the material above the terrestrial sphere. The aether Wikipedia page says in Greek mythology it was imagined as the pure essence where the gods lived and breathed, like the air that mortals breathe.

Looking at Wikpedia some more, there are some cross-references to something called the "Akashic Records". Looking at a couple of web pages talking about the Akashic Records reveals interesting descriptions:

The Akashic Records are an energetic imprint of every thought, action, emotion, and experience that has ever occurred in time and space. The Akashic Records can also be understood as the imprint of all experiences of all lifetime in all realities. They are an etheric, holographic repository of information for human consciousness for the past, present and potentials for the future.

The Akashic Records contain all past, present, and future possibilities through the vibrations of compassion and joy. They are like the DNA of the universe.

The Akashic Record is a dimension of consciousness that contains a vibrational record of every soul and its journey.

That sounds like an excellent explanation for Eagle Vision, Eagle Sense, and perhaps what a fully awakened Sixth Sense might be. Ezio's Eagle Sense might have seen the vibrations left behind by Alta´r in Masyaf, letting him see the "ghost" visions in Revelations. It would also explain how Ezio could see the paths that guards had taken and likely would take. If TWCB's Sixth Sense gave them constant access to this extra dimension, it's no wonder they would know so much about not only the past and present, but also about future possibilities. It would also explain this dimension, or ether, being like air for the gods.

The Akashic Record could also be what a quote from The Fall #2 is referring to when Daniel Cross and Nikolai Orelov see a vision of the past and future: "Don't you see? The memories exist at all times and in all places at once. We can access them, but to build an accurate timeline... I don't think it's possible." That quote has always intrigued me.

I think this name is very interesting and intriguing. The very name of the satellite network seems to hint that Abstergo's own satellite network will play a role in awakening the Sixth Sense in humans. Even that raises the question, why would a group intent on control want to awaken such unprecedented access to knowledge in humanity? Is it only meant to help unlock the ability in select people, but still keep most of humanity locked away from the Sixth Sense?

References:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akasha
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aether_(classical_element)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Akashic_records
http://www.akashicstudies.com/akashic.html
http://www.akashictransformations.net/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=64

SixKeys
09-04-2012, 11:36 PM
Nice finds, very interesting indeed.

dxsxhxcx
09-04-2012, 11:57 PM
I think this name is very interesting and intriguing. The very name of the satellite network seems to hint that Abstergo's own satellite network will play a role in awakening the Sixth Sense in humans. Even that raises the question, why would a group intent on control want to awaken such unprecedented access to knowledge in humanity? Is it only meant to help unlock the ability in select people, but still keep most of humanity locked away from the Sixth Sense?

if I'm not wrong Vidic implies in one of the multiplayer videos that they plan to awake the sixth sense in people, I don't remember which one now...

De Filosoof
09-05-2012, 12:00 AM
if I'm not wrong Vidic implies in one of the multiplayer videos that they plan to awake the sixth sense in people, I don't remember which one now...

That doesn't make any sense.

Is this their way of creating a grey area between the templars and assassins?
That would be a very unlogical way to "achieve" that.

People with an unlocked sixth sense (knowledge) would immediately turn against their philosophy.

by the way, very interesting find twenty_glyphs !!!

zerocooll21
09-05-2012, 02:22 AM
Man, good stuff bud!!

Ork3n
09-05-2012, 03:44 AM
Maybe the Satelite will use the PoE's sixth sense (yes, i suppose PoE's also have information about past, present and future which in this theory is the sixth sense) to see the whole world past and future.

Not sure if you understand what i mean.

kudos17
09-05-2012, 03:57 AM
Crap, you even sited references and everything. Fantastic post.

And very intriguing. I definitely think you're on to something... Fits with the pseudo-science theme behind some AC aspects. I wonder...

alientraveller
09-05-2012, 03:00 PM
By any chance, did you see a post I made in a discussion of those two pages in The Fall? I similarly speculated Eagle Sense is the ability to perceive time in a nonlinear fashion: it would explain Ezio's vision of his family in Bonfire of the Vanities and Altair seeing shapes of his past when retaking Masyaf. When I first looked into the name of the satellites, I just assumed 'aether' meant the sky.

What are the Templars up to...

rileypoole1234
09-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Hey that's a good read. Bravo, chap. I'm not sure if we'll ever get an explanation for Eagle sense other than what we already know, but if we were to have one I could definitely see that being it.

EDIT: alientraveller I like that idea also. That also makes sense based on how we've seen it used. There would also need to be an explanation for being able to see good, evil, neutral, and targets though. I think a mixture of these two theories could be an actual explanation. One of many...

LightRey
09-05-2012, 06:58 PM
To be honest, rather than an explanation for something like Eagle Vision, I think it's far more likely it's referring to the nature of the satellite system as well, giving it a relevant symbolic name.