PDA

View Full Version : Little help, please

TugZooey
02-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I've had the game since release and have lurked on these forums for quite some time. I took an 8 mos. or so vacation from game and am trying to get back into it. Here goes...

How do I change from manual to automatic pitch? Especially in the 109s. I looked under controls, and can use manual in other aircraft, but not in the 109s.

I fly offline exclusively and wanted to do a little online fighting. I was amazed at how much more difficult live pilots are to AI (I can't fathom how difficult it would be in RL!). I have maybe 3 downed planes total and well over 100 defeats.

Great to have such a good community out there.

TugZooey
02-17-2004, 01:52 PM
I've had the game since release and have lurked on these forums for quite some time. I took an 8 mos. or so vacation from game and am trying to get back into it. Here goes...

How do I change from manual to automatic pitch? Especially in the 109s. I looked under controls, and can use manual in other aircraft, but not in the 109s.

I fly offline exclusively and wanted to do a little online fighting. I was amazed at how much more difficult live pilots are to AI (I can't fathom how difficult it would be in RL!). I have maybe 3 downed planes total and well over 100 defeats.

Great to have such a good community out there.

Der_Schnitter_t
02-17-2004, 01:57 PM
The 109s usually start out with Auto-Prop-Pitch control. You will have to press Shift+0 (default) to activate manual Prop-Pitch. Press it again to revert to automatic.

http://hometown.aol.de/Deathbrng/262sig.jpg

TugZooey
02-17-2004, 02:06 PM
Thanks, Der Schnitter, I'm on my way tonight. Hopefully see some of you out there (going to hone in on some prop skills first).

bodaw
02-17-2004, 02:15 PM
Hello, just beware not to over rev. the motor or it'll be cooked in no time. Also, when you engage the boost, throttle should be under 100% (manual says at idle, but it works) or it'll be cooked also.If you closed the radiator flaps, remember to open or set to auto (default) when it gets hot or it'll be cooked.I'm getting hungry, good luck.

Infol
02-17-2004, 03:16 PM
after I'll get some practice in the single player game I will be flying with other people in multiplayer

the begining is always hard so i suspect my *** will be strongly beaten :-)

"Never before in human conflict history so many owe so much to so few."

mr Winston Churchill
autumn 1940r about RAF's Polish Pilots