PDA

View Full Version : Assassin creed non lethal options and more

TheNatural2012
09-02-2012, 07:14 PM
i thought i'd throw it out there. i'd like the option to be a stone cold killer but i also like that more calculating just knock the guy out. In the last game you really couldn't knock a guy out very quickly or quietly the option to choose between the to would be cool also i like the idea the guy won't be knocked out for long or its random on how much qucker he will get up or something. Also this game could use alot more customizable options it could really go a long way im talking everything from the outfits to the weapon would be really cool not just colors but like designs and stuff even on weapons as well and being able to take your charter online would go over very well with the players just add some monks in the crowd mix lol. i know this games coming out in a october but if i had to wait a few more months for a game thats gonna be alot better i wouldn't mined.

r4inm4n1991
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Sorry, I CANT WAIT ANYMOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

TheNatural2012
09-02-2012, 07:24 PM
Lol i figured i'd be the only one.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 07:26 PM
I think i'll do a "non-lethal" playthrough after finishing the game :).
It's a really nice option indeed.

jzsnyder
09-02-2012, 07:34 PM
I think i'll do a "non-lethal" playthrough after finishing the game :).
It's a really nice option indeed.

With the exception of assassination targets, right? It's hard to be gandhi in a game with "Assassin" in its title.

AnthonyA85
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
I'll only do non-lethal take-downs when the Full Synch requirements say i can't kill anyone. Otherwise, i'll just leave a trail of corpses a mile long :p

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 07:56 PM
With the exception of assassination targets, right? It's hard to be gandhi in a game with "Assassin" in its title.

Ofcourse :).

albertwesker22
09-02-2012, 09:02 PM
I really like the non lethal option...I like that it actually was an option in Brotherhood(sort of) You could knock a guy out if you hit him while undetected...it was not really that practical though since it alerted everyone in sight..Still I'd like to think Ezio would not just kill a gaurd when avoidable. So whenever a lone gaurd was in my path, I would just knock him out.

SixKeys
09-03-2012, 03:53 AM
I really like the non lethal option...I like that it actually was an option in Brotherhood(sort of) You could knock a guy out if you hit him while undetected...it was not really that practical though since it alerted everyone in sight..Still I'd like to think Ezio would not just kill a gaurd when avoidable. So whenever a lone gaurd was in my path, I would just knock him out.

It wasn't so much knocking out as Ezio grabbing the guy's head and breaking his neck, though...

albertwesker22
09-03-2012, 11:13 AM
It wasn't so much knocking out as Ezio grabbing the guy's head and breaking his neck, though...

I don't know...sometimes I got lucky and stomped a gaurds face into the ground. They would atleast have a chance then, but you can also wait till they turn to face you and strike just before you alert him.

HisSpiritLives
09-03-2012, 04:34 PM

That was very brutal knock out lol

freddie_1897
09-03-2012, 04:40 PM
am i the only one who wants someone to make connors robes an armour mod for skyrim and add his tomahawk?

pacmanate
09-03-2012, 05:43 PM
am i the only one who wants someone to make connors robes an armour mod for skyrim and add his tomahawk?

I think someone did that for his tomohawk ages ago back in March with the reveal and everything, it looked pretty cool, youtube?

Also Alex said you can go through the whole game without killing anyone but your targets. It is a nice feature, but would get SO boring.

LoyalACFan
09-03-2012, 10:00 PM
It is a nice feature, but would get SO boring.

This. Unless the unarmed combat is just hellaciously awesome, I'm pretty sure I would tire of just knocking people out.

Aphex_Tim
09-03-2012, 11:14 PM

In Revelations there was also the Counter Grab as a non lethal move. You basically just pick your enemy up and throw him on the ground! (Lonely Island style).
But there was only one animation for that so it got boring real fast.

albertwesker22
09-05-2012, 11:09 PM
I think someone did that for his tomohawk ages ago back in March with the reveal and everything, it looked pretty cool, youtube?

Also Alex said you can go through the whole game without killing anyone but your targets. It is a nice feature, but would get SO boring.

Well I agree that a fully non lethal playthrough would be boring. I like the feeling of being an Assassin who slaughters anyone in his way...get the job done no matter what. At the same time though, there are times when I felt really bad when I had to kill certain gaurds. Like there is a mission in AC 2 where a gaurd says "I can't wait to go home to Elaina and tell her how much gold we made tonight" I didn't want to kill this gaurd. Or in ACB where you have to chase a gaurd and assassinate him to get the keys to some treasure, he only had those keys because another gaurd made him an offer that was hard to refuse. I wish I had non lethal options for these times.

Ork3n
09-05-2012, 11:33 PM

Why do you think it's boring? Do you think it's boring to sneak? Batman and The Amazing Spiderman sneaking is everything but boring. In Ac1, sneaking the targets is also everything but boring. What's the difference to sneak with hidden blade or sneak with fists?

Remember, take your blade away from innocent ppl... and Guards are nothing else then marionettes of the bigger fish, our targets.

deskp
09-06-2012, 02:32 AM
I don't believe that u can go through the game only killing the targets.

so far it looks like your non lethal option is just stay away from guards alltogether.

the fist options we have seen so far looks pretty brutal.

SixKeys
09-06-2012, 04:30 AM
I don't believe that u can go through the game only killing the targets.

so far it looks like your non lethal option is just stay away from guards alltogether.

the fist options we have seen so far looks pretty brutal.

We saw Connor knock out a guard with a sleeper hold in the Boston demo, that was okay. The part where he smashes the other guard's head against the wooden beam is an environmental kill. If he hadn't been standing next to an object like that, it wouldn't have been so brutal.

LoyalACFan
09-06-2012, 05:37 AM
We saw Connor knock out a guard with a sleeper hold in the Boston demo, that was okay. The part where he smashes the other guard's head against the wooden beam is an environmental kill. If he hadn't been standing next to an object like that, it wouldn't have been so brutal.

He actually slams his jaw down on a pitchfork :p But I think that's basically the same type of kill as the bench assassinations, like you said.