PDA

View Full Version : CVG Preview: Assassin's Creed 3- Exclusive new multiplayer details revealed

anik_lc
09-02-2012, 03:21 PM
More conspiracy, new modes, plus bottle kills

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/365663/previews/assassins-creed-3-exclusive-new-multiplayer-details-revealed/

dewgel
09-02-2012, 03:27 PM
Interesting :)

Serrachio
09-02-2012, 05:11 PM
No real info then, just that they'll add more content through the year, which basically relates to the team they're assigning for post launch content.

lothario-da-be
09-02-2012, 07:42 PM
No real info then, just that they'll add more content through the year, which basically relates to the team they're assigning for post launch content.
the question is for free or not?

Serrachio
09-02-2012, 08:31 PM
the question is for free or not?

Probably not. I'd expect Ubisoft would want money for their work, but I wouldn't complain if they chucked us a free map or mode here and there. ;)

morpheusPrime08
09-02-2012, 09:09 PM
"Every month you'll have new challenges to unlock new content that will continue the storyline throughout the year."

I'm thinking tid bits of files and info not DLC so ........Free;) Guess we will have start playing Multi more in order to get a broader scope of the story, nice.

connor_bg
09-02-2012, 10:35 PM
"Every month you'll have new challenges to unlock new content that will continue the storyline throughout the year."

I'm thinking tid bits of files and info not DLC so ........Free;) Guess we will have start playing Multi more in order to get a broader scope of the story, nice.

I just hope they'll make the servers tie the players into sessions faster than previous, i hate that i can't enjoy that game as much as others do, cause i live in Bulgaria, and ubi's servers have a lot restrictions here, like no access to the game's dlc-s, no-mic sessions nat connection, the game's low popularity here make the servers redirect me to distant playing ground causing me some horrible lag mostly, and to find session takes about 10-15 minutes, 8 minutes play... So yeah, it pretty much sucks, and no available editions other than regular one for copy of the game.

Serrachio
09-03-2012, 02:10 AM
I just hope they'll make the servers tie the players into sessions faster than previous, i hate that i can't enjoy that game as much as others do, cause i live in Bulgaria, and ubi's servers have a lot restrictions here, like no access to the game's dlc-s, no-mic sessions nat connection, the game's low popularity here make the servers redirect me to distant playing ground causing me some horrible lag mostly, and to find session takes about 10-15 minutes, 8 minutes play... So yeah, it pretty much sucks, and no available editions other than regular one for copy of the game.

Making the servers connect you to games quicker isn't going to change the lag. It'll just make sessions with it more frequent, because the game will put you in distant matches faster.

SixKeys
09-03-2012, 03:44 AM
In AC3, you play as a member of the public. Abstergo have turned the Animus into a commercial product, which sells the dream of 'reliving the past in HD'.

I think they're mixing up AC3 with Liberation here. Unless they've dismissed the multiplayer story portion of ACR and gone for a different approach in AC3. In ACR you were clearly playing as a Templar, not just a random unsuspecting member of the public. In the end your character was told by Vidic to go and kill William Miles. Have they ditched that subplot entirely? Who was the character we were playing as? Will he really be the one going after William in AC3? How come we are suddenly leaving that character now and playing as a member of the public instead?

Not sure how to feel about content being unlocked throughout the year by completing monthly challenges. If all the glitches, lag and server problems from ACR have been fixed, then it could work, but I have my doubts. Hell, with ACR the servers were down so often that it was often impossible to properly access the game for weeks. I hate the idea of having to miss portions of the story because the game is literally unplayable.

roostersrule2
09-03-2012, 07:15 AM
I think they're mixing up AC3 with Liberation here. Unless they've dismissed the multiplayer story portion of ACR and gone for a different approach in AC3. In ACR you were clearly playing as a Templar, not just a random unsuspecting member of the public. In the end your character was told by Vidic to go and kill William Miles. Have they ditched that subplot entirely? Who was the character we were playing as? Will he really be the one going after William in AC3? How come we are suddenly leaving that character now and playing as a member of the public instead?

Not sure how to feel about content being unlocked throughout the year by completing monthly challenges. If all the glitches, lag and server problems from ACR have been fixed, then it could work, but I have my doubts. Hell, with ACR the servers were down so often that it was often impossible to properly access the game for weeks. I hate the idea of having to miss portions of the story because the game is literally unplayable.I think he will be in AC3 but in the actual SP story.