PDA

View Full Version : AC3 length discussion

FirestarLuva
09-02-2012, 01:01 PM
Okay, so I've seen many people on Youtube complain about the length of the game, saying it's too short. Well, AC2 was over 20 hours of gameplay and AC3 being 30, do you guys think it'll be enough? And what I've been wandering about is, is it 30 hours main storyline only, or the whole game itself?

roostersrule2
09-02-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm not worried Alex keeps saying it's the biggest Assassins Creed yet and I trust him and considering it's longer then AC2 and will have more side missions then ACB it will be enough.

Assassin_M
09-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Here is my Message to anyone who complains
"Ubi, you spoiled us rotten"

Also, a warning to anyone who talks about the achievements here... No talking about it here..

dex3108BL
09-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Well for me it was about 14 hours to finish AC2 story only. So i expect about 20 hours minimum to finish AC3 story only. But than i have played AC2, ACB and ACR each over 30 hours in SP part + time spent in MP :D

HisSpiritLives
09-02-2012, 01:30 PM
Okay, so I've seen many people on Youtube complain about the length of the game, saying it's too short. Well, AC2 was over 20 hours of gameplay and AC3 being 30, do you guys think it'll be enough? And what I've been wandering about is, is it 30 hours main storyline only, or the whole game itself?

When they said 30 hours they tought on main story.

dewgel
09-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Here is my Message to anyone who complains
"Ubi, you spoiled us rotten"

Also, a warning to anyone who talks about the achievements here... No talking about it here..

I'm gunna throw this one in here, even though I PROBABLY shouldn't, these people on YouTube are simply stating the number of sequences in the list isn't as high as AC2 was. That's not to say they're shorter, it's simply saying there's one or 2 less?

Oh, and they're not taking into account the amount of Des related ones.. remember Hutch said overall game length / story will be 30 hours. We've got more Desmond than ever before, add it up.

We're getting almost as much Connor time as we did Ezio in AC2, and a heck of a lot more Desmond time than we've ever had before (And there was a fair bit in AC2)

Umbra_Blade
09-02-2012, 02:22 PM
I'm gunna throw this one in here, even though I PROBABLY shouldn't, these people on YouTube are simply stating the number of sequences in the list isn't as high as AC2 was. That's not to say they're shorter, it's simply saying there's one or 2 less?

Oh, and they're not taking into account the amount of Des related ones.. remember Hutch said overall game length / story will be 30 hours. We've got more Desmond than ever before, add it up.

We're getting almost as much Connor time as we did Ezio in AC2, and a heck of a lot more Desmond time than we've ever had before (And there was a fair bit in AC2)

Actually we do have the same amount animus time as AC2, as I remember there were two sequences that were put back in as DLC, sequences 12 and 13 if I remember correctly. Anyway, I am probably going to spend MANY hours on it regardless of story length (although a long story would be nice), as in all other games I could spend hours at a time running around picking up items, hunting down treasure and just randomly killing guards for the lulz, without ever having to do either a story mission or side quest. This game, I feel, will be no different :p. My advice to people is instead of worrying about when the story is going to end, enjoy it while it is still going. "Those who obsess over the future, forget to enjoy the present."

pacmanate
09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
We have roughly the same sequences as AC2. Take that as you will.

Besides numbers don't mean anything. Just say for instance AC2 had 12 sequences, and AC3 had 12 sequnces, but AC2 is 20 hours story and AC3 is 30 hours. The sequence number means nothing. If anything, these sequences in AC3 need to be LONG. If we are spanning over 30 years of Connors life then I don't want him to be 20 and then 1 hours of gameplay later pushing 30's.

LoyalACFan
09-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Guys... No talk of the achievements. Even indirectly. The mods will not appreciate.

That said, I'm not worried at all about the length. I'll probably kill several hours just roaming around the wilderness. Even then, there are tons of side activities to do (Templar agents, clubs to join, presumably Assassin recruits, naval missions, and hunting) outside of the main story. I figure I'm going to burn at least 40 hours on my first play-through, if the story length is comparable to AC2.

AdrianJacek
09-02-2012, 06:56 PM
Geez, will it never end? How about "Quality Discussion"? AC Revelations was ******* amazing and only 4 hours shorter than AC2 and ACB. I love it and I don't care it was slightly shorter.
Quality>quantity. Just look at Action 52.

kriegerdesgottes
09-02-2012, 07:00 PM
I just replayed ACII yesterday and just the story missions at that and I can now definitely say that over 30 hours is just fine. Usually when they say a certain amount of time they tend to include all side missions and everything that the player could possibly do to make it sound longer but they have assured us it's longer than ACII so I'm sure it'll be fine.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Geez, will it never end? How about "Quality Discussion"? AC Revelations was ******* amazing and only 4 hours shorter than AC2 and ACB. I love it and I don't care it was slightly shorter.

Quality>quantity. Just look at Action 52.

Well, "quality>quantity" obviously wasn't the case in ACR.

kriegerdesgottes
09-02-2012, 07:08 PM

Agreed.

HisSpiritLives
09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Guys... No talk of the achievements. Even indirectly. The mods will not appreciate.

That said, I'm not worried at all about the length. I'll probably kill several hours just roaming around the wilderness. Even then, there are tons of side activities to do (Templar agents, clubs to join, presumably Assassin recruits, naval missions, and hunting) outside of the main story. I figure I'm going to burn at least 40 hours on my first play-through, if the story length is comparable to AC2.

And a lot of things we will do and we dont know anything about them.

AdrianJacek
09-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Yes it was.

LightRey
09-02-2012, 07:18 PM
Let's not start badmouthing games based on one's own opinions.

Requiscent
09-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Fortunately for me, I tend to really explore as much as I can with these kinds of games. I'm also a perfectionist, I'll do everything that I possibly can before finishing the main story up.

De Filosoof
09-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Let's not start badmouthing games based on one's own opinions.

Well, there are also some facts. The rushed Desmond missions and the story inconsistancies (Ahmet "kidnapping" his nephew) for example.

lothario-da-be
09-02-2012, 07:44 PM
If the story is 20 houers I'am happy but 30 would me excellent.

LightRey
09-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Well, there are also some facts. The rushed Desmond missions and the story inconsistancies (Ahmet "kidnapping" his nephew) for example.
he never kidnapped him and there are plenty of inconsistencies in previous games. To call the Desmond missions "rushed" is not a fact, but an opinion.

dewgel
09-02-2012, 08:16 PM
I really don't get this story length thing. Assassin's Creed is an open world experience. How can anyone put a time to it? I can understand if you're referring to time taken from putting disc in, pressing start, ONLY doing the story and nothing else but there's so much more than that.

AdrianJacek
09-03-2012, 07:35 AM
he never kidnapped him and there are plenty of inconsistencies in previous games. To call the Desmond missions "rushed" is not a fact, but an opinion.
People don't even know the meaning of the word "rushed". Just because someone wanted something that is not in the game doesn't mean it's rushed. It's rushed when there are many game breaking glitches, missing textures, bad frame rate or some sound effects are missing. Bonfire of the Vanities was rushed. The GOTY edition of AC2 was not.
Besides, hasn't anyone heard of crunch time? The crunch of Uncharted 2 was 6 months. 6 MONTHS! That would mean that U2 was one of the most rushed games ever.