PDA

View Full Version : How many ways will Connor interact with children?/Will they age?

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 05:36 PM
As most of you know, there'll be children in AC3, and unfortunately you won't be able to kill them.(Please don't take this seriously)

But, I was wondering, after reading through the 'snowman' thread, in what other ways will Connor interact with them?*

I'm guessing he'll utilise them for blending purposes, but it'll look weird seeing a grown man in a hood, equipped with a full arsenal of weaponry trying to hide amongst 3 foot minors. So enlighten me :)

(another question: will the children age/change through time? It'd be strange seeing children we encounter looking exactly the same 30 years on)

notafanboy
08-31-2012, 05:39 PM
press B/O to "interact" with children...

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Age ? No..

That is just ridiculously funny xD

There are hundreds of NPCs, you`d really spot out a kid and say "Hey I know him from 30 years ago" ? Pfff Probably not...
You wont notice it anyways...

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 05:55 PM
Maybe they'll take the place of the minstrels/beggars. It would be kinda funny having some kids with toy swords/tomahawks run up and start fanboying out over Connor XD Although I always used to kill the minstrels... That might create an issue.

GunnarGunderson
08-31-2012, 06:04 PM
As most of you know, there'll be children in AC3, and unfortunately you won't be able to kill them.

But, I was wondering, after reading through the 'snowman' thread, in what other ways will Connor interact with them?*

I'm guessing he'll utilise them for blending purposes, but it'll look weird seeing a grown man in a hood, equipped with a full arsenal of weaponry trying to hide amongst 3 foot minors. So enlighten me :)

(another question: will the children age/change through time? It'd be strange seeing children we encounter looking exactly the same 30 years on)

Why is it unfortunate that you can't kill children? I'm not meaning to start a big moral debate but why would anyone want to kill children in a game? (unless they're arrogant little [REDACTED] like the ones in Skyrim who seem to be fully aware that you can't kill them)

DarkSolitude-X
08-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Why is it unfortunate that you can't kill children? I'm not meaning to start a big moral debate but why would anyone want to kill children in a game?

A perfect templar agent. j/k

kriegerdesgottes
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Why is it unfortunate that you can't kill children? I'm not meaning to start a big moral debate but why would anyone want to kill children in a game? (unless they're arrogant little [REDACTED] like the ones in Skyrim who seem to be fully aware that you can't kill them)

I thought the same thing. I don't see anything good or exciting about killing children even if they are little arrogant ones. Let's face it, we were all little arrogant spoiled brats at one point in our lives :P. That's the point of life. Is to learn NOT to be that way lol.

deskp
08-31-2012, 06:13 PM
They will not age, there just random npcs, youre not really meant to see the same person twice. but obviously you will see the same cahractehr models over and over.

Notstory related people in the ac games are just there for crowd and flavor.

Please remove any talk of the killiong of kids in the game or this thread is gonna go a bad place and get closed.

A better question would be, will there be teens/ youth. added kids are obviously a step up from all adults, but it creates a lack of other ages (heights)

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 06:17 PM
A better question would be, will there be teens/ youth. added kids are obviously a step up from all adults, but it creates a lack of other ages (heights)

Well, it appears Connor himself will be a teen for a good portion of the game.

DarkSolitude-X
08-31-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, it appears Connor himself will be a teen for a good portion of the game.

maybe two sequences. I think the vast majority of the game Connor will be an adult.

ProletariatPleb
08-31-2012, 06:50 PM
Well Assassin's Creed is supposed to be morally grey, don't make the "Connor did not kill civilians" and it will truly reflect that :P

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 06:54 PM
Age ? No..

That is just ridiculously funny xD

There are hundreds of NPCs, you`d really spot out a kid and say "Hey I know him from 30 years ago" ? Pfff Probably not...
You wont notice it anyways...

A lot of the NPCs looked very similar in the AC games, I suppose ageing is a bit ridiculous, but changing their appearance is not, it'd be more realistic than some eternally youthful kids.

deskp
08-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Well Assassin's Creed is supposed to be morally grey, don't make the "Connor did not kill civilians" and it will truly reflect that :P

Instead of desynching it would be much better if he just couldnt kill civilians after the first 2 or whatever the number is. desyncing is so anoying, simply taking away the option to kill anymore civilians seems much better..

I think you shoulds till be able to kill 2 before that happens tho. even if it's kindof moraly wrong and not what Connor would do. Added interaction with the crown is nice. Them not jsut being scenery

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 07:00 PM
On the note of killing children, I'm not a sadist, or a child abuser. It just annoys me how children in video games are immortal, they just stand there like "hit me as much as you want, doesn't affect me biatch" it's just stupid and unrealistic. I really don't see a difference in killing adults or children in video games. They're not real.

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 07:05 PM
On the note of killing children, I'm not a sadist, or a child abuser. It just annoys me how children in video games are immortal, they just stand there like "hit me as much as you want, doesn't affect me biatch" it's just stupid and unrealistic. I really don't see a difference in killing adults or children in video games. They're not real.
So were the British..But I suppose people didn't fire up now, right ? Its about maturity, really.. The Video gaming community in general is not mature enough to handle such responsibility and Ubi doesn't want to risk their game being called "Child killer simulator" and hey be thankful you actually have children, ubisoft could`v easily ignored it and just continued without children..

MT4K
08-31-2012, 07:06 PM

The problem is the controversy it would attract. The last thing we need is the game getting slammed on the news as some kind of child killing simulator :S. Plus you would have those weird people who upload videos of themselves just slaughtering nothing but them.... Just not worth it.

Edit: wow M beat me to the child killing simulator line :D.

ProletariatPleb
08-31-2012, 07:07 PM
The problem is the controversy it would attract. The last thing we need is the game getting slammed on the news as some kind of child killing simulator :S. Plus you would have those weird people who upload videos of themselve sjust slaughtering nothing but them.... Just not worth it.

Skyrim has a child killing mod, lol.

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 07:08 PM

I am You and you are I..... we are ONE..... BRING ME YOW BRAINZZZZZZZZ

deskp
08-31-2012, 07:18 PM

The solution is to just have them run away.. not that we can usualy attack withouth a target in AC game anyways.

In "amazing spider man" when you hit the punch button on an civilian Spiderman waved at them instead of attacking. If you tried to hit a kid in AC3 Connor should just tell them to buzz of or soemthing.. maybe he could go...... "BO!!!!"

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 07:30 PM
So were the British..But I suppose people didn't fire up now, right ? Its about maturity, really.. The Video gaming community in general is not mature enough to handle such responsibility and Ubi doesn't want to risk their game being called "Child killer simulator" and hey be thankful you actually have children, ubisoft could`v easily ignored it and just continued without children..

That's because they glorified it so much, every trailer you'd see, there were redcoats being slaughtered left and right, they brought that on themselves.

Anyway, can we focus on the questions? Particularly the first one?

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 07:33 PM
That's because they glorified it so much, every trailer you'd see, there were redcoats being slaughtered left and right, they brought that on themselves.

I rest my case...

I don't know how Connor will interact to children... So I guess i`m outta here..

MT4K
08-31-2012, 07:36 PM

I don't think anybody knows at the moment, but if i was to just take a guess. I'd say maybe use them to distract guards or something.

notafanboy
08-31-2012, 07:43 PM
The solution is to just have them run away.. not that we can usualy attack withouth a target in AC game anyways.

In "amazing spider man" when you hit the punch button on an civilian Spiderman waved at them instead of attacking. If you tried to hit a kid in AC3 Connor should just tell them to buzz of or soemthing.. maybe he could go...... "BO!!!!"

i love this ideá, would be better than them just being immortal

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 07:51 PM
I rest my case...

I don't know how Connor will interact to children... So I guess i`m outta here..

You can rest your case all you want, the point I'm trying to make is, if you don't advertise something controversial so much, then it won't cause as much of a frenzy. But I'll just stop talking about killing children now.

pacmanate
08-31-2012, 07:57 PM
I like the Amazing Spider Man thing. Instead of beating the children, Connor could play with them. Alternatively, the attack button could just be blocked so to speak when in close proximity to a child.

SixKeys
08-31-2012, 08:19 PM

That would be perfect. Maybe depending on how the kids are acting towards you, Connor's reactions could change. If the kids were just playing and being happy, Connor could smile and wave at them. If they were being obnoxious, calling you names or throwing rocks, he could shoo them away.