PDA

View Full Version : AC III Developers number and budget

anik_lc
08-31-2012, 05:05 PM
Was it ever announced how many developers are involved in AC III and the budget of the production?

rileypoole1234
08-31-2012, 05:07 PM
I don't think officially, but both numbers are very large.

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 05:08 PM
I don't think officially, but both numbers are very large.
I think in the new Diary.. It was said around 700 Guys were working on AC III

lonewarrior30
08-31-2012, 05:12 PM

600 people for Ubi Montreal are working for AC3+the people in the other studios

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 05:14 PM
600 people for Ubi Montreal are working for AC3+the people in the other studios
So... About or a bit over 700 ? :p

Slayer_WTF
08-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Over 600 guys.

HisSpiritLives
08-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Was it ever announced how many developers are involved in AC III and the budget of the production?

They wont reveal what budget is, that is for sure,and i dont see a reason for that.

Chocoburger
08-31-2012, 05:34 PM
Really? The credits in Revelations took so long to run through (about 15 minutes) that I felt I had just seen 1,500 names. The credits in AC III must be around 25 minutes long since it's the largest dev team yet.

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Really? The credits in Revelations took so long to run through (about 15 minutes) that I felt I had just seen 1,500 names. The credits in AC III must be around 25 minutes long since it's the largest dev team yet.

Hopefully you can freaking skip them this time :nonchalance: I mean, I see why you'd want people to see your name after working on a project like this for over three years, but very few people actually sit through the credits anyway.

SteelCity999
08-31-2012, 06:03 PM

They include anyone and everyone though in the credits regardless of whether they contributed to the making of the game or not. Some are marketing or other admin people for Ubi in general.

MT4K
08-31-2012, 06:11 PM
Hopefully you can freaking skip them this time :nonchalance: I mean, I see why you'd want people to see your name after working on a project like this for over three years, but very few people actually sit through the credits anyway.

Probably won't be able to skip them, but it would be nice to be able to at least fast forward them :).

LoyalACFan
08-31-2012, 06:18 PM
Probably won't be able to skip them, but it would be nice to be able to at least fast forward them :).

Yeah, that would be fine, as long as you don't have to sit there forever waiting for the credits to be over.

MT4K
08-31-2012, 06:19 PM
Yeah, that would be fine, as long as you don't have to sit there forever waiting for the credits to be over.

They could always have something happen during the credits similar to the end of AC2 :D.

SixKeys
08-31-2012, 06:28 PM
I wouldn't mind sitting through the credits if there was something coming afterwards, like in AC1 when you could finally enter the conference room and read Alan Rikkin's e-mails. I know AC3 is the end of Desmond's story, but maybe there could be a small teaser of things to come, something relating to Abstergo or a hint about the next modern assassin, maybe.

lonewarrior30
08-31-2012, 06:29 PM
They could always have something happen during the credits similar to the end of AC2 :D.

epilogue missions? wink wink :P

Vex_Assassin
08-31-2012, 06:57 PM
It's over 9000!

anik_lc
08-31-2012, 07:14 PM

Hmm. Its reasonable. UBISOFT Montreal has 2100 developers in total. Now they are working on AC III, Far Cry 3, Watch Dogs, Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6: Patriots. Maybe there is a PoP title going as well!

Splinter Cell: Blacklist budget is $500 million. So I guess AC III could be 1 billion!!

Hopefully you can freaking skip them this time http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/nonchalance.png I mean, I see why you'd want people to see your name after working on a project like this for over three years, but very few people actually sit through the credits anyway.

LOL yeah. I didn't have much problem previously though. Jesper Kyd's music was EPIC. :D

lukaszep
08-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Where did you hear SC:Blacklist cost $500? There is no way that is true.
Reportedly, games like MW2 and Skyrim have "broken the $40 million barrier". Funding a game that would cost $500 million would risk an entire companies operations.

They would never want to make AC3's development cost public knowledge, but I would assume It's one of the highest to date in the entire industry. A lot of resources are going into it and the marketing has been huge.

As for numbers, it would be hard to guess right? A smaller team were working on it to begin with, and slowly it's grown and grown. Some peoples jobs on the game e.g. concept artists would have finished a while ago, some peoples jobs might only just be beginning (DLC work etc.)

slightly off topic: They should make an achievement to finish watching the credits. That would piss off the trophy hunters to no end, plus more people will watch the credits and appreciate the entire teams hard work :D

ACfan443
08-31-2012, 08:35 PM
slightly off topic: They should make an achievement to finish watching the credits. That would piss off the trophy hunters to no end, plus more people will watch the credits and appreciate the entire teams hard work :D

That's such a good idea! I'd more than happily watch all the credits for a trophy :P

AnthonyA85
08-31-2012, 08:48 PM
I like watching the credits, gives me a chance to listen to the music :)

And besides, this time we have an incentive to finish watching them, i won't say more than that, don't wanna get into trouble :p

Chocoburger
08-31-2012, 09:23 PM
Reportedly, games like MW2 and Skyrim have "broken the $40 million barrier". Funding a game that would cost $500 million would risk an entire companies operations.

They would never want to make AC3's development cost public knowledge, but I would assume It's one of the highest to date in the entire industry. A lot of resources are going into it and the marketing has been huge.

As for numbers, it would be hard to guess right? A smaller team were working on it to begin with, and slowly it's grown and grown. Some peoples jobs on the game e.g. concept artists would have finished a while ago, some peoples jobs might only just be beginning (DLC work etc.)

It says his location is from Bangladesh, so I'm guessing he either meant 50 million or he doesn't understand just the sheer amount of 500 million US dollars or Canadian dollars truly is. That's okay, I have no concept of what currency is like in Bangladesh, so it goes both ways.

It was rumored that the budget of Metal Gear Solid 4 was somewhere around 100~120 million USD. I'm certain that AC III costs somewhere around that range, but I have no idea if MGS 4's rumored budget considered marketing or not. Possibly yes.

lukaszep
08-31-2012, 09:27 PM
hmmm well AC2's budget (reportedly) was around $25 million usd, and AC1 $20 million. AC1 was developed for longer than AC3 has been and also included a new engine build.
Although, AC3 has used a lot more studios and has a huge marketing campaign... It's too hard to call, unless you're an industry expert.

roostersrule2
08-31-2012, 10:53 PM
Well the game with the highest DEVELOPMENT budget was GTA4 which was $100m however games like Halo 3 spend double that on marketing.

anik_lc
09-01-2012, 07:13 AM

LOL. I guess you didn't read the news back some months ago, when Blacklist wasn't announced:

Ubisoft to invest $500m in Splinter Cell studio

Publisher 'attempting to replicate Montreal success'

Ubisoft plans to invest $500m USD into its growing Toronto studio, in an attempt to replicate the success of its successful Montreal office.

The studio, founded in 2009 (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/346237/ubisoft-to-invest-500m-in-splinter-cell-studio/%20http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=222310) and headed by ex-Assassin's Creed producer Jade Raymond, is about to announce its first "triple-A" game (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=339294). Right now it has around 210 programmers and designers, but it intends to expand the team to more than 800 over the next ten years, reports Gamasutra (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/169641/Ubisoft_investing_505M_to_build_up_Toronto_studio_ .php).

The Ontario government is also backing the studio's development, with $263 million CAD ($266 million) promised over the course of ten years.

Ubisoft Toronto has a mandate to create Ubisoft's next big IP in the future, but boss Jade Raymond recently confirmed to CVG the studio's"100% focussed" on its new Splinter Cell game (http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=248188).
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/346237/ubisoft-to-invest-500m-in-splinter-cell-studio/

I guess its probably for establishing the UBISOFT Torronto studio and so on, not for Blacklist budget only.

But seeing how much hard UBISOFT Montreal is working behind AC III makes me believe it should be double than SCB.

It says his location is from Bangladesh, so I'm guessing he either meant 50 million or he doesn't understand just the sheer amount of 500 million US dollars or Canadian dollars truly is. That's okay, I have no concept of what currency is like in Bangladesh, so it goes both ways.

It was rumored that the budget of Metal Gear Solid 4 was somewhere around 100~120 million USD. I'm certain that AC III costs somewhere around that range, but I have no idea if MGS 4's rumored budget considered marketing or not. Possibly yes.

LOL. You have done quite research. But for your information, we have bad inflation in our country. 1 US Dollar is equivalent to 82 Bangladeshi currency, taka. :(

EscoBlades
09-01-2012, 09:01 AM
That investment is in the Toronto studio over a period of time, not the budget for Blacklist. Just saying.

Plus some of that is subsidised by the Canadian government to encourage the investment in Toronto in the first place.

I LOLed at the thought of Blacklist costing $500 million to make.

Mr_Shade
09-01-2012, 10:41 AM
500 million for blacklist. wow.. ;)

Tbh you shouldn't skip the credits on ACIII - you may miss names you recognise ;)

MT4K
09-01-2012, 10:52 AM
500 million for blacklist. wow.. ;)

Tbh you shouldn't skip the credits on ACIII - you may miss names you recognise ;)

Is this some kind of subtle hint that you might be listed in the credits Shade? :p.

Mr_Shade
09-01-2012, 10:56 AM
Nope... but in the last few ubisoft titles there's been some community names in there, GRFS comes to mind.. lol

Stroonzje
09-01-2012, 12:33 PM
i took a while the credits were going through in every ac game

Serrachio
09-01-2012, 12:36 PM

That's nice.

Not sure we needed to about your bowel activity when you complete a game though.

Assassin_M
09-01-2012, 01:51 PM
So Cute..

I could imagine myself right now, being someone who exerted a hard amount of work over 3 years and I say "YES, people will see my name in the credits" and then I see this guy...

Wow, man..... you just sent someone to a mental hospital for extreme Depression..

freddie_1897
09-01-2012, 01:53 PM
They include anyone and everyone though in the credits regardless of whether they contributed to the making of the game or not. Some are marketing or other admin people for Ubi in general.
i think at 14 minutes in we'd got to the developers grandmothers

anik_lc
09-01-2012, 03:00 PM

You DO know that it is the most satisfying thing in the world, right? :p

i think at 14 minutes in we'd got to the developers grandmothers

lol

lukaszep
09-01-2012, 07:07 PM
LOL. I guess you didn't read the news back some months ago, when Blacklist wasn't announced

LOL no I didn't and
LOL that's not the development cost of Blacklist and
LOL that's setting up an entirely new studio over numerous years as well as developing Blacklist and an unannounced second project

so LOL.