PDA

View Full Version : Assassinīs creed Revelations: Fake soundtrack disc???

andreja110s
08-31-2012, 01:39 PM
So yesterday I recived ACR special edition, installed the game and there were no problems with the singleplayer gameplay. Today I wanted to listen to the soundtrack, so I inserted the CD into the radio and it showed there were only 12 tracks??? The music was from ACR. So I inserted the disc in my laptop and I clicked Computer-DVD RW (X: ) and Open and there was the surprize- 12 tracks, each JUST 1KB big. But this is not the end. I played the tracks with Windows media player and in the middle was a picture of a clown and a name- EDGUY( a GERMAN POWER METAL BAND!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!) and the names of the soundtracks werenīt from ACR but from this band. WTF is this S***!!!

EDIT: Now that I have listened once again, I think there is/are some tracks from AC2...

SixKeys
08-31-2012, 08:28 PM
The so-called soundtrack that comes bundled with any edition of the game is not actually a soundtrack but a "best of AC" collection. It consist of only a few tracks from each game released up until now. If you want the actual ACR soundtrack, you have to buy it separately from iTunes or Amazon.com. False advertisement at its best.

The odd band/track name issue is probably just due to Windows Media Player not recognizing the album and using some internal logic to search for what it thinks is the most likely match in their library database. There should be nothing wrong with the CD itself.

andreja110s
09-01-2012, 10:24 AM
OK, the first part I understand, but the second part? I have never heard of this band, never played their songs and my Windows media player has never incountered this band. I donīt think it would show the name of something it hasnīt incountered...

Mr_Shade
09-03-2012, 03:05 PM
OK, the first part I understand, but the second part? I have never heard of this band, never played their songs and my Windows media player has never incountered this band. I donīt think it would show the name of something it hasnīt incountered...
sometimes the CD database - which windows media player uses to get track names, can error.. i'm taking it you were connected to the internet when you played the disc?

Windows media player - uses a data base of CD's based on track length and running time, sometimes it can confuse albums - so gets the wrong CD information.

That's why you see the wrong information.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Add-or-edit-media-information-in-Windows-Media-Player

MS have steps to correct this.