PDA

View Full Version : Open World..

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 12:06 PM
So first I`d like to thank Mr_Shade for locking the "GTA" thread:D

Now this thread, as shown from the title, is about the term "Open World" and although the terms may vary, its still the same. A genre of game that gives the player a Vast, Roam-able Virtual Universe. I wanna do some Brainstorming, so, In my opinion, the most complex form of Gaming is this one, the "Sand-box".

This thread will NOT name existing games, will not draw similarities, but rather sort of "create" the Perfect open World Concept, Now here, I want you guys to tell me what MAKES an Open world game. I want VAST posts, BIG chunks oof text describing how an Open world can be fun, realistic and ALIVE..

Now I understand this may draw some people away, because most guys do not tend to have long posts, but Im assertive, just pour all your thoughts on how a World can Be "Perfect" just imagine that you`re creating the first Open world game, imagine that no other open world game exists..

So.

ACPrincess
08-29-2012, 12:39 PM
A perfect Open World game for me would have;
Active civilians you know you can stop and have a chat with certain people find out about them maybe help them with a personal mission, getting to know them aswell would mean i've made an alie for future missions.
Getting on my horse and being able to ride to where ever i like.
Buying and selling things from shops.
Getting a house or a den and when i go to bed the game would save or in AC case come out of the Animus
Basically a perfect Oen World game for me would be one like Skyrim and i dont know how else to explain it :D

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 12:48 PM
I think AC is actually doing a pretty good job at open world games.
I don't want open world games to be too big, i really think quality is better than quantity so a nice dense, beautiful and varied area to explore.
I also like AC's idea about visiting cities in the past because i think the architecture was way more interesting back then.
The way they're going in AC3 with dense and "alive" crowds is also something that attracts me to an open world game.
The only thing that isn't present in those games that i would like to see in future games (although i know it would be a huge amount of work to implement in a game) is that we can go inside every house and building and look through every window, that would be awesome.

nightcobra
08-29-2012, 12:53 PM
the perfect open world game for me....my dreams of that game still need a few years for that kind of technology to enter mass production and cheaply accessible to the public.

- vast cities populated by npcs with a reasonable crowd a.i like in AC, hitman absolution, shenmue 1 and 2.
- a diverse and considerable amount of optional activities to choose from like sports, dancing, gambling and the like.
- a long, intricate and entertaining storyline filled with memorable characters.

oh and an engine that allows for seamless transition between underwater/ground/air/space environments:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 12:58 PM
oh and an engine that allows for seamless transition between underwater/ground/air/space environments:p
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7eREddMjt4

That's awesome!! Anybody heard about this technology before?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00gAbgBu8R4

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 01:02 PM

I did..

Made a thread about it last year..

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
I did..

Made a thread about it last year..

Nice! Can you give me a link to that thread?
I'd like to see a discussion about this because it looks very promising.

nightcobra
08-29-2012, 01:24 PM

here's a 40 minute interview;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVB1ayT6Fdc&feature=plcp

freddie_1897
08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
if they did something with the scope and size of just cause 2, and was as packed with stuff to do as san andreas was i think we'd have a perfect game

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 01:29 PM
here's a 40 minute interview;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVB1ayT6Fdc&feature=plcp

Yeah, i've seen that already but thanks anyway !! :D
I'd like to see a discussion about this because i don't get any wiser from those stupid youtube comments.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Here it is

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/572660-The-Future-of-AC-(New-Graphics-technology)-Forums

Not much discussion xD

rileypoole1234
08-29-2012, 04:37 PM
A perfect open world for me has to be alive. A certain game with a certain Serb has just the alive feeling I'm talking about. AC2's cities also felt like there was actual life in them. While Just Cause 2 is still awesome fun, and the world is varied and massive, it doesn't seem alive at all.

Ielgon
08-29-2012, 05:53 PM

Saw that a long time ago, haven't seen anything new about it since then. Has gone kinda dark I think, so I don't really see a future in it.

Back on topic:
-The perfect open world game for me wouldn't have to have a big world, but a very interactive world. A lot of life in it (animals, people, insects, anything), that can all be interacted with in a rather realistic way.
-The player character should react to everything, weather should influence the way things look and how the character acts and moves. Objects in the environment have to be able to be knocked over, picked up, used, etc.
-The graphics would have to be amazing (especially the lighting) so you can stand somewhere and just admire the scene without it making you notice how lacking everything actually is. Adding to this is that I would want it all to be smooth. I know that's a big wish but open world games have always had framerate issues except on powerful PC's, the game should just be super well (even impossibly) optimized tor everything to begin with so that it doesn't need much power.
-There should be a lot to do and also include a system that generates smaller simple tasks endlessly.
-Most important of all: the player should be able to do anything they want, but with consequences.
-I wouldn't mind where it's set aslong as it's not another simple gray city with lots of windows on the buildings.

I realise we don't have the technology to do all this yet in the way I envision it, but we're getting close with numerous games incorporating some if not all of those elements in some form. Maybe next gen (AC4, I'm looking at you! XD).

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
Saw that a long time ago, haven't seen anything new about it since then. Has gone kinda dark I think, so I don't really see a future in it.

Just because itīs gone dark?
I think we will hear a lot about it in the future.

projectpat06
08-29-2012, 08:14 PM
First off, sorry M but I'm going to to refer to past games for examples to give everyone a better visual of my ideas.

So, we can all agree that what makes a game incredible and especially an open world game is its ability to immerse the player in a false sense of virtual reality be it fantastical or realistic, but what exactly are the elements of immersion at play in these great open world games? Most gamers would agree a large world, where he or she can spend hours upon hours exploring and still come across undiscovered terrain is ideal. Just Cause 2's map was enormous, and I still haven't seen everything. The nice thing about it was that I was generally seeing a new location every time I was playing which keeps the exploration fresh. To me, Skyrim may be the best open world game to date. The map was huge, the underground world was huge, and the dungeons were vast and breathtaking at times. But it isn't just size that matters (which is why Just Cause 2 fell flat for), it's performance (that's what she said).

By performance, I mean being able to interact with the environment. The ability to to interact with people, animals, monsters, machines, vehicles, aircraft, etc. The more interaction the better. Many times, such as with Bethesda's case, their open world RPG sacrifices some awesome combat seen in other open world games like Assassin's creed or Red Dead Redemption. Think about it. If Fallout 3 had the 3rd person cover and shooting mechanics of Red Dead but kept all the other rpg elements of talking to people, doing hundreds of side missions, buying and upgrading property, and a rewarding economic system, it could have been more incredible than it already is. It also needed more of the cinematic element and cutscenes to keep things exciting which is something skyrim lacked but had still improved on.

But going to back to interaction, I liked how in Skyrim you could just walk into a tavern, talk to people, request a song, buy a room, sit down and relax. It made everything seem real like I was really sitting in a Viking mead hall. Red Dead also did this well giving the player the ability to walk into a saloon, buy drinks, play poker or blackjack, and start bar fights, but it was still limited in that the player couldn't talk to many of the people in the bars or build too many relationships in the town so after a while it got old and boring.

The third element to immersion is the story which basically defines your character. It's the main thing to keep the player driven giving him or her purpose, but in order to be good in an open world game, it must utilize the atmosphere surrounding the character in the best way to keep him or her immersed. Story combined with gameplay in an awesome environment can make any player feel like a badass. Arkham City and Assassin's Creed both do an excellent job with this. The only problem is once the main story is up, the immersion and entertainment begins to fall flat. So take AC2 or any of it's sequels, the player completes all the missions and now the only interaction with the people of the city is killing random guards or talking to shop owners. There's not that many random interactions and you can't commune with any of the nonstory characters. There's really nothing else to work for or interact with which doesn't necessarily make this a bad game, it just gets boring after it's all done. Same thing happened in Arkham city and in Red Dead. There were collectibles but that was about it. This is where skyrim shined. There is so much to do after the main story is done, and I can constantly uprade and change my inventory to tailor to my characters needs. You can literally just change everything up and play the world differently.

So anyways, with all this rambling and I'm sure there are tons of errors and mistakes, I think the best open world game would be one with the huge gorgeous world of Skyrim, Just Cause, or Red Dead where the player can interact with everything with tons of side content to keep him or immersed after the main story is up combined with the action or combat mechanics of Assassins creed, Arkham City, or some third person shooter with an intriguing story to keep the player on the edge if his or her feet.

EDIT: And out of all honesty, I feel that AC3, although it may not have the depth of interactions with people and little side stuff to do inside buildings, it will be the new bar-setting game that is just that much closer to the perfect open world

Ielgon
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Just because itīs gone dark?
I think we will hear a lot about it in the future.

It looks amazing, but I think I saw that video for the first time about 2 to 3 years ago when I was really looking around at game engines and how they work. Don't you think that if they really had such amazing technology completely running or were getting it read to run they'd have put out some more things about it by now? Also when I click on the site it takes me to something that doesn't even sound like what they were trying to do at the time of that video, kind of looks like they put their efforts into something else somehow (even though the screenshots are taken from that video)?

If anybody could provide me with a link to their forums or somewhere where there was recently something posted about it, then please do!

projectpat06
08-29-2012, 09:32 PM
And my idea for an open world game is this....

There have been a fair share of post apocalyptic games, but I think there is still room for improvement to make an awesome game. After the world has supposedly ended, the bombs have dropped, and the nations have ceased to exist, several hundred years later a new form of a nation has evolved (you could say similar to the one of the hunger games but not quite). The playable world will be in this Nation or country made up of districts (possibly 5 large ones) each unique from one another in terms of appearance and society. One district will be on the coast and expanding out to small towns out along the sea, one will be in the mountains and caverns, another will be the struggling to survive and deranged population in the barren wasteland left by atomic bombs (this could be the original capital before the end of the world) with canyons and mutilated creatures and such, another in a vast forest, and the last Metro district where the new capital is.

I want to make a game that blends retro with modern since they will be starting over. There will be a combination of horses to ride, cars/ atvs to drive, boats to drive, and even aircraft to fly. As the player progresses in the story and world, he or she starts to uncover more technology that has been mostly occupied by the existing government. The will be a blend of melee weapons with a fighting style similar to AC3 and projectile weapons in a 3rd person shooter and cover system similar to red dead or uncharted but also allowing the feature that Metal Gear solid 4 had with 1st person toggle button. So basically I'm wanting to create a character as robust and dynamic of a 3rd person character as connor but in the future.

There will be rock climbing, tree climbing, building climbing, etc with the normal parkour moves. Your character can utilize melee combat, stealth, or shooting depending on the situation which will also differ depending on which district your in. You projectile weapons can include bows, revolvers, shotguns,machine guns, explosives, etc. Obviously out in the wilderness, you may take to riding horses more. In the wasteland, more of dunebuggie style cars. On the coast, various boats of both ancient and modern, etc But it's not limited to anything as you u can use one of the flying machines out in the wasteland or mountains after you've acquired one.

There will obviously be a universal economic system with a universal currency, but we will see different levels of the economy in each district and different ways how people come about acquiring money to feed themselves and their families. There would be a clock and calendar system just like Bethesda's and a dynamic weather system which would be tailored to each district. You can interact with anything and everything. You can hunt, help random strangers, build and upgrade you're property in each district, talk to anyone, develop a sexual relationship, have a pet, recruit companions or a posse even to help you out, take on hundreds of side missions, climb anything within reason (tall modern buildings may be stretching it), go inside certain buildings and interact with people there to buy supplies, drinks, play mini games, etc. The reason why I like a future setting after the end of the world is because the possibilities are endless and can blend both the old and new.

In terms of character, I like having a good solid character to base the story on so we're not able to just create whoever, but we can still customize how we want to play him or her. Mass Effect did this well giving us a default character for male and female, but we can customize the face if we want. I like skyrim's idea of level progression where you can upgrade you character's perks based how you play him or her. This could be broken down to projectile weapons, melee combat, climbing, speech, technological knowledge, etc. I also like having a moral system causing people to react to you differently as your reputation begins to spread. The inventory system won't be as tedious as Skyrim's, ME1's, or Fallout's. I want you to be able to carry on you only what is realistically possible with some give in terms of money, food, and health supplies of course. But the player should really only be able to carry a handgun type weapon, a long range weapon (bow, rifle, rpg) or shotgun, a melee weapon or two, and be able to substitute based on how they play the game.

I really like having different outfit pieces to customize your character as well. I also like Red Dead's system of having to earn the outfit but break it down into articles of clothing. Depending on how you are dressed, you receive different attributes to aid you in the world so there is a lot of play there. Overall, I like having a main scripted story that is fresh and unique like AC3 with strong voice behind the character (Nolan North is a good example or the lady who does Female Shepard) to make the player feel they really are this bad *** in this new open world.

I'll stop there, but I hope this is what you wanted M. If anyone wants to hear more of my ideas I would be happy to share. If Ubisoft or anyone else actually likes the idea, I would love to make this into a reality.

EDIT: Something I think would be cool if they could do it for next gen would be to allow the player to have a virtual ipod or mp3 player his or her character can listen to in the game so it plays as background music. You can upload any music you want so when your character is about to enter a fight or traveling form one point to another, you can just select whatever song you want. Kind of similar to the ipod from MGS4 but with your own music.

Ork3n
08-29-2012, 09:39 PM
It looks amazing, but I think I saw that video for the first time about 2 to 3 years ago when I was really looking around at game engines and how they work. Don't you think that if they really had such amazing technology completely running or were getting it read to run they'd have put out some more things about it by now? Also when I click on the site it takes me to something that doesn't even sound like what they were trying to do at the time of that video, kind of looks like they put their efforts into something else somehow (even though the screenshots are taken from that video)?

If anybody could provide me with a link to their forums or somewhere where there was recently something posted about it, then please do!

They only have the modeling technology working, they need animations and many other things before it's a full game engne

Saar Ben Kiki
08-29-2012, 10:07 PM
an open world game always requirements some activities that you can do, like in known games set in fictional new york and fictional. l.a. (cant name right?) you need open places you can use and go into like stores and gas stations,
the time is different so they probably can make open places (doesnt have to be useful or purpose) like:
bakery stores are open (we saw from the photos bakery stores)
newspaper stands (from pictures)
perhaps a docking place for horses
animals' skins sales (random?)
some activities are probably the club locales and their missions
courtesans and factions
gotta think about more..

edit:
one thing more: an interactive and living world!
active people with 'true' purposes and feel real, walking by the street, falling, theft and chases, arrest, fights between civies, sitting together, hugging and interactive world as in acr the cemetery is a good example: people crying, reading prayers, looking at graves.
there are several locations in every city that would receive those special animations:
would you imagine people walking by the cemetry doing same thing they would by the street? NO!

-this is why important building should have army patrols and mysterious feeling around it, guards whispering to each other, checking locations/interrogating suspicious civies.

-people fishing by the sea, fighting on catching heavy fish (animations)

-wealthy places with an acorrdingly wealthy populations, poor neighboarhoods with poor populations

- near city gates/outskirts people leaving/getting ready near horse/ saying goodbye to other people

there are many more things like this!

LoyalACFan
08-29-2012, 11:53 PM
Too... many... walls... of... text...

projectpat06
08-30-2012, 12:26 AM
he did say pour everything out on ideas. I could have easily written 3 times that amount.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 12:34 AM
he did say pour everything out on ideas. I could have easily written 3 times that amount.

Sure, but next time, use multiple paragraphs :p

projectpat06
08-30-2012, 01:02 AM
Sure, but next time, use multiple paragraphs :p

I broke my two posts into paragraphs the best I could. It's not the best in terms of having a main subject, supporting evidence and conclusion for each paragraph, but hopefully that is better than having a wall of script. Like I said, I was just pouring out ideas as I made them up on the spot.

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 01:24 AM
(Y);)

Awesome, Patrick....Great thoughts, everyone

Keep the Storming coming people..

rileypoole1234
08-30-2012, 02:08 AM

It was a good read, bravo. I basically agree with mostly everything you said. I was going to type another longer thing, but you did for me:D.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 02:13 AM
if they did something with the scope and size of just cause 2, and was as packed with stuff to do as san andreas was i think we'd have a perfect game

I actually thought Just Cause 2 was waaay too big. I'd rather have a smaller map I can explore and get familiar with than have a ridiculously huge map that becomes a drag to travel across after a while.

Kit572
08-30-2012, 02:49 AM
I actually thought Just Cause 2 was waaay too big. I'd rather have a smaller map I can explore and get familiar with than have a ridiculously huge map that becomes a drag to travel across after a while.
Heh, well if you ask me I love open world games that are way too huge! I just love the exploring and stuff...

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 03:00 AM
Heh, well if you ask me I love open world games that are way too huge! I just love the exploring and stuff...
Well, most of the time, Open, EMPTY, space can be a con. If indeed the World is HUGE and is as full, then I don't mind, but to sacrifice density for quantity ? Nah I don't think so.. not a good Idea.

projectpat06
08-30-2012, 03:51 AM
Even though I used Just Cause 2 as an example, I do agree it was a bit too big. You don't want players to get bored from too much traveling. In some cases though, it's good to have a big open area as long as there are things to do like random events in Red Dead, but it's also a lot of fun to think of the open world in terms of verticality and keeping it jam packed with an entertaining atmosphere.

My other two ideas is an Open world pirate game as I've mentioned before in its own thread and an open world sherlock holmes style game set in London (similar to LA Noire but a lot more action packed and a lot more rpg and interactive elements. It would still build upon the whole detective thing that LA Noire introduced. Could turn out to be a masterpiece if done right)

POP1Fan
08-30-2012, 09:49 AM
In my opinion, an open-world game should first and foremost give the player the ability to explore that world. If the maps are small, parkour is nice, if the worlds are big swinging around or cars are best.
Second, the game should offer the player the posibilty to learn the how to get where he wants, without consulting the map to often. Making him to feel that he is part of that world. Landmarks could serve as key-points and there could be signs all over the place to show you where is the airport, the street you live, your hideout... things like that.
Third, as many said, the world should feel alive. Every NPC doing something different. In one district you could find people begging, another one working, and in the center a combination of all these districts.
Another thing I think open-world should do is to have something interesting to do in that world. Not turn the character into a killing-machine. Most games do that. GTA is even praised for that, which imo is barbaric. Have a limit of killing civilians per session. Have other things to do. Random-events that would make the world feel even more alive, not just controlled by a computer.

That's all for now. Interesting thread. I will come back later.

Stroonzje
08-30-2012, 11:57 AM
i don't know if anyone has played sleeping dogs yet, but i was playing it yesterday and saw this lady getting mugged.. so naturally i hopped out my car and chased to piece of cheese down tackled him and got his purse. Then the police came and arrested him and the ambulance showed up.. then i thought this is pretty cool and waited around for another 30 secs to find that he was an undercover agent!! i dont understand how that fits into mugging someone i just thougt that it was so in depth and random.. open world games need to have things like this too (maybe not THAT detailed though)

roostersrule2
08-30-2012, 12:13 PM
I would want super realistic NCP's in RDR I was in Mehico and stumbled across a guy on his knees crying with this dead girl next to him and he pulls out his gun and commits suicide it was sad but awesome.

pacmanate
08-30-2012, 07:15 PM
The perfect open world experience, well I will bullet point it for TL:DR.

1. To me, the perfect open world needs to be big and beautifully detailed with no frame rate issues :P
2. Dynamic weather systems and day and night cycles. I feel like these two give a sense of realism to the game instead of it being day time all the time. Dynamic weather in the sense of rain or snow depending on seasons etc.
3. Lots of mini games! I think these also add to the immersion of the character you are playing. Games like tennis or bowling, more exciting things like gambling.
4. Your own house that you can decorate. This might seem weird but I like the sense of having your own home that you can decorate, it creates a sense of character connection.
5. Advanced AI systems. That would be AI that doesn't just walk around in the streets and that actually do things like look at stalls, buy items, talk to each other etc.
6. Random events. These don't even have to be interactive, just things happening with AI. For example someone getting run over by a car and the ambulence coming.
7. Interactive random events! I lied on number 6, interactive ones are cool too. These events could be stopping a robber, gathering items, herbs for medicine etc.

I think thats it.

projectpat06
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
4. Your own house that you can decorate. This might seem weird but I like the sense of having your own home that you can decorate, it creates a sense of character connection.

I think thats it.

Your going to love the new skyrim DLC then. I also remember Alex Hutchinson saying something in an interview how players will be really impressed how they did the hideout this time around so I imagine we will get to decorate our home

BBALive
08-30-2012, 08:01 PM
The perfect open world experience, well I will bullet point it for TL:DR.

1. To me, the perfect open world needs to be big and beautifully detailed with no frame rate issues :P
2. Dynamic weather systems and day and night cycles. I feel like these two give a sense of realism to the game instead of it being day time all the time. Dynamic weather in the sense of rain or snow depending on seasons etc.
3. Lots of mini games! I think these also add to the immersion of the character you are playing. Games like tennis or bowling, more exciting things like gambling.
5. Advanced AI systems. That would be AI that doesn't just walk around in the streets and that actually do things like look at stalls, buy items, talk to each other etc.
6. Random events. These don't even have to be interactive, just things happening with AI. For example someone getting run over by a car and the ambulence coming.
7. Interactive random events! I lied on number 6, interactive ones are cool too. These events could be stopping a robber, gathering items, herbs for medicine etc.

I think thats it.

So... Assassin's Creed 3?

I suppose the 'perfect' open world game (in an semi-objective sense rather than subjective) would have to include the following:

- Dynamic weather dependent on seasons
- In-game clock (accelerated) with complex day and night cycles
- A dynamic game world that progressed and changes in real time, same with technology, clothing and so on.
- The player can enter every building or structure in the game
- Game world: A to scale representation of Earth, complete with every country, city, town or village in the world. Possible expanding outside of Earth as time progresses
- The game starts in the Stone Age, and progresses through every time period and into future time periods (links with the dynamically changing game world).
- Extremely deep character customisation and development systems
- Completely destructible game world
- Dynamic natural disaster system (based on location, for example some places will be more susceptible to earthquakes, and so on)
- Every vehicle past, present and future
- Every weapon past, present and future
- Hyper-realistic graphics, physics, particle effects, animations (full mocap and contextual animations are a given) and very high-resolution textures
- Every NPC model is completely unique
- Children, animals
- Complex and realistic NPC AI, each person goes about there business, going to work, chatting and so on
- Dynamic event system supporting everything you could imagine
- The ability to carry out any day-to-day activity, including sports or even going to work if that's what you want to do
- Able to buy, rent or build a house/apartment and then decorate it.
- Able to contract diseases, viruses, or infections of any kind
- Able to build relationships with other characters, start a family, etc.
- Deep, varied, possibly realistic and fun melee combat (you should also be able to learn any martial art, or combat sport known to man), as well as ranged combat
- If arrested, you must do your time in prison (though it will be accelerated and can be skipped if you'd prefer it). The prison will be explorable, destructible and fully interactive just like the game-world.
- Fast travel is a must due to the sheer size of the game world
And much more...

Basically "Real Life: The Game", a game where you can do anything and everything. Completely unfeasible, and I don't even know whether or not it would be an enjoyable game.

De Filosoof
08-30-2012, 09:04 PM

I suppose the 'perfect' open world game (in an semi-objective sense rather than subjective) would have to include the following:

- A dynamic game world that progressed and changes in real time, same with technology, clothing and so on.
- Game world: A to scale representation of Earth, complete with every country, city, town or village in the world. Possible expanding outside of Earth as time progresses
- The game starts in the Stone Age, and progresses through every time period and into future time periods (links with the dynamically changing game world).
- Dynamic natural disaster system (based on location, for example some places will be more susceptible to earthquakes, and so on)
- Hyper-realistic graphics, physics, particle effects, animations (full mocap and contextual animations are a given) and very high-resolution textures
- Children, animals
- Complex and realistic NPC AI, each person goes about there business, going to work, chatting and so on
- The ability to carry out any day-to-day activity, including sports or even going to work if that's what you want to do
- Deep, varied, possibly realistic and fun melee combat (you should also be able to learn any martial art, or combat sport known to man), as well as ranged combat
- If arrested, you must do your time in prison (though it will be accelerated and can be skipped if you'd prefer it). The prison will be explorable, destructible and fully interactive just like the game-world.
And much more...

Basically "Real Life: The Game", a game where you can do anything and everything. Completely unfeasible, and I don't even know whether or not it would be an enjoyable game.

Piece A' cake.

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 09:06 PM

You`re fired...... three times..... basically told you "YOU`RE FIRED" 3 times...

Yes..

stingray10
08-30-2012, 09:18 PM

- Children, animals
And much more...

This sounds amazing, i wonder how much it would cost to create ;D

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 09:26 PM
This sounds amazing, i wonder how much it would cost to create ;D

It's not the cost that would make it unfeasible, it's the sheer amount of manpower it would take to generate all that, plus the amount of GB it would take up. No current system could even come close to running it.

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 09:34 PM
Yeah, lets all get out of fantasy world for a Moment ? and actually start some realistic brainstorming...

I didn't say "What would you wish from a Magical Genie"

projectpat06
08-30-2012, 10:03 PM
The idea I had about the post apocalyptic world posted above could actually work as a assassins creed game but I wouldn't want it to be developed until several years from now. Instead of having the bombs drop or plague break out, the end of the world would happen the way the AC universe says it will. You're character is basically just a normal person destined for greatness who acquires all these skills I mentioned before as your progress throughout the 5 districts of the new government. In the end, the government is actually the Templars who have grown from generation to generation into power and hold all of the technology from the old world. On your journey, you begin to uncover remnants of the past start to learn who the assassins where although there are none left. Towards the end of the game as you've progressed with technology, you finally come across an animus hidden deep away from society. The game closes (the dark knight rises style) as you don the hood for the first time. Wish I could draw this out for everyone. The thing is, if ubisoft made this, I wouldn't even want it to have an Assassins Creed title. Instead, I would want players to slowly discover the game is in fact part of the same AC universe

Does any stuff like this actually reach the developers?

pacmanate
08-30-2012, 11:06 PM
Your going to love the new skyrim DLC then. I also remember Alex Hutchinson saying something in an interview how players will be really impressed how they did the hideout this time around so I imagine we will get to decorate our home

That is true. I also looked at the leaked achievements and I can confirm what he said as true :)

You`re fired...... three times..... basically told you "YOU`RE FIRED" 3 times...

Yes..

Haha. My ideas of a great open world game came from a combo of future and present games but I am not naming any... I don't wanna be fired.

Yeah, lets all get out of fantasy world for a Moment ? and actually start some realistic brainstorming...

I didn't say "What would you wish from a Magical Genie Peenie"

BeCk41
08-31-2012, 11:56 AM
Now, now, can't have the world too open, otherwise players would get lost.

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/scared/scared0005.gif "where am i???"

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
I dunno, can't have the world too open, otherwise players would get lost. :P
And this just sums up the entire thing..

Please lock this.... just... please (Sarcastic, Shade.. dont you dare :P)

pacmanate
08-31-2012, 12:02 PM
I dunno, can't have the world too open, otherwise players would get lost. :P

I just laughed so hard at this!

BeCk41
08-31-2012, 12:07 PM
And this just sums up the entire thing..

Please lock this.... just... please (Sarcastic, Shade.. dont you dare :P)

I just laughed so hard at this!

http://www.thesmilies.com/smilies/happy/awesome.gif