PDA

View Full Version : So I got the NECA Hidden Blade...

Kit572
08-29-2012, 04:39 AM
I saw on a thread on the NECA Hidden Blade a couple months back that some people wanted to modify it to make it activated with a ring instead of a button. We'll, I can't seem to find a way to get the hidden blade open so I can look at the insides and find a way to modify it.

The NECA Hidden blade comes in too parts, the blade, and the gauntlet. You put the Hidden blade on first THEN you put on the gauntlet.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/photo12.jpg

The Blade part is attached to a vambrace and there seems to be no way to remove it from the vambrace.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/photo22.jpg

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee500/ZayneCleric/photo32.jpg

I just thought I'd post info on the blade here for those that wanted to modify it.

Thoughts on how it might be possible to make it ring activated?

LoyalACFan
08-29-2012, 04:53 AM
If the whole thing is one molded piece of plastic, I don't think you could modify it without cutting it open and going straight to the trigger mechanism. If you could get to that, you could just tie a string to it and run the other end up your forearm and tie it to your finger or a ring.

Kinda stupid how the blade sticks out even when it's in the retracted position :p

Kit572
08-29-2012, 04:57 AM
If the whole thing is one molded piece of plastic, I don't think you could modify it without cutting it open and going straight to the trigger mechanism. If you could get to that, you could just tie a string to it and run the other end up your forearm and tie it to your finger or a ring.

Kinda stupid how the blade sticks out even when it's in the retracted position :p

Heh, I'm too scared to cut it open xD.

And yeah, it is a bit stupid how it sticks out when retracted. Fortunately, it doesn't affect my parkour though.

AdrianJacek
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Well, that explains the change of Desmond's blade in ACB - the gauntlet might have fell off.

POP1Fan
08-29-2012, 11:55 AM
The NECA Hidden blade comes in too parts, the blade, and the gauntlet. You put the Hidden blade on first THEN you put on the gauntlet.

This reminds me of the hookblade scene in Revelations XD

GLHS
08-29-2012, 12:02 PM
"The blade has 2 parts..." Lol. Anyway, why is everybody getting theirs early? I was pretty sure it didn't release until AC3 did. Maybe that's just for the US? Oh well, whatever. I'll get mine when the game releases. It's still cool either way though. Just wish they had a way to draw and retract it without a button....

andreja110s
08-29-2012, 12:08 PM

Hahahahahahaha you are right!! :D

What i donīt understand is why do you want to activate the hidden blade with a ring. I donīt think parkour would be that much fun with the ring mode :S

AdrianJacek
08-29-2012, 12:09 PM
I whish they had 3 versions of it - one from AC2, ACB and ACR. Though the ACR blades aren't all that good looking. They're nice and all but the Italian ones look better. :P

Kit572
08-29-2012, 01:03 PM
"The blade has 2 parts..." Lol. Anyway, why is everybody getting theirs early? I was pretty sure it didn't release until AC3 did. Maybe that's just for the US? Oh well, whatever. I'll get mine when the game releases. It's still cool either way though. Just wish they had a way to draw and retract it without a button....

Australians get it a few months earlier.

Hahahahahahaha you are right!! :D

What i donīt understand is why do you want to activate the hidden blade with a ring. I donīt think parkour would be that much fun with the ring mode :S

Thats why there is a safety switch my good man! :)

Haha! I knew someone would say this xD

AnthonyA85
08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
"The standard NECA Hidden Blade comes in two parts you see; the Blade, and the Gauntlet. You put on one, then the other. An elegant design."

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

pacmanate
08-29-2012, 11:10 PM
"The standard NECA Hidden Blade comes in two parts you see; the Blade, and the Gauntlet. You put on one, then the other. An elegant design."

As lame as that was, I laughed :P

massmurdera_666
08-30-2012, 12:49 AM
Like I told everyone when the hidden blade toy, that's right it is a toy, was announced and threads started popping up on how you could modify it without pushing the button, it won't happen and you'll just piss your money away trying and then breaking it. Federal law, either here in the U.S. or Australia, U.K., or much of Europe, any anit OTF or automatic laws are strictly enforced. So in Neca's interest to keep that product on store shelves, they would engineer it to be totally unmodifiable. You will probably have to completely rip the thing apart and rebuild it from scratch. If you want a real working hidden blade, with a pull string, just save up your money and buy the replica.

Kit572
08-30-2012, 02:43 AM

xD!

Like I told everyone when the hidden blade toy, that's right it is a toy, was announced and threads started popping up on how you could modify it without pushing the button, it won't happen and you'll just piss your money away trying and then breaking it. Federal law, either here in the U.S. or Australia, U.K., or much of Europe, any anit OTF or automatic laws are strictly enforced. So in Neca's interest to keep that product on store shelves, they would engineer it to be totally unmodifiable. You will probably have to completely rip the thing apart and rebuild it from scratch. If you want a real working hidden blade, with a pull string, just save up your money and buy the replica.

This.

xXRyzonXx
08-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Look really cool, but how much does it cost?

Skylined69
09-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Just got mine through got to say it's better made than I thought it would be given the price, would definitely recommend getting this if like collecting the extras, got another one on the way for the other arm :), if your looking for them in the UK you can get them at Play.com for Ģ26.99 which is shipping them as of the 1st of September link below.

http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/32101096/0/Assassin-Creed-Ezio-Auditore-Role-Play-Gauntlet-Replica/ListingDetails.html?searchstring=assassins+creed+&searchtype=allproducts&searchsource=0&searchfilters=s%7bassassins+creed+%7d%2b&urlrefer=search

GuitarBoy35
09-09-2012, 11:33 AM
where did you get it from

pacmanate
09-09-2012, 01:28 PM
where did you get it from

Gamestop in the US and Play.com in the UK

Edragonalpha
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCRCa5YBRHg&feature=plcp
Mod for NECA hidden blade -very simple
Your welcome, found a way This is a intro... MUST WATCH
Nothing Is True Everything is permitted:cool:

Edragonalpha
11-13-2012, 12:14 PM
Nothing Is True Everything is permitted

pacmanate
11-13-2012, 02:13 PM
Nothing Is True Everything is permitted

Give it to someone, and tell them to look at the blade, then pull that string.

zxxSt0rmxxz
03-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Hey there. There is an extremely simple modification that can be created to make the NECA Assassins Creed hidden blade ring activated.
Firstly, attach a thin piece of metal such as a paper clip to a drill and simply drill that through the centre of the button activator on the hidden blade. This hole should go all the way through the whole hidden blade part ( but not the seperate silver vambrace).
After that simply threat a long piece of nylon or fishing line through the hole, tie a thick knot in the end that meets the button activator and thread the nylon to the end of the blade and attach a ring. When you pull the string the knot should activate the button and the blade will extend.

Enjoy!

pacmanate
03-15-2013, 11:46 PM
Hey there. There is an extremely simple modification that can be created to make the NECA Assassins Creed hidden blade ring activated.
Firstly, attach a thin piece of metal such as a paper clip to a drill and simply drill that through the centre of the button activator on the hidden blade. This hole should go all the way through the whole hidden blade part ( but not the seperate silver vambrace).
After that simply threat a long piece of nylon or fishing line through the hole, tie a thick knot in the end that meets the button activator and thread the nylon to the end of the blade and attach a ring. When you pull the string the knot should activate the button and the blade will extend.

Enjoy!

Is there a video for this?