PDA

View Full Version : How do you think the new property/economy system will work in AC3?

ACfan443
08-29-2012, 01:24 AM
A lot of you might've already heard from interviews, Alex Hutchinson said that there'll be a new property/economy system implemented in Assassin's Creed 3 (don't know if it's been discussed before), and that it will be different to that of previous games (you will no longer be able to renovate shops and other buildings).

So how do you think this new economy system is going to work?*

And how do you think Connor will make money from it? (not talking about making money from missions/hunting/side activities).

rileypoole1234
08-29-2012, 01:36 AM
For some reason I had it in my head that it would maybe work like Fable 3's economic system. Now I'm not so sure anymore. All we're doing know is guessing anyway

Serrachio
08-29-2012, 01:38 AM
(non-serious post)

1. Get some animal skins.
2. Sell animal skins.
3. ????
4. LANDLORD!

ToniTorsi
08-29-2012, 01:48 AM
I honestly don't have the slightest idea. I'm still quite getting over the fact we won't be able to renovate anymore.

I actually liked that concept.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 02:40 AM
Trading..

Kit572
08-29-2012, 03:44 AM
I agree with Riley, I thought it would be like Fable 3 and 2's economic system too.

Either that, or you can build shops to sell animal skin and stuff.

AnthonyA85
08-29-2012, 04:05 AM
The way i figure it is this:

From what we've been told, we will earn money by trading objects we collect, such as animal skins and meat (possibly rare fruit too), and we get certain amounts for each item, depending on the quality of that item.

Say for instance, we have a bear skin, having killed the bear with the hidden blade by air assassination (and avoided getting mauled in the process :P), we then sell that skin to someone who knows what to do with it for say...50-100 (back in those days, that was A LOT of money), BUT, if the skin is full of holes, (lets say we kill the bear by shooting it), it'd only fetch about 25-40, considerably less.

I just hope that we won't have any central 'banking' system this time round, it was so annoying having all that money collecting and just sitting there, never having anything to spend it on. I hope that now, we'll have to actually work hard to get the money we need, instead of just waiting on a bench for 140 minutes for our bank vaults to fill, doing absloutely nothing to earn it.

There will also probably be treasure chests hidden throughout the game, and we'll be able to loot bodies, and we may even be able to collect bounty on pirate ships, or bandits (and then there's the pickpockets and the Templar messengers running around waiting to be chased down and killed mercilessly), they always have a lot of loot on them.

Kit572
08-29-2012, 04:11 AM
From what we've been told, we will earn money by trading objects we collect, such as animal skins and meat (possibly rare fruit too), and we get certain amounts for each item, depending on the quality of that item.

Wasn't Connor doing something like that in the E3 demo? I'll have to check that out to see if he got any money from that... I don't remember him earning any though

waiting on a bench for 140 minutes for our bank vaults to fill, doing absloutely nothing to earn it.

Benches? In Revelations I waited on view points because of Templar Assassins xD!

LoyalACFan
08-29-2012, 04:38 AM
They said you can join clubs based on your performance in certain fields. I have a feeling you'll be able to join a club, then once you've completed all their challenges/missions/assignments, you start earning income from them. But since there are also trading options, I don't think it'll be as major as the bank vaults, where by the end of the game you could just stand still and collect hundreds of thousands of florins every hour.

HisSpiritLives
08-29-2012, 07:52 AM
The way i figure it is this:

Say for instance, we have a bear skin, having killed the bear with the hidden blade by air assassination (and avoided getting mauled in the process :P), we then sell that skin to someone who knows what to do with it for say...50-100 (back in those days, that was A LOT of money), BUT, if the skin is full of holes, (lets say we kill the bear by shooting it), it'd only fetch about 25-40, considerably less.

I just hope that we won't have any central 'banking' system this time round, it was so annoying having all that money collecting and just sitting there, never having anything to spend it on. I hope that now, we'll have to actually work hard to get the money we need, instead of just waiting on a bench for 140 minutes for our bank vaults to fill, doing absloutely nothing to earn it.

There will also probably be treasure chests hidden throughout the game, and we'll be able to loot bodies, and we may even be able to collect bounty on pirate ships, or bandits (and then there's the pickpockets and the Templar messengers running around waiting to be chased down and killed mercilessly), they always have a lot of loot on them.

Nicely said, and I would like to earn my money, and ofcourse find some way to spend it expect in blacksmiths,tailor shops.... maybe they should make bars or something like that.

projectpat06
08-29-2012, 08:30 AM
How I wish it would work? Acquire hideouts like Connor's own batcave-like hideout behind a waterfall in the frontier and you have to upgrade that. Same with the ship. Or even acquire property in the cities that you can upgrade the features inside such as an armory, animal trophy room?, bedroom even, etc. I really like the idea of the clubs you can join and having the ability of funding and upgrading them. Say one of the clubs meets at a certain pub Boston that we can go into and upgrade somehow. Just dreaming though. Also wish we could purchase scraps for different outfits that give the player perks rather than just to play dress up. Actually being able to buy parts of an outfit that make up a Red Coat uniform could give u certain perks with blending within the red coat army or causing them to hesitate to attack u. A hunter's outfit which could be more mohawk influenced with animal skins could allow the player to acquire twice as much money for each animal skin. There's a lot to play with here in terms of rewarding the player for their hard work in their fantasy world.

Kit572
08-29-2012, 09:35 AM
Actually being able to buy parts of an outfit that make up a Red Coat uniform could give u certain perks with blending within the red coat army or causing them to hesitate to attack u. A hunter's outfit which could be more mohawk influenced with animal skins could allow the player to acquire twice as much money for each animal skin. There's a lot to play with here in terms of rewarding the player for their hard work in their fantasy world.

This sounds like a really good idea!

doogsy91
08-29-2012, 09:55 AM
They should keep the property and economy system very much apart. The economy system should be tied to the hunting elements and the property system should consist simply of purchasing safe houses like in Red Dead. If I wanted to reno a town, I'd play SimCity. And yes, patrickj1's idea is very cool!

brefcourte
08-29-2012, 10:27 AM
I think in order to garanty for maximal authenticity, the devs will implement a minimal reserve financial system set by the templars.
Maybe Connor will ask his Congressman for tax money, to finance terror operations like the Boston Tea Party.

ACfan443
08-29-2012, 10:35 AM
Trading..

I already know you can trade, I haven't been living under a rock. In the original post I said how would he make money, excluding hunting activities. Like Ezio used to earn an income from renovating stuff, how will this apply to Connor? And since he can't renovate, how else will he get an income? (APART from trade - or basically laborious tasks)

ACfan443
08-29-2012, 10:49 AM
Wasn't Connor doing something like that in the E3 demo? I'll have to check that out to see if he got any money from that... I don't remember him earning any though

yeah neither do I, he went to the guy at the stall, gave him the meat, and the guy replied, "please accept this as a token of my gratitude" but actually gave him nothing. Maybe that part was hidden from us 'cause they didn't want to give away how much you would earn for that kill.