PDA

View Full Version : South West Pacific Scenery Maps

RAAFVirt75th
01-06-2004, 08:30 AM
I totally support a SE Asia and more over a South West Pacific Area map including historic scenery e.g. strips, bases etc. It seem this was one of the good things about CFS2 (although outdated and overtaken by FB).

For example see these links from dedicated people who spent many hours researching and then making all these SE Asia, Papua New Guinea, Solomons Islands maps for CFS2. If they can do it for that game - it should be able to be done by the dedicated and professional people at Ubi soft? Why not?

Hope so as it would have my blessing and Iam sure the thousands of WW2 flight sims enthusiaists who like the history component as well. After all this was one of the main reasons why CFS2 became so popular over the years. For example have a lookat the below site to see what I mean:

e.g.
http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS2_Scenery/MASKRIDER_Scenery/

Amazing - Hey - look at all these bases.

So we can only hope that similar attention to historic detail e.g. all the different airbases and objects in Australia, Paupa, New Guinea, Solomons etc and these types of maps will be done for FB.

Will addtional Objects e.g. Japanese and addtional US vehicles, huts, airstrip objects etc be put into the expansion pack?

Would certainly make a lot of American, British, Australian and Japanese and many other people from a variety of countries want to buy FB. It worked for Micosoft.Why not FB.

Here's hoping and praying.

If Ubisoft are not interested perhaps Flight 1 Software or Abacus etc might be as an add on? Who knows.

Is luthier working on any of these?

RAAFVirt75th
01-06-2004, 08:30 AM
I totally support a SE Asia and more over a South West Pacific Area map including historic scenery e.g. strips, bases etc. It seem this was one of the good things about CFS2 (although outdated and overtaken by FB).

For example see these links from dedicated people who spent many hours researching and then making all these SE Asia, Papua New Guinea, Solomons Islands maps for CFS2. If they can do it for that game - it should be able to be done by the dedicated and professional people at Ubi soft? Why not?

Hope so as it would have my blessing and Iam sure the thousands of WW2 flight sims enthusiaists who like the history component as well. After all this was one of the main reasons why CFS2 became so popular over the years. For example have a lookat the below site to see what I mean:

e.g.
http://www.netwings.org/library/CFS2_Scenery/MASKRIDER_Scenery/

Amazing - Hey - look at all these bases.

So we can only hope that similar attention to historic detail e.g. all the different airbases and objects in Australia, Paupa, New Guinea, Solomons etc and these types of maps will be done for FB.

Will addtional Objects e.g. Japanese and addtional US vehicles, huts, airstrip objects etc be put into the expansion pack?

Would certainly make a lot of American, British, Australian and Japanese and many other people from a variety of countries want to buy FB. It worked for Micosoft.Why not FB.

Here's hoping and praying.

If Ubisoft are not interested perhaps Flight 1 Software or Abacus etc might be as an add on? Who knows.

Is luthier working on any of these?

LEXX_Luthor
01-06-2004, 02:07 PM
StarShoy has the FB Map Making tool, maybe he/she will sell some good maps outside of western Euro.

China too. Awsum AWSUM mountain terrain with NO fancy buildings (like Lenningrad) to discourage the Map Makers. You know how many Chinese Newbie pilots flew into mountains? CHINA would be best map possible over the FB-- visualize SouthEast KUBAN map but with those Beastly mountains covering the whole map the size of MOSCOW map.

Chuck_Older
01-06-2004, 03:16 PM
The CBI would be nice. Flying for the AVG would be nice, Oleg and Co would do it justice. I'd love to fly the aluminum trail in the rain. In a sim, of course, lol

This is a public service announcement~Clash

RAAFVirt75th
01-09-2004, 03:30 AM
Many thanks LEXX_Luthor,

I am trying to make contact with Starshoy to discuss but website is in Russian and I can not understand it. Can Starshoy communicate in english?

Please advise.

Many thanks

Copperhead310th
01-10-2004, 04:06 AM
yes he can. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

& i'm all for the SW PTO. Bring on the Phil & MacAuthor Campains!!!!

I shall return!

http://imageshack.us/files/380th%20siggy.jpg

ElAurens
01-10-2004, 07:15 PM
Seeing that the P40B is in progress, as is the Ki43 and Nate, a CBI map seems in order.

I have been running some Burma DFs using the Kuban maps and they are quite fun, and well received. We need the proper territory to operate the Japanese aircraft in.

Kunming please?

http://www.blitzpigs.com/forum/images/avatars/Curtiss_logo.gif

BlitzPig_EL

RAAFVirt75th
01-13-2004, 12:21 AM
I agree but need South West Pacific as well e.g. Papua New Guinea, Solomons, Micronesia etc

Still no response from Oleg. Is he still alive?

necrobaron
01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I hope so! I think he's been pretty busy with the add-on and such. He still hasn't given us our "Christmas present" he said he would give us in his XMAS thread. Then again,I guess he really isn't obligated to....

RAAFVirt75th
01-13-2004, 05:03 PM
Oh well hopefully he will be able to look at forum soon.

Another area in relation to scenery maps are the objects.

At present there are mainly german, russian, usa objects. But no Japanese objects e.g. trucks, buildings, tanks, ships.Some US ships would also help in terms of realism as would pacific type building structures, dirt mounds for fighters and bombers to park in (e.g like in CFS2)

Could objects such as dirt airstrips (long ones for bombers) and (shorter ones for fighters be created? Could Marston Mat be created as an object allowing pacific theater airstrips to be created (e.g.like in CFS2)

If this could be done then perhaps if scenery maps alone were created e.g. all islands in South West Pacific, CBI, Australia etc then then us cusotmers could build airbases to historical level of detail at our own leisure (as long as we have the objects to do so). Might also speed up creation of Pacific scenery maps by Oleg and co.

The other thing would be the accuracy of the scenery and maps in terms of geographic location e.g. actual distances, longitiude and longitude being applied to the scenery. This being one of the features of micrsoft flight simulators- excluding CFS3) - but FB being far in advance of MS in terms of look and feel of planes,scenery realism, game play etc.

WTE_Tigger
01-13-2004, 09:16 PM
It would be excellent if there was a way in which we could generate our own maps (like other 3rd party developers)

I am hoping for some SE and SW Pacific maps too http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif Some Island hopping would be fun.

S!

WTE Tigger

RAAF_Furball
01-16-2004, 02:36 AM
Yes, please !

_RAAF_Furball, CO

RAAF -http://members.optusnet.com.au/raafgames/crest.jpg (http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net)

Furball -http://members.optusnet.com.au/nfurball/Images/plane_md_wht.gif (http://www.fur.cjb.net)

RAAF_Fox
01-16-2004, 08:55 PM
~S~ All, Yes I would love to see a full set of maps for the South Pacific,maybe, they will be in the forthcoming add on. Could someone that is involved with the add on project let us know,we could all stop guessing then, please.
_RAAF_Fox

RAAFWilly
01-16-2004, 11:20 PM
I agree with my CO and Fox
Yes please
_RAAF_Willy

initjust
01-17-2004, 04:39 PM
IL2 may be a great Russian front 'simulator' but without real world islands, terrain and historically located airbases and fully functional carriers it will never be a true PTO 'simulator'.

You can say what you want re CFS2 but when it comes to the PTO IL2 (no carriers at all and only a few aircraft and fantasy islands to fly around) doesn't even come close to being the 'simulator' that CFS2 is, even with all it's shortcomings.

How can you recreate or 'simulate' the Battle of The Coral Sea if there isn't a Coral Sea? How can you recreate the Battle for Midway if there is no Midway?

Don't get me wrong, if 1C comes out with functional carriers, a full, accurate, map of the islands, land masses and airbases involved in the PTO then I will be checking it out very closely.

Some of us just aren't interested in the ETO. Our interests are in the PTO so for us IL2:FB completely misses the mark and is nothing more than a game when it comes to the PTO.

Init

RAAFVirt75th
01-17-2004, 05:04 PM
I hear what you say mate. True it is that FB is "Eurocentric" and that is totally understandable. Oleg respectfully developing FB based many of the Forgotten Battles that took place in Russia. We are all very greatful for this - as I am certainly a lot more aware now of this important part of WW2 history through this game. In fact it prompted me to discover that the RAAF (Royal Australian Airforce) even flew with the Russians. In 1942, with Arctic convoys in trouble, 455 (RAAF) Hampden Sqn flew to Russia to help protect shipping. They had a long, dangerous flight from the UK, then a hard winter life. A book has been written on this giving great insight into the Aussie attitude when living with the Russian allies. THe book is "RAAF IN RUSSIA" by Geoffrey W. Raebel.

Nevertheless we took are waiting with great anticipation for the expansion pack. Moreover, we are really hoping that this will include the Pacific theater maps as you suggest.

Recently I heard from someone in the HyperLobby who told me that Oleg has advised there will be no Pacific maps in the expansion pack it will be purely BOB type stuff.

I am sure there are hundreds if not thousands of customers in the USA, Japan, Pacific, UK Australia that would be greatly dissapointed if Pacific theater is not included. I would see this as not only a loss to the flight WW2 flight sim community and FB customers, but also major loss of revenue to Ubisoft and FB.

We will all have to wait and see. Unless Oleg wishes to comment.

Kind Regards
_RAAF_Schuftie

initjust
01-17-2004, 06:09 PM
I read a really good book re the eastern front many years ago. It is titled "The Forgotten War" and details some of the tragedy and great destruction that happened there and the will to win that the Russian people had. Really quite an enlightening book.

I have no issues with a game being focused on one aspect or the other of WWII. That is as it should be. I guess that is what makes the statement "The best WWII sim" so hard to justify. The best in the ETO is not the best in the PTO and vice versa.

I looked forward to the advent of CFS3. Hoping that it would fix some of the multi-player issues of CFS2 (which I see as it's only really serious flaw if 1% aircraft are used) and still provide a PTO setting. I couldn't return the thing fast enough!

I'll spend money on another 1C product if it deals accurately with the PTO. Otherwise I will simply continue flying the best PTO sim available today.

Init

RAAF_Fox
01-17-2004, 10:09 PM
There are a lot of rumours flying aound the place at the moment whether Pacific maps are to be included in the add on or not, can someone from Olegs team either confirm or deny that these maps are going to be there or not,and if they are not in the add on when will they happen,these maps are of great importance and should be included, please please inform us !!!!

VW-IceFire
01-18-2004, 10:05 AM
Betcha those maps aren't meant for the Aces Expansion but for Luthiers secret project.

- IceFire
http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/spit-sig.jpg

RAAFWilly
01-18-2004, 09:05 PM
http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Please include me as I agree with the updates and changes that are needed.
Please include the Pacific maps as this is an important part of history.
_RAAF_Willy

JG53Frankyboy
01-18-2004, 10:08 PM
yep, with all that incommin for that area useable planes - some "historic" Pazifik map is a need http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

my dream would be the Salomons - from Guadalcanal up the Slot to Bouganville http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

if a "historical" is too much work, what i can understnad ! , a bigger Onlinemap would be very usefull. some more islands too.
the distance in the actual online pazifik map are just to small for a serious COOP online play http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

No76_Pacific
01-19-2004, 12:44 AM
Guadalcanal,then out to sea to land my sair on a carrier deck....... wouldnt it be nice.
A PBY to pick me up after i miss the landing..........

_RAAF_Pacific

RAAF_Mako
01-19-2004, 01:04 AM
That would be the go. The spitfire was used by the RAAF as well in the pacific, some detail here http://www.pacificspitfires.com/

As for scenery, it would be good to have a series of maps and maybe a couple of airfield object so we could place our own airfields on the map.

_RAAF_Mako

RAAFVirt75th
01-19-2004, 02:37 AM
Totally agree mate,. Good ideas.

Hope Oleg reaqs them.

Many thanks for support for Pazifik map.

Kind Regards
RAAF Schfutie

akita2
01-19-2004, 05:50 PM
I have been lured into IL2 FB by my companions from the south pacific reluctantly...but its a b etter game than cfs2. I was thrilled when the new patch included pacific like scenery and my beloved zeke! I want more...... dont let all that memorizing islands go to waste.

A.K.Davis
01-19-2004, 06:30 PM
Regarding what I mentioned on Hyperlobby, I have heard absolutely nothing official, however common sense and some previous statements from Oleg indicate that there will not be additional Pacific content (other than the aircraft) in the add-on. There is a rumor that an additional map may be included in the add-on, but the area hinted at is Prussia/northern Poland. Even this was from well over a month ago, and I've personally heard nothing since.

The reality is that Maddox Games is not going to be producing much more content for FB. As far as I know, they will continue to code in the aircraft made by third-party modellers even after the add-on is released, but only for a certain time. The reality is that their resources will likely have to be largely devoted to their Battle of Britain game. Don't expect a Pacific add-on with maps, new objects, etc. from Maddox Games.

However, Luthier (who has already produced much content for FB) is working on a still unofficial project for much later this year that will use the FB engine and likely include all the FB content (aircraft, etc.). This will not be an add-on, however, and will not be made directly by Maddox Games, but rather with their support. This is Luthier's own project and will be sold as a standalone game. As it is yet to be official, the content of this game has not been announced. All indications, however, are that it will be the Pacific. For example, Gibbage (maker of P-38, P-80, P-63, Spitfire, etc.) is now working on a Ki-43 Oscar and possibly a F4F Wildcat. I also know that someone is working on a map of the Nomonhan area.

--AKD

http://www.flyingpug.com/pugline2.jpg

initjust
01-19-2004, 08:49 PM
"I have been lured into IL2 FB by my companions from the south pacific reluctantly...but its a b etter game than cfs2. I was thrilled when the new patch included pacific like scenery and my beloved zeke! I want more...... dont let all that memorizing islands go to waste."

Give IL2:FB some functional, moving, carriers that can be landed on, attacked and defended and real islands and land masses complete with historically located airbases and the distances involved and then MAYBE IL2:FB will be a better PTO simulation than CFS2 but until then it doesn't even come close in the PTO arena.

A true PTO simulator MUST have large scale maps that show actual islands and land masses where they really are and allow long distance flights and real world blue water navigation.

Compare the islands as depicted in cFS2 with a real world atlas and you will see how accurately shaped the they are. IL2:FB, or whatever may come next, will need that type of mapping or in the PTO it will remain a game and not a simulator.

Init

RAAFVirt75th
01-19-2004, 09:35 PM
If what A.K. Davis says is correct, this is a tragedy for many, many FB fans and the flight sim community.

I appreciate BoB will be an amazing sim once completed. What strikes me as bizarre though is the number of existing WW2 flight sims that are focused on the BoB or similar.

My assumption is that UbiSoft and Maddox and Co would have made a lot more money, also impressed the USA, Japanese, Australian and WW2 sim communitiews from many other countries) by concentrating on the Russia, and Pacific Regions of conflict. Many of these certainly fit into the mould of "Forgotten Battles" - BOB is very well known event.

Again if A.Ks news is correct then attention should be turned to Luthier's sim and other developers who are starting to recognise feedback from the WW2 flight sim community (a great majority as proven by market research resides in the USA, Australia etc).

Injust's comments are also very much to the point.

It was such a grave pity that Micrsoft went off on a tangent and did CFS3 based again in France/Britian - no lessons learnt here - look at all the flight sims developed around that theater. All battling for sales and acceptance. Few have acheived it. The jewel in the crown is the Pacific theater of war. MS/CFS lost an opportunity by not ramping up on their existing knowlede gained from CFS2 - all they needed to do was make better imaged more realistic scenery, cockpits, and range of planes and flight characteristics - on par with FB.

Anyway here's hoping. In the meantime we await unitl offical news comes out from either UbiSoft/Maddox or Luthier. Depending on the result will determine what action will be taken. What I do know is this, we will certainly be very actively lobbying and getting ideas from as many members of the WW2 flight sim community, development companies and look at market research efforts over the coming months in a full scale strategic, tactical and co-oridnated effort to get a result towards an excellent WW2 flight sim or an add on to FB which deals comprehensively with Pacific Theater

Many thanks for your comments.

RAAFVirt75th
01-19-2004, 09:39 PM
Oh yeah if you can add some weight to and support this please add some feedback.

We appreciate that given to date.

A.K.Davis
01-19-2004, 09:45 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAAFVirt75th:
If what A.K. Davis says is correct, this is a tragedy for many, many FB fans and the flight sim community.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What are you talking about? Did you expect the whole Pacific theatre to come in a free patch or something? It's time for Maddox games to move on to a new and even better engine, to provide for the success of future products. A choice was made for the new engine to start with Battle of Britain. You will be hard pressed to make a convincing argument that Maddox Games doesn't know what they are doing and would be better off doing the Pacific. But regardless, you'll likely get the Pacific before then anyways. How could Luthier (with the full support of MG) doing an interim Pacific (or whichever theatre) sim using all the content from FB plus additional content (created largely BY THE COMMUNITY) possibly be a bad thing for the community? Is it really so terrible that the people who spend hours and hours making models for FB should get paid a few bucks?

--AKD

RAAFVirt75th
01-19-2004, 10:30 PM
Hardly expect Pacific theater or even maps (nice suprise from Oleg) to come out in a free patch. Quite happy to pay $$$ for any expansion pack or WW2 flight sim. Already have 30 or so over the last decade from Secret Weapons of the Luftwaffe to FB.

As I stated it "my assumption" about Pacific -not that they do not know what they are doing.

On another point I agree it is sad that the people spending hours per week making models for FB only getting paid a few bucks.

I myself have made a small contribution (as much as I can at this point in time) to development of Gibbages PBY project.

Sounds like a company needs to provide Luthier, Gibbage etc with some seed capital to do a Pacific theater expansion pack - or alternatively the flight sim community could get together and contribute donations to their work if they wish. Perhaps Oleg's company could pitch in with development and Luthier, Gibbage and Co get a cut of the profits - pacific expansion pack being reduced price based on what they get from donations.

These are just suggestions - hopefully yourself and others can continue to add a lot more.

What would Oleg need in the way of a convincing argument and business case. It would be good if he could comment on this.

Regards
_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
01-19-2004, 10:57 PM
Oh yeah,

Back on 05/11/03 I was corresponding with Oleg re: Colour of Pacific Ocean in the RC1 patch.

Oleg advised that

"Anyway some time in future we will do the whole pacific theater"

Oleg Maddox
1C:Maddox Games

e.g. see this post.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=36410063&r=87410063#87410063

So the next question I have - is this going to happen?

A.K.Davis
01-20-2004, 09:46 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAAFVirt75th:
On another point I agree it is sad that the people spending hours per week making models for FB only getting paid a few bucks.

I myself have made a small contribution (as much as I can at this point in time) to development of Gibbages PBY project.

Sounds like a company needs to provide Luthier, Gibbage etc with some seed capital to do a Pacific theater expansion pack - or alternatively the flight sim community could get together and contribute donations to their work if they wish. Perhaps Oleg's company could pitch in with development and Luthier, Gibbage and Co get a cut of the profits - pacific expansion pack being reduced price based on what they get from donations.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Luthier's project will be a commercial product. Oleg is investing in this product through the FB engine. The product will be sold on shelves, likely at normal game price. The modeller's who contribute to the project will be paid as contracted employees.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>What would Oleg need in the way of a convincing argument and business case. It would be good if he could comment on this.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

But there is nothing to argue. The decision has been made. The FB paid add-on will be released in the next month or so. It's content is more or less finalized. Oleg mentioned the possibility of a second add-on to pick up some of the models that are not yet complete, but did not suggest it would be anything more than additional aircraft made by the community. This seems less and less likely, however. Maddox Games has already begun work on their next major product: Battle of Britain. Over the year they will likely transistion all their resources to development of this product. After BoB, more theatres will come using the same engine, but this is years ahead. Maybe the Med will be next, or maybe the Pacific, but until then Luthier's project is the only chance for a full Pacific theatre game.

--AKD

RAAF_Furball
01-20-2004, 06:00 PM
Thnx for the update - *very* disappointing

_RAAF_Furball, CO

click on the pic for _RAAF_ website

http://members.optusnet.com.au/raafgames/crest.jpg (http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net)

click on the pic for Fur's website

http://members.optusnet.com.au/nfurball/Images/plane_md_wht.gif (http://www.fur.cjb.net)

A.K.Davis
01-20-2004, 06:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by RAAF_Furball:
Thnx for the update - *very* disappointing

_RAAF_Furball, CO

click on the pic for _RAAF_ website

http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net

click on the pic for Fur's website

http://www.fur.cjb.net<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm sorry, but what exactly is disappointing? What did you expect (I guess for free), that you are not getting? What is "news" here other than instead of nothing, you will be getting something potentially very good. I'm beginning to think that RAAF has a very warped perception of reality.

--AKD

RAAF_Furball
01-20-2004, 07:36 PM
No mate - you misunderstand.

I had (now obviously wrongly) heard that Pacific would feature in the Expansion Pack.

(Moral - don't believe everything you hear, but hope for.)

_RAAF_Furball, CO

click below for _RAAF_ website

http://members.optusnet.com.au/raafgames/crest.jpg (http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net)

click below for Fur's website

http://members.optusnet.com.au/nfurball/Images/plane_md_wht.gif (http://www.fur.cjb.net)

initjust
01-20-2004, 08:05 PM
I will gladly pay full price, or even higher, again if someone would 'fix' the multiplayer engine problems of CFS2. The full 'simulation' experience is more important than all the eye candy in the world. Of course, it has to at least look good enough so as to not be unplayable. I don't need or care for little people running from burning airplanes or a ground crew running around or any of this type of stuff.

Just give me a fully functional multiplayer engine and a COMPLETELY immersive PTO simulator!

If someone comes up with a better PTO simulation than CFS2 (not a game but a real, immersive simulation) I will gladly pay US$60 for it.

On the other hand I wouldn't pay US$1 for yet another ETO sim. It just doesn't interest me.

Init

A.K.Davis
01-20-2004, 09:03 PM
Perhaps there is some confusion here. There is some "Pacific" content in the add-on. In addition to the Ki-84a, A6M5 and Pacific online map released in the 1.21 patch, the add-on will also include the A6M2, Ki-84b, and Ki-84c.

Obviously, a Pacific campaign of any real substance would require an incredible amount of work on the part of Maddox Games and third-party modellers to produce the necessary aircraft, objects, maps, voices, dynamic campaigns etc. I would have to say anyone who led you to believe that all this was being secretly done in addition to the inclusion of the nearly 30 announced new aircraft was, frankly, full of it.

More likely, these "Pacific" rumors you heard were not about the upcoming add-on, but rather about Luthier's project (which is still hardly more than a rumor).

But who knows, maybe there is another Pacific map secretly included in the add-on. But as can be seen with the Normandy map, a lone map does not make a living, breathing theatre.

--AKD

RAAFVirt75th
01-20-2004, 10:51 PM
Appreciate what you are saying and your comments. The purpose of these posts and others on the subject since November last year was to generate interest on this topic, for others to provide feedback and make constructive suggestions/ideas to improve FB.

Yes - it is dissapointing if their are limited number of maps, scenery and objects etc regards Pacific Theater.

No - (certainly any one I know in the RAAF or flight sim community) could possibly expect this to be provided for free by Maddox Games or anyone else. We can easily pay for any expansion packs or full products.

I find it slightly offensive you think RAAF has a very warped perception of reality (as I am sure our 30-40 members would agree)

What we are doing is consistent with the purpose of this forum. Providing suggestions re: FB to include a Pacific Theater.

Yes there are many rumours about the expansion pack and other projects. The quicker either Oleg, Luthier or someone with the qudos and position to make an official statement the better.

The only response Oleg has given to date that I am aware of is as per a previous post;

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&s=400102&f=63110913&m=36410063&r=87410063#87410063

This does not say it will be in the expansion pack!

What we have been doing is tryng to get support for its inclusion. If not included - yes we will be disapointed. But Oleg has not said it will be in the expansion pack in the first place.

What we get is what we get.But as a paying customer and FB fan- yes I have the right to be dissapointed.

As you say AK

"Who knows, maybe there is another Pacific map secretly included in the add-on. But as can be seen with the Normandy map, a lone map does not make a living, breathing theatre"

So again all we can do is hope. If not in expansion pack - then hopefully later. But when?

We appreciate your views.

Many thanks.

Regards
_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAF_Schuftie

RAAF website -http://members.optusnet.com.au/raafgames/crest.jpg (http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net)

RAAFVirt75th
01-21-2004, 04:51 PM
Thanks for your reply CrazySchmidt in other forum -

"You have my Kiwi vote for the Pacific. I would love to see a Corsair, I know one is being modeled by someone already.

Cheers,

Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end!"

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAF website -http://members.optusnet.com.au/raafgames/crest.jpg (http://www.raafsquad.cjb.net)

RAAFVirt75th
01-21-2004, 04:53 PM
Thanks for your response in suport of Pacific maps CrazySchmidt.

"You have my Kiwi vote for the Pacific. I would love to see a Corsair, I know one is being modeled by someone already.

Cheers,

Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end!"

_RAAF_Schuftie

p1ngu666
01-21-2004, 05:33 PM
id like some more pacfic maps http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
id be willing to have a go at making a map. i have no idea what the tool(s) is like tho or how hard/easy it is.

RAAFVirt75th
01-21-2004, 06:03 PM
Maybe Oleg or Luthier could help you out mate.

IF I knew how I would help you as well.

_RAAF_Schuftie

Henry_Shrapnel
01-22-2004, 03:42 AM
I too would be much more interested in a PTO flight sim instead of a BOB OR ETO one. I'd also be willing to pay a good chunk of cash for a PTO sim however It seems to me a monthly subscription should not be required for online play.
I'm not going to believe what anyone says about what Oleg will or will not do unless I can confirm that they are indeed on Oleg's design team. In any case if Oleg doesn't want IL2 FB to go much into the PTO as a game or sim then I'll just keep looking for a sim that does. I don't see CFS2 as a valid option as it doesn't have the minimum features for multiplay in a combat flight sim imop. If players were willing to download and use add ons for cfs2 then it would still be my game of choice but it's been proven to me that in general the cfs2 community wanted to play mainly with what came on the CD. I'm convinced that to have all players see the same damage to ground and sea target in cfs2 then those ground and sea targets needed to be placed within the "aircraft folder". This idea was mainly not accepted by the other CFS2 players.
If someone who worked on IL2FB wants to sell a whole different game for PTO then I'd
probably buy it unless I'm told by the majority of players I know that they did a sub standard job on it.

PBNA-Boosher
01-22-2004, 06:01 AM
I agree to this. I'd love the PTO and CBI. I just want to get the A6M2 to destroy first!

GT182
01-22-2004, 11:03 AM
If the Japanese planes are in for a Pacific map and included with the Addon too, then definately the Corsair should be added. Afterall she was the mainstay of US fighters in the Pacific.

www.bombs-away.net (http://www.bombs-away.net)
"Fly to Survive, Survive to Fly"

RAAFVirt75th
01-22-2004, 10:47 PM
I support your comments, but we must continue to wait until Oleg confirms what will be in the expansion pack.

Oleg must be very busy as he has not commetned on any post for around a month.

But it is good to keep this topic alive so that they can see that a lot of people want Pacific Theater of war planes and scenery in the future for FB.

Kind Regards

_RAAF_Schuftie

A.K.Davis
01-22-2004, 11:42 PM
Please stop badgering on this. I'm sorry, but you don't understand the process at all. Aircraft and objects are not being added or refused at Oleg's whim, they are totally dependent on the work of third-party modellers.

If you want official confirmation of what is going to be in the add-on, look at the product list in the ubi.com store. Anything not listed there is likely intended to be a surprise, and therefore will remain so until the add-on is released. No amount of petitioning is going to change that.

Once again, however, the Pacific theatre will not be secretly slipped into the add-on.

--AKD

RAAFVirt75th
01-23-2004, 12:29 AM
Whatever will be in the paid add on - will be in the paid add on.

However, as per previous posts Oleg did say:

When in the future is anyone guess. Would be great if Oleg could comment on this.

And NO I will not stop discussing my views about South West Pacific Scenery maps.

And YES as FB customers myself and others have been given the privelege by Ubisoft/Maddox/Oleg to discuss suggestion to improve FB.

Kind Regards

_RAAF_Schuftie

A.K.Davis
01-23-2004, 11:15 AM
Was going to post something useful, but all I get is "message body is mandatory..." bullsh*t errors.

A.K.Davis
01-23-2004, 01:05 PM
Here, see this thread:

http://oldsite.simhq.com/simhq3/sims/boards/bbs/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=98;t=006814

Pacific theatre from Maddox Games is years away.

--AKD

RAAFVirt75th
01-23-2004, 11:24 PM
Think I will wait until Oleg comments in this forum as to what is coming and when in the future. Until then will continue to provide and seek constructive input and ideas towards South West Pacific theater maps etc.

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
01-25-2004, 05:56 PM
Oh yeah the RAAF Virt Squadron would be happy to assist in creation of Sout West Pacific maps by undertaking research etc.

All ideas for Pacific theater scenery post here.

_RAAF_Schuftie

Copperhead310th
01-26-2004, 12:51 AM
Well in the mean time we're going to make due with the Island maps that we have in the game as a substitute. On both of our dedicated servers we're working on now we're scripting the maps to simulate the philipenes & the south pacific. we're using the Island maps, PTO map, online mountains (Philipene highlands) & Kuban & finland to get a somewhat close to real pacific Server. In most cases there will be only historicaly corrct AC on our maps (or their equivlant substitute). As a PTO squadron we're trying to get the hell away from the uber German planes in the ETO & get were is historically accuratre for us as a Squadron for both the 380th bomb group & the 310th fighter squadron. So with that in mind the only axis planes on our servers will be Japan. We will put a Western ETO & an Eastern ETO scripted map in the rotation but for the most part all will be PTO or Simulated PTO. I do wish we'd get the maps at least. & mabey a 4 or 5 addtional planes for Japan & the B-24/26/17's flyable. That would be enough i think. As for Luthier's prodject....all i know at this point is there supposed to be a B-29 involed (acording to rumors @ netwings) I would hope at the very least for the PTO. FOr the very best the MacAuthor Campains in the Phill.
But till then if ever we're going to have to make do with what we have & with what Oleg is willing to give us.

http://imageshack.us/files/copper%20sig%20with%20rank.jpg
310th FS & 380th BG website (http://www.members.tripod.com/tophatssquadron)

RAAFVirt75th
01-28-2004, 06:11 PM
Mate what your doing sounds great! Look forward to when your maps are done.

Us RAAF people would love to have a game or even match with your SQN down the track.

Please go to our SQN Website and post a challenge (click on RAAF icon below)

We too are mainly if not completely a PTO Sqn and also get frustrated being limited to the ETO type scenery and missions, although we love FB in terms of the plane, modelling flight characterisitc's immersion factors etc.

We too look forward to release of expansion pack or when bombers like the PBY, B25, etc are flyable.
Moreover, we look forward to Luthier's "Secret Project" from what I understand will be PTO based. Here's hoping this will be out soon!
Before any interest in FB or similar is lost.

Kind Regards

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAF_Furball
01-28-2004, 08:15 PM
Onya, Copperhead310th ! Good info - good post. Looking forward to an inter-squad match.

_RAAF_Furball, CO

Copperhead310th
01-28-2004, 11:04 PM
Bump for the 5th AF! S!~

http://imageshack.us/files/copper%20sig%20with%20rank.jpg
310th FS & 380th BG website (http://www.members.tripod.com/tophatssquadron)

RAAFVirt75th
01-28-2004, 11:46 PM
Heya Fur and Copperhead. You blokes going to organise this between yourselves? Or has theis been done already. Having had a look at the 310th Website have a lot of history in common.

We should also register each others sites as Allies.

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAF_Furball
01-29-2004, 12:29 AM
rgr tht, Schuftie - message sent to Copperhead

_RAAF_Furball, CO

RAAFVirt75th
01-30-2004, 12:10 AM
Where is Oleg these days. Have not had a word from him in over a month in response to postings in the his room.

Is he alright?

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
01-30-2004, 12:14 AM
Is Oleg alright? Have not seen a post in his room for over a month now to any of the topics raised.

Must be BoB?

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
02-01-2004, 03:01 AM
MMMM - Still no Oleg. What os going on.

I thought this was his room?

_RAAF_Schuftie

KG26_Alpha
02-01-2004, 07:33 AM
Wheres the MODS when ya need them????
This guys threads belong in general discussion surely??

[This message was edited by KG26_Alpha on Sun February 01 2004 at 09:46 AM.]

Huxley_S
02-01-2004, 11:50 AM
I don't quite understand why people expect IL2/FB to turn into a complete all-encompasing WWII simulator. Clearly it is a Soviet vs Axis focused game about the Forgotten Battles of WWII. Expanding this to include areas in which the Soviets didn't play the major role doesn't make sense to me. Surely they should go in a different game.

The Battle of Britain is going in a seperate game so I would have thought the Pacific campaign will go in another game also.

I'd like to see the expansion pack focusing on and improving the core elements of FB rather than expanding the theater to Midway etc.

RAAFVirt75th
02-02-2004, 05:49 AM
Hello Oleg,

Whare are you sir. We are really missing your feedback,

Regards

_RAAF_Schuftie

VOL_Mountain
02-02-2004, 10:14 AM
Huxley_S: "Improve the core of Forgotten Batles"

Yes Sir!

I really enjoy the Soviet vs. Axis focus of this fine sim and would welcome it to continue to evolve.

(FYI: This is the part of my post where I request more bombers)

Several of my M8's and I enjoy flying online wars in a COOP format. A few new twin engine bombers for the VVS and OKL would add another dimension to the war scenerios. The Ju-87 and IL-2 are fine "ground pounders" and the He-111 gives the OKL some muscle but the VVS are lacking similar aircraft. Please develop Pe-2/3 for a future patch. B-25 would make a fine lend-lease addition too. I'm sure my OKL friends will enjoy the Bf-110 and Ju-88 if they are released.

(Finished my bomber request for the day)

Mtn.

RAAFVirt75th
02-04-2004, 09:09 PM
Im still keen on what Oleg has to comment on regards weather coniditions.

Cheers

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
02-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Well we are still waiting for Oleg to comment. Albeit by all accounts the expansion pack has some type of online pacific maps which ones are they?

Anyone know?

_RAAF_Schuftie

A.K.Davis
02-04-2004, 09:47 PM
The online Pacific map is that which was released in the v1.21 patch. Two similarly sized, fictional islands with sea and a tiny atoll in between.

--AKD

RAAFVirt75th
02-09-2004, 04:48 PM
AK are you sure that's it. How do you know so much about wahts in and whats not.

Please advise.

PS Are you really Oleg disguised as A.K. Davis?

_RAAF_Schuftie

RAAFVirt75th
02-09-2004, 04:50 PM
AK how come you know waht is in and what is not in the expansion pack in regards to online Pacific maps.

PS Is A.K. Davis really Oleg in disguise?

_RAAF_Schuftie

A.K.Davis
02-09-2004, 05:26 PM
Yes, I'm really Oleg, be sure!

--AKD

LEXX_Luthor
02-09-2004, 06:17 PM
AKD will you eventually develop your new BoB engine over the Eastern Front again sometime after BoB? Thanks.

Glad to see you back in AKD Ready Room we missed you.

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

you will still have FB , you will lose nothing ~WUAF_Badsight
I had actually pre ordered CFS3 and I couldnt wait... ~Bearcat99
Gladiator and Falco, elegant weapons of a more civilized age ~ElAurens

RAAFVirt75th
02-09-2004, 10:34 PM
Lol Lexx

_RAAF_Schuftie

ossarrian
02-12-2004, 05:23 AM
I agree with other _RAAF post SW pacific maps would be a lovely feature for the expansion pack and would make a great sim even better.

Would be prepared to pay twice the cost of original FB.

Is there any way to make our own maps for FB?

_RAAF_Jimbo