PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed 3 - Official GamesCom 2012 Naval Warfare Walkthrough

Mr_Shade
08-28-2012, 05:01 PM
Take to the high seas once again in this detailed breakdown of Assassin's Creed III's Naval Warfare trailer.

Get your sea legs while we show you the tools and armaments of Connor's ship, the Aquila.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjFE9RGu0Q0

rileypoole1234
08-28-2012, 05:07 PM
Great stuff. That soundtrack also sounds really awesome. Reminds me of POTC. It really looks epic. I can't bloody wait.:D

ProletariatPleb
08-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Unable to find the Walkthrough part.

Slayer_WTF
08-28-2012, 05:27 PM
Awesome.

Sabastian_AC
08-28-2012, 05:29 PM
Man, Alex sounds tired. I hope he and the rest of the ACIII crew take a nice long break starting October 31st.

HisSpiritLives
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Nice video.

Slayer_WTF
08-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Man, Alex sounds tired.

Yeah, I noticed the same thing. Do you feel the whole weight of the work in his voice.

Ielgon
08-28-2012, 05:54 PM
I already said this in another thread but I'll say it here too: at one point they say one of the mission types is attacking forts! ^^

dex3108BL
08-28-2012, 06:02 PM
Yes Alex said that :D **** 3 more months :(

tarrero
08-28-2012, 06:13 PM
Awesome!!!!

ACfan443
08-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Naval has just been done to death, I'm actually sick of it now. Side note - that wasn't even a proper walkthrough.

deskp
08-28-2012, 06:20 PM
uh, a previously released trailer with someone talking over it.. I wouldnt think this was meant for the hardcore fans, but rather the uninformed people

tarrero
08-28-2012, 06:25 PM
I prefer this kind of stuff over a memory in which something big gets spoiled....

Assassin_M
08-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I still think it was a mistake, revealing the Naval portion at E3

lukaszep
08-28-2012, 06:54 PM
I still think it was a mistake, revealing the Naval portion at E3

I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe a teaser at E3 or GDC, but it would have been so much better to leave till a month or two before release.
Naval fatigue is beginning to strike *dramatic music*

menumaxibestof
08-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Walkthrough ? I don't see any walkthrough. http://www.xbox-gamer.net/forum/images/smiles/doubt.gif

Assassin_M
08-28-2012, 07:29 PM
I've been thinking the same thing. Maybe a teaser at E3 or GDC, but it would have been so much better to leave till a month or two before release.
Naval fatigue is beginning to strike *dramatic music*
Yup.. any more and its going to feel like the Hook-blade..
They had that fool up in every trailer.. EVERYTHING, it was too much and then when I played it, I get this "The hook and the blade" -_-

SteelCity999
08-28-2012, 07:38 PM
Should've been released within a week of the reveal - then it would've consistent with the "new" stated in the narration.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-28-2012, 08:14 PM
I didn't notice anything in this video except alex's tired voice
Man,, It's been 3 long years for him ,,I really hope he and the rest of the crew take some rest .

tarrero
08-28-2012, 08:51 PM
I didn't notice anything in this video except alex's tired voice
Man,, It's been 3 long years for him ,,I really hope he and the rest of the crew take some rest .

This!!!!! The whole 2013 at least.

Assassin_M
08-28-2012, 08:55 PM
This!!!!! The whole 2013 at least.
In your dreams..

They might have a different team working on it as we speak... so Alex can have his rest and they can still release a game xD

Everybody wins :P

tarrero
08-28-2012, 08:57 PM
In your dreams..

They might have a different team working on it as we speak... so Alex can have his rest and they can still release a game xD

Everybody wins :P

That is more likely to occur.

Locopells
08-28-2012, 10:33 PM
I hate to jump on the bandwagon. but I have to agree - this was no walkthrough. Nice of Ubi to do it and all, but...

lukaszep
08-29-2012, 02:14 AM
Yup.. any more and its going to feel like the Hook-blade..
They had that fool up in every trailer.. EVERYTHING, it was too much and then when I played it, I get this "The hook and the blade" -_-

But remember when there was about 10 new topics on here every day about how the new hook-blade worked etc.?
At least we don't have anything like that with the Naval game play. Having all those topics was so annoying haha. Oh wait.... we do. :nonchalance:

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 03:03 AM
But remember when there was about 10 new topics on here every day about how the new hook-blade worked etc.?
At least we don't have anything like that with the Naval game play. Having all those topics was so annoying haha. Oh wait.... we do. :nonchalance:
:)

HisSpiritLives
08-29-2012, 07:59 AM
I dont want them to rest. :p

pacmanate
08-29-2012, 10:27 AM
This is what we get? This is absolute crap. This is the Gamescom trailer with Alex talking over it stating the obvious, Connor is in command, no ****. This is utter piss! And for all of you saying Alex sounds tired because of the weight of the work, have you ever thought he might have been tired when recording this? Oh wait, obviously not. I think it's a weak move to release the trailer with Alex talking and call it a dam walkthrough.

ACfan443
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM
This is what we get? This is absolute crap. This is the Gamescom trailer with Alex talking over it stating the obvious, Connor is in command, no ****. This is utter piss! And for all of you saying Alex sounds tired because of the weight of the work, have you ever thought he might have been tired when recording this? Oh wait, obviously not. I think it's a weak move to release the trailer with Alex talking and call it a dam walkthrough.

I feel your pain.

Mr_Shade
08-29-2012, 11:35 AM
Guys, some of the comments are verging on trolling..

Lets try and keep them constructive please..

I understand some of you don't like the video - however some do.. so lets try and accept it for what it is..

This is intended for people who have not analysed the previous trailers frame by frame or already made assumptions about the gameplay.

So, for many - these walkthroughs - maybe a 'talkthrough would be a better title? - do contain new information - like attacking forts etc..

However I'm sure there will be different videos to cater for you at a later date.

GLHS
08-29-2012, 12:14 PM
Technically, it was a walkthrough, but b/c it was only a trailer, there's not much "walking through" to be done. Walkthroughs should really only be for demos and gameplay. Talkthrough sounds more accurate, but people are complaining b/c nothing was said or pointed out that was of any use. We know all of it, and everything he said can be found in previous interviews.

pacmanate
08-29-2012, 10:57 PM
I think I was on my man period when I wrote the above...

AustinGamer
08-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Riley! i totally agree with you, really these are very fantastic sound tracks.

dewgel
09-02-2012, 02:08 PM
For those complaining, remember.. these videos aren't aimed at us HARDCORE fans, they're aimed at people who haven't really seen everything etc. (As Shade mentioned, discussed it frame by frame)

pacmanate
09-02-2012, 02:43 PM
For those complaining, remember.. these videos aren't aimed at us HARDCORE fans, they're aimed at people who haven't really seen everything etc. (As Shade mentioned, discussed it frame by frame)

Sorry but LOL?! The "walkthrough" told us that Connor is in command of the ship, anyone could have figured that out. Then it told us about dynamic weather which you could clearly see in the E3 demo anyway where it goes from calm to crazy. The only decent bit that some people might not have known are the 3 types of cannon shots.

ProletariatPleb
09-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Sorry but LOL?! The "walkthrough" told us that Connor is in command of the ship, anyone could have figured that out. Then it told us about dynamic weather which you could clearly see in the E3 demo anyway where it goes from calm to crazy. The only decent bit that some people might not have known are the 3 types of cannon shots.
^This. That "walkthrough" was more of a...trailer breakdown. The dynamic weather thing has been told millions of times. They have said about the types of shots a few times as well.

dex3108BL
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
Watching all this naval gameplay i need to say it would be amazing if one of MP modes is naval mode. It would be crazy 4vs4 or 8 ships free for all :D Please Ubi add naval to MP if not at release date than in some kind of update after release.

HisSpiritLives
09-04-2012, 10:10 AM
Watching all this naval gameplay i need to say it would be amazing if one of MP modes is naval mode. It would be crazy 4vs4 or 8 ships free for all :D Please Ubi add naval to MP if not at release date than in some kind of update after release.

Nice idea.

pacmanate
09-16-2012, 07:13 PM
HA! 4 pages of this analysis cause it sux

HisSpiritLives
09-16-2012, 08:04 PM
HA! 4 pages of this analysis cause it sux

It wasnt very popular and it get seperated thread and even sticky

dewgel
09-16-2012, 08:41 PM
^This. That "walkthrough" was more of a...trailer breakdown. The dynamic weather thing has been told millions of times. They have said about the types of shots a few times as well.

I know but they've never really officially said that. Sure, it's been pushed a million times in interviews and to us, but remember, the whole forums probably amount to about 2 or 3% of the whole fan base / people buying the game. The only time we've ever officially seen a gameplay video or anything that said this, was the Naval gameplay video from E3 (Which, was exclusive to Sony @ E3)