PDA

View Full Version : the one thing that sucks about AC

dandins
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
i played all AC games complete - they are not bad - but there is ONE THING that is.. annoying.. ugly.. copied.. disappointing.. and ridicoulus.

the "wannabe glitch setting of the game"

you start AC Revelations and it starts when the ubisoft logo comes:

- artefacs, glitches, screenerrors, cubes

it goes on in the Main Menu

- errors, artefacts, glitches, shakes, waves, tearing

and the game itself is full of it

- interruptions, waves, artefacts, stupid sounds

you just finish a quest and you think the whole system break down now.

do you really - REALLY think thats cool? or futuristic in any way?

let me help you - its not.

there is so much that looks like copy and paste by MATRIX - shouldn`t the game be called "Assassin`s Creed Reloaded"

Yes - i know - you are in a computer (animus) - but if this computer has so much errors that it is not even able to display a picture - whats inside? Pentium 3?

okay seriously now - this feature sucks - people wanna play the role of an assassin - they dont want to feeling being inside of a garbage pail.

..The Rest of the game is awesome

make it look more majestic and serious - the next part of the game will need this.

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Cool story bro.

More to the point though, it is the theme of the game. We are in the animus.

Slayer_WTF
08-27-2012, 03:49 PM
If you have these problems, I can not imagine what they are other defects in the game. :D

ProletariatPleb
08-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Those glitches are fine, "people" don't "wanna play the role of an assassin - they dont want to feeling being inside of a garbage pail." you do.
Matrix? Pentium 3? 0_o WHAT

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 04:01 PM
This is strange guy.

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
You want to throw away the Animus ?

U Mad ?

Copied
Are you an Author by an chance ?

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 04:34 PM
Copied
Are you an Author by an chance ?

corbinmahieu
08-27-2012, 04:47 PM
I really like the glitch setting of the game. It really feels like your ''inside a machine''...
and dude it's just a f*** cool ''effect''. ( just like the menu of Battelfield 3 )

I'm a graphic designer and it's really a ''trend'' these last years. But many commercial designers fear it cause of it's ''scary distorsion of the image or readability of the ''system''/image.
But... we live in a ''virtual'' world... and ''inside'' this system ... not all of it is '' sunshine and rainbows''.. .. the ''glitch'' feelings gives a ''dark under tone'' to the virtual reality---> Thats the same feeling the glitches do/feel/give inside the setting of the animus. ( The interface of the animus is ''clean'' and design... but deep inside the machine it's Raww data...a chaos of lines and codes/images"

BTW... assassin's creed is one of a few ''games''.. who has a beautiful ''graphic design''.. the typo/the menu , the interface., the colors. the logos.
--> ( maby this is because ''your'' inside a designed machine.. the animus... ) cause in many ''historical games'' ect. ( like uncharted ect.. ) you have this really ugly ''BASE 02 (http://www.dafont.com/base-02.font)'' letters and wannabe ''old paper'' menu.. UUGH ---> know your graphic design )

I really ''hate'' many games just because of the ugly fonts and menu's and wannabe ''cool'' brush effects.--> but that's just a ''personal'' graphic design point of view.
( I image the average gamer doesn't care about typo or menus or logos;........ hehe it's my professional deformation )

SO WELLL DONE AC FRANCHISE ! THUMBS UP !

r4inm4n1991
08-27-2012, 04:48 PM
i played all AC games complete - they are not bad - but there is ONE THING that is.. annoying.. ugly.. copied.. disappointing.. and ridicoulus.

the "wannabe glitch setting of the game"

you start AC Revelations and it starts when the ubisoft logo comes:

- artefacs, glitches, screenerrors, cubes

it goes on in the Main Menu

- errors, artefacts, glitches, shakes, waves, tearing

and the game itself is full of it

- interruptions, waves, artefacts, stupid sounds

you just finish a quest and you think the whole system break down now.

do you really - REALLY think thats cool? or futuristic in any way?

let me help you - its not.

there is so much that looks like copy and paste by MATRIX - shouldn`t the game be called "Assassin`s Creed Reloaded"

Yes - i know - you are in a computer (animus) - but if this computer has so much errors that it is not even able to display a picture - whats inside? Pentium 3?

okay seriously now - this feature sucks - people wanna play the role of an assassin - they dont want to feeling being inside of a garbage pail.

..The Rest of the game is awesome

make it look more majestic and serious - the next part of the game will need this.

Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/325837-AC-Revelations-Singleplayer-Game-feedback-Do-Not-Post-Spoilers!)is the thread where you should have post Your opinion.

Fifa/PES, BF/COD/CS, GTA/Saints Row/Sleeping Dogs, etc etc etc

I guess all games of the same type come from one basic idea. That counts for games/movies too. Deal with it.

rileypoole1234
08-27-2012, 04:48 PM
I think it's cool.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 04:51 PM
I don't think he has a problem with the Animus per se, just the fact that this cool, futuristic computer apparently can't run without frequent graphical glitches.

Personally I don't think it's a big deal, the glitches are only there to remind us that we're inside the Animus, otherwise you'd just have the standard flawless loading screens all the time, no different from any other game. The Animus is an unstable system, even dangerous to the user when overexposed to it for too long.

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Only thing this thread managed to accomplish is show how people here have matured and do not take to the "bashing" as a resort anymore. Before, I'm sure this guy would`v been having his funeral right now

Well done..

rileypoole1234
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Only thing this thread managed to accomplish is show how people here have matured and do not take to the "bashing" as a resort anymore. Before, I'm sure this guy would`v been having his funeral right now

Well done..

Indeed M, indeed.

*wink*

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 04:57 PM
Indeed M, indeed.

*wink*
BLA BLA BLA BLA

Didn't see anything

Ielgon
08-27-2012, 05:08 PM
I think that dandins is forgetting that the animus in the game actually exists in our time, meaning it's very advanced technology that hasn't really been perfected yet. The Assassin's and Templars are just using it to get information they want, aslong as they can get that they don't really care about any glitches.

Basically we're using a prototype of the eventual machine they want to make, the animus keeps advancing with each game to reflect them working on it/changing it to get what they want out of it. Just compare the animus in AC1 to it in AC2 and beyond: in AC1 it was this huge metallic bed/table that was hooked up to a lot of tubes and wiring in the floor (just look down in the Desmond sequences to see what I mean, it's also the animus I think Abstergo uses for their training as seen in the beginning of AC2 and the multiplayer of ACB and ACR) and all kinds of computers. In AC2 it became portable in that the Assassin team could carry everything they needed around with them in a van. I've heard talk about there being a portable animus in AC3 the size of a game console!

And remember: The animus exists right now in the game, if we were to make a machine right now that could read someone's DNA and show us our ancestors lives in a visual way like the animus ingame does then it would be far from perfect aswell (not even possible of course! Even though I want it to be XD). So in the games universe, it makes perfect sense that it's constantly glitchy like that.

De Filosoof
08-27-2012, 05:33 PM
He was in the black room of the animus, that's why it was glitchy and stuff because it wasn't the animus' normal mode.

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
Here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/325837-AC-Revelations-Singleplayer-Game-feedback-Do-Not-Post-Spoilers!)is the thread where you should have post Your opinion.

Fifa/PES, BF/COD/CS, GTA/Saints Row/Sleeping Dogs, etc etc etc

I guess all games of the same type come from one basic idea. That counts for games/movies too. Deal with it.

True ,,same type,,

TheHumanTowel
08-27-2012, 05:56 PM

Well done..
Good job everybody. Give yourselves a pat on the back.

Chocoburger
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
I like the 'glitchy effect' and I feel that it helps separate AC series from other game series. Keep at it Ubisoft! :D

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 09:31 PM
It's a futuristic system, yes, but what it's doing is reconstructing entire memories from DNA. It's not going to run without glitches until it's entirely perfected.

And anyways, a lot of what you call glitches is simply the UI/loading screen of the system.

As for it being ripped off from the matrix... I don't find the visual style of the animus to be all that influenced, but if it is then so what? The fantasy genre straight up carbon copies Tolkien, how is this all that bad?

Free_Hidings
08-27-2012, 10:49 PM
It's a futuristic system, yes, but what it's doing is reconstructing entire memories from DNA. It's not going to run without glitches until it's entirely perfected.

And anyways, a lot of what you call glitches is simply the UI/loading screen of the system.

As for it being ripped off from the matrix... I don't find the visual style of the animus to be all that influenced, but if it is then so what? The fantasy genre straight up carbon copies Tolkien, how is this all that bad?

The whole Assassins Creed series is just a rip off of Tenchu anyway

(sigh)

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 10:58 PM

(sigh)
Assassin's Creed is in the same genre. (action adventure stealth game)

Similarities end there.

People use the word rip-off far too liberally.

Assassin's Creed started in a different part of the world with a different real-life order of killers during the crusades, is about killing in social situations and using social stealth, has a parkour system that doesn't involve grappling hooks, is less stylized and more grounded as far as animation and art style, and of course a fan of a completely different series can see it as a ripoff. It may have helped tune mechanics that were used future games, but in reality I doubt it even came up in the conversation during the development of AC. Expecially because they were trying to make it clear that you were not playing a ninja.

DarkSolitude-X
08-27-2012, 11:55 PM

I've played Stealth Assassins, Birth of the Assassin's and Wrath of Heaven. I love the first and third games, birth of the assassin's was kinda iffy. I will say, without a doubt, that in no way is assassin's creed a rip off of tenchu. Assassin's creed isn't even all to much about stealth as it is action. In tenchu you sneak around in 1600's japan as a ninja, taking out dishonorable characters (wether it be by nobility or what have you). There is no conspiracy nor templars.

I do wish that they would make a new tenchu.

All this being said... no you are completely wrong.

BBALive
08-28-2012, 02:25 AM
Can the glitches and such be attributed to a lack of synchronisation?

Regardless, it's an aesthetic choice. Whether you like it or not, you'll have to deal with it.

Ork3n
08-28-2012, 03:45 AM
Yeah ubisoft, remove the hud also please!!!! LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Black_Widow9
08-28-2012, 06:19 AM
Hello and welcome to the Forums
If you have feedback about the Assassin's Creed series please use one of the dedicated threads in the Stickies or by doing a search. I would suggest if you post in them however, that it is constructive.
The Animus, which you are describing, is one of the mainstays of the game so I doubt this request will be granted but you are welcome to try.
Thanks