PDA

View Full Version : Wolves among the dead.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 09:25 AM
Let me start off with saying i absolutely despise time limits in video games. There are the bane of my existence.
I just need to vent my frustration with this ACB mission here for now.. :p
For 100% sync you'll need to complete this mission (the catacomb with the bazillion mazes) in under 8 minutes.
How in the freakin' world is this possible!? I went through it as fast as i could with only taking a wrong turn one or two times
and i STILL ran out of time once i reached the room where you can fight the followers. Then i still needed to climb all the way up.
Am i the only one here who just can't get 100% on this mission?

Also from a realistic standpoint, you receive 100% sync if you perform the mission the exact way Ezio did it.
There's no way in hell that Ezio went through the catacomb in under 8 minutes the first time without taking a wrong turn even once.

End of rant :p

Serrachio
08-27-2012, 10:17 AM
The lit torches indicate the right path to take.

Also, smoke bombs help for avoiding the Followers of Romulus at the end.

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 10:25 AM
Let me start off with saying i absolutely despise time limits in video games. There are the bane of my existence.
I just need to vent my frustration with this ACB mission here for now.. :p
For 100% sync you'll need to complete this mission (the catacomb with the bazillion mazes) in under 8 minutes.
How in the freakin' world is this possible!? I went through it as fast as i could with only taking a wrong turn one or two times
and i STILL ran out of time once i reached the room where you can fight the followers. Then i still needed to climb all the way up.
Am i the only one here who just can't get 100% on this mission?

Also from a realistic standpoint, you receive 100% sync if you perform the mission the exact way Ezio did it.
There's no way in hell that Ezio went through the catacomb in under 8 minutes the first time without taking a wrong turn even once.

End of rant :p

I didnt get 100 % sync first time but try one more time, it isnt easy but you will succeed.

ElderMark
08-27-2012, 10:51 AM
It took me a few weeks to do those,I rage take a break then go back.i know what your going thru with those.

xXConnorzzXx
08-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I hate timelimits too...

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I never got to do that mission 100% either... it's very tedious.

Jay_2750
08-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Follow the torches and make sure you sprint all the time. Also make sure you can climb fast.

Ielgon
08-27-2012, 12:38 PM
Just play the level a couple of times and do whatever it takes to remember it (maybe write down the correct directions?) then sprint through all of it. When you get to the followers throw a smoke bomb here and there (I did it without so you don't have to, remembering where you can go up on the pillar and when you need to run around helps a lot of course) and just climb to victory! XD

I had to do it a couple of times over (like 8/9 times) but it wasn't really enough to make me rage. Agreed on that there's no way Ezio did it like that though!

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 12:57 PM
Play it a few times to memorize the path, then play it speed-run style. Blow past the followers of romulous at the end, don't even think about fighting. It's not as hard as it looks, though I always only finish it with seconds to spare.

DarkSolitude-X
08-27-2012, 01:00 PM
I complete agree with your opinion of timelimits. Timelimits also take away from the atmospheric engrossness of the game, they do for me atleast.

In anyway, as others have said, the torches light your path and use smoke bombs at the end. Also run your a** off. Play through a couple times, learn your route, then run it hardcore.

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 01:27 PM
Considering how easy the AC games are, expecially Brotherhood, I enjoyed having a full sync that was a decent, fair, difficult challenge. I ignored it the first time, because I basically roleplay through AC's story the first time I play it. (just to the point where I try to actually explore and look around and take dudes out in stylish and interesting ways.)

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the tips. I never knew about the torches.
I might try it again later but for now there's still too much rage inside me. :p

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM
Like everyone said, follow the torches. The only real problem can be the followers of Romulus who'll be throwing knives at you while you're climbing. Just try to avoid most of them and use throwing knives or the crossbow on the ones on the upper floors. They won't follow you all the way up to the top floor where the treasure is.

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
I complete agree with your opinion of timelimits. Timelimits also take away from the atmospheric engrossness of the game, they do for me atleast.

In anyway, as others have said, the torches light your path and use smoke bombs at the end. Also run your a** off. Play through a couple times, learn your route, then run it hardcore.

Yes i always hated time limits.

Steww-
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
As well as torches, isn't there markings on the wall that you can see by using Eagle Vision?

rileypoole1234
08-27-2012, 04:50 PM
I don't like time limits, but they're not mandatory in ACB or ACR so I don't care about them.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 04:55 PM
As well as torches, isn't there markings on the wall that you can see by using Eagle Vision?

There are, but they are few and far in between compared to the torches. Stopping to use Eagle Vision every few seconds only slows you down.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I actually should be glad that the time limit is optional. I remember the mission in AC2 where you had to follow La Volpe over the rooftops within a certain amount of time.
God, did i hate that mission! :p