PDA

View Full Version : Subject 17's interview with Cas Anvar (Voice of Altair) Teaser clip

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 03:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MRqyjn9gbY&feature=g-all-u

It's pretty neat to hear him doing the voice. I really like it so much more than the AC1 voice.

Legendz54
08-27-2012, 04:17 AM
hahahahaha Altair breaking that fourth wall was funny as hell.

LoyalACFan
08-27-2012, 05:30 AM
Lol... "I stick a blade in you head if you do that." Pretty funny.

HisSpiritLives
08-27-2012, 07:50 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mrqyjn9gby&feature=g-all-u

it's pretty neat to hear him doing the voice. I really like it so much more than the ac1 voice.

lol.

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 09:00 AM
Awesome! I love when I hear voice actors just screwing around, lol. (that sounds wrong)

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 01:21 PM
Awesome! I love when I hear voice actors just screwing around, lol. (that sounds wrong)

Me too. That was great. But nothing beats Roger Craig Smith at 2:17 of this vid. lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BTKbj8PgGU8&list=FL0ccr2MgxhrIoioVumEVPrw& index=91&feature=plpp_video

Still wish they would post a vid of Roger singing the Ezio songs from ACR. That would be Epic!

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 01:39 PM
1:50
I love that kind of stuff. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKMbgXeei4Q

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Roger Craig is the man.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
I came in here expecting Alta´r and all I got was the impostor from Revelations. :( :p

Why, oh why did they never make a video of Roger Craig Smith recording those bard songs in ACR? I bet everyone in the recording studio was cracking up.

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 03:35 PM
I came in here expecting Alta´r and all I got was the impostor from Revelations. :( :p

Why, oh why did they never make a video of Roger Craig Smith recording those bard songs in ACR? I bet everyone in the recording studio was cracking up.

The impostor? Why? Because he actually talked with an accent? He defintley was better, though I think they should have kept the first one... continuity and stuff.

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I like the new voice better. I'm glad we finally got a voice that actually sounds like it could be Altair.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
The impostor? Why? Because he actually talked with an accent? He defintley was better, though I think they should have kept the first one... continuity and stuff.

No, not because of the accent, I just hate it when they change actors for no reason. The original voice of Alta´r told in an interview that he was specifically forbidden from doing a middle-Eastern accent when he started recording his lines for the first game. He had auditioned using an accent and got the part, then the voice director suddenly decided they didn't want an accent after all. So yeah, Cas Anvar did a good job but he will never be Alta´r to me.

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 04:49 PM
Didn't know that, that's pretty lame. I hope that guy was fired.

rileypoole1234
08-27-2012, 04:52 PM
That was good, I love that sort of stuff as well.:D

I like this Altair voice more. It's authentic. A guy from the middle east will have a middle eastern accent.

SixKeys
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Didn't know that, that's pretty lame. I hope that guy was fired.

If you want to watch the interview, it's this one: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtTuf82RJ2E . He starts talking about the accent around 4 minutes in.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
No, not because of the accent, I just hate it when they change actors for no reason. The original voice of Alta´r told in an interview that he was specifically forbidden from doing a middle-Eastern accent when he started recording his lines for the first game. He had auditioned using an accent and got the part, then the voice director suddenly decided they didn't want an accent after all. So yeah, Cas Anvar did a good job but he will never be Alta´r to me.

I just blame it on Abstergo's more primitive Animus. :p

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 05:59 PM
I suppose the could be conceived as off-topic but it is Nolan North and I just had to share the laughs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjN6ah6ges8&feature=related

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM

Here I agree, they shouldn't have fired him. It's good to keep continuity in the series, and the AC1 guy did a good job. Since he was also from the middle-east he could've done the voice perfect. But still, the Revelations actor was very good. At first it seemed off to me when I was playing, but it mostly was because of Altair's model, he looked like a muppet.

kriegerdesgottes
08-27-2012, 06:48 PM

Yeah that was a shame. They should have had Phillip Shahbaz come back and do Altair with his mild middle eastern accent. He does it really well too. I think that would have been the smartest thing to do.

LoyalACFan
08-27-2012, 07:47 PM

I bet it had something to do with the whole Iraq War thing and the negative sentiment toward the Middle East in America. If you were stupid enough to hate the Muslims for 9/11, then you're probably stupid enough to not realize that Altair was a Muslim. That is, unless the accent reminded you. So they probably gave him a whitewashed, Westernized accent so as not to alienate all the stupid rednecks of the world.

freddie_1897
08-27-2012, 07:52 PM
I bet it had something to do with the whole Iraq War thing and the negative sentiment toward the Middle East in America. If you were stupid enough to hate the Muslims for 9/11, then you're probably stupid enough to not realize that Altair was a Muslim. That is, unless the accent reminded you. So they probably gave him a whitewashed, Westernized accent so as not to alienate all the stupid rednecks of the world.
here in england we have a nice name for rednecks.

americans, IM KIDDING. now i feel mean

Blind2Society
08-27-2012, 08:06 PM

That unwarranted hate goes both ways. People need to realize that there are stupid people everywhere, even in your own back yard.

Anyway, I bet you're right. That probably was the reason and it's ridiculous.

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 09:27 PM

I'm sure this has been adressed, but the continuity is in that the Abstergo machine removes the accent from the ancestor, while the animus 2.0 shows how they actually talk.

SixKeys
08-28-2012, 02:01 AM
I'm sure this has been adressed, but the continuity is in that the Abstergo machine removes the accent from the ancestor, while the animus 2.0 shows how they actually talk.

Is that the official explanation? It's a pretty silly excuse. Why would the Animus 2.0 which is more advanced in every other way, be worse in the aspect that it makes the ancestor harder to understand? Rebecca blamed "the odd bit of Italian" in AC2 on the Animus' translator. Why would a more primitive machine be able to completely remove any hard-to-understand foreign words and an improved model would make it worse?

kriegerdesgottes
08-28-2012, 03:35 AM
Is that the official explanation? It's a pretty silly excuse. Why would the Animus 2.0 which is more advanced in every other way, be worse in the aspect that it makes the ancestor harder to understand? Rebecca blamed "the odd bit of Italian" in AC2 on the Animus' translator. Why would a more primitive machine be able to completely remove any hard-to-understand foreign words and an improved model would make it worse?

Yes I believe that is the real explanation but it still makes no sense at all considering everyone else in AC1 has the middle eastern accent except Altair.

GLHS
08-28-2012, 08:23 AM
It deems what the most important and necessary speech to Desmond is and translates it, or in Altair's case, creates an American accent for it. It had nothing to do with the translation software being better or worse. Plus, Animus 2.0 also added subtitles, so it was ok that some things weren't physically translated, cuz they were in the subtitles.