PDA

View Full Version : I don't know why but....

ImPinheadDan
08-27-2012, 02:04 AM
I have a Odd feeling that Ubisoft may have drop that ''Find Eve'' mission or whatever you guys call it. I'm worried that they may something stupid as like ''Lucy is all of a sudden is resurrected as Eve'' or something like that. Some guy on GFaqs gave me this idea...

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 02:14 AM
I have a Odd feeling that Ubisoft may have drop that ''Find Eve'' mission or whatever you guys call it. I'm worried that something come up as stupid like ''Lucy is all of a sudden resurrected as Eve'' or something like that. Some guy on GFaqs gave me this idea...
Yeah.. Find Eve.. Oh crap we killed her.. Pff.. just like you said.. Stupid Idea.
and about dropping her, We don't really know yet and we cant speculate on that except that sometime ago in a Podcast, Jeffery Yohalem said that what 16 said will be touched upon in AC III..BUT in another Pod cast with Darby Mcdevitt, He said that we shouldn't take everything 16 said so seriously, because he`s half insane, so yeah..We don't really know

LoyalACFan
08-27-2012, 03:03 AM
I never thought 16 was literally talking about finding Eve (the individual), but rather her Apple and the knowledge stored within it. Apples of Eden have always metaphorically stood for the "forbidden knowledge" Eve stole from Eden in the Christian Bible, and I have a working theory that when Eve shouted "I have it!" while escaping Eden in AC2's Truth video, she was talking about a POE she and Adam stole. And that Apple eventually wound up in the hands of Ezio. So when Clay said "Find Eve", he was basically telling Desmond to find her "legacy", if you will... Ezio's Apple.

Assassin_M
08-27-2012, 03:06 AM
I never thought 16 was literally talking about finding Eve (the individual), but rather her Apple and the knowledge stored within it. Apples of Eden have always metaphorically stood for the "forbidden knowledge" Eve stole from Eden in the Christian Bible, and I have a working theory that when Eve shouted "I have it!" while escaping Eden in AC2's Truth video, she was talking about a POE she and Adam stole. And that Apple eventually wound up in the hands of Ezio. So when Clay said "Find Eve", he was basically telling Desmond to find her "legacy", if you will... Ezio's Apple.
Plausible..

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 03:12 AM
Eve could be anything at all. That sort of plotline is obviously crucial to Desmond's story, and is probably not going to be dropped. It wouldn't make much sense, they have no reason to. And the story of what will happen with Desmond in the end was definintely planned out by the time of Brotherhood.

ImPinheadDan
08-27-2012, 03:41 AM

Didn't Juno says that only she remains to found and he has to work through the gates with her?

LoyalACFan
08-27-2012, 05:27 AM
Didn't Juno says that only she remains to found and he has to work through the gates with her?

Yes, but wasn't that technically before he got his hands on the Apple? Maybe he has to find Eve "through" the Apple... if that makes sense? Maybe a message or something she left behind? Perhaps only those with significant TWCB DNA could access it? The only other person with a high TWCB concentration was Ezio, and he decided to lock the Apple away instead of using it.

I dunno, I just don't think he literally has to go out and find one specific person in the world to fulfill the prophecy...

ImPinheadDan
08-28-2012, 02:58 AM
Yes, but wasn't that technically before he got his hands on the Apple? Maybe he has to find Eve "through" the Apple... if that makes sense? Maybe a message or something she left behind? Perhaps only those with significant TWCB DNA could access it? The only other person with a high TWCB concentration was Ezio, and he decided to lock the Apple away instead of using it.

I dunno, I just don't think he literally has to go out and find one specific person in the world to fulfill the prophecy...

Stop confusing me :(

twenty_glyphs
08-28-2012, 03:32 AM
Saying Subject 16 was just insane and brushing aside a big story teaser that referenced a mystery from the previous game and was the story culmination for completing ten puzzles would be a big cop out. That would be worse to me than a poorly written story, because they'd be betraying the fans' trust by building up a mystery and then saying it never meant anything.

Ork3n
08-28-2012, 03:43 AM
Saying Subject 16 was just insane and brushing aside a big story teaser that referenced a mystery from the previous game and was the story culmination for completing ten puzzles would be a big cop out. That would be worse to me than a poorly written story, because they'd be betraying the fans' trust by building up a mystery and then saying it never meant anything.

Hahaha... You meant 30 puzzles because the 20 glyphs from Ac2 unlocked something about Eve, and the 10 rifts from AcB unlocked a conversation that included Eve name. I would personally hate if Eve meant nothing to the nowadays plot at all..

Calvarok
08-28-2012, 06:34 AM
I should say again: They're not going to drop something that is obviously critical to the plot and was JUST introduced in Brotherhood.

If something is directly a part of what has been stated to be Desmondls mission up until the last game, it's not just going to be ignored in his last game. That's insane.

EDIT: The story team has even said that they have a rule that they're not allowed to retcon things.

ImPinheadDan
08-29-2012, 06:20 PM
I should say again: They're not going to drop something that is obviously critical to the plot and was JUST introduced in Brotherhood.

If something is directly a part of what has been stated to be Desmondls mission up until the last game, it's not just going to be ignored in his last game. That's insane.

EDIT: The story team has even said that they have a rule that they're not allowed to retcon things.

The story team said that? Where? Yeah, I know now that Ubi isn't gonna drop this ''Eve'' thing but I know a lot other games that dropped some crucial plot details...

Rakudaton
08-29-2012, 07:30 PM
Crazy theory alert, but what if Eve is a woman from Connor's time. He falls in love with her perhaps, but a vision of TWCB tells them that she has to seal herself in a particular vault in the grand temple. Cue much emotional sadness and stuff but the TWCB compel her and she is forced to leave Connor. The last we see of her is a big stone door closing behind her as she becomes sealed inside.

... jump to Desmond in the present. He opens a door in the grand temple and what does he find? Eve, held in stasis for a few centuries by TWCB technology.

After that, who knows? I can't even think of a reason why TWCB would need an "Eve"... hopefully the writers have something in mind.

Assassin_M
08-29-2012, 07:35 PM
Crazy theory alert, but what if Eve is a woman from Connor's time. He falls in love with her perhaps, but a vision of TWCB tells them that she has to seal herself in a particular vault in the grand temple. Cue much emotional sadness and stuff but the TWCB compel her and she is forced to leave Connor. The last we see of her is a big stone door closing behind her as she becomes sealed inside.

... jump to Desmond in the present. He opens a door in the grand temple and what does he find? Eve, held in stasis for a few centuries by TWCB technology.

After that, who knows? I can't even think of a reason why TWCB would need an "Eve"... hopefully the writers have something in mind.
Cheesy as hell..

Ielgon
08-29-2012, 07:47 PM

I like that you've given it some thought and that you're speculating. And don't take this the wrong way but I myself would personally dislike this so much I'd actually start doubting the series.

lukaszep
08-29-2012, 08:06 PM
They can't skip over the "Find Eve part", that has to be included in AC3. They can't alter 6 years worth of games story in the conclusion of "the Desmond trilogy".

I'm sure we won't learn much about Adam and Eve escaping Eden etc. though, my guess is they'll save that for future games.

LoyalACFan
08-29-2012, 08:20 PM

Not a big fan of the 'stasis' thing, but I could definitely see Eve being someone from Connor's time. We still don't know exactly why he needs to visit Connor, so perhaps he's reliving his memories to find a moment where he came into contact with Eve?

De Filosoof
08-29-2012, 08:41 PM

Indeed, that would be horrible but who knows, they screwed up the Lucy part in ACR so i believe everything is possible.

SteelCity999
08-29-2012, 08:58 PM

Eve also has a few different variations of meaning and could definitely be used as a metaphorical reference by TWCB. Gnostics hold a different view of Eve for instance. "The Gnostic Eve, on the other hand, exists as the primary and first instructor, she appears as luminous, and gives the gift of light to humanity." Without spoling anything, one of the achievements could be related to where we find Eve....

ImPinheadDan
08-31-2012, 09:47 PM

This sounds terribly cheesy.