PDA

View Full Version : Blegh... Colonial Assassin skin...

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 04:45 AM
What the hell happened? It looked so badass in the concept art...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826025508/assassinscreed/images/a/af/Native_Assassin_Connor_concept.jpg

How'd we get stuck with this turd?

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826020559/assassinscreed/images/d/d9/Colonial_Assassin_PA-HR.png

Even the Captain outfit looks worse than before... He's wearing shorts, for God's sake!

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826020427/assassinscreed/images/3/38/Captain_Aquila_PA%3DHR.png

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 04:48 AM
Deal with it..

Nothing me, you or anyone can do about it..

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 04:51 AM
The concept art looks basically exactly like Connor's actual outfit. It also looks far more native american than Colonial. It was probably placeholder, and not the actual concept art for it.

As for the actual thing, it looks like an even more era-appropriate outfit than Connor's, which should help the people who can't see that his outfit is basically a white and blue hooded normal military outfit with native trappings.

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 04:53 AM
The new captain of Aquila outfit looks awesome IMO compared to the concept art. I didn't understand why he had his hood on with the hat on top of that. I'll prob still get the game from best buy or gamestop depending on where I'm living at the time, but both of the new outfits are cool to me in that they are more plausible to blend in while roaming the cities and ports.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 04:57 AM
It was just the same image as the colonial outfit, but with the hat on, wasn't it? More proof that that conner concept was just placeholder for the actual thing.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 05:01 AM
Oh, about the Captain one: you seem to be uneducated as to what people dressed like back then. There was a lot sillier looking stuff than that, and I think it looks pretty badass anyways.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 05:06 AM
Oh, about the Captain one: you seem to be uneducated as to what people dressed like back then. There was a lot sillier looking stuff than that, and I think it looks pretty badass anyways.
This

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 05:18 AM
Deal with it..

Nothing me, you or anyone can do about it..

Seriously, could you just freaking chill? Jesus... Every time I see one of your comments, it's always a snide remark directed at me or another user. You have every right to post here, but I just don't understand why you have to be such a to everyone you see for no apparent reason...

And @ Calvarok, it's that hat, man... I just hate it so much! It's like it's screaming "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M AN ASSASSIN, SHOOT ME IN THE FACE PLEASE!" It might be more era-appropriate, but that goofy Assassin top hat thing ruins it. Just my opinion, of course, but still... o_O

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 05:20 AM
Seriously, could you just freaking chill? Jesus... Every time I see one of your comments, it's always a snide remark directed at me or another user. You have every right to post here, but I just don't understand why you have to be such a to everyone you see for no apparent reason...

And @ Calvarok, it's that hat, man... I just hate it so much! It's like it's screaming "HEY, LOOK AT ME, I'M AN ASSASSIN, SHOOT ME IN THE FACE PLEASE!" It might be more era-appropriate, but that goofy Assassin top hat thing ruins it. Just my opinion, of course, but still... o_O

What does the White hood with the Assassin symbol say then??

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 05:21 AM

? You asked how did we end up with this thing and i told you to deal with it because there is nothing we can do about it.. Because I hate it too and I thought the same as you..

? Wow.. Thanks, man

jiajen
08-26-2012, 05:41 AM
Does anyone else think it's weird that his hat has a ponytail?

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 05:42 AM
Does anyone else think it's weird that his hat has a ponytail?

It wasn't historically uncommon, I guess, but yeah, it looks weird.

rileypoole1234
08-26-2012, 06:10 AM
I like the new ones better:p

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 06:18 AM

I like the color scheme of the new Colonial one slightly better, but that's as far as it goes ;)

Serrachio
08-26-2012, 08:57 AM
****** ? You asked how did we end up with this thing and i told you to deal with it because there is nothing we can do about it.. Because I hate it too and I thought the same as you..

****** ? Wow.. Thanks, man

I'm sorry, but I can't help but agree.

I respect you and all, but you've become very snide towards others. I know I can sometimes come across as stubborn, but you show it more so than I do.

And to LoyalACFan, I really hate the hat too. It's like they haven't even tried to conceal the Assassin insignia. When you see Connor's normal outfit, he does have an eagle imprint on his hood, but the insignia is much more iconic.

I get that it's only an outfit, but it takes me out of the experience when I imagine that Connor's going to be walking about with a large "Kill me!" sign on his head.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:03 AM
I'm sorry, but I can't help but agree.

I respect you and all, but you've become very snide towards others. I know I can sometimes come across as stubborn, but you show it more so than I do.

And to LoyalACFan, I really hate the hat too. It's like they haven't even tried to conceal the Assassin insignia. When you see Connor's normal outfit, he does have an eagle imprint on his hood, but the insignia is much more iconic.

I get that it's only an outfit, but it takes me out of the experience when I imagine that Connor's going to be walking about with a large "Kill me!" sign on his head.
Uh so I guess i`ll PM you too

morpheusPrime08
08-26-2012, 09:06 AM
You asked how did we end up with this thing and i told you to deal with it because there is nothing we can do about it.. Because I hate it too and I thought the same as you..

Wow.. Thanks, man

May I ask how a man like you, from Egypt, became so............ adequite with English?

WolfTemplar94
08-26-2012, 09:06 AM
The pony tail being added o the hat makes it looks so much cooler in my opinion.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:20 AM
May I ask how a man like you, from Egypt, became so............ adequite with English?
I speak every language there is..

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 09:29 AM
obviously these outfits are about gay pride
Uhhh Dud Dud.. We have Gay people here..
Don`t be like that

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 09:31 AM
The pony tail being added o the hat makes it looks so much cooler in my opinion.

Much as I despise the outfit in general, I'm curious to see how they pull of the physics of that ponytail thing. Long hair is one of the most difficult things to animate realistically, and I've already seen numerous instances of clipping in the gameplay trailers and such. The outfit already sucks, IMO, but it'll suck way worse if Connor has a horse tail clipping through his face every time you equip it :p

rob.davies2014
08-26-2012, 09:53 AM
I prefer the new Colonial outfit for many of the reasons already mentioned; the original concept was too similar to his normal outfit, the new outfit suits the colonial look more and it's got a cool ponytail.
Furthermore, I didn't like the original concept because the buttons were done up to high and I thought the Assassins Insignia looked out of place positioned as it was. One last point, bows slung over the back and cloaks don't go well together, in my opinion.

POP1Fan
08-26-2012, 09:59 AM
It's like they took the concept art and puked on it.

lukaszep
08-26-2012, 10:34 AM
That concept art wasn't for Colonial Assassin. It was an original concept for Connor.
I assumed the Colonial Assassin outfit was for multiplayer for some reason? Anyway, these are optional outfits, like Raiden in AC:B and Desmond in AC2 onwards, you don't HAVE to have them. Some people like them, some people don't. Get over it.

PS I like the Aquila one.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 10:48 AM
At least we get to see Connors manly legs in shorts!

jiajen
08-26-2012, 10:57 AM
At least we get to see Connors manly legs in shorts!

Yeah but it kind of loses its appeal when he's wearing old man socks :P

lukaszep
08-26-2012, 10:59 AM

Some people like that sort of thing

jiajen
08-26-2012, 11:13 AM
Some people like that sort of thing

Well, they can keep on liking that sort of thing :) It just doesn't appeal to me at all.

Anyway, apart from the weird ponytail hat, that colonial assassin also intrigues me because it's quite obviously modelled on a ranger's uniform. Groups like Butler's rangers specialized in guerilla warfare and were influenced by native americans. I'll be interested to see if they actually get included as an archetype and how they behave.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 11:17 AM

Actually I think they are tights :(

jiajen
08-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Actually I think they are tights :(

Technically they're stockings, which were worn by both genders. But I call these ones old man socks because they have vertical stripes.

xXConnorzzXx
08-26-2012, 11:53 AM
If you guys don't like the outfits, then don't wear them, i highly doubt they are going to force you to wear them.
For the record, I think the colonial outfit looks cool, apart from the obvious sign saying "HEY, IM AN ASSASSIN"

FirestarLuva
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM
I think both outfits look great. :P

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 12:25 PM
My Black Ops clan tag is YMCA... it is also in pink :D

Stroonzje
08-26-2012, 12:42 PM
I like it, it's just that it doesnt fit the iconic 'mysterious hooded man' like the other outfits. I think thats why most people dont like it

ToniTorsi
08-26-2012, 01:31 PM
It wasn't historically uncommon, I guess, but yeah, it looks weird.

It looks uncommon, not weird ;)

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 01:51 PM
So wait, correct me if I'm wrong, the Aquilla uniform we saw in the naval warefare demo, is NOT the real one? And that the one with the shorts is? Sorry if I misunderstood what's been said..

Slayer_WTF
08-26-2012, 02:12 PM
http://www.srcalifornia.com/uniforms/p24f.jpg

Blind2Society
08-26-2012, 02:27 PM
I think it looks awesome. I would much rather have the one we're getting than that concept art.

Blind2Society
08-26-2012, 02:34 PM

This

SixKeys
08-26-2012, 02:40 PM
It's definitely false advertising that the concept art of Connor in his native outfit was advertised as being the Colonial one. That outfit was one of the reasons I ordered the edition I did and I'm not happy I'm getting something else entirely. It's like asking for an Alta´r skin and getting the Armor of Brutus instead.

I think my only real beef with the Colonial outfit is the hat. They could have at least tried to make the assassin symbol less conspicuous. In the Ezio games it worked because it was much more decorated around the edges, plus it was the Renaissance era when everybody walked around with flashy designs on their clothes. This symbol is very plain and looks very much like a corporate logo, not something that could be a random decorative design.

I actually like the ponytail, it's dfiferent. I just hope the animation of it flapping in the wind won't look too bad.

I don't mind the captain's oufit either although I prefer the one we've seen in the demos. Remember that these could still be non-finalized concept designs and slightly different from what we will actually see in the game.

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 03:18 PM
This was always going to be the 'colonial outfit' it's a shame they didn't advertise properly http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18758iD9BE8E8A6E47E4AD/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

deskp
08-26-2012, 03:51 PM
For the captain outfit.. the old design is in everyones game, while this new look we see is for the preorder ULC.

The old concept art is for the captain outfit seen in demos.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 03:58 PM
This was always going to be the 'colonial outfit' it's a shame they didn't advertise properly http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18758iD9BE8E8A6E47E4AD/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

Totally forgot about this, when was this released again?

itsamea-mario
08-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Well, the colonial assassin outfit makes sense, that concept doesn't since it looks more native than the standard outfit.

As for that captain outfit, my only real quarrel is the shorts, shorts are silly.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 04:00 PM
Well, the colonial assassin outfit makes sense, that concept doesn't since it looks more native than the standard outfit.

As for that captain outfit, my only real quarrel is the shorts, shorts are silly.

I am wearing shorts right now :(

itsamea-mario
08-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I am wearing shorts right now :(

You are silly. despite being sensible.

BBALive
08-26-2012, 04:08 PM
The new Captain of the Aquila outfit might be an alternate outfit.

The one we see Connor wearing in the demos could be the default. I honestly doubt they'd alter the outfit we've seen in the demos this late in development, so I think that this one is just a downloadable alternate version.

Who knows, the Native outfit might be in as well.

The hat on the Colonial Assassin outfit is horrible. The outfit would look pretty nice without it.

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
the colonial outfit is kinda cool (just the hat that is a little weird.. :p) but the outfit from the concept art should definitely be in the game as well... :)

and it looks like Connor has wood legs in the Aquila outfit.. lol

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 04:17 PM
Totally forgot about this, when was this released again?

Well I found it in a thread which was posted on the second of this month, don't know when it was released though. Back when AC3 was revealed in march in London, in one of the demos he was wearing this, and the devs apparently said this was originally planned as the main outfit, but later they decided to change into the hood because being an assassin was a 'job' and that the hooded outfit was their uniform.

MangoCookies
08-26-2012, 04:45 PM
I like the skin. At least we have the option of wearing a hat instead of a hood.

lukaszep
08-26-2012, 05:16 PM
Captain Aquila is a pre-order bonus :)

http://g-ecx.images-amazon.com/images/G/02/uk-videogames/2012/AC3_ULC_01_TO_03._V149368284_.jpg

F4H bandicoot
08-26-2012, 05:19 PM
I really like the how the Colonial outfit looks.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-26-2012, 05:31 PM
http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826020559/assassinscreed/images/d/d9/Colonial_Assassin_PA-HR.png
Well, to be honest it looks better than we saw it last time:
http://community.futureshop.ca/t5/image/serverpage/image-id/18758iD9BE8E8A6E47E4AD/image-size/original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

The Mohawk-styled hair piece we didn't see before saves this outfit, otherwise, it would just look like a standard colonial uniform.

But I still prefer the concept, wish the pre-order outfits were more Native-styled or at least heavily influenced, not more on the Colonial side...

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 05:39 PM
So wait, correct me if I'm wrong, the Aquilla uniform we saw in the naval warefare demo, is NOT the real one? And that the one with the shorts is? Sorry if I misunderstood what's been said..

The one you saw in the Naval demos was the default skin for the sailing missions, just like Ezio's temporary disguises in ACB/ACR. It may or may not be the same thing as the preorder skin, we don't know yet. The preorder skin might just be the ability to wear that temporary disguise whenever you wanted, or it might be something entirely different.

Mr_Shade
08-26-2012, 06:46 PM
This is why concept artwork - and outfits seen in pre-alpha footage should never be assumed to be the final version - or in the game at all..

They go through many stages to decide just what will make it into the game and which design..

So, best thing to do, is use any images you see - as a rough idea.. and wait for the final game ;)

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 06:51 PM
So, best thing to do, is use any images you see - as a rough idea.. and wait for the final game ;)
Forgive me, but.. Im not one for complaining or anything, and I usually am convinced by what you say, but not this time...

I mean, the Colonial outfit.. rough idea ? The final and Pre-alpha are 2 COMPLETELY different outfits and to be honest, if its not in the final game, don't show it at all, because that ends up being some sort of false advertisement, I mean look at the guys who pre-ordered for that outfit, thinking that this MAY be what they`ll get...they get a completely different thing

Mr_Shade
08-26-2012, 06:53 PM
Forgive me, but.. Im not one for complaining or anything, and I usually am convinced by what you say, but not this time...

I mean, the Colonial outfit.. rough idea ? The final and Pre-alpha are 2 COMPLETELY different outfits and to be honest, if its not in the final game, don't show it at all, because that ends up being some sort of false advertisement, I mean look at the guys who pre-ordered for that outfit, thinking that this MAY be what they`ll get...they get a completely different thing

Rough idea = there is an outfit called that name.. or for that purpose..

Not that a button has been added.. or it's alter in colour..

Designs can be radically different.. from first draft to final..

Any artwork maybe subject to change, while the game is still in production.

If people feel misled about any of Ubisofts advertising, then I can pass on complaints.

deskp
08-26-2012, 06:57 PM
This is why concept artwork - and outfits seen in pre-alpha footage should never be assumed to be the final version - or in the game at all..

They go through many stages to decide just what will make it into the game and which design..

Certainly BUT when it comes to advertising pre order bonuses and such they really should be displaying the final product.

In this case tho i really prefer these recent images to the concept art.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Rough idea = there is an outfit called that name.. or for that purpose..

Not that a button has been added.. or it's alter in colour..

Designs can be radically different.. from first draft to final..

People read a lot into somethings which are leaked or released as art work- many assume they are in the game, when in fact they maynot be..
Well, the rough Idea should not have been attached with a Pre-alpha Artwork.. just give the name and wait for a time to show the Final Render.

Also, Leaked ? How were they supposed to know it was leaked ? they saw it on, say... Play or Best buy.. How are they supposed to know ? If it WAS leaked, then why not warn people ? Tell them "Do not drool over this, because that is a draft and It may or may not be in the final game"

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 07:03 PM
I don't think the hat looks that bad. And honestly, Assassins have always been easily identifiable when seen. That's why they don't get seen.

People wanting a more native design: it says COLONIAL. Also it's probably that you'll get most native-looking outfits from just unlocking them in the game.

People saying it was misleading: the colonial assassin outfit picture they showed before looked exactly the same as the normal outfit. I didn't get that excited about it BECAUSE of that. So yeah, it was misleading.

MT4K
08-26-2012, 07:03 PM
My only issue with it is the fact that it is advertised on the actual Editions of the game that you buy. Even if it was just a temp thing they really should change it now to the real outfit.

Mr_Shade
08-26-2012, 07:05 PM
Ubisoft does try to correct retailers displaying placeholder artwork as soon as possible - if they were showing the wrong info, but I'm sorry it is down to them to correct it and make it right - if they displayed the wrong contents / artwork.

For the official Ubisoft Adverts - they should be changed - if in fact these new outfits are the correct ones.

These are listed as pre-order skins - so I will inform the correct team.

If people feel mislead, then I can only apologise, on behalf of ubisoft - and see if we have an official reason why some artwork may have changed on official Ubisoft advertisements.

F4H bandicoot
08-26-2012, 07:06 PM
Which editions are these coming with???

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
So that silly looking outfit with Connor in shorts is the actual Aquilla's uniform? LOL wasn't expecting that. Though I can't complain, it's a free pre-order bonus on Amazon! :P

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:41 PM
So that silly looking outfit with Connor in shorts is the actual Aquilla's uniform? LOL wasn't expecting that. Though I can't complain, it's a free pre-order bonus on Amazon! :P
Silly ? More like historically accurate..

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Silly ? More like historically accurate..

Historically accurate, but silly. Society has changed. What was considered the norm for appearance back then, is (in my opinion) silly now. I mean wouldn't you laugh if you saw people walking around in tricorn hats today?

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:47 PM
Historically accurate, but silly. Society has changed. What was considered the norm for appearance back then, is (in my opinion) silly now. I mean wouldn't you laugh if you saw people walking around in tricorn hats today?
Yes, Today i would..

But I'm playing as an Assassin during the 1700s.. So no its not "Silly"
Had they showed Desmond wearing it, then Yes.. Silly. Just like they have a Desmond skin during the Renaissance.. now that was Silly -_-

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 07:48 PM
Yes, Today i would..

But I'm playing as an Assassin during the 1700s.. So no its not "Silly"
Had they showed Desmond wearing it, then Yes.. Silly. Just like they have a Desmond skin during the Renaissance.. now that was Silly -_-

Still looks silly.

deskp
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
@Mr_Shade: Thanks for the clarification!

My retailer has both of these a bonus, *happy*

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:49 PM
Still looks silly.
Haha xD

Okay

Blind2Society
08-26-2012, 08:18 PM
They're not shorts, they are knickers (yes the term also refers to women's underwear). They were a common piece of clothing back then and many golfers today still wear them.

YRTEP
08-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Are you sure the outfits are official?
Because the pics originate from this page (http://bledri.tumblr.com/) and were posted on facebook (by AC-Turkey) yesterday.
Probably they are just fan art. :rolleyes:

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 11:35 PM
Are you sure the outfits are official?
Because the pics originate from this page (http://bledri.tumblr.com/) and were posted on facebook (by AC-Turkey) yesterday.
Probably they are just fan art. :rolleyes:

Nope, they're on Ubi's official preorder page.

YRTEP
08-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Nope, they're on Ubi's official preorder page.
Okay, I haven't seen that... ;)