PDA

View Full Version : Is Assassin's Creed 3's ending obvious?

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 09:10 PM
Well that's the question. Is Assassin's Creed 3's ending to obvious? We know that Desmond is trying to stop doomsday on the 21st December 2012 and to me it seems obvious that he will.

My main reason is firstly how would we get to replay memories of Connor with everyone dead? My second reason is all of the past games would be pointless if Desmond failed anyway.

If the world did end though, then what? A rewind function where it rewinds you to the last point of exiting the Animus before the world blows up? That would seem a bit odd for an AC game. I guess they could pull something like Desmond survives and is the first person to have mastered not having to be in the animus and relive memories. Although that would mess up the pause menu of the game as it is usually in the style of the corresponding Animus that Desmond is in.

AdrianJacek
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
1. We do not know what's inside the Grand Temple
2. There's still the Eye-Abstergo...

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 09:21 PM
I hope not.

TheHumanTowel
08-25-2012, 09:22 PM
There was no explanation for why Desmond is back in the animus after the end of ACR. They could just do the same here. I do think he'll save the world though but this series is known for it's jaw dropping endings and I don't think they'll disappoint here. I'm expecting something unexpected if you know what I mean.

dxsxhxcx
08-25-2012, 09:50 PM
if I'm not wrong not everyone died when the same thing (if I'm not wrong is the same thing) happened during TWCB time...

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Oh I cannot begin to describe this thread. its like people are looking for something to be disappointed about, just about ANYTHING in EVERYTHING. Why ? Just why ? Well as far as i`m concerned, nothing is obvious until you spot it out, so Congratulations, you just spoiled the whole game for everyone here, now I`ll go have a Barbecue with a GOD **** PIG !!

B_Crispino
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
I don't remember them saying the world would be destroyed...

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 09:58 PM
Yeah the world will be saved but there are other secrets that arent revealed, and i am sure that ubisfot know what they are doing

lukaszep
08-25-2012, 10:02 PM
My main reason is firstly how would we get to replay memories of Connor with everyone dead? My second reason is all of the past games would be pointless if Desmond failed anyway.

Obviously we relive Desmond's memories as Connor before the solar flare, why the hell would it be afterwards? Clearly Desmond is trying to find something that happened or a solution Connor discovered in his life time.
The past games would not be pointless if Desmond failed. The story could easily continue. There is no reason to assume the disaster will be prevented, or the earth will be prevented. Nothing is true, Everything is permitted. Plenty of stories don't end happily ever after.

There is also Eye-Abstergo to think about anyway, so the ending, is anyone's guess.

kudos17
08-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Oh I cannot begin to describe this thread. its like people are looking for something to be disappointed about, just about ANYTHING in EVERYTHING. Why ? Just why ? Well as far as i`m concerned, nothing is obvious until you spot it out, so Congratulations, you just spoiled the whole game for everyone here, now I`ll go have a Barbecue with a GOD **** PIG !!

Nobody said they were disappointed. In fact, nobody was saying anything overly negative at all, they were just having a simple discussion, and you come through tearing apart the thread regardless.

Anyway... I don't see why people use the "How would we replay memories?" excuse. Revelations already proved that wasn't necessary. It has to be there for gameplay reasons. I don't want to have to restart the whole game to play through a memory, and I'm sure no one here does, either.

I don't picture that being a problem though, because the whole series has been building up to Desmond saving the world, one way or another. Whether or not that ends with his death, we'll see, but I doubt it will mean the end of the world. Maybe just the end of the world as we know it.

Calvarok
08-25-2012, 10:24 PM
It's ALWAYS obvious in most types of stories that the hero will win. The thing we don't know is how. The journey is what makes it great.

I would think that everyone here has read or watched or played enough stories to understand this, so I don't know why this topic exists.

As for how Desmond would play Connor after the world ends, you seem to be under the assumption that Desmond finishes his story and then just ****s around with Connor for a bit. I don't think that's right, I think that Conner has something important to Desmond's quest in his life, and Desmond hunts for it in the animus in-between his own missions.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 10:29 PM
As for how Desmond would play Connor after the world ends, you seem to be under the assumption that Desmond finishes his story and then just ****s around with Connor for a bit.

Actually you are under the assumption that you think I am under the assumption that I think that, which I don't. I just meant for our sake to play as Connor after the storyline, not Desmonds.

Calvarok
08-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I said "you seem". Meaning I was not sure if you understood. Ok. But yeah, Desmond will win.

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 10:51 PM
Nobody said they were disappointed. In fact, nobody was saying anything overly negative at all, they were just having a simple discussion, and you come through tearing apart the thread regardless.

Oh an Obvious ending, how Positive.

Are you kidding me ?

kudos17
08-25-2012, 11:00 PM
Oh an Obvious ending, how Positive.

Are you kidding me ?

Nope.

Read through the OP a few times. You'll see nothing negative at all. He, at best, asked if the ending was "too obvious", which isn't a negative question in and of itself. Nobody here is saying, "It's so obvious! The ending is too obvious! It's gonna suck!"

Honestly, obvious does not equal bad anyway. An ending can be obvious and still really good.

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 11:06 PM
Nope.

Read through the OP a few times. You'll see nothing negative at all. He, at best, asked if the ending was "too obvious", which isn't a negative question in and of itself. Nobody here is saying, "It's so obvious! The ending is too obvious! It's gonna suck!"

Honestly, obvious does not equal bad anyway. An ending can be obvious and still really good.
Are you just looking for something to argue with me about ? When EVER was an obvious ending, a positive thing ? No body liked ACR`s Ending because, in their eyes, there was no surprises (i.e obvious) but hey, here`s you "Nope, People hated ACR`s ending because -----> Insert here crazy reason that I probably would not comprehend because I don't have a brain" (referring to me)

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 11:20 PM
Are you just looking for something to argue with me about ?

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000239818/polls_its_a_conspiracy_0548_471334_answer_1_xlarge .jpeg

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 11:23 PM
http://images.sodahead.com/polls/000239818/polls_its_a_conspiracy_0548_471334_answer_1_xlarge .jpeg
Of course it is, everyone here hates me.. EVERYONE.. OH THE INHUMANITY !!

On-topic: The ending is not obvious as people have stated with various, valid and very Plausible reasons..The end

SteelCity999
08-25-2012, 11:46 PM
I think we need to keep obvious in context and perspective. Yeah, the world will most likely be saved but that is really only a small part of the story and is a result of a slew of actions that don't necessarliy have to be a certain way. It's also only relevant if AC wants the franchise to keep going. Everything else is not so obvious at all. Desmond may or may not die. Desmond may not even be the one to save the world - it could end up being someone else.

The templars have one agenda and the assasins have another. What if the ending is actually Daniel saving the world and backstabbing Vidic? because Desmond is dead....?? You could go on and on so there is nothing obvious about it.

kudos17
08-26-2012, 03:17 AM
Are you just looking for something to argue with me about ? When EVER was an obvious ending, a positive thing ? No body liked ACR`s Ending because, in their eyes, there was no surprises (i.e obvious) but hey, here`s you "Nope, People hated ACR`s ending because -----> Insert here crazy reason that I probably would not comprehend because I don't have a brain" (referring to me)

You literally walked into the thread insulting this topic because of how you think people "look for anything to be disappointed about", and you call me the argumentative one? Pot, meet kettle.

And I definitely think there are plenty of endings that can be obvious and good. Some stories need mystery to be shrouded in mystery because that's part of the fun, but that doesn't mean it's an absolute necessity.

For example, when you play a game with a great surprise ending, and then play it again, is it any less good? Yes, the surprise is gone, but the ending is just as emotionally strong. In fact, you just said that yourself, basically. Revelations had no real surprises in the ending, but the part where Ezio retires is still one of the most beautiful scenes in the series.

Stroonzje
08-26-2012, 03:22 AM
Of course it is, everyone here hates me.. EVERYONE.. OH THE INHUMANITY !!

On-topic: The ending is not obvious as people have stated with various, valid and very Plausible reasons..The end

Can you just stop, you come here LOOKING for an argument. and the fact is yes most people do not like you because your becoming hasooon, and maybe we want to talk about the ending? not have someone sum it all up and put an end to it. Thats why its called a D-I-S-S-C-U-S-I-O-N

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 03:26 AM
You literally walked into the thread insulting this topic
Ah Ah Ah.... Do not try to accuse me of something I didn't do.. that is just wrong, and you know what I do to naughty people who falsely accuse ? that's right....I show them my Swagger.... and that killed millions.... Literally... Millions.

Hell, If I insulted the topic, OP(Pacmanate) would`v been all over my A-double-S right about now, mods would`v given me a warning and I would`v been flailing around angrily..

But did any of that happen ? No..... except the part where I flail around angrily...

Can you just stop,

most people do not like you

your becoming hasooon,
Ooooh that one is new..

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 03:48 AM
Here's a theory I haven't read yet, we play as Desmond's son either after Desmond has saved the world and possibly either died from it or just moved on with his life. Or Desmond fails, and his son is one of the few who survives and is now using an animus that is still intact. Maybe if the world does come to an end, there will be a new struggle against the remaining templars for power over the new world being birthed. But there really are a lot possible endings if you go beyond the fact of whether Desmond succeeds or not. I for one as a fan see games as a piece of art created with much care and dedication so I know I won't bicker regardless of the outcome just like I didn't complain about Mass Effect after investing hundreds of hours into a story I grew to love. You can love it or you can hate but it's their work so they can do as they please.

matheus_737
08-26-2012, 04:06 AM
will not be obvious, none AC ending is and its very good to me an unbelivable final with something tragic happen like the world blows up or a fell people surviving, Desmond been killed by Daniel and complete or not his mission it would be sad if he failed but i wish and I konow there gonna some surprise I trust Corey May!!

kudos17
08-26-2012, 04:06 AM
...you literally walked into this thread insulting the topic...

Ah Ah Ah.... Do not try to accuse me of something I didn't do.. that is just wrong, and you know what I do to naughty people who falsely accuse ?

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Oh wow... Thank you for quoting my Post.. Its not like I typed it or anything..

Where Oh where is the insult ?

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 04:13 AM

You're fat, ugly bloke who can't ever pull some hot a**
Hope that fills your appetite.

just lookin out for ya M

xXConnorzzXx
08-26-2012, 04:20 AM
While it may be a little obvious that the world wont end, Its how they prevent it from ending which is the exiting parts, also we have dont know what we will find inside the temple.

HisSpiritLives
08-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Oh can you stay on topic please , and i think that you should stop arguing.:D

Legendz54
08-26-2012, 11:06 AM
I trust ubisoft to deliver us an awesome ending.

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 11:11 AM
I trust ubisoft to deliver us an awesome ending.

So do I! I suspect there to be loads of twists in the final few moments where there will be a rush like "**** we were too late!" "NOOOOOOOOO! MUST SAKRIFICE MYSELF"

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2012, 11:54 AM
I hope we have a twist involving TWCB and Desmond doesn't die and become the Mentor of Order... but I'm more curious about this "person" that "will accompany Desmond through the gate" than what'll happen in the end of the game... :p

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I hope we have a twist involving TWCB and Desmond doesn't die and become the Mentor of Order... but I'm more curious about this "person" that "will accompany Desmond through the gate" than what'll happen in the end of the game... :p

If this somehow leaks before I finish the game I will castrate that person.

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2012, 11:58 AM
If this somehow leaks before I finish the game I will castrate that person.

welcome to the world of the PC players... :p

HisSpiritLives
08-26-2012, 12:37 PM
This is my opinion Desmon dies, and world is saved, dont know exactly how and that will be suprise.

GLHS
08-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Honestly, I really don't think any of it is obvious. As has been said before, Ubisoft and AC are known for people expecting them to go one way, and completely going somewhere different. Considering it's AC, there are multiple ways Desmond's story could end. Personally, I've always had this feeling that he will die, so I won't be completely shocked if it happens. But the manner in which it happens may still be shocking. As far as the world being saved, that's not really obvious either. It could be saved from the solar flare, but they fail to prevent Eye-Abstergo from launching, so the New World starts, and they'll have to face what comes next. Or, they could stop both, maybe killing both Vidic and Desmond in the process, or one, or neither. Desmond could kill Vidic, save the world, and become Mentor. Desmond could save the world and die, and Vidic still lives, then in subsequent games, we could be a new protagonist, and continue the fight against Vidic and Abstergo, etc., etc., etc. It could go so many different ways. But whatever does happen, I trust that they will deliver an epic ending fitting for the series.

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Okay, I am going to give my personal thought on what could happen maybe Phil could die....

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 01:10 PM
I hate it when the lead character dies. I wouldn't mind a sacrifice, but I don't think Desmond has ever shown the balls.

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 01:13 PM
The franchise shouldn't end just yet I believe. :/

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Honestly, I really don't think any of it is obvious. As has been said before, Ubisoft and AC are known for people expecting them to go one way, and completely going somewhere different. Considering it's AC, there are multiple ways Desmond's story could end. Personally, I've always had this feeling that he will die, so I won't be completely shocked if it happens. But the manner in which it happens may still be shocking. As far as the world being saved, that's not really obvious either. It could be saved from the solar flare, but they fail to prevent Eye-Abstergo from launching, so the New World starts, and they'll have to face what comes next. Or, they could stop both, maybe killing both Vidic and Desmond in the process, or one, or neither. Desmond could kill Vidic, save the world, and become Mentor. Desmond could save the world and die, and Vidic still lives, then in subsequent games, we could be a new protagonist, and continue the fight against Vidic and Abstergo, etc., etc., etc. It could go so many different ways. But whatever does happen, I trust that they will deliver an epic ending fitting for the series.

I hope he doesn't die (I don't think he deserve this), IMO it would be a better ending if he become the Mentor of the Order and Abstergo has success in lauching the satellite like you said, IMO this could give the opportunity for them to focus a little more in the modern days and make the new protagonist more interesting than Desmond was (if they plan to introduce a new modern day character and continue from where Desmond will stop) and make him/her really be part of the story and not just a plot device used to explore the strong point of the franchise that is the ancestor life, also it would be nice play with a new character knowing that the old one is still around somewhere and see old characters and events being mentioned like Shaun, S16, the great purge, etc... IMO this would give a strong sense of continuity to the story and wouldn't make the new story looks like it's happening in a different universe than Desmond's...

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I don't think Desmond's story should come to an end, when Ezio gets 3 games, but he is a total badass, however you see where I am coming from.

Sick_one12
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM
I trust Corey May to deliver an awesome ending to the Desmond Saga:DWell as long as they dont kill off Desmond ill be satisfied.I would really hate it if he dies after 5 long years and games.I think i wouldnt want to replay the whole series again knowing that desmond dies at the end...it just gives a feeling that everything Desmond does is in vain since he cant live long enough to see the results of everything he fought for:(

If AC was only 1 game and he dies i wouldnt mind,but after staying with him for 5 years/games,that would just be ****ty(a bioware game comes to my mind,but theres no reason to compare both series bc theyre totally different game types)

Also i still dont know why the humans should trust TWCB,because they really have no rason to help humanity since,they were the ones who "betrayed",fought and killed most of TWCB in the first place(if i got that right);)

dxsxhxcx
08-26-2012, 01:54 PM
I don't think Desmond's story should come to an end, when Ezio gets 3 games, but he is a total badass, however you see where I am coming from.

Desmond has five games, they just decided to focus more on the ancestor's life than in the modern days and IMO it would be lame if Desmond saved the world this time and then another event of this proportion happen and he should save the world again, if I wanted to be a superhero constantly stopping the bad guys and "saving the day" I would play a superhero game like Batman AA/AC.

ps: I'm not saying superhero games are bad, I just don't expect this from an AC game...

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 02:09 PM
Yeah, but what I mean is like a game totally based on Desmond, not on his ancestry.

infamous_ezio
08-26-2012, 03:34 PM
I think it's quite obvious that desmond is going to save the world. However how he does it is what i'm looking forward to. There's so many things to consider, the abstergo satellite, daniel cross's part, TWCB story, adam, eve and all that. I wander if desmonds 'son' will have anything to do with it. I really can't wait, i know i'll be amazed.

kudos17
08-26-2012, 04:36 PM

If you couldn't see my point than I'm not going to bother arguing and further derailing the thread.

SteelCity999
08-26-2012, 05:44 PM
I think the end of the world is also a pretty loose term. In AC:R, the end of the world as they knew was shown but people survived. So given the same context, Desmond could fail and AC could continue as a struggle to gain control over what's left. You never know, Desmond could be singing R.E.M. at the end as well cuz he feels fine.

POP1Fan
08-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Of course it is. I mean, it's a real let down... the whole series leading up to this... I don't even know what to say!

Oh... wait... I haven't seen the ending, the game isn't out yet!
Joking aside, I think that the ending will turn out to either be one of the biggest masterpieces in gaming, or the biggest let down.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Yeah, but what I mean is like a game totally based on Desmond, not on his ancestry.
It's always been about what Desmond can learn from his ancestry. And there will never be a game that is just modern segments. The animus will always be the main gameplay in Assassin's Creed. They've said this many times.

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 08:11 PM

I would settle with a dlc add-on where we only play as Desmond in the present day while he's an assassin. I think about 4 hours of content of him either breaking back into abstergo or fighting abstergo in a smaller open world would suffice. This would have made a lot more sense to be a dlc add on for AC revelations though which could have been a cooler way to reveal the secrets the lost archives did (almost like Mass Effect 2's Arrival dlc leading into the next game), and come up with some reason why Desmond couldn't get into the Grand Temple just yet. But then of course people would still complain it wasn't part of the main game.

SteelCity999
08-26-2012, 10:15 PM
I think it's funny the similarities between series that are not at all related. For instance, Harry Potter, the main character, was nothing more than a tool and was by and large manipulated for a future purpose much the same exact way Desmond is being manipulated in the AC franchise. I can't believe that we will see something unique for an ending but I hope, as Alex has mentioned, that it will be true to the franchise in context of the game. That's really all I care about...no cheese please.

Black_Widow9
08-26-2012, 11:34 PM
I think it's funny the similarities between series that are not at all related. For instance, Harry Potter, the main character, was nothing more than a tool and was by and large manipulated for a future purpose much the same exact way Desmond is being manipulated in the AC franchise. I can't believe that we will see something unique for an ending but I hope, as Alex has mentioned, that it will be true to the franchise in context of the game. That's really all I care about...no cheese please.
Are you saying the ending of Harry Potter was cheesy? What! lol

SteelCity999
08-26-2012, 11:44 PM
Are you saying the ending of Harry Potter was cheesy? What! lol

I was impressed that she could keep things together over that span of a narrative and have them come together properly. So I would give HP a no cheese rating....;)

I hope Corey May and team can do the same. The last cheese endings I know from experience are Star Wars Unleashed 2 and Killzone 3 - I was like really?????? on both of those.

ImPinheadDan
08-27-2012, 02:12 AM
I hate it when the lead character dies. I wouldn't mind a sacrifice, but I don't think Desmond has ever shown the balls.

Pretty much this.

anik_lc
08-27-2012, 02:49 PM
It should have been ended with Desmond Miles saving the World from perishing on December 21st! But with the new fashion of this century called DLC, there could be slight stuffs left to discover.