PDA

View Full Version : What do you want to happen in 2013?

ajl992008
08-25-2012, 12:16 PM
vote in the poll what you want to happen for ac in 2013 and write your reason why.

Slayer_WTF
08-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Dlc.

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 01:39 PM
DLC :D They can make brand new AC game for 1 year :D

SixKeys
08-25-2012, 03:04 PM
DLC would be fine as long as it's not stretched into a whole new game. I'd rather take a break.

BBALive
08-25-2012, 03:50 PM
Expansions. New weapons, new outfits, new quest-lines and new side-content.

If they just use 2013 to support AC3 with new content, and release the next game in 2014 (so a 2 year dev cycle), then I'll be happy.

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Expansions. New weapons, new outfits, new quest-lines and new side-content.

If they just use 2013 to support AC3 with new content, and release the next game in 2014 (so a 2 year dev cycle), then I'll be happy.

DLC with some new wepons little new gameplay features , it will be good DLC until AC4 comes out

ToniTorsi
08-25-2012, 04:10 PM
I want Ubisoft Montreal to Really go hard on DLC for ACIII :p

For both Single Player and Multiplayer. Especially an increased focus on Single Player Downloadable Content. They've never really shown much interest for SP DLC, which is odd given how a strong story-focused game like AC could definitely benefit from expansions and such. Just as long as they don't do what they did for ACII where DNA sequences were cut for obvious DLC money grabs, and some were forced to buy those to find out what happened with the story.

I honestly, am one of the many the share the popular belief that that kind of shady DLC business should not be enforced on the fans. It's just nonsensical considering how well AC sells. -__-

But regardless, I'm a hardcore fan of AC, I want them to create juicy expansions with a lot of stuff packed in them (like Bethesda does) but at a reasonable price.

A very well made SP expansion pack with a lot of stuff packed into them (new areas to explore, new abilities, new enemies, new outfits/items/weapons, new assassin guild commands, new horses, new mechanics, etc) for $20 dollars sounds extremely nice. :cool:

lukaszep
08-25-2012, 05:36 PM
I would rather they didn't release anything next year, but I know they need to, and will do.
It's obvious there's going to be another two games spinning off from AC3 similar to Brotherhood and Revelations, probably in the same time period (I'm predicting the Indian wars in the 1800's e.g. Little big horn, Ghost dance). Just because it's unlikely there will be a new, or largely different assassin to Connor.

So I voted DLC, but I know it won't happen. The problem for Ubisoft with DLC is that not every gamer has access to online, which is unfair and means less money making. So probably a complete on disc title.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 05:37 PM
If Ubisoft go "soft" on DLC this year for THIS game I will be so disappointed. They have that new season pass so hopefully we get something good. I do NOT think that AC3 should be supported by Multiplayer only DLC.

As one of Ubisofts videos state, this is the most highly anticipated title in gaming history. If they decide to "support" the game with DLC it better not be multiplayer. AC multiplayer is not even that successful. Sure its fun for a while but after 4 months of game release, the servers drop in numbers of people to play with.

They NEED to do a mix of stuff they did with AC2 and Brotherhood. What I mean by this, is that maybe adding in some sequences (this time I won't mind given the 30 hour length), and also something like the Da Vinci Disappearance where missions focus primarily on one thing.

ALSO, and this is the most important. I do NOT want an AC game next year for consoles. It would be utterly ridiculous. It took them 3 years to do such a massive game, new mechanics, story, EVERYTHING. Alex said that every time a new game came out they hope it is better than the last. I find it very difficult to believe that you can beat AC3 with a one year dev cycle.

ajl992008
08-25-2012, 06:36 PM
Guys your forgetting that it may not be a 1 year cycle, for example they could have made another team comprised of people who worked on brotherhood and revelations to start work in 2011 resulting in a 2 year dev cycle. I would like another ac game in 2013 but it has to be a spin off title which people won't need to play in order to understand the next big ac game. This way people who want a break can take it and people who want more can have it, alternitavely I want there to be proper dlc support and I mean expansion packs with new locations to explore, I don't simply want mission packs. For example have a large expansion pack for $20-30 set in new Orleans, have it b the size of Florence and have a 7-10 hour campaign based on it. If we are not given something on this level then im sorry but then I would rather have a new game, again have it as a spin off so it doesnt effect other fans.

He is my theory on how it will work:

2010: brotherhood team

2011:revelations team

2012: ac3 team

The brotherhood team work on ac2014( next big game) because they are more experienced to the revelations team which had a lot of new people
resulting in a 4 year dev cycle for next gen.

The revelations team being a less experienced team work on the 2013 spin off, 2 year dev Cycle.

Ac3 team work on main sequel for 2015 (3 year dev cycle)

Ths is just an example of the possible scenario, ibis oft has set up yearly sequel with enough dev time to make great games. But I understand people need s break which is why if there is a game in 2013 it has to be a spin off.

pacmanate
08-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Brotherhood and revelations had the same team. AC2 and AC3 had the core team.

lukaszep
08-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Don't forget, AC3's 3 years in development included building an entirely new engine, so it's not really fair to say that a game on a 1-2 year development cycle has no chance of being better than AC3.
AC2 was in development for less time than AC1 (AC1 from early development to release)

Also I vaguely remember it being said somewhere (I think it was one of the first Game Informer interviews) that the Brotherhood team split, one half working on AC:R and the other half going on to AC3.

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 07:58 PM
If Ubisoft go "soft" on DLC this year for THIS game I will be so disappointed. They have that new season pass so hopefully we get something good. I do NOT think that AC3 should be supported by Multiplayer only DLC.

As one of Ubisofts videos state, this is the most highly anticipated title in gaming history. If they decide to "support" the game with DLC it better not be multiplayer. AC multiplayer is not even that successful. Sure its fun for a while but after 4 months of game release, the servers drop in numbers of people to play with.

They NEED to do a mix of stuff they did with AC2 and Brotherhood. What I mean by this, is that maybe adding in some sequences (this time I won't mind given the 30 hour length), and also something like the Da Vinci Disappearance where missions focus primarily on one thing.

ALSO, and this is the most important. I do NOT want an AC game next year for consoles. It would be utterly ridiculous. It took them 3 years to do such a massive game, new mechanics, story, EVERYTHING. Alex said that every time a new game came out they hope it is better than the last. I find it very difficult to believe that you can beat AC3 with a one year dev cycle.

Yeah you surely cant but they can release game that is something like brotherhood or revelations until thay release AC4

tarrero
08-25-2012, 08:02 PM
To me, it goes like this:

AC1 85% Awesome story and atmosphere, but lacked both gameplay and replay value.
AC2 95% Best on series, had almost everything, although AC3 may surpass it.
ACB 80% Not a very good story, good gameplay and a very good replay value/side content
ACR 75% Better story than Brotherhood and my favorite city too, but the replay value and side content are almost non existant and gameplay adds did not work well. I felt Ubisoft was running out of ideas and time to make improvements.....

I prefer 85% games and up every two years, but I am almost sure that ubisoft will continue yearly......

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 08:07 PM
Only 75% for Revelations???

dxsxhxcx
08-25-2012, 08:32 PM
they should focus on Watch Dogs and stop releasing AC games for some years... :)

tarrero
08-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Only 75% for Revelations???

It is my point of view, I know that many people will disagree since it was a bit drastic may be, though I will try to summarize it:

1 The main story, although better Brotherhood`s, was too short.
2 The side content was weak, even the 85% of the platforming levels were integrated into the may quest.
3 The new adds dissapointed me, both Den Defense and first person sequences had potential, but in the end, I did not like any those.
4 I found The Lost archive ,despite the fact of being the MOST expensive dlc yet, dull and rushed. I liked the 3 previous one A LOT more.

Revelations ( to me) really showed signs of exhaustion....

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 09:57 PM
Where the bloody hell is "Survive December 21st 2012" ?

HisSpiritLives
08-25-2012, 10:00 PM
they should focus on Watch Dogs and stop releasing AC games for some years... :)

Absolutely not.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2012, 11:07 PM
To me, it goes like this:

AC1 85% Awesome story and atmosphere, but lacked both gameplay and replay value.
AC2 95% Best on series, had almost everything, although AC3 may surpass it.
ACB 80% Not a very good story, good gameplay and a very good replay value/side content
ACR 75% Better story than Brotherhood and my favorite city too, but the replay value and side content are almost non existant and gameplay adds did not work well. I felt Ubisoft was running out of ideas and time to make improvements.....

I prefer 85% games and up every two years, but I am almost sure that ubisoft will continue yearly......

ACII
AC:Revelations
AC:Brotherhood
AC

I think ACIII would fall between Revelation and Brotherhood.

ACII had the best protagonist, a long and very interesting story, great gameplay, variety of actions to do that are much more interesting than AC and of course a very interesting revelation at the end.
AC:Revelation, I can say it's a tie on the NO.1 rank with ACII, it's a wonderful game, wonderful protagonist, story (OF COURSE), gameplay, cutscenes, ending, dialogue and everything
AC:Brotherhood had a great beginning and I loved how we get to play as Desmond more often which was totally new and entertaining yet the early levels are so boring (when Ezio first gets to Rome)
AC is the beginning of it all, a very interesting story and that's we all agree about yet it the gameplay was VERY repetitive, boring and non replayable.

ACIII got me excited because I'm interesting in Desmond's side here, I'm an huge fan of Ezio so it's not easy to accept a whole new character and the whole 1700s and the American revolution is totally not my type of stories that shake my interest yet I think it sounds like a good game and I'm sure it will end up climbing to higher levels on my favorites list.

BATISTABUS
08-26-2012, 01:58 AM
Give us an awesome DLC pack worth our money. Something on the level of RDR's Undead Nightmare. I'd want Ubisoft to take their time with the next game, even if it'll still be about Connor.

ajl992008
08-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Brotherhood and revelations had the same team. AC2 and AC3 had the core team.
no they didn't, quite a lot of people on the revelations team were new people. They only brought some of the brotherhood team over.

ShadowRage41
08-30-2012, 09:45 PM
More content.

dewgel
08-30-2012, 10:11 PM
I'm happy for a new game to come out. The yearly releases really help pass the time, and it's never really affected the quality of ACIII (seeing as it's been in dev since 2009 by most of the AC2 team )

I don't think I'd have been happy if I'd waited since AC2's release for AC3.. although personally I think Brotherhood could've been designed as a huge DLC for AC2 and Revelations could've been skipped altogether.

ALTHOUGH... Think of it in business terms. Ubisoft are a business, afterall. We wouldn't have AC3 if we didn't have Brotherhood or Revelations. Imagine all that lost revenue by simply releasing DLC packs the following year.

I can tell you now that whatever we say in this post won't affect anything.. Ubisoft have already decided on all their DLC (and will most likely be fairly done with it ), and they'll also PROBABLY be starting on their next project in the series in the next month or so.

EDIT: Skipping a year may have consequences too. I mean, I don't know if it's just me, but when sequels to games don't come out for 2 or 3 years I kind of forget all about it and it doesn't interest me as much.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 10:24 PM
I think they'll follow up with a French Revolution Connor game next year, take a year-long break, and then make AC4.

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 10:25 PM
take a year-long break
If that happens then "M" stands for "Monkey"

ElderMark
08-30-2012, 10:41 PM
I want Ubisoft Montreal to Really go hard on DLC for ACIII :p

For both Single Player and Multiplayer. Especially an increased focus on Single Player Downloadable Content. They've never really shown much interest for SP DLC, which is odd given how a strong story-focused game like AC could definitely benefit from expansions and such. Just as long as they don't do what they did for ACII where DNA sequences were cut for obvious DLC money grabs, and some were forced to buy those to find out what happened with the story.

I honestly, am one of the many the share the popular belief that that kind of shady DLC business should not be enforced on the fans. It's just nonsensical considering how well AC sells. -__-

But regardless, I'm a hardcore fan of AC, I want them to create juicy expansions with a lot of stuff packed in them (like Bethesda does) but at a reasonable price.

A very well made SP expansion pack with a lot of stuff packed into them (new areas to explore, new abilities, new enemies, new outfits/items/weapons, new assassin guild commands, new horses, new mechanics, etc) for $20 dollars sounds extremely nice. :cool:..you took the words right out of my mouth i feel the same way.

TheTetraktys
08-30-2012, 10:58 PM
I have voted on this poll.

LoyalACFan
08-30-2012, 11:02 PM
If that happens then "M" stands for "Monkey"

It doesn't? :p

No, but seriously, I can't think of where else they would send him besides France. He'd be too old for the War of 1812. Well I guess physically, he could do it (not being much older than Revelations Ezio) but I don't want another convenient, hot young woman with an old man fetish marrying Connor. Hopefully they'll use 2014 as development time and release a new main Assassin in 2015.

Assassin_M
08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
It doesn't? :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SX3JnUhTaE

deskp
08-31-2012, 06:16 AM
Dlc and a new game please.... or atleast DLC that is an expansion pack.

I agree that before his story is done we need to see Connor in europe.

roostersrule2
08-31-2012, 08:38 AM
I reckon 2 major SP DLC's along with various MP and small SP DLC's. The major ones could be about 3-4hrs in story content and add new weapons, side missions and other stuff. The Multiplayer ones would be map packs, more persona's and new game modes. The small ones could be like 3 more tombs or lairs.

ajl992008
08-31-2012, 09:27 AM
if the dlc that ubsoft releases is simply mission packs then i will not get them, i want new locations to explore, full expansion packs, since people dont want a new game then a couple of large expansions which last atleast 6 hours are a must otherwise i would prefer a spin off title to play. although davinci dissapearance was good it wasnt worth 8 for just 1 hour of content, at roughly 10 we shuld be getting a new location say the size of forli or tuscany with 2-3 hours of gameplay.

Assassin_M
08-31-2012, 09:33 AM
if the dlc that ubsoft releases is simply mission packs then i will not get them, i want new locations to explore, full expansion packs, since people dont want a new game then a couple of large expansions which last atleast 6 hours are a must otherwise i would prefer a spin off title to play. although davinci dissapearance was good it wasnt worth 8 for just 1 hour of content, at roughly 10 we shuld be getting a new location say the size of forli or tuscany with 2-3 hours of gameplay.
Wow... that's just.... not right, man xD

10 Dollars for 3 hours and locations the size of Tuscany ?

pacmanate
08-31-2012, 11:13 AM
AC3 is said to have the longest gameplay time of all AC games, yes that means even AC2. Sequences wise... well you can find that on the internet or PM me.

BeCk41
08-31-2012, 11:17 AM
Free dlc content, the key word is FREE.

Do you remember when dlc's were just called 'updates'? they should be like that. -_-

moc100
08-31-2012, 07:27 PM
I'd love it if Ubisoft made Rockstar-style Expansions for this game instead of the short DLC packs they made in previous ones. Maybe have each new expansion feature a new city. I'd gladly pay $15 for Rockstar quality DLC.

ajl992008
09-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Wow... that's just.... not right, man xD

10 Dollars for 3 hours and locations the size of Tuscany ?

Dude I was counting in pounds as I'm from the uk, in dollars it would be roughly 15 dollars which is reasonable, the game is 60 dollars and is 30 hours long, if we are charged a quarter of that we are entitled to a good amount of content which is why my estimate of 3 hours and a new location the size of forli or Tuscany (or even cappadocia if possible) is fair.why wouldn't you think that's fair? Ac2 had good dlc pricing, 3.29 for a 1-2 hour mission pack compared to 8 in brotherhood. Back to my original point if people are so fixed on not having a game in 2013 I expect good dlc in its place with new locations and pcossibly new features in its place. But I'll still stick with wanting a spin off game next year.

Assassin_M
09-01-2012, 02:19 PM
Dude I was counting in pounds as I'm from the uk, in dollars it would be roughly 15 dollars which is reasonable, the game is 60 dollars and is 30 hours long, if we are charged a quarter of that we are entitled to a good amount of content which is why my estimate of 3 hours and a new location the size of forli or Tuscany (or even cappadocia if possible) is fair.why wouldn't you think that's fair? Ac2 had good dlc pricing, 3.29 for a 1-2 hour mission pack compared to 8 in brotherhood. Back to my original point if people are so fixed on not having a game in 2013 I expect good dlc in its place with new locations and pcossibly new features in its place. But I'll still stick with wanting a spin off game next year.
Oops sorry xD

I apologize immensely, I didn't pay the necessary attention..:)