PDA

View Full Version : Lucy communicating with the Templars through the Hephaestus Email Network in AC:B.

rob.davies2014
08-25-2012, 12:14 PM
Hello Everyone
In an interview (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAUtjtZPNxw) with Jeffrey Yohalem, the lead writer for Brotherhood, Revelations' multiplayer and The Lost Archive DLC, stated that there is an inconsistency between Lucy's emails to William and Shaun's emails to William which suggests that they are not the same person. This was meant to indicate that Lucy's true loyalties were not to the Assassins.
I don't think that this inconsistency has been noted on these forums.
Here is what I found:

27th of September 2012
William to Shaun
"You'll be glad to know that everyone here is safe for the time being." -extract from email

6th of October 2012, 10.59pm
William to Shaun
"I'm still with the others...You'll be up with Desmond and I'm having trouble sleeping these days anyway....The unexpected heat of this European fall is killing me." -extract form email.
I think it's safe to say that he remained in the same place between these dates. And that it was somewhere in Europe.
The Monteriggioni team are also in Europe, it is 11ish for Monteriggioni and William says it's quite late so the timezone is similar.

4th of October 2012, 8.00pm (whilst Shaun's William was in Europe)
William to Lucy
"Sorry about the slow reply, just got back from lunch."

Who would have lunch that late? Someone in a different timezone. Therefore this William is not in Europe and is therefore a different William to the William Shaun is speaking to, who is the leader of the Assassins. Possibly...
He also says in that same email: "We've analyzed the tapes you left for us"
This coincides with the dialogue from The Lost Archive indicating that the Templars arrival at the Assassin hideout at the end of AC2 was planned by Vidic and Lucy so that Abstergo could track Desmond's progress through the Animus.
If I've overlooked anything or if anyone has any information which conflicts with this idea then I'd like to hear about it.
It's nice to know that her betrayal was planned as far back as Brotherhood and wasn't just a last minute idea squeezed into Revelations.

Steww-
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM
It has been noted before, but I don't believe there's been a specific topic for it.

I do feel for Jeffrey Yohalem in that podcast. He says that he tried to work in Lucy without her voice in the best way he could, but thinks he's failed because people see that hasty cutscene and DLC as evidence for Lucy's betrayal being a very recent addition. I think if more people realised the situation they were in, and the apparent difficulty of hiring Kristen Bell for DLC alone, they might be more appreciative of how he worked it in. I still struggle to think how, in such a short period of development, they could have better represented the Desmond/S16 missions. The option they went with had some lovely little concepts, space for some secret messages, and a decent amount of playtime.

It'll certainly be interesting to see if this little hint from the e-mails, or other examples of clues that we missed (we were prompted to find this one), will be revealed in AC3. Unlike Revelations, they don't need to hold stuff back for the next main game (since Revelations wasn't planned, it lacked a lot of revelations).

AnthonyA85
08-25-2012, 02:50 PM
Yeah, i didn't quite put my finger on it before while playing through brotherhood, but that's a good point you spotted.

I just hope this Lucy thing is explained properly during the modern sections of AC3

SixKeys
08-25-2012, 03:01 PM
It's nice to know that her betrayal was planned as far back as Brotherhood and wasn't just a last minute idea squeezed into Revelations.

I think we all knew that much. There were several suspicious things about her behavior in Brotherhood, and there had to be a reason for her stabbing. What bugs most people is that there seemed to be absolutely nothing hinting towards her being a traitor in AC2, lending credence to the theory that AC was originally planned to be a trilogy and her death was shoehorned in because Ubisoft wasn't prepared to pay the voice actress beyond three games (Brotherhood being the third in a row).

brefcourte
08-25-2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe there is just one William who is actually a Protroll!!!

AnthonyA85
08-25-2012, 06:43 PM
No. The 'William' that Lucy was sending emails to was either Warren using a false name, or another Abstergo employee.

And as for hints in AC2, well, there was that whole escape from Abstergo thing, it was FAR TOO EASY, they practically LET Desmond walk out (which as we discovered later was the whole idea). Also, when you talk to her after the Altair bit, she has this guilty look on her face when Desmond startles her.

De Filosoof
08-25-2012, 08:49 PM

It was pretty obvious right?

Juno didn't kill her for fun.

De Filosoof
08-25-2012, 08:53 PM
I think we all knew that much. There were several suspicious things about her behavior in Brotherhood, and there had to be a reason for her stabbing. What bugs most people is that there seemed to be absolutely nothing hinting towards her being a traitor in AC2, lending credence to the theory that AC was originally planned to be a trilogy and her death was shoehorned in because Ubisoft wasn't prepared to pay the voice actress beyond three games (Brotherhood being the third in a row).

Indeed, i think this is the case. It also explains why her voice wasn't in the DLC.

She probably signed for 3 AC games, AC1, AC2 and AC3 but then ubisoft changed their plans and it became AC1, AC2 and ACB :).
So i asume it was planned since they started making ACB, knowing it would be Kristen's last game.

Sounds pretty logical to me.

AdrianJacek
08-25-2012, 09:05 PM
ACR had quite a lot of Revelations about Ezio and Altair. For Desmond the most important 3 were Subject 16, William M. and The Grand Temple. And no, we did NOT knew about the Grand Temple in ACB, just some random coordinates to a random place.

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 09:55 PM
ACR had quite a lot of Revelations about Ezio and Altair. For Desmond the most important 3 were Subject 16, William M. and The Grand Temple. And no, we did NOT knew about the Grand Temple in ACB, just some random coordinates to a random place.
Look, man.. say what you want, but these people will not take what you consider "Revelations", they just wont, their mindsets have been locked, No means no. I tried, LightRey tried, Esco tried and the Mods tried, they will not accept anything, but their instincts telling them "NO"

Calvarok
08-25-2012, 10:30 PM
I liked Revelations, but it was very differently paced and far more bleak than all the other games. Even at the end I felt like Desmond was just in pain and being forced to go do more stuff. I hope things aren't so bleak for all of AC3.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2012, 11:17 PM
I liked Revelations, but it was very differently paced and far more bleak than all the other games. Even at the end I felt like Desmond was just in pain and being forced to go do more stuff. I hope things aren't so bleak for all of AC3.

You're trained since you're a little kid to become something you don't know anything about but it's anything but ordinary life, you run away all alone, you almost die but work as a bartender, you get kidnapped by some unknown people from a company you've always been warned about. You're put into the Animus for ages, you relive memories, you get to know things that shakes your every belief and thought, then you're pursued in real life too not just the Animus, wanted dead or alive, you suffer bleeding effect, you know about someone before you who got crazed and died because of the animus, you get to freeze and your love interested is stabbed to death by your own hands and fall into coma, you're forced to relive two other people's lives to get out of the coma and meanwhile you're in some fantasy digital land moving back and forth between memories and then you get to meet some ancient god-like figures who had to do with your own creation and after all this, you have to do it all over again one last time with another ancestor.

I'm sure someone with such wonderful life wouldn't really be hungry to do more adventures nor in extreme joy and ecstasy.

deskp
08-25-2012, 11:32 PM
just reminding people about the red footsteps around the villa. As another hint that someone bad was going around. Lucy

We will learn a little more abot it in AC3 someone from the devs said.

Calvarok
08-25-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm not expecting him to be happy, but I hope he isn't a boring character now.

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 11:55 PM
just reminding people about the red footsteps around the villa. As another hint that someone bad was going around. Lucy

We will learn a little more abot it in AC3 someone from the devs said.
No, that was for the Dumbasess that got lost in the town..

Seriously has anyone got lost in there ? Ever ? I mean you could just scale the shortest building and you`ll find the Villa..

MT4K
08-26-2012, 12:48 AM
No, that was for the Dumbasess that got lost in the town..

Seriously has anyone got lost in there ? Ever ? I mean you could just scale the shortest building and you`ll find the Villa..

Well it wasn't to find the villa. It was to find the entrance to the sanctuary :p, but no it really wasn't difficult :D. Anybody who played ac2 would have known their way around the villa anyway, and it wouldn't have taken somebody playing acb for the first time very long to learn where it was.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 12:51 AM
Well it wasn't to find the villa. It was to find the entrance to the sanctuary :p, but no it really wasn't difficult :D. Anybody who played ac2 would have known their way around the villa anyway, and it wouldn't have taken somebody playing acb for the first time very long to learn where it was.
Humph....

Still Dumbasess......

Stroonzje
08-26-2012, 03:33 AM
i still cant find any proof in ac2 where she shows or hints at being a templar? then again she could come back in ac3 as a double hit kinda thing where the templars found her dead or something so they wouldnt pursue her more, but thats kind of extreme on ubis part

matheus_737
08-26-2012, 03:39 AM
To me its almost certain that wans't in the plans of the developers to Lucy been a traitor because in AC, AC2 even Brotherhood she is very kind and determinated to fight against templar, help Desmond, never passed from my mind she's a traitor and in the end of AC2 why the templar invaded the hideout if they had a plan for Desmond yet? there's no reason for this so they decided only in ACB.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 03:41 AM
To me its almost certain that wans't in the plans of the developers to Lucy been a traitor because in AC, AC2 even Brotherhood she is very kind and determinated to fight against templar, help Desmond, never passed from my mind she's a traitor and in the end of AC2 why the templar invaded the hideout if they had a plan for Desmond yet? there's no reason for this so they decided only in ACB.
Well, i don't know if you have knowledge about Undercover, but you sorta have to show something that is not you, you know ? Pretend to care ? Pretend to be determined to save someone ? Pretend to hate the other side ? You know.. that stuff

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 04:08 AM

Yeah she was kind and acted determined to fight against the templars, but seriously, I know of many of girls in my past few years of college who pull this stunt all the time. Not to sound sexist, but they are the masters of deceit. I'm saying that out of respect not as an insult. It's a skill I feel most guys including myself cannot do on the same level. Just saying from experience, and even recently with a girl I dated for over year before we graduated, I'm still finding out things about her true self. They can put on an act to get what they want from guys especially if there's chemistry going on.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 04:20 AM

They decided halfway through development of AC2.

The reason the Templars showed up was to keep up appearances. That's why they had such a weak showing, with only batons. It allowed Lucy to maintain her cover by taking out a few Abstergo grunts. Also, Lucy left behind data at the warehouse for the Templars to pick up later.

As for why she was so nice and helpful and really seemed to care about Desmond: that's the point. Templars are not evil. They care about people. And she wanted the Assassins to succeed in finding the apple, so it was important she made things go smoothly. Did she actually have feelings for Desmond? Probably. Did she still think that the Templar plan was the right one? Yes.