PDA

View Full Version : A Theory About The Animus

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Hey Assassins,
I've come up with this theory after playing the Desmond Story levels in AC:Revelations (in Animus Island).

Here it goes:

Those Who Came Before (The First Civilization) interbred with Humans ---> Assassin's Lineage
Desmond is an Assassin
The Animus makes one relive or view the genetic memories of one's ancestors

So, maybe that explains the complex locations that we visit through the Desmond Story levels? I know we're going into the "Guts of the Animus" but I think there's a deeper meaning to that, maybe this whole complex architecture is born from the memories of the first civilization and how their world looked like back then. Locations start to change as we progress through the story of Desmond and they tend to look like Abstergo in the final level so I guess it might have started with the memories of the first civilization making up the structure of the world and now moving to make it look more like Desmond's life at Abstergo.

What made me believe strongly in my own theory is this artwork:

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20111117035437/assassinscreed/images/0/05/Fall_of_The_First_Civilization_Concept_Art.JPG

The architecture of the buildings strikingly resembles the design of the Desmond Story levels, it's like the exterior of the interiors that we visit throughout the levels of Desmond's Story. I know I may be totally wrong but I thought the idea is sort of interesting so I thought I'd share it, so what do you think?

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 11:01 PM
Doubt it, as the art teams working on the animus and TWCB architecture are probably totally different.

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
The Artwork looks nothing like the CGI and Im willing to go with the CGI, because Artwork is usually outdated

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
The Artwork looks nothing like the CGI and Im willing to go with the CGI, because Artwork is usually outdated

I agree that Artwork is usually outdated but Artwork is usually based around an idea. Maybe "Where they came from" looks like this. I'm also not just comparing designs but also discussing the fact that the Animus deals with memories from ancestors and those who came before are ancestors to the assassins and Desmond is an assassin so the idea of having a tint of their world and thoughts and memories mixed with the design of the "Animus Guts" is highly possible.

Doubt it, as the art teams working on the animus and TWCB architecture are probably totally different.

I guess if they intended to make them look similar, they will whether it's one team or many.

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 11:28 PM
They don't come from another planet... they were basically the "real" humans. They come from earth. And the concept art was for the city in the CG video. Nothing else. The guts of the animus shares some visual qualities with their PoE tech, but that has nothing to do with architecture.

RinoTheBouncer
08-24-2012, 11:42 PM
They don't come from another planet... they were basically the "real" humans. They come from earth. And the concept art was for the city in the CG video. Nothing else. The guts of the animus shares some visual qualities with their PoE tech, but that has nothing to do with architecture.

I'm not sure if anything you said is factual because all of what we're talking about is open to discussion, non of it was confirmed and I'm not just comparing a the concept art with the Desmond Story, I'm talking about how it's possible that the memories of the first civilization can also be embedded in Desmond's genes and be played via the Animus.

We also don't know where they came from, Minerva said: "We simply came ... before" so they "came" can mean "born/existed" or "arrived".

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 11:46 PM
I'm not sure if anything you said is factual because all of what we're talking about is open to discussion, non of it was confirmed and I'm not just comparing a the concept art with the Desmond Story, I'm talking about how it's possible that the memories of the first civilization can also be embedded in Desmond's genes and be played via the Animus.

We also don't know where they came from, Minerva said: "We simply came ... before" so they "came" can mean "born/existed" or "arrived".
It was confirmed a while ago... By ubisoft, that TWCB are native to earth and are Humans.. there is no speculation about that..

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 11:57 PM
Well they're "humans". The humans that we are were created from primitive lifeforms on the planet, made to be like the TWCB. But our two species are probably not genetically identical.