PDA

View Full Version : New details on New York

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 08:04 PM
Just something interesting, I don't expect a lot of comments on this thread but it is interesting.

"Much of the action in New York will take place after The Great Fire of 1776, which destroyed over a quarter of the city. Players may expect to discover who started the fire and why, the cause of which remains a mystery to this date."

Souce: http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/8205/article/assassin-s-creed-3-new-york-setting-detailed/

naran6142
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
So ur thinking Templars?

DarkSolitude-X
08-23-2012, 08:11 PM
the templars started the fire in their hopes of world domination through a secret conspiracy. I betcha.

Umbra_Blade
08-23-2012, 09:01 PM
Maybe the assassin's HQ was in New York, with that city being a important trading port for the US and the masses of cultures there, it seems like the kind of place the assassins would want to set up camp. The templars maybe knew the assassins were based there, but were not sure where in the city, so they burned down the entire city in hopes of flushing them out?

itsamea-mario
08-23-2012, 09:18 PM
Maybe Connor did it. For the lulz.

Layytez
08-23-2012, 09:32 PM
Or the AOE caused it.

AssassinVenice
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM
I bet the Templars started the Great Fire to later find the Grand Temple among the ruins of the burning city.

I guess they've failed! :p

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 09:49 PM
Yeah templars caused Great Fire, i have already read this article 1 month ago,

SteelCity999
08-23-2012, 09:50 PM
There is also a theory which says Washington secretly ordered it burned.

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 10:01 PM
There is also a theory which says Washington secretly ordered it burned.

Where did you find that, can you give link??

SteelCity999
08-23-2012, 10:10 PM
Where did you find that, can you give link??

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_New_York_(1776)

It's wiki but.....I think I have seen it elsewhere as well.

There is also a small possiblity that Connor does contribute to starting the fire. There could be a templar target in New York at the time and during his assassination, things get out of hand and the fire gets started accidentally. That could play a role in his development....

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Fire_of_New_York_(1776)

It's wiki but.....I think I have seen it elsewhere as well.

There is also a small possiblity that Connor does contribute to starting the fire. There could be a templar target in New York at the time and during his assassination, things get out of hand and the fire gets started accidentally.

I dont belive that fire has to do anything with Connor , it is probably Templars fault

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I strongly believe this Fire has Assassin hands all over it, remember, they said that they wanted to paint the Assassins in Grey light..

It draws resemblance from ACR`s riot memory, when Ezio incited a Riot in order to enter the Arsenal, many people died,and Yusuf himself questioned Ezio`s actions. another example was the fire in Cappadocia. Ezio started it to smoke Manuel out and again, caused us to question these actions, so Im assuming the fire was an attempt to smoke out a target or maybe it was something else, but im positive that Connor has something to do with it..

SteelCity999
08-23-2012, 10:24 PM
I dont belive that fire has to do anything with Connor , it is probably Templars fault

I think its a very very small chance as well but I wonder if they will show Connor making mistakes and then growing as a person. Ubi took this route in AC1 and really abandoned it in AC2 and beyond - even to the point of Ezio making greyish decisions when he was most experienced. The fire is one of those great areas they can take some liberties with.

Edit: M beat me to it

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 10:31 PM
Edit: M beat me to it
Sure, but you made some valid points that furthered my post, so your post is still relevant;)

Saar Ben Kiki
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
i dont know why, but i want connor to be the one who set the fire, its just such a brilliant twist..

BBALive
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
This was stated a while back.

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I think Connor teams up with Washington to do this. For reasons I have no idea?

De Filosoof
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
even to the point of Ezio making greyish decisions when he was most experienced.

Indeed. It was really a failed attempt to make the area between the assassins and templars look more "grey".
I didn't like it, AT ALL !!

LeoMessi10i
08-23-2012, 11:43 PM
There are so many theories about 'The Fire' but many of them are just speculations..
I think the templars did it! those bastards :p

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 11:56 PM
I think Connor teams up with Washington to do this. For reasons I have no idea?

Well, historically, it was strongly suspected that the Patriots started the fire. Not sure if that was truth, or just the story the British came up with. So... Take from that what you will.

AnthonyA85
08-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Remember that screenshot that surfaced a few weeks ago? It looked like it was in New York, in the foreground there was Connor, and in the background there was a group of people, and above them, one of those buton prompts that said "Start Riot", so manybe Connor DID start the fire, or at least a riot that led to it.

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Indeed. It was really a failed attempt to make the area between the assassins and templars look more "grey".
I didn't like it, AT ALL !!

Yeah, it didn't really work well. It didn't really make the conflict more "grey" (since your previous target is shown literally beating innocent people to death for fun), it just came across as Ezio saying "**** it, I'm too old to do this the hard way, let's just blow the whole god**** place up to flush him out."

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
There are so many theories about 'The Fire' but many of them are just speculations..
I think the templars did it! those bastards :p
Assassins Creed is more Grey than simply, the bad guys always start the fires,and actually forgive me, the Templars aren't Evil per say, they`re the Antagonists, but not necessarily evil. We`v seen a glimpse of questionable actions more than ever in ACR Perpetrated by Ezio, an Assassin, and that led to NPCs questioning those actions, resulting in us, the players, questioning them too.

They stated that they indeed will shed more light on the Grey of this War, and that the Assassins are not goody-goody super heroes, they also have their sometimes questionable judgments and morals that do not always agree with what they fight for, granted they do fight for Freedom and peace, but so too do the Templars, albeit possessing different means and each, mind you, questionable.

Im happy that they`re bringing back this feeling, I didnt like what ACB and, subtly, AC II portrayed. It showed too much Black and white, but ACR was a state of transition to right path, in my opinion, because I truly do not like playing as a Perfect Hero, I`ll go play Batman, but these contradictions are what give the game depth.

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Yeah, it didn't really work well. It didn't really make the conflict more "grey" (since your previous target is shown literally beating innocent people to death for fun), it just came across as Ezio saying "**** it, I'm too old to do this the hard way, let's just blow the whole god**** place up to flush him out."
It had nothing to do with being too old. He just had to get the seals. And he didn't want to waste time messing around in a Templar city to find out where he was. So why not take the city out at the same time, accomplishing two objectives: a templar base is flushed out and uninhabitable for at least a while, and kill the leader so the cleanup effort will be uncoordinated.

tarrero
08-24-2012, 01:08 AM
I believe the same as M, the fire was likely started by the assassins... However only time will tell.

HisSpiritLives
08-24-2012, 09:42 AM
Ok but Connor is all like liberty and justice, if he did that that was probably just mistake.

De Filosoof
08-24-2012, 10:40 AM
Assassins Creed is more Grey than simply, the bad guys always start the fires,and actually forgive me, the Templars aren't Evil per say, they`re the Antagonists, but not necessarily evil. We`v seen a glimpse of questionable actions more than ever in ACR Perpetrated by Ezio, an Assassin, and that led to NPCs questioning those actions, resulting in us, the players, questioning them too.

They stated that they indeed will shed more light on the Grey of this War, and that the Assassins are not goody-goody super heroes, they also have their sometimes questionable judgments and morals that do not always agree with what they fight for, granted they do fight for Freedom and peace, but so too do the Templars, albeit possessing different means and each, mind you, questionable.

Im happy that they`re bringing back this feeling, I didnt like what ACB and, subtly, AC II portrayed. It showed too much Black and white, but ACR was a state of transition to right path, in my opinion, because I truly do not like playing as a Perfect Hero, I`ll go play Batman, but these contradictions are what give the game depth.

Sorry M, i do not agree with you this time.

Perfect hero? Batman? Batman is a cop, fighting a bunch of anarchists and stuff like that in Arkham city. It has no relevancy in how the world would turn out whatsoever.
The assassins are fighting the guys who literally changed the world for the worst.

So why is it ok to fight "the bad guys" in batman but not in AC? I like to see some grey areas too, but it shouldn't feel forced like it did in ACR. What is cooler than to kick the **** out of those people who did some really bad stuff in real life history? Cesare Borgia was a perfect antagonist for the AC series. It really made sense because the Borgia family was a really sick and corrupt family, the perfect targets for an assassin.
It would be a missed opportunity if we were in Italy with Ezio but wouldn't fight one of the most corrupt and powerful families at the time, it wouldn't make sense at all.

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/389339_379384738766360_1226247077_n.jpg

Lol.

pacmanate
08-24-2012, 11:19 AM
I expect a twist with this, and agree with M. I think it is a bit obvious if the Templars did it. Having the Assassin's cause it however, would have most of us shocked. However I don't think the fire would be started intentionally, or at least not to the degree that it was. Maybe a small explosion gone wrong etc.

HisSpiritLives
08-24-2012, 11:30 AM
I expect a twist with this, and agree with M. I think it is a bit obvious if the Templars did it. Having the Assassin's cause it however, would have most of us shocked. However I don't think the fire would be started intentionally, or at least not to the degree that it was. Maybe a small explosion gone wrong etc.

Maybe....,yeah when i think a little better you are right it is too obvious that Templars did that,perhaps it is something more complicated.

Ielgon
08-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Perfect hero? Batman? Batman is a cop, fighting a bunch of anarchists and stuff like that in Arkham city. It has no relevancy in how the world would turn out whatsoever.

*Gotham City, Arkham City was just the locked down area in the game (Sorry being a huge Batfan I can't let things like this slide! XD).

And when you look at it Ezio himself doesn't really change (Not counting him being a "messenger" for Desmond and the 2012 story) the whole world somehow by himself either, he lays the foundations for what he believes is a better world. This is also what Batman does: By cleaning up the crime in Gotham City he hopes he will have an impact on not just the city itself but to be an example for people all over the world to do the same and for criminals to fear him. Ezio does pretty much the same but in a slightly different way: He hopes that by taking out certain templars and being an example to others the order will collapse/dissapear.

Did you ever hear the easter egg in AC2 where citizens would call Ezio caped crusader? That's one of Batman's nicknames!

HisSpiritLives
08-24-2012, 01:11 PM
*Gotham City, Arkham City was just the locked down area in the game (Sorry being a huge Batfan I can't let things like this slide! XD).

And when you look at it Ezio himself doesn't really change (Not counting him being a "messenger" for Desmond and the 2012 story) the whole world somehow by himself either, he lays the foundations for what he believes is a better world. This is also what Batman does: By cleaning up the crime in Gotham City he hopes he will have an impact on not just the city itself but to be an example for people all over the world to do the same and for criminals to fear him. Ezio does pretty much the same but in a slightly different way: He hopes that by taking out certain templars and being an example to others the order will collapse/dissapear.

Did you ever hear the easter egg in AC2 where citizens would call Ezio caped crusader? That's one of Batman's nicknames!

Ezio himself didnt know purpose of his life until he found out that he is ,,messenger,, at the end of ACR.

De Filosoof
08-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Maybe....,yeah when i think a little better you are right it is too obvious that Templars did that,perhaps it is something more complicated.

It could still have complicated reasons if the templars did it ;).

HisSpiritLives
08-24-2012, 01:55 PM
It could still have complicated reasons if the templars did it ;).

,,Complicated,, doesnt change the fact that templars did that. :)

Ielgon
08-24-2012, 02:15 PM
Ezio himself didnt know purpose of his life until he found out that he is ,,messenger,, at the end of ACR.

Exactly, so what I was saying is that Ezio himself is kind of like Batman (even life wise, with losing his family and wanting revenge at first and then to better the world) in the way he has an impact on his world if you forget about him being a "messenger". But let's not discuss whether Ezio is like Batman here, since this is an Assassin's Creed forum! Just had to correct a mistake being a batfan and then have a little rant about how Ezio is like Batman motive and impact wise.

pacmanate
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
http://idrawgirls.com/artists/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/rb2_hf.jpg

Ielgon
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM
http://idrawgirls.com/artists/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/rb2_hf.jpg

The Batfan in me loves you!