PDA

View Full Version : Most CRINGEWORTHY AC moment?

AlphaAltair
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
What is the moment for you that had you thinking "god, what have I invested myself in here??" ??

For me, it had to be when Rodrigo said " WE NEVER AGREED TO CONQUER ALL OF ITALIA!!" in ACB.

I just found it as clunky as whatnos!

How about YOU?!

ACfan443
08-23-2012, 02:54 PM
The Altair and Maria sex scene, couldn't look at him in the same way after that haha

RatonhnhakeFan
08-23-2012, 02:56 PM
"I meant besides ".

Thanks Ubisoft, after 'Boys will be boys" mission, removing Cristina's bra mini-game and about 2347856932847 different sex-scenes, comments and hook-ups I would have simply never E-V-E-R guess Ezio loved unless you told me about it explicitly.

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Sometimes just Shauns "humour"

GLHS
08-23-2012, 03:21 PM
Anything Vieri de' Pazzi says. Oh and "Ma Cose! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!" Omg you'll never understand how many times I had to listen to that during my first playthrough.

There's probably more, but I can't think right now.

arkangelyou
08-23-2012, 03:29 PM
Sometimes just Shauns "humour"

I really didn't mind. British accents are hot :D

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 03:31 PM
Anything Vieri de' Pazzi says. Oh and "Ma Cose! Shoot! Shoot the flying demon!" Omg you'll never understand how many times I had to listen to that during my first playthrough.

There's probably more, but I can't think right now.

I played that mission a lot times, and that sentence .....:D

GLHS
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
I played that mission a lot times, and that sentence .....:D

No joke, I actually turned the voice sfx down to 0 until I landed. That's how many times I had to hear it. Ugh....just thinking about it now makes my brain hurt. Everytime I replay AC2 and get to that part I'm like "Omg, shut up. I better only have to do this once!"

HisSpiritLives
08-23-2012, 03:42 PM
No joke, I actually turned the voice sfx down to 0 until I landed. That's how many times I had to hear it. Ugh....just thinking about it now makes my brain hurt. Everytime I replay AC2 and get to that part I'm like "Omg, shut up. I better only have to do this once!"

Haha , pretty much same situation here! :D i really started to hate that guy

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 03:44 PM
I really didn't mind. British accents are hot :D

Thanks ;)

LadyGahan2010
08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
I don't have a specific quote. More like I have a particular person that makes me cry inside 'WHY!!!!!!!!!???' when I see her.

tarrero
08-23-2012, 05:25 PM
In ACB when they stood in front of Cesare Borgia and shout "Vittoria Agli Assassini" I find it too cliché, never liked it, but may be is just me.....

Jay_2750
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Leonardo Da Vinci getting his *** kicked by a guard in AC II.

MT4K
08-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Leonardo Da Vinci getting his *** kicked by a guard in AC II.

Ready to talk? *kick* What about now? *kick* :p.

Jay_2750
08-23-2012, 05:40 PM
Lol, his kick looks so weak.

TheHumanTowel
08-23-2012, 05:48 PM
I cringed hard at the slow-mo skyfight you have with Ahmet at the end of ACR. It's just felt like a scene from a really poor and uninspired action movie. Cliches like that are not how you make the game more cinematic.

Also that cliff must have been massive because they fell for like seven seconds.

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
In ACB when they stood in front of Cesare Borgia and shout "Vittoria Agli Assassini" I find it too cliché, never liked it, but may be is just me.....
This

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Ready to talk? *kick* What about now? *kick* :p.

That was so ridiculous beyond belief.

tarrero
08-23-2012, 06:12 PM
When jubair threw the scholar into the fire, he died almost instantly LOL.
By the way, I miss the AC1 "finishing" move , loved to put an end to their misery, so realisctic.

LoyalACFan
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
There are actually several for me.

- The parachute/hang-gliding thing with the carriage in AC:R, followed by the ridiculous Ahmed fight somebody else mentioned.
- Lucy and Desmond's cheesy banter while trying to unlock the Sanctuary.
- Leandros just standing there like a little wuss waiting for Ezio to kill him... -_-
- "The hookblade has two parts, you see... the hook, and the blade." No sh*t?
- "Shoot the flying demon!"
- Anything involving Den Defence, Desmond's Journey, or The Lost Archive.

"I meant besides".

Thanks Ubisoft, after 'Boys will be boys" mission, removing Cristina's bra mini-game and about 2347856932847 different sex-scenes, comments and hook-ups I would have simply never E-V-E-R guess Ezio loved unless you told me about it explicitly.

I thought that was pretty hilarious, actually :p

projectpat06
08-23-2012, 08:28 PM
"I meant besides".

"I have plenty of outlets" C-O-L-L-E-G-E

Blind2Society
08-23-2012, 08:34 PM

Oh God. That is my least favorite line in the history of language. Everytime they said it (especially the time you mentioned) I felt ashamed to be playing the game.

SixKeys
08-23-2012, 09:08 PM
-Two of the Cristina memories in ACB, the one where you beat Vieri and the one at the Carnevale
-The parachute carriage chase and the sky fight with Ahmet from ACR
-Any time Sofia exclaims "Mio dio!" or "Incredibile!".
-Shaun's "Anyone up for reconciliatory yoga?" and "Anybody miss me? Anyone?" lines in ACB. Just...shut up, Shaun.

Layytez
08-23-2012, 09:30 PM
The whole of ACR untill the TWCB message.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-23-2012, 09:45 PM
That would be:
"She needed some help with some... things. I'm mostly innocent!" xD
And also at AC1
at a beat-up mission when altair said :
''Speak sense Templar or not AT ALL !! '' I f***in love that line !!
you can find it at this video
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs66GJp2L7M)

Calvarok
08-23-2012, 11:49 PM
I don't find anything in AC particularly cringe-worthy. Expecially most of the examples listed here.

hoganshero
08-23-2012, 11:50 PM
I cringed hard at the slow-mo skyfight you have with Ahmet at the end of ACR. It's just felt like a scene from a really poor and uninspired action movie. Cliches like that are not how you make the game more cinematic.

Also that cliff must have been massive because they fell for like seven seconds.

Falling for seven second if I did my math right would be 1029 ft or 313.8 meters. Assuming they didn't hit terminal velocity in there somewhere. Bored at work thought I would do the math.

ACfan443
08-24-2012, 12:17 AM
That would be:
"She needed some help with some... things. I'm mostly innocent!" xD
And also at AC1
at a beat-up mission when altair said :
''Speak sense Templar or not AT ALL !! '' I f***in love that line !!
you can find it at this video
here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fs66GJp2L7M)

Haha AC1 memories. That also reminds me of the time when the guards in Damascus would shout "INFIDEL I will have your head for that!" or "you dare steal in my presence? That will cost you your life!"

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
That skyfight was amazing

Felix-Vivo
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
"Outta my **** way!"

There were quite a few. It's funny how a game with some moments of pure genius can also be so stilted at times. Some of the Desmond.Lucy dialogue made me genuinely laugh (- I actually told Rebecca to widen the Animus. - Really? - No.) But just a few sentences later there was a line that made me legit cringe.

I'll note them down next time.

LoyalACFan
08-24-2012, 01:07 AM
"Outta my **** way!".

Who said that???

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM
The line was fantastic. It wasn't there to tell you that Ezio likes , but to show how feisty and unashamed his mom is. Which is shattered later when she becomes mute.

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
"I meant besides ".

Oh this is so Ironic..

Kaschra
08-24-2012, 01:48 AM
I love the "I meant besides !" scene.
Especially Ezio's face after Maria said that, so funny xD

The beggars in AC1. They're just annoying and can't leave me alone. I hate the one with that annoying squeaky voice -__-

The Cristina memories make me cringe (expect the part where Ezio has to carry his dead father and brothers to the boat, that was just sad).
The lovestory between Cristina and Ezio is way to cheesy and forced. I especially dislike the last memory with her death... uh...

naran6142
08-24-2012, 02:11 AM
I didnt much like the fall fight either, then i thought maybe it was in slow mo or something so maybe they werent really falling for that long?

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 02:22 AM
I didnt much like the fall fight either, then i thought maybe it was in slow mo or something so maybe they werent really falling for that long?
That and the animus messes with our perception of how long things actually took to happen. If AC were just a 3d movie they would have shown them falling for less time.

kudos17
08-24-2012, 04:08 AM
God, most of Shaun's lines made me cringe.

I mean, he takes it too far. Yeah, we get it, you're the cynical Brit - wow, never seen that before. Shut up. I just wish Desmond would throw a good comeback at him that would bring that guy to tears. But it would never happen. He just deflects with sarcasm; that's his type. >.< I don't hate his character, but god, if I were in Desmond's position, I'd have a lot less tolerance for his crap.

Other than that, I don't really find anything too cheesy. The exception is the end of Revelations, where Ezio is "surfing" on the parachute behind the carriage. I mean, technically it's plausible, but it was just such an "oh, brother" moment.

Calvarok
08-24-2012, 04:13 AM
You can never have too many cynical british characters. I personally love that kind of character. And seriously, Desmond is a far more typical character than Shaun.

Blind2Society
08-24-2012, 04:43 AM
The fall fight was absolute garbage. Just finished a playthrough the day before yesterday. "garbage" really doesn't even do justice to how bad it was.

masterfenix2009
08-24-2012, 05:07 AM
I loved the fall fight, ****** lines, and the saying in Brotherhood everyone thought was cliche.

projectpat06
08-24-2012, 05:49 AM
Not to be too nit picky as I have respect for the developers but the clipping in AC2 was pretty "cringeworthy". That and Lucy's lips. ugghhh
http://media.giantbomb.com/uploads/0/3661/1202166-lucy_super.png

But Kristen Bell, opposite of "cringeworthy"
http://i.neoseeker.com/gg/uploads/news/10-2009/news_img_25762_0.jpg

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 05:53 AM
I just wanna say...

HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT

Blind2Society
08-24-2012, 06:39 AM
I loved the fall fight, and the saying in Brotherhood everyone thought was cliche.

You're indoctrinated.

Subject-22
08-24-2012, 06:55 AM
The most annoying/cringeworthy thing for my ears was in assassins creed 1 when you would kill someone with your hidden blade....

CHINGGGGG!!!!! -_- really annoyed me during the game

HisSpiritLives
08-24-2012, 09:54 AM
The ******s line was fantastic. It wasn't there to tell you that Ezio likes ******s, but to show how feisty and unashamed his mom is. Which is shattered later when she becomes mute.

I was really suprised when Maria said that.

ACfan443
08-24-2012, 10:43 AM
The most annoying/cringeworthy thing for my ears was in assassins creed 1 when you would kill someone with your hidden blade....

Really? That sound always gave me a sense of satisfaction whenever I killed someone

AdrianJacek
08-24-2012, 10:58 AM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5228/lucy12w.png
Looks the same to me. All they did is put some lipstick on. The lips we already big in AC1.

Felix-Vivo
08-24-2012, 12:56 PM
Who said that???

I didn't realise you couldn't even say 'd am n ' on here :O
In AC1, in Acre. The British soldiers who walk around would always say '"Outta my **** way!" In a VERY British accent. LOL.

kudos17
08-24-2012, 01:45 PM

Wh-wh-what?

But that sound is iconic! :O

GLHS
08-24-2012, 02:01 PM
So the fall fight itself was stupid, but the parachute behind the carage thing is quite fun. Idk what you guys are complaining about. And yes! about the first guard you assassinate in AC2. I forgot about that. It's horrible. That reminds me of something similar in AC:B. When Caterina Sforza is in the jail cell and Lucrezia comes in to "teach her a lesson," When she hits Caterina with the guard stick and is like "That put you in your place!" Omg it's laughable. It's quite satisfying when she gets her head smashed against the bars later though lol. :D

arkangelyou
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/5228/lucy12w.png
Looks the same to me. All they did is put some lipstick on. The lips we already big in AC1.

OMG Lucy looks so scary in AC1! O.O
On topic: The parachute mission at the end of ACR was kind of lame IMO :/

pacmanate
08-24-2012, 02:56 PM
Lucy's Lips. That's all I am saying.

LoyalACFan
08-24-2012, 03:03 PM
When Caterina Sforza is in the jail cell and Lucrezia comes in to "teach her a lesson," When she hits Caterina with the guard stick and is like "That put you in your place!"

Yeah, I forgot about that... The dialogue for that whole scene is pretty terrible.

SteelCity999
08-24-2012, 03:08 PM
Every interview that Alex did for AC:R in which he said the EXACT same thing every single time.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Oh this is so Ironic..

Oh is it? I'm dying to hear what you gonna come up this time :o

EzioAssassin51
08-25-2012, 04:52 AM
So the fall fight itself was stupid, but the parachute behind the carage thing is quite fun. Idk what you guys are complaining about.

I agree, a lot of people are just complaining about that to be on the bandwagon I think. Everyone calls ACR so bad but it's not, it's a great game and that was actually a pretty fun sequence as well!

I have no bad scenes in the AC games I disliked, but one part that made me 'cringe' and go 'ooo' was when Garnier broke the mental guy's legs :P

masterfenix2009
08-25-2012, 07:30 AM
The only time I cringed was when they revealed that Lucy was a Templar. Really? They went for the most cliched thing in the book of plot twists?

AdrianJacek
08-25-2012, 09:25 AM
Listen... EVERYTHING nowadays can be viewed as "cliche" because everything has been done to death. There's no way to come up with ne plot twists, we can only make them feel not cliche. And I think a triple agent was not a bad idea. Especially after all lthe suspicion in AC2 with Lucy's weird behavior.

Stroonzje
08-25-2012, 10:03 AM
Listen... EVERYTHING nowadays can be viewed as "cliche" because everything has been done to death. There's no way to come up with ne plot twists, we can only make them feel not cliche. And I think a triple agent was not a bad idea. Especially after all lthe suspicion in AC2 with Lucy's weird behavior.

what 'suspicion'?

AdrianJacek
08-25-2012, 12:32 PM
15:12

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r8WjIqnx7Aw
-----------------
And the whole Lucy/Vidic scene. It feels... acted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN8YtADZ8VI
"I saved your life"
"But you're EVIL!"
"Oh, this argument again"
"Stop him, Desmond, my love!"

Subject-22
08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Wh-wh-what?

But that sound is iconic! :O

im fine with it being on like major kills but every single guard is annoying

masterfenix2009
08-25-2012, 09:49 PM
Here's the problem though, not only was it cliche, but it was not even the slightest bit creative. Anyone with a brain could go "DUR HURR LUCY IS A TEMPLAR" . Plus, her motivations for being a Templar are horrible. "I'm so alone, and Bill doesn't talk to me because I'm undercover. I betray him!!"

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 09:53 PM
Here's the problem though, not only was it cliche, but it was not even the slightest bit creative. Anyone with a brain could go "DUR HURR LUCY IS A TEMPLAR" . Plus, her motivations for being a Templar are horrible. "I'm so alone, and Bill doesn't talk to me because I'm undercover. I betray/ him!!"
Does that mean I don't have a brain ?

masterfenix2009
08-25-2012, 10:55 PM
Does that mean I don't have a brain ?
I meant anyone could of thought of it. Which a lot of people did. Since there were a lot of "Is Lucy a Templar?" threads.

Black_Widow9
08-25-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't find anything in AC particularly cringe-worthy. Expecially most of the examples listed here.
This

Assassin_M
08-25-2012, 11:29 PM
This
Not even "Vittoria agli Assassini" ?

Black_Widow9
08-25-2012, 11:38 PM
Nope. :p

TheHumanTowel
08-25-2012, 11:46 PM
Nope. :p
Fight to the death in the sky?

rileypoole1234
08-26-2012, 12:09 AM
This

I second that.

jzsnyder
08-26-2012, 01:11 AM
I second that.

I concur.

Stroonzje
08-26-2012, 03:15 AM
I concur.

I accede.

jzsnyder
08-26-2012, 04:13 AM
I accede.

This.

Blind2Society
08-26-2012, 04:25 AM

Nope. http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20120411.419/images/smilies/tongue.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYj7T9eEQ4U

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 04:38 AM
I thought it fit: that was the moment where they all stepped out of the shadows at once and declared Rome as being under Assassin protection and watch. And battle cries have been seen as totally unironic up until basically the past 100 or so years.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 04:39 AM
I thought it fit: that was the moment where they all stepped out of the shadows at once and declared Rome as being under Assassin protection and watch. And battle cries have been seen as totally unironic up until basically the past 100 or so years.
First time I disagree with you xD

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 05:00 AM
It's a fact that battle cries were seen in an unironic way in the 16th century. You can't disagree there. : P

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 05:04 AM
It's a fact that battle cries were seen in an unironic way in the 16th century. You can't disagree there. : P
No, I disagree with something else.. Not of course the fact, but this..

"The Assassin Organization wasn't heard, spoken, mentioned of during that Period in that Particular area" had they used a cover for the Organization, like in the Fall Comic, and did a battle cry naming said cover organization then you wont see me CRINGE here. See ? they actually have a recruit mission where Ezio sends recruits to a Historian who plans to document the Assassin Presence in Rome and try to convince him to abandon his plan. Now put the "Vittoria" and that little mission together ?.......... yeah xD

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 05:13 AM
They're saying it while surrounded by Templars. And anyways, people knew about them. That's why they know what town criers are talking about when you're notorious. But the idea is that by modern times, all trace of them has been wiped from the history books. And back in those days they were not super well known, and their motives and operations were mysterious. People know that a group is liberating borgia towers and Templar Dens in their cities, but they don't know all that much about them.

Ezio made a point, during one mission he sent recruits on, by accepting money for taking out someone's adversary, so that it would never be suspected that they were motivated by the target being a Templar, not money.

During Altair's time the Assassins were possibly even more in the public eye, with a big obvious fortress, and making sure to kill their target in public areas before vanishing.

So yeah, assassins are secretive, but up until a certain point in history, they were not so secretive to the point that no average civillian had ever heard of them in a vague way, or that they couldn't shout their name on the street.

I can go to a mall and shout that I'm a gallbender, but you have no idea what that means.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 05:17 AM
They're saying it while surrounded by Templars. And anyways, people knew about them. That's why they know what town criers are talking about when you're notorious. But the idea is that by modern times, all trace of them has been wiped from the history books. And back in those days they were not super well known, and their motives and operations were mysterious. People know that a group is liberating borgia towers and Templar Dens in their cities, but they don't know all that much about them.

Ezio made a point, during one mission he sent recruits on, by accepting money for taking out someone's adversary, so that it would never be suspected that they were motivated by the target being a Templar, not money.

During Altair's time the Assassins were possibly even more in the public eye, with a big obvious fortress, and making sure to kill their target in public areas before vanishing.

So yeah, assassins are secretive, but up until a certain point in history, they were not so secretive to the point that no average civillian had ever heard of them in a vague way, or that they couldn't shout their name on the street.

I can go to a mall and shout that I'm a gallbender, but you have no idea what that means.
Yeah... No one knew about them alright..

Vigilantes: "We must help the Assassin"
Criers: "Capture the Assassin Brotherhood"
Recruits: "I will join you, Assassin"

But you have a point regarding them being wiped from the history books..

projectpat06
08-26-2012, 05:28 AM

Is that when you bend over to touch your toes for money?

Honestly the thing that is the most cringeworthy is fans complaining and cringing about Assassins Creed mishaps when it's really not a huge deal

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Cesare: Lucreziiiiiaaaahhhh. (Starting the incest in Castello Crasher.)

Blind2Society
08-26-2012, 02:38 PM
Regardless of how "historically accurate" it was, it was still terrible. I seriously felt embarrassed in real life when they said it.

NewBlade200
08-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Desmond in Brotherhood saying "But what if there's memories I just want to forget". I have never wanted to punch a game character so bad :mad:

MT4K
08-26-2012, 03:05 PM
Desmond in Brotherhood saying "But what if there's memories I just want to forget". I have never wanted to punch a game character so bad :mad:

Punch your monitor instead :p.

Note: I take no responsibility for damage caused to monitors should somebody actually do this!

pacmanate
08-26-2012, 03:22 PM

What's wrong with that?

ACfan443
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
What's wrong with that?

Probably because memories are locked away in his DNA, not his own memories, so he can't really forget them

andreja110s
08-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I so hate the assassins´ tombs in AC2! I hated it when I couldn´t turn the camera the way I wanted( and I had to run to the gates several times, OVER AND OVER AGAIN) and belive me, I just wanted to grab the entire computer and throw it through the window... from the second floor.

POP1Fan
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Bartolomeo looking for "Bianca" in AC2, the fight between Ezio and Cesare at the end of Brotherhood, Dante Moro winning the Golden Mask in AC2 and the worst of all, Caterina Sforza. Everytime she was on screen I wanted to kill myself.

Toa TAK
08-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Oh God. That is my least favorite line in the history of language. Everytime they said it (especially the time you mentioned) I felt ashamed to be playing the game.

That is exactly how I felt. -_-

This line was the most cringeworthy for me. Actually, the only cringeworthy one for me.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Regardless of how "historically accurate" it was, it was still terrible. I seriously felt embarrassed in real life when they said it.
Well then you felt exactly as you would have if you were really experiencing history.

De Filosoof
08-26-2012, 07:25 PM
When Ezio blew up the underground city of Cappadocia in ACR, it was stupid and made no sense whatsoever.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:28 PM
When Ezio blew up the underground city of Cappadocia in ACR, it was stupid and made no sense whatsoever.
Why ? The Gunpowder had to be destroyed somehow, and it also served in smoking out Manuel..

Reckless sure, but certainly not stupid

De Filosoof
08-26-2012, 07:34 PM
Why ? The Gunpowder had to be destroyed somehow, and it also served in smoking out Manuel..

Reckless sure, but certainly not stupid

It didn't fit his personallity. He could have found a much better way to get rid of the gunpowder and Manuel. I have the feeling that it was in the game just for the sake of adding another "hollywood explosion" and to make the area between the assassins and templars more grey, just like all the other failed attempts in the game.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:39 PM
It didn't fit his personallity. He could have found a much better way to get rid of the gunpowder and Manuel. I have the feeling that it was in the game just for the sake of adding another "hollywood explosion" and to make the area between the assassins and templars more grey, just like all the other failed attempts in the game.
It perfectly fit, Ezio in ACR grew more of a grouch and didn't really want to waste his time with all the crap, He was here for the Seals and nothing more, in all honesty, Ezio retired ever since going to Masyaf, but did it officially at the end of the game. His fight wasn't for the Assassins, nor their goals, he had a Personal agenda and he acted upon it.

And that's your opinion whether or not you think that the attempts failed or not, I thought they were brilliant, it expanded more on Ezio`s personality as an older man. He was grouchy, Moody, angry, Paranoid.. Revelations kinda put the steps towards that change of character..

Jay_2750
08-26-2012, 07:41 PM
Agreed with Assassin_M.

De Filosoof
08-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I thought they were brilliant, it expanded more on Ezio`s personality as an older man. He was grouchy, Moody, angry, Paranoid.. Revelations kinda put the steps towards that change of character..

Was he? I think he was a lot wiser than in previous Ezio games (especially AC2), that's why it felt kinda out of place for me.

Calvarok
08-26-2012, 07:43 PM
The point of blowing up Cappidocia was threefold: Smoke Manuel out, Destroy gunpowder and weapons and resources of the Templars, and flush the Templars out of their own home, hampering the effectiveness in the region.

It's not out of character at all. Ezio looked at what he had to work with and came up with a brutal and efficient plan.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Was he? I think he was a lot wiser than in previous Ezio games (especially AC2), that's why it felt kinda out of place for me.
In Embers, he was all of the things I mentioned. Revelations sort of had some hints at those, sure he was wise and all, but he became Impatient and a bit of grouch..he was at his coldest during ACR..

De Filosoof
08-26-2012, 07:45 PM
Fine but it was my "cringeworthy" moment from the AC games. Don't like it? too bad.

I always try to avoid killing innocent civilians in AC games so i don't like it when it gets forced on me.

Assassin_M
08-26-2012, 07:51 PM
Fine but it was my "cringeworthy" moment from the AC games. Don't like it? too bad.

I always try to avoid killing innocent civilians in AC games so i don't like it when it gets forced on me.
I wasn't arguing whether or not you should find it "Cringe worthy"
I was arguing how you found it "stupid"

De Filosoof
08-26-2012, 07:57 PM
I wasn't arguing whether or not you should find it "Cringe worthy"
I was arguing how you found it "stupid"

It was a response to Calvarok.

Aphex_Tim
08-26-2012, 09:38 PM
"FORZA BORGIA! Let's show him some Borgia hospitality boys! FORZA BORGIA! Let's show him some Borgia hospitality boys! FORZA BORGIA!"
~Borgia Captain

All the f*cking time....

TheHumanTowel
08-26-2012, 09:54 PM
"FORZA BORGIA! Let's show him some Borgia hospitality boys! FORZA BORGIA! Let's show him some Borgia hospitality boys! FORZA BORGIA!"
~Borgia Captain

All the f*cking time....
The word Borgia was said far too many times in ACB.

LoyalACFan
08-26-2012, 11:28 PM
and the worst of all, Caterina Sforza. Everytime she was on screen I wanted to kill myself.

I only hated her in Brotherhood. She was much more entertaining in AC2, what with the constant stream of lewd profanity she was always screaming. In ACB she was just kinda... meh. Y'know, aside from the sex scene.

menumaxibestof
08-27-2012, 05:17 AM
I think that for me, there were three cringe-worthy moments :

- In AC2, when Desmond and Lucy are escaping Abstergo, Desmond says "What's the plural of "Animus"? Is it "Animuses"? "Animi"? What do you think, Lucy? ... Lucy?"
I just wanted to take a gun and shoot my monitor.

- In AC2, there is this odd sci-fi system with the skull-button that Ezio uses to access the secret tomb areas. You know, Ezio pushes the button, then you hear a kind of "Schrink-zwip-zong-krik-krak-chik" song (I think it is the same which is used in the Transformers movies when the cars transform into robots :p ), and the wall opens... What the hell ? Are we still in the 15th century ? Who had this idea ?

- In Revelations, Ezio and Sofia talking normally while Ezio is trying to avoid houses with a parachute, 20 meters above her.

Calvarok
08-27-2012, 06:05 AM

It didn't kill them. And besides, the assassin qualifier for "Innocent" means "not following people who do bad stuff and not being in our way."

The people living in cappidocia are affiliates of the templar order, on a low level scale.

Also you didn't kill them: just forced them out of their home.

GLHS
08-27-2012, 07:48 AM
~Borgia Captain

All the f*cking time....

Yeah, I just finished the game again and it drove me nuts. For some reason, the repetitiveness didn't bother me much until now, other than in AC1. But going through the games again, it really does start getting annoying in AC2, and by the time you hit AC:B, it's like they stopped caring. The Borgia captains, every time you save a citizen and bring them into the order (The Liberation of Roma has begun), and not to mention the things the citizens say after. Sometimes you'll get 2 in a row that say the same line. They reused so many lines from AC2 also for NPC's in general. At least AC:R has a little variety in NPC lines.

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 09:06 AM
I only hated her in Brotherhood. She was much more entertaining in AC2, what with the constant stream of lewd profanity she was always screaming. In ACB she was just kinda... meh. Y'know, aside from the sex scene.

In AC2 she wasn't that bad untill the worst piece of crap I have seen from this series. When the Orsi brothers capture her children and she raises her dress and tells them she has the tool to make others... I barely held myself from hitting the screen. I mean, yes, she might have a ******, but with that face I don't think anyone would even touch that ogre.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 09:31 AM
but with that face I don't think anyone would even touch that ogre.

Now now, you must be real hit with the ladies!

xXConnorzzXx
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
I had to think about this one for a while, since I'm such an Assassins Creed fanboy, I kinda ignore those cliche moments.
but in my opinion it has to be the famous "I'ts a me Mario!" it just made me feel like Mario Auditore was a huge metagamer for the rest of the game.

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 11:03 AM
Now now, you must be real hit with the ladies!

When you talk like Caterina, you can't call yourself a lady xD

D.I.D.
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
In AC2 she wasn't that bad untill the worst piece of crap I have seen from this series. When the Orsi brothers capture her children and she raises her dress and tells them she has the tool to make others... I barely held myself from hitting the screen. I mean, yes, she might have a ******, but with that face I don't think anyone would even touch that ogre.

That's actually what happened in the real event (although If I remember rightly, it was Cesare himself who led that siege). Contemporary accounts say she hoisted up her skirts and said pretty much those exact words.

Not sure why that made you so mad anyway.

Aphex_Tim
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
When you talk like Caterina, you can't call yourself a lady xD

...valid point. :p

POP1Fan
08-27-2012, 12:19 PM
That's actually what happened in the real event (although If I remember rightly, it was Cesare himself who led that siege). Contemporary accounts say she hoisted up her skirts and said pretty much those exact words.

Not sure why that made you so mad anyway.

This doesn't make the scene any better. Acurate, of course, cringeworthy, of course as well, imo.

D.I.D.
08-27-2012, 01:45 PM
This doesn't make the scene any better. Acurate, of course, cringeworthy, of course as well, imo.

To me, it's one of the things that places her among history's greatest BAMFs, but it's all a matter of perception I suppose.

If she made you cringe with that, I don't know how you made it through three whole games of Ezio's sexual swagger without splitting your atoms!

BeCk41
08-28-2012, 07:57 AM
The Altair and Maria sex scene, couldn't look at him in the same way after that haha

Probably this XD

ACfan443
04-18-2013, 04:02 PM
Felt like reviving this thread :D

My new cringiest moment would have to be the part in AC3's opening/recap where William Miles dramatically exclaims "that ominous date, DECEMBER 21ST 2012, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT WILL BRING...!"

That was cheesy beyond belief.

TheHumanTowel
04-18-2013, 04:13 PM

My new cringiest moment would have to be the part in AC3's opening/recap where William Miles dramatically exclaims "that ominous date, DECEMBER 21ST 2012, NO ONE KNOWS WHAT IT WILL BRING...!"

That opening recap was cringey indeed. I also cringed at the CGI cutscene during the ending. The CGI cutscene at the end of Revelations was awful as well. What's with Ubisoft forcing terrible PS2-esque cutscenes into AC recently?

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 04:17 PM

It was not cheesy IMO, but I had an eerie realization that the last time someone said something like this in a videogame (we have something but we don't know what it brings!) it didn't go down too well *cough* Mass Effect 3 Crucible *cough* It was an uneasy feeling. I remember thinking... oh noes, that doesn't sound too good..

Anyway my cringeworthy moment: The Cristina sex scene at the beginning of AC2 :nonchalance: I'd have added Connor's infamous "Freedom IS peace!" line too, but I realize that it was designed to make him look stupid, so it served its purpose.

Billiam301
04-18-2013, 04:27 PM
On AC1 when you're casually running through the streets and you simply nudge a guard, they instantly shout 'INFIDEL!!!'. makes me cringe every time

Kaschra
04-18-2013, 04:37 PM
"What would you have me do?" makes me cringe.
And basically everytime Connor mentions Charles Lee. Can't take that seriously anymore xD

pirate1802
04-18-2013, 04:53 PM
"What would you have me do?" makes me cringe.
And basically everytime Connor mentions Charles Lee. Can't take that seriously anymore xD

Watching Spartacus, this "what would you have me do?" is said too many times there as well. I almost had a sense of Deja Vu every time I heard it there. :p

Kaschra
04-18-2013, 05:02 PM
Watching Spartacus, this "what would you have me do?" is said too many times there as well. I almost had a sense of Deja Vu every time I heard it there. :p
Wow, how could you endure this? xD

Assassin_M
04-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Connor getting captured at the funeral...It wasn't so cringy the first time, but the 3 times I replayed that mission and thought how much this LOOKS STUPID and how much this could`v been better...I cringe

warner4692
04-19-2013, 03:22 AM
Ooh... That's a tough call between William's intro in ACIII or the first time I heard Subject 16's "new voice" in ACR...

Probably just Sixteen's realization, as a whole.

PandaPuff86
04-19-2013, 05:23 AM
Cringeworthy? Den Defense. nuff said...

Jayden26
04-19-2013, 05:31 AM
Most cringe worthy moment for me was the Boston tea mission where you had to throw boxes of tea into the harbour, I just thought it was so totally stupid and made Conner look like a ****.

I-Like-Pie45
04-19-2013, 05:34 AM
Ezio being rather nonchalant about blowing up an entire city killing hundreds of innocent civilians just so he could kill Manuel.

Aphex_Tim
04-19-2013, 06:47 AM
"What do...you...women....like?"
Ugh xD

Jack_Pirate
04-19-2013, 07:20 AM
my most cringe worthy moment: "Itsa me! Mario!"

i was like seriously??

VitaminsXYZ
04-19-2013, 07:33 AM
"What do...you...women....like?"
Ugh xD

Haha I found that more hilarious than anything. I like how the devs gave him all these cringeworthy lines, showing how clueless he could be at times.
"But we destroyed the tea!"

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 07:49 AM
Cringeworthy? Den Defense. nuff said...

THANK YOU.

Sweet baby Jesus that was terrible.

Other than that, AC3 every time someone said... "What do you propose" Haha. I think Ziio, Connor, and Haytham Said this line at least once or twice.

shobhit7777777
04-19-2013, 08:06 AM
Every time Ezio did went on another over the top Bombastic missions directed by Michael Bay (**** you Revelations! for going overboard with it)

and every time Desmond appeared on screen...or opened his mouth...basically everytime I exited the animus.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 08:12 AM
every time Desmond appeared on screen...or opened his mouth...basically everytime I exited the animus.

This!

Sushiglutton
04-19-2013, 08:42 AM
The ending of AC3. SPOILER Desmond got the choice to either touch a magical sphere which would activate an ancient technology that would save the world from a solar flare, but kill him and release an evil girl, dressed as I don't know what, called Juno that will enslave the world. Or he could choose to not touch the sphere, let the earth scorch and then emerge as a white-bearded prophet.

Contrived doesn't even begin to describe it :nonchalance:.

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:07 AM
The ending of AC3. SPOILER Desmond got the choice to either touch a magical sphere which would activate an ancient technology that would save the world from a solar flare, but kill him and release an evil girl, dressed as I don't know what, called Juno that will enslave the world. Or he could choose to not touch the sphere, let the earth scorch and then emerge as a white-bearded prophet.

It would have been cool to have a choice in this matter... but considering we really haven't received a choice on what to do in this game since AC1, I feel his death should have been more glorious considering he was like a messiah, not just he falls, at first I though he just passed out. Haha!

Aphex_Tim
04-19-2013, 09:18 AM
"But we destroyed the tea!"

I've never fully realized how silly that actually sounds. :p

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:20 AM
I've never fully realized how silly that actually sounds. :pHaha indeed, it only just came to me then.

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 09:49 AM
I must be the only one on Planet Earth who actually enjoyed the Den Defense..

TheHumanTowel
04-19-2013, 09:51 AM

It doesn't even explain how the sphere saves the world and how releasing Juno was a requirement.

roostersrule2
04-19-2013, 09:51 AM
I must be the only one on Planet Earth who actually enjoyed the Den Defense..I didn't understand the hype about it, liked it at first, now that mission in ACR is one of the worst in the series.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:52 AM
I did too..

lets make our own planet

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 09:54 AM
I did too..

lets make our own planet

Find some females first.. would be awkward otherwise..

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 09:57 AM
We`ll have our own Harem

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 09:58 AM

well you two could... *snicker* lol! No but seriously. After playing den defense a couple of time I just couldn't stand it anymore and just avoided it AT ALL COST.

Assassin_M
04-19-2013, 10:00 AM
well you two could... *snicker* lol! No but seriously. After playing den defense a couple of time i just couldn't stand it anymore and just avoided it at all cost.
kill the alien female type

poptartz20
04-19-2013, 10:11 AM
kill the alien female type

There will ALWAYS BE MORE.

Aphex_Tim
04-19-2013, 10:46 AM

I like Den Defense until they start throwing ****ing fire-breathing tanks at you that blast through your fortifications instantly and take a bazillion cannon***** and Assassin recruits to destroy.

Edit: I can't believe the word b.a.l.l.s. has been censored.....

Kaschra
04-19-2013, 01:44 PM
I have no problem at all with Den Defense. The hate it gets is really exaggerated, some peopel act like you are forced to play it a thousand times...
And no, M and pirate1802, I won't be part of your harem :p

And the "It's a-me, Mario" scene is like the best scene ever. I couldn't stop laughing xD

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 01:46 PM
At first I hated den Defence and then I liked it. I must have masochistic tendencies. What's this harem talk? lol

Kaschra
04-19-2013, 01:53 PM
At first I hated den Defence and then I liked it. I must have masochistic tendencies. What's this harem talk? lol

M and Pirate want to create their own planet for people who like Den Defense.
And they need a harem xD

silvermercy
04-19-2013, 01:57 PM
M and Pirate want to create their own planet for people who like Den Defense.
And they need a harem xD
Ah I see! lol I will create my neighbouring planet then! You can come, too, and we will be safe from any harems. lol

Kaschra
04-19-2013, 02:00 PM
Ah I see! lol I will create my neighbouring planet then! You can come, too, and we will be safe from any harems. lol
Yeah!

Back to topic, Connor's "What do you propose" annoys me, too. Just like the god old annoying "What would you have me do?"
If Connor gets another game and he says one of these two sentences again, I will explode xD

pirate1802
04-19-2013, 02:17 PM
I like Den Defense until they start throwing ****ing fire-breathing tanks at you that blast through your fortifications instantly and take a bazillion cannon***** and Assassin recruits to destroy.

I hated that firetank at first, but took it as a challenge. I had to plan for it, build fortifications in advance.., and it was interesting.

And this harem talk is the creation of the pervert M. I never asked for this..

xboxauditore
04-19-2013, 03:49 PM
"GUARDS!"

"GUARDS!"

I loved Cesare, but holy God man, shut up and fight yourself.

Kaschra
04-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Speaking of Cesare...

"GIVE ME APPLE!!!" "WHERE IS THE APPLE!!"

Wow, that was annoying... now that I think about it, that's kinda like Connor with his Charles Lee obsession, just with the apple instead O_o
Just replace the word apple with Lee and there you have it.

jayjay275
04-19-2013, 04:22 PM
All I remember hearing in ACB combat was "BORGIA NOW!"

Crouching.Tiger
04-19-2013, 05:49 PM
II: Desmond "Stoned Captain Obvious" Miles' commentary on his Altaïr flashback. Also "Hey Ezio! Here, over here!" repeated forever in Forlí by Leonardo.
Brotherhood: Lucrezia Borgia hamming it up every time she's near Caterina Sforza (although it was really funny).

warner4692
04-19-2013, 09:10 PM
Speaking of Cesare...

"GIVE ME APPLE!!!" "WHERE IS THE APPLE!!"

Wow, that was annoying... now that I think about it, that's kinda like Connor with his Charles Lee obsession, just with the apple instead O_o
Just replace the word apple with Lee and there you have it.

Seconded!

ACfan443
04-19-2013, 09:13 PM
II: Desmond "Stoned Captain Obvious" Miles' commentary on his Altaïr flashback. Also "Hey Ezio! Here, over here!" repeated forever in Forlí by Leonardo.
Brotherhood: Lucrezia Borgia hamming it up every time she's near Caterina Sforza (although it was really funny).

Wow, you must be the oldest member here

dxsxhxcx
04-19-2013, 09:19 PM
any moment with Cesare after the attack to the Villa and ACR's final (flying) battle with Ahmet..

Bastiaen
04-19-2013, 10:32 PM

No, I still love it. It's one of my favorite features. I still can't understand why people hate it. No one has ever given me a clear answer.

TheHumanTowel
04-19-2013, 10:35 PM
No, I still love it. It's one of my favorite features. I still can't understand why people hate it. No one has ever given me a clear answer.
It's really out of place in an Assassin's Creed game.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 10:38 PM
Pretty much the whole Myriam and the French dude storyline. So awkwardly cringey.

dxsxhxcx
04-19-2013, 10:47 PM

just stand there shooting at other people and placing units was boring, I don't have anything against the strategic factor Den Defense provided to the player, choosing different units, placing them in strategic places, IMO the problem was what we had to do as Ezio right after that.

pacmanate
04-19-2013, 11:03 PM
Pretty much the whole Myriam and the French dude storyline. So awkwardly cringey.

But that was cute.

Getting Connor to stalk her camp whilst she could be doing anything.

Megas_Doux
04-19-2013, 11:06 PM
1 VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2"GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS By Cesare Borgia....
3 Ezio fighting fighting ahmet...

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 11:11 PM
But that was cute.

Getting Connor to stalk her camp whilst she could be doing anything.

Man, nothing cuter than some unauthorised, healthy stalking.

ArabianFrost
04-19-2013, 11:13 PM
1 VITTORIA AGLI ASSASSINI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
2"GUAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARDS By Cesare Borgia....
3 Ezio fighting fighting ahmet...

I remember that in ACB. It was horribly generic. Also, that half-arsed speech he gave in AC2 about family and crap. It felt like a cheap sit-com with alleged moral lessons.

Aphex_Tim
04-19-2013, 11:19 PM
All I remember hearing in ACB combat was "BORGIA NOW!"

Forza Borgia! Let's give him some Borgia hospitality, boys! Forza Borgia! Let's give him some Borgia hospitality, boys! Forza Borgia! Let's give him some Borgia hospitality, boys! Forza Borgia!

All the ****ing time!

warner4692
04-20-2013, 02:55 AM
It's really out of place in an Assassin's Creed game.

I don't know if that's it. I don't think games should be designed according to what "fits" or not. Technically, the den defense fit fine. There's no one, specific way an Assassin's Creed game should be designed. Everything (or almost everything, anyway) is an option.

However...

...I think the reason it met such criticisms was because it was really slow and clunky. It felt extraneous and unnecessary. Especially since the player usually loses, at which point reclaiming the den was as simple as going back and killing the templar guarding it. So it also felt pointless.

I mean, when I heard about the den mechanics, my first thought was it would be great to get to rush back to my dens and kill a whole lot of templars to reclaim them. ACR was a long, arduous road for me, anyway. So by the time I actually had to defend a den, and I found myself looking at this weird mini-game, I was instantly annoyed. Apparently, other people felt the same thing.

But, hey, don't feel bad. I've got my own fair share, as well.

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 03:06 AM
I don't know if that's it. I don't think games should be designed according to what "fits" or not. Technically, the den defense fit fine. There's no one, specific way an Assassin's Creed game should be designed. Everything (or almost everything, anyway) is an option.

Wow, finally who sees this too..

Sl1ckM4st3r
04-20-2013, 03:36 AM
I think Assassin's Creed games should be designed with the intention to simply design history in the accurate way that it is supposed to be portrayed. Naval combat can be used as an example of this.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 04:08 AM
Personnally it was the dialogue between Ezio and the Palaiologuos, it was so bad, I thought Ezio would finally had a real discussion, a real opposotion with words and ideas, to confront the Templars not only by ****ing their heads, but by talking too, just like Haytham & Conor did in AC3.

The line >

Palaiologuos says
''You, you take advantage of a poor and displaced people, using us to further your own vain quest. But we fight fo dignity. Assassin. We figth to restore peace to this troubled land.
-Templars are always quick to talk of peace, but very slow to concede power.
-Because power tege's peace, idiot. It cannot happen in reverse. This people will drown without a firm had to lift them up, and keep them in line!
-There he is, there's the monster I came to kill.''

WRONG ANSWER, TRY AGAIN! PLEASE, DON'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK A FOOL EVEN MORE!.

Seriously that last line of Ezio just make me lost hope in the game.

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 04:10 AM
Personnally it was the dialogue between Ezio and the Palaiologuos, it was so bad, I thought Ezio would finally had a real discussion, a real opposotion with words and ideas, to confront the Templars not only by ****ing their heads, but by talking too, just like Haytham & Conor did in AC3.

The line >

Palaiologuos says
''You, you take advantage of a poor and displaced people, using us to further your own vain quest. But we fight fo dignity. Assassin. We figth to restore peace to this troubled land.
-Templars are always quick to talk of peace, but very slow to concede power.
-Because power tege's peace, idiot. It cannot happen in reverse. This people will drown without a firm had to lift them up, and keep them in line!
-There he is, there's the monster I came to kill.''

WRONG ANSWER, TRY AGAIN! PLEASE, DON'T MAKE YOURSELF LOOK A FOOL EVEN MORE!.

Seriously that last line of Ezio just make me lost hope in the game.

I think that line was meant to make Ezio look stupid and bloodthirsty, much as Connor's "Freedom IS peace" line was meant to make him look like an idiot. It worked as intended!

Stardust235
04-20-2013, 04:23 AM
When Desmond stops to talk to Vidic even though he's RIGHT there and then makes no effort to get him when the truck starts to drive off.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 04:25 AM
I think that line was meant to make Ezio look stupid and bloodthirsty, much as Connor's "Freedom IS peace" line was meant to make him look like an idiot. It worked as intended!

They are limits, Connor was a young native Assassin who knew basically nothing of the European wolrd.

Ezio was a full grown Master Assassin, Il Mentore, who was an Assassin and for more then 30 years. He had all the time to get arguments againts Templars, to know them, to understand the Creed, his motivations, etc. More, he red the book of Altair wich is full of philosophical content about the Templer, the Assasin, the humanity's weakness, the Creed, the new world Order and much other stuff.

He had ALL the knowledge to answer properly to Palaiologuos. A simple:

-Peace is not meant to be impose by force, it is something that's need to be embrace, that's why the Templar Order will never reach ther goal. You cannot control the human kind, because we will always rise againts you, , I've personally spent more than 30 years, serching for the Truth, and the Truth is, that their none, they are no final answers, they are no revelations, we are the master of our world, and it is to us to choose, what we want it to be. Requiescat, in pace.

Took me five minutes/

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 04:34 AM
They are limits, Connor was a young native Assassin who knew basically nothing of the European wolrd.

Ezio was a full grown Master Assassin, Il Mentore, who was an Assassin and for more then 30 years. He had all the time to get arguments againts Templars, to know them, to understand the Creed, his motivations, etc. More, he red the book of Altair wich is full of philosophical content about the Templer, the Assasin, the humanity's weakness, the Creed, the new world Order and much other stuff.

He had ALL the knowledge to answer properly to Palaiologuos. A simple:

-Peace is not meant to be impose by force, it is something that's need to be embrace, that's why the Templar Order will never reach ther goal. You cannot control the human kind, because we will always rise againts you, , I've personally spent more than 30 years, serching for the Truth, and the Truth is, that their none, they are no final answers, they are no revelations, we are the master of our world, and it is to us to choose, what we want it to be. Requiescat, in pace.

Took me five minutes/

Revelations portrayed a certain ruthless and tired Ezio. I'm sure in Brotherhood he'd have uttered these words. But in Revelations remember how he starts a roit just to get in the armoury? Or how he puts an entire city in danger to get to Manuel? he was tired and just wanted to finish his job. He didn't have in it him anymore. What you said essentially boils down to: Peace cannot be forced and you're a monster if you try to do it. Brotherhood Ezio would have given a longass lecture. Revelation's tired and "I don't care" Ezio thought it sufficient to just give a brief description and get on with his job. makes sense.

By the way, what d'ya think of the conversation between Ezio and Ahmet? I thought he was owned harder there than with Manuel. And I enjoyed that. :p

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 05:36 AM
Revelations portrayed a certain ruthless and tired Ezio. I'm sure in Brotherhood he'd have uttered these words. But in Revelations remember how he starts a roit just to get in the armoury? Or how he puts an entire city in danger to get to Manuel? he was tired and just wanted to finish his job. He didn't have in it him anymore. What you said essentially boils down to: Peace cannot be forced and you're a monster if you try to do it. Brotherhood Ezio would have given a longass lecture. Revelation's tired and "I don't care" Ezio thought it sufficient to just give a brief description and get on with his job. makes sense.

By the way, what d'ya think of the conversation between Ezio and Ahmet? I thought he was owned harder there than with Manuel. And I enjoyed that. :p

Well, I was expecting great dialogue because of him being tired of fighting and running and climbing, an you know, regular stuff. I personnaly think the devs were just too lazy to do a great and long dialogue, a real confrontation between Assassin indeology and Templar ideology, probably because Corey May wasn't there. :/

And, just looked the monolo...dialogue between Ahmet and Ezio. He just get grounded, and his responses aren't even better than Connor's one. But Suleiman kinda respond for him:

''The wolrd is a tapessery of many colours and patterns. A just leader would celebrate this, not seek to unravel it.
-He fears the disorder that comes from difference.
-That's why we make laws to live by, a set of laws that applies to all in equal measure.''

Actually Ezio, instead of giving the answer, take people to find it by theirselfs, I think that's he meant when he said that it would be a hard challenge to get a son like him, that it will be very difficult to find someone who understands so well the philosophy of the Assassins.

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 05:53 AM
Well, I was expecting great dialogue because of him being tired of fighting and running and climbing, an you know, regular stuff. I personnaly think the devs were just too lazy to do a great and long dialogue, a real confrontation between Assassin indeology and Templar ideology, probably because Corey May wasn't there. :/

And, just looked the monolo...dialogue between Ahmet and Ezio. He just get grounded, and his responses aren't even better than Connor's one. But Suleiman kinda respond for him:

''The wolrd is a tapessery of many colours and patterns. A just leader would celebrate this, not seek to unravel it.
-He fears the disorder that comes from difference.
-That's why we make laws to live by, a set of laws that applies to all in equal measure.''

Actually Ezio, instead of giving the answer, take people to find it by theirselfs, I think that's he meant when he said that it would be a hard challenge to get a son like him, that it will be very difficult to find someone who understands so well the philosophy of the Assassins.

Well most of the Assassins we have seen till now are kinda deluded. To have a really nice Templar-Assassin debate you'd have to pit Altair against Haytham and we know that isn't happening.. I never saw Ezio as a particularly bright individual, his skills lay in killing people same with Connor. Those dialogs with Ahmet and Manuel fit right into my mental image of Assassins and Ezio in particular.

Even back in AC1, Altair never had proper replies to the dying men's questions. He wisened up after AC1. So you can't say the devs got lazy, probably they indeed wanted to portray the Assassins as naive.

AdamPearce
04-20-2013, 06:11 AM
Well most of the Assassins we have seen till now are kinda deluded. To have a really nice Templar-Assassin debate you'd have to pit Altair against Haytham and we know that isn't happening.. I never saw Ezio as a particularly bright individual, his skills lay in killing people same with Connor. Those dialogs with Ahmet and Manuel fit right into my mental image of Assassins and Ezio in particular.

Even back in AC1, Altair never had proper replies to the dying men's questions. He wisened up after AC1. So you can't say the devs got lazy, probably they indeed wanted to portray the Assassins as naive.

Actually Ezio did a really great sppech in the DLC Bonfires of Vanities and Altair wrote a book, yet after AC1 (he was 25 years old so...) but he is the one I think acquired the greatest wisdom trough all, Assassin and Templar. He's like the ultimate One. But Ezio isn't naive, he knows why he fights for the Assassins and the purpose of the Brotherhood.

And for the rap battle Altair VS Haytham, we can do it, actually we are doing it, every day, people debate on this, some are wiser than order and own everyone, but sometimes you find really interesting argumentations betgween two persons. And that's real nice to read.

pirate1802
04-20-2013, 06:40 AM
Actually Ezio did a really great sppech in the DLC Bonfires of Vanities and Altair wrote a book, yet after AC1 (he was 25 years old so...) but he is the one I think acquired the greatest wisdom trough all, Assassin and Templar. He's like the ultimate One. But Ezio isn't naive, he knows why he fights for the Assassins and the purpose of the Brotherhood.

Ofcourse he knows as much. I doubt you'll find an assassin who doesn't know why he fights. Even Connor knows as much. That doesn't qualify him as a wiseguy though. He didn't improvise on this knowledge, he didn't add to it, as Altair did. He parrots the lines taught to him without thinking them over, much like Connor. And he gets his *** handed to him whenever he debates with Templars with atleast some degree of intellect. Altair on the other hand, turned them over and over in his mind and came to the conclusion that fighting was futile as both sides wished for the same thing.

warner4692
04-21-2013, 04:01 AM
Wow, finally who sees this too..

:) And Assassin's Creed is, fortunately, not the worst offender on this.

When Desmond stops to talk to Vidic even though he's RIGHT there and then makes no effort to get him when the truck starts to drive off.

Imagine how different (and possibly even better) it could have turned out if Desmond had put those newly-acquired assassin skills to use, and just rushed right up and killed the *******. So much more satisfying than the way he actually killed him in ACIII...

Assassin_M
04-21-2013, 04:05 AM

And for the rap battle Altair VS Haytham, we can do it, actually we are doing it, every day, people debate on this, some are wiser than order and own everyone, but sometimes you find really interesting argumentations betgween two persons. And that's real nice to read.
I think we never saw Ezio put in an Idiotic situation before ACR, because.....He never met AC I and III-Caliber Templars before then....in AC II and ACB, they were just power hungry, cruel *******s...the only Innocent Ezio killed in AC II was Dante and NO ONE mentioned that in the game...I expected Silvio to be like "You talk of peace and yet here, you murder this man-child"

-___-

Klagermeister
04-21-2013, 07:21 AM
Meh, I have no real moments like that when I played these games.
After reading through this thread, that which others saw as cringeworthy I felt was perfectly understandable, given the characters, setting, and time period.

ACfan443
04-21-2013, 09:48 AM
A few more of mine:

"Mi cosa, shoot, shoot the flying demon!"

When Lucrezia and Cesare first showed their 'affection' towards each other *vomits*

Connor's awkward farewell speeches, they sound like a bad imitation of Ezio's "requiescat in pace"

lothario-da-be
04-21-2013, 09:49 AM
The first time we saw an apple of eden, the first time we saw a TWCB and all the desmond missions in AC3.