PDA

View Full Version : British Cavalry and "Bloody Ban/The *****er"

projectpat06
08-23-2012, 06:53 AM
I've seen soldiers and I've seen horses, but I've yet to see the British cavalry except for a few red coats Connor takes out wearing the cavalry hat in the Boston demo. My question is will the British cavalry be implemented in the battles with all the foot soldiers or will that be something that is too much to include. I hope not. I want to take these jokers down especially when there are a hundred of them riding towards you. Also, it would be neat to have them include Banastre Tarleton aka Bloody Ban or the *****er. Look him up on wikipedia. If you've seen The Patriot then you will know the main antagonist is loosely based on this guy. What do you guys/ladies think?

morpheusPrime08
08-23-2012, 07:01 AM
And here we go........

massmurdera_666
08-23-2012, 07:21 AM
^ agreed

kriegerdesgottes
08-23-2012, 07:37 AM
I'm sure Tarleton will make an appearance. I'd be surprised if he doesn't. He actually wrote a journal though where he claimed not to have actually been as cruel as the Americans had said but who knows the truth.

Locopells
08-23-2012, 09:59 AM
Loosely...

You mean the Amercian's might have lied to make themselves look better?! Heaven forbid...

I should add though, they're hardly the first.

projectpat06
08-23-2012, 06:59 PM
The main reason I started this thread was to see if anyone knew anything about the british cavalry being in the battles in the game and how do you think that'll work? I just added in the part on Banastre Tarleton since he was part of cavalry and he would make for a good character. I don't care how he's depicted just like I didn't care about how they depicted the corrupted Catholic Church in AC2 and ACB. It just makes for a good story.

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 07:04 PM
The main reason I started this thread was to see if anyone knew anything about the british cavalry being in the battles in the game and how do you think that'll work? I just added in the part on Banastre Tarleton since he was part of cavalry and he would make for a good character. I don't care how he's depicted just like I didn't care about how they depicted the corrupted Catholic Church in AC2 and ACB. It just makes for a good story.
Then you shouldn't have included this

I want to take these jokers down especially when there are a hundred of them riding towards you

Nor this

If you've seen The Patriot then you will know the main, heartless antagonist is loosely based on this guy and I personally despise him

Those were completely Unnecessary and would create complications we do not need.

itsamea-mario
08-23-2012, 07:14 PM
Then you shouldn't have included this

Nor this
[/COLOR]

Those were completely Unnecessary and would create complications we do not need.

He's talking about a character in a film. I've not seen it, but i have heard he's a bit of a bastard.

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 07:21 PM
He's talking about a character in a film. I've not seen it, but i have heard he's a bit of a bastard.
He makes it seem like the real-life guy was this "Bastard"
His implications will stir controversy on a topic that we had the humility of discussing..

projectpat06
08-23-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, my opinion was on the fictional character in the movie but he is based on Tarleton. As for the cavalry, what's wrong with saying I want to take them out? It's a video game based on History hundreds of years ago. It's not like I'm saying to any of my british brothers, I want to take your grandfather down! I want to be able to take some cavalry soldiers down like I took some roman guards down in ACB but the cavalries were huge in numbers. It was said out of excitement for this game not out of hatred. So would this be possible with the already thousands of infantry on screen?

Edited the original post

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 07:26 PM
Yeah, my opinion was on the fictional character in the movie but he is based on Tarleton. As for the cavalry, what's wrong with saying I want to take them out? It's a video game based on History hundreds of years ago. It's not like I'm saying to any of my british brothers, I want to take your grandfather down! I want to be able to take some cavalry soldiers down like I took some roman guards down in ACB but the cavalries were huge in numbers. It was said out of excitement for this game not out of hatred. So would this be possible with the already thousands of infantry on screen?
Mate.. this is a place that went up in fire when shown pixels and Polygons wearing red being killed.. ANY small or minor hint towards British=Evil or America=Good will be met with fire.

Evident by the first comment being "Here we go" you may not have had intentions to stir crap, but crap is stirred nonetheless..

Kables
08-24-2012, 04:29 AM
Mate.. this is a place that went up in fire when shown pixels and Polygons wearing red being killed.. ANY small or minor hint towards British=Evil or America=Good will be met with fire.

Evident by the first comment being "Here we go" you may not have had intentions to stir crap, but crap is stirred nonetheless..
stop complicating every thread.
patrick, good point i forgot about horseback combat. i'm excited to see how it changes battles

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 04:39 AM
stop complicating every thread.

Mother.. is that you ?
Unless you`re my mother, sorry but you do not tell me what to do..

I love all my haters, yeah you too

projectpat06
08-24-2012, 05:32 AM
I mean I like invoking controversy and emotions. It shows that some people care, but I really want to know whether or not people think the developers will include the 100 or 200 manned cavalry in some of the battles among the thousands of infantry and how exactly that would play out. Or will we only see soldiers on horses in caravans and such?

And thank you Kables

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 05:35 AM
I mean I like invoking controversy and emotions. It shows that some people care, but I really want to know whether or not people think the developers will include the 100 or 200 manned cavalry in some of the battles among the thousands of infantry and how exactly that would play out. Or will we only see soldiers on horses in caravans and such?
Sorry, mate for derailing the topic with my last post..

On-topic: It may be a bit of a trick, because then they wont be just rendering the Soldiers. Perhaps they may lessen the number of soldiers, but until I know the structure of the new Anvil next Engine, I cant fully decide whether its possible or not..

projectpat06
08-24-2012, 05:41 AM
Sorry, mate for derailing the topic with my last post..

On-topic: It may be a bit of a trick, because then they wont be just rendering the Soldiers. Perhaps they may lessen the number of soldiers, but until I know the structure of the new Anvil next Engine, I cant fully decide whether its possible or not..

No worries bud. And true that does make sense. I'm hoping some screenshots or gameplay previews will eventually give us the answer. Wish one of the forum managers could give us a hint.