PDA

View Full Version : Who is Connor related to ?

lightning667
08-22-2012, 01:49 AM
I'm not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I was wondering who do you think Connor is related to, Ezio or Altair.

Please explain why if you can.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 01:49 AM
None of the 2 and yes this has been discussed before..

lightning667
08-22-2012, 01:54 AM
Ok thank you.

I'll look for the thread.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 01:56 AM
Ok thank you.

I'll look for the thread.
You are very welcome, i`ll help you look for it.. If I find it before you do, I`ll post it here for you;)

lightning667
08-22-2012, 01:57 AM
That'd be real helpful. I just did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 02:01 AM
Connor descent (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/701355-Connor-from-Altair-s-Bloodline-Forums)

lightning667
08-22-2012, 02:03 AM
Thank you.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 03:57 AM
He doesn't have to be related to either. Nobody really spelled it out in that other thread, but think of it this way.

Connor marries a descendant of Ezio. So he's not related to Ezio by blood, but his child is. When that child grows up and marries one of Altair's descendants, their child (Connor's grandson) will have Connor, Ezio, and Altair's blood in him. And so will all of his descendants, including Desmond.

Blind2Society
08-22-2012, 04:19 AM
He doesn't have to be related to either. Nobody really spelled it out in that other thread, but think of it this way.

Connor marries a descendant of Ezio. So he's not related to Ezio by blood, but his child is. When that child grows up and marries one of Altair's descendants, their child (Connor's grandson) will have Connor, Ezio, and Altair's blood in him. And so will all of his descendants, including Desmond.

Well, this spawns a question for me. Connor will have eagle sense so either he does have some Altair/Ezio in him or his bloodline also has TWCB blood. Right?

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 04:22 AM
Well, this spawns a question for me. Connor will have eagle sense so either he does have some Altair/Ezio in him or his bloodline also has TWCB blood. Right?
Yes, that's the case. I would think that was obvious. They don't need to make him related to them, but he has to be related to SOME line with TWCB blood.

Blind2Society
08-22-2012, 04:26 AM
Yes, that's the case. I would think that was obvious. They don't need to make him related to them, but he has to be related to SOME line with TWCB blood.

Well yeah, it is obvious that if you have eagle sense you have a link to TWCB. However, how common is TWCB blood/eagle sense?

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 05:33 AM
Well yeah, it is obvious that if you have eagle sense you have a link to TWCB. However, how common is TWCB blood/eagle sense?

I believe Desmond's dad throws out a figure of one in ten million.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 09:16 AM
I believe Desmond's dad throws out a figure of one in ten million.
It was confirmed by the team that EVERY Modern Human has potential to unlock TWCB traits.

HisSpiritLives
08-22-2012, 09:18 AM
They probably have some conection.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 09:20 AM
They probably have some conection.
Directly ? No..

itsamea-mario
08-22-2012, 10:12 AM

Well the point is that Desmond is the convergence point of all these 'special' bloodlines.

The others are correct, every human has some TWCB DNA, that's just statistics, but only certain lines have particularly dominant TWCB genes, therefore only a few lines have a natural affinity for things such as eagle vision. The idea being that because all these special lines converge at Desmond, he has the potential to be extremely powerful.

Blind2Society
08-22-2012, 10:26 AM
Well I was thinking more along the lines of Connor having it as well more so than Desmond. If Connor doesn't descend from Altair or Ezio it just seemed strange that he has eagle sense as well and it's even more strange that Desmond has three separate ancestors from three separate bloodlines that all have it.

Then again, I'm not really aware of how common it is.

itsamea-mario
08-22-2012, 10:38 AM
Well I was thinking more along the lines of Connor having it as well more so than Desmond. If Connor doesn't descend from Altair or Ezio it just seemed strange that he has eagle sense as well and it's even more strange that Desmond has three separate ancestors from three separate bloodlines that all have it.

Then again, I'm not really aware of how common it is.

Well, Connor having it is no more strange than Ezio or Altair having it, neither of which are related to each other. As for Desmond, that's precisely the reason he is so special, because he is descended from each of these people.

As for how common eagle vision is, no one knows.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 03:35 PM
It was confirmed by the team that EVERY Modern Human has potential to unlock TWCB traits.

So what makes Desmond important then? If anybody can unlock their TWCB DNA, why can't they just pick up some random bum off the street (who would have to have SOME TWCB genes) find an ancestor with Eagle Vision, and strap him in the Animus until the bleeding effect kicks in enough for him to have "awakened the sixth"?

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 03:37 PM
I like the OP! First new person who goes off to use the search function!!!!

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 03:38 PM
So what makes Desmond important then? If anybody can unlock their TWCB DNA, why can't they just pick up some random bum off the street (who would have to have SOME TWCB genes) find an ancestor with Eagle Vision, and strap him in the Animus until the bleeding effect kicks in enough for him to have "awakened the sixth"?
Its his Bloodline thats Unique.. Because of it he has Ultra high amounts of TWCB genes..

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 03:40 PM
It has been said that he contains HIGH amounts of TWCB DNA. The key word is "high". If they said he HAS TWCB DNA then that would imply that no one has it. Like M said everyone has TWCB DNA, Desmond just has a high conc, due to his bloodline; Altair, Ezio and Connor.

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 07:55 PM
Its his Bloodline thats Unique.. Because of it he has Ultra high amounts of TWCB genes..

But what I'm saying is, why would that matter? If anybody can learn to unlock their TWCB DNA (and by extension, Eagle Vision and the ability to use POE's) what's the big deal about having a high TWCB blood content? Does he just learn it faster? Because that seems really lame.

And anyway, how is it that the entire human race wound up with TWCB DNA? That was why the Assassins were a big deal- according to 16's glyphs, they were the "children of two worlds." Not every single human on the planet would be descended from interbreeding between humans and TWCB.

Layytez
08-22-2012, 08:03 PM
But what I'm saying is, why would that matter? If anybody can learn to unlock their TWCB DNA (and by extension, Eagle Vision and the ability to use POE's) what's the big deal about having a high TWCB blood content? Does he just learn it faster? Because that seems really lame.

And anyway, how is it that the entire human race wound up with TWCB DNA? That was why the Assassins were a big deal- according to 16's glyphs, they were the "children of two worlds." Not every single human on the planet would be descended from interbreeding between humans and TWCB.

After the incident, TWCB and humans had to breed since the numbers were incredibly low. Thus everyone now after thousands of years have TWCB dna although the concentration has diluted over countless generations but it still remains there.

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 09:50 PM

The Assassins were not specifically those descended from TWCB. And it's important because Desmond is the convergence of several TWCB bloodlines, meaning he has a higher concentration than most, meaning he can do things others cant, like use eagle vision fully, and use PoEs.

itsamea-mario
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM

Everyone is descended from TWCB, it just has to be that way, they existed a very long time ago, probably thousands of generations, each family breeding with other families until everyone is related. Ever heard of Mitochondrial eve? supposedly the common ancestor of everyone on earth, it's inevitable that everyone will be descended from TWCB to some extent. The thing with Desmond is that he's more closely related to the TWCB because he's the meeting point of many lines, each of which had an above average amount of TWCB ancestors, this means they are more likely to have dominant TWCB genes, which means that Desmond is going to have even more TWCB genes.

Basically Desmond has more ancestors that bred with TWCB and close TWCB hybrids than anyone else. And though everyone has the potential to have TWCB powers on a genetic level, the majority don't since they're less likely to have dominant TWCB genes.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-22-2012, 10:13 PM
from native american heritage - no one, makes no sense (perhaps twcb genes)
from european heritage - i hope i could tie maria somehow but darim settled in alexandria... so no, ezio is likely because hes in europe but theres a small gap of just 230s years est. so thats unlikely for a whole family to settle in the uk and become 100% british in 230 years or so..
probably just a new branch for desmond, like how the other two were

sasukeuchiha50
08-23-2012, 12:07 AM
What I want to know is which side Connor comes from

sasukeuchiha50
08-23-2012, 12:18 AM
Everyone is descended from TWCB, it just has to be that way, they existed a very long time ago, probably thousands of generations, each family breeding with other families until everyone is related. Ever heard of Mitochondrial eve? supposedly the common ancestor of everyone on earth, it's inevitable that everyone will be descended from TWCB to some extent. The thing with Desmond is that he's more closely related to the TWCB because he's the meeting point of many lines, each of which had an above average amount of TWCB ancestors, this means they are more likely to have dominant TWCB genes, which means that Desmond is going to have even more TWCB genes.

Basically Desmond has more ancestors that bred with TWCB and close TWCB hybrids than anyone else. And though everyone has the potential to have TWCB powers on a genetic level, the majority don't since they're less likely to have dominant TWCB genes. Soooo basically its rare to have like Desmond. So that means you could have it? I could have it and Assassin_M if they WERE real.

Calvarok
08-23-2012, 12:31 AM
If you're descended from the right line, yes.

sasukeuchiha50
08-23-2012, 12:41 AM
If you're descended from the right line, yes. Right line?

itsamea-mario
08-23-2012, 09:10 AM
Soooo basically its rare to have like Desmond. So that means you could have it? I could have it and Assassin_M if they WERE real.

Everyone should have a chance of being born with these abilities, even a very small chance. But because desmond has more TWCB ancestors than anyone else, it means he's more likely to have special abilities.
Which is why it's kind of important that neither connor, ezio, or altair are descended from eachother.

LightRey
08-23-2012, 01:00 PM
Well it doesn't need to, but it makes it easier to awaken it, so most likely, yes. EIther way, by that time most if not all humans would already have at least a bit of TWCB DNA.