PDA

View Full Version : Hidden Blade of Connor

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 04:01 PM
Have you ever noticed that the tip of the handle of the Hidden Blade blade has a kind of small blade?

They look like two different blades. The shape of the blade is different in the two videos, so I think we can choose the type of blade. Maybe the blade of the first image is from an old build.

http://i48.tinypic.com/2mnnekk.jpg

pacmanate
08-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Nope, never noticed it.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Noticed it before, thought it was just design and possible to be even deadlier since he can then quickly cut/stab with the other end of the blade too.

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
Noticed it before, thought it was just design and possible to be even deadlier since he can then quickly cut/stab with the other end of the blade too.

Exactly.

Stroonzje
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
the other end looks to small to actually give any damage to stab someone

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 04:26 PM
the other end looks to small to actually give any damage to stab someone

Maybe things like the neck artery? Like things that aren't too deep. You're right in that it looks more for cutting with it being curved.

rileypoole1234
08-21-2012, 10:37 PM
Never noticed it either. Look like we might be able to upgrade the hidden blade as well. Both of those look different.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 10:40 PM
Good catch..

Still cant deduce what use it might be of..

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-21-2012, 11:38 PM
stabbing down and pulling up to kill again :D

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 11:39 PM
stabbing down and pulling up to kill again :D
Perhaps, might work as a nice execution animation..

MT4K
08-22-2012, 11:23 AM
Maybe he just uses the small handle blade thing to skin the animals.

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 12:17 PM
Wouldn't that be awkward and impractical though? Since he'd have to turn his hand to an unnatural position before he could skin an animal with that end of it? Or does his new hidden blade rotate both ways?

MT4K
08-22-2012, 03:34 PM
Wouldn't that be awkward and impractical though? Since he'd have to turn his hand to an unnatural position before he could skin an animal with that end of it? Or does his new hidden blade rotate both ways?

Not sure really. Was just a random guess :). All i know is that it swivels and remains attached to the mechanism. It just kind of looked like something you might use purely for hunting to me, but not ever having been hunting i really don't know if that would be right or not :p.

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 03:50 PM
Not sure really. Was just a random guess :). All i know is that it swivels and remains attached to the mechanism. It just kind of looked like something you might use purely for hunting to me, but not ever having been hunting i really don't know if that would be right or not :p.

You're right, it does seem like more of a hunting/skinning attachment the more I look at it. Also I just realised that he doesn't have to turn his hand the way I thought he would have to, he can just hold his hand sideways and then skin the animal with it. In this video however he seems to use the other end for skinning (1:15):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdmZUVpaJjA

Which makes me think it's just for show and won't really get used.

Edit to avoid double post: In this video the guy says Connor wields it in a backhand stance but can also flip it around to a forehand one, meaning the blade can rotate both directions! (At around 1:40)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-Z7qaPtpliE#!
So that means he Connor could potentially flip it around to skin with the small end, just thought I'd provide some closure to this thread! XD