PDA

View Full Version : Connor's pistols

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 03:13 PM
Will we be able to acquire different pistols? Look on his belt at 1:26: He's got a silver pistol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGqg7s4BKFM

BBALive
08-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Yes.

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 03:28 PM
I think it's that gun Scottish:

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/3/3/3/6/0/5/9/2/29506333_700x700min_2.jpg

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 03:31 PM

http://p.playserver1.com/ProductImages/3/3/3/6/0/5/9/2/29506333_700x700min_2.jpg

That could possibly be it! Although the barrel ingame seems to be silver and not black-ish with gold decorations like in that art, but that might be a concept art/ingame difference.

pacmanate
08-21-2012, 04:10 PM
I have no doubt we won't be able to buy new Pistols etc. Ones with more damage, quicker reload speeds etc. Same goes for swords (if they are even IN the game). I think there will be the standard daggers available for purchase too. I wonder if we could buy new bows! Just for cosmetic purposes.

naran6142
08-21-2012, 05:40 PM
I have no doubt we won't be able to buy new Pistols etc. Ones with more damage, quicker reload speeds etc. Same goes for swords (if they are even IN the game). I think there will be the standard daggers available for purchase too. I wonder if we could buy new bows! Just for cosmetic purposes.

ya, i was wondering if there would be swords too.

BBALive
08-21-2012, 06:29 PM

It's not that. The pistol he was referring to was most likely the default pistol. It just looked slightly different due to some odd lighting or something along those lines.

And yes, swords are in the game, and can be purchased or obtained like any other weapon. Your bow can be upgraded, but I don't know whether or not you can get 'different' bows.

HisSpiritLives
08-21-2012, 06:37 PM
Actually they confrimed that you can upgrade your pistols and tomahawk.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 06:56 PM
Actually they confrimed that you can upgrade your pistols and tomahawk.

Can you share the source for that? I've probably missed it.

It's not that. The pistol he was referring to was most likely the default pistol. It just looked slightly different due to some odd lighting or something along those lines.

If you go to 1:25 where he "jumps" off the railing then you can see his default pistol on Connor's left and this "silver" one on the right. Not only does it look differently colored (which would be the lighting) but it also looks like the handle is different and the barrel is longer, this could be because of physics pulling the gun down and more towards the screen though (because of the "jump").

GeneralTrumbo
08-21-2012, 07:02 PM
Yes; you will be able to have different types of guns, as well as other weapons.

BBALive
08-21-2012, 07:10 PM
If you go to 1:25 where he "jumps" off the railing then you can see his default pistol on Connor's left and this "silver" one on the right. Not only does it look differently colored (which would be the lighting) but it also looks like the handle is different and the barrel is longer, this could be because of physics pulling the gun down and more towards the screen though (because of the "jump").

You pretty much confirmed my suspicions. You won't be able to mix and match different pistols, so they were both default.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 07:14 PM
You pretty much confirmed my suspicions. You won't be able to mix and match different pistols, so they were both default.

I also just noticed the "silver" one has fallen through the holster (as in clipping) which would make it look longer than the other one. The only issue now is that it does look like a different model because of the handle (the "silver" pistol has like some curving metal on the bottom of the handle at 1:26 which I can't tell if the other pistol has or not), can anybody confirm that this is indeed the same model as the default one with a lighting issue going on?

HisSpiritLives
08-21-2012, 10:05 PM
I think that Alex said in boston demo that we can upgrade pistols and tomahawk , at the end of demo.

rileypoole1234
08-21-2012, 10:35 PM
I would think that every weapon in the game has more than one variant.

HisSpiritLives
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah probably, not only pistols and tomahawk.

LoyalACFan
08-21-2012, 11:10 PM

Well, we can obviously get different swords and pistols, seeing as how different retailers are offering them as incentives to purchase from them.

ToniTorsi
08-21-2012, 11:35 PM
Will we be able to dual wield those bombastic guns? :nonchalance:

LoyalACFan
08-22-2012, 01:33 AM
Will we be able to dual wield those bombastic guns? :nonchalance:

I don't think it'll be traditional "dual-wielding" in the sense that you're running around with your guns equipped, but you can fire two shots in quick succession, with a gun in each hand, with the Tool button.

LightRey
08-22-2012, 11:35 AM
I wonder what stats the different pistols will have. Probably firing rate, ammunition and accuracy I bet.

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 11:55 AM
I wonder what stats the different pistols will have. Probably firing rate, ammunition and accuracy I bet.

Definitely firing rate and accuracy (since different models of pistol will of course be slower/faster to reload as well as be more/less accurate) but I don't think ammunition since the pistols from that time could only shoot once before you had to reload right? I think ammunition upgrades will come in the form of bigger pouches.

That being said, I read a while ago that the demo's all had cheats on so that the one's demoing them wouldn't fail in front of a crowd and/or show things they didn't want to show. In one video it's quite obvious because he shoots a couple of times with both pistols in rapid succesion without Connor doing any reloading whatsoever. I wonder how long it will take in the actual game and whether Connor needs to be stationary to reload (because if they are reloaded everytime he puts them back on his belt without ever seeing him reload them that would be quite unrealistic)?

LightRey
08-22-2012, 11:59 AM
Definitely firing rate and accuracy (since different models of pistol will of course be slower/faster to reload as well as be more/less accurate) but I don't think ammunition since the pistols from that time could only shoot once before you had to reload right? I think ammunition upgrades will come in the form of bigger pouches.

That being said, I read a while ago that the demo's all had cheats on so that the one's demoing them wouldn't fail in front of a crowd and/or show things they didn't want to show. In one video it's quite obvious because he shoots a couple of times with both pistols in rapid succesion without Connor doing any reloading whatsoever. I wonder how long it will take in the actual game and whether Connor needs to be stationary to reload (because if they are reloaded everytime he puts them back on his belt without ever seeing him reload them that would be quite unrealistic)?
Well it's not like we ever see Ezio reload his hidden gun. Often such things just get in the way of gameplay and gameplay should always be put in front of realism.

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Well it's not like we ever see Ezio reload his hidden gun. Often such things just get in the way of gameplay and gameplay should always be put in front of realism.

We did see him do it in AC2 after every shot, I think after ACB on Leonardo made some changes to the gun allowing it to shoot more bullets before needing to be reloaded (and after this they just saw that as an excuse not to ever see him reload). It's on the wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Gun): (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Hidden_Gun%29:)
"By the time Ezio departed for his pilgrimage to Masyaf and Constantinople (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Constantinople) in 1511, the Hidden Gun had been modified further. It could be aimed and fired twice as fast, without the need to reload a bullet after each shot."

And the hidden gun was sort of a fantastical gadget in that it wasn't really realistic for Ezio to have it in that form, for Connor on the other hand it is to have pistols. And since we fully understand how pistols work then it would also be realistic that they need to be reloaded.

And I completely agree with you that gameplay should be put before realism, but occasionally seeing Connor reload one of his pistols would make it realistic enough for me (I was willing to accept the "magically reloading bullets" in ACB and ACR since we didn't fully know the mechanism of the hidden gun, we do know how a pistol works). Like just occasionally seeing his hand move from a pouch to his pistol for a second would be fine by me, or even just having him only reload when you stand still after a shot.