PDA

View Full Version : What will the animus 3.0 look like?

ACfan443
08-21-2012, 12:14 PM
I know I started a thread yesterday (a pretty useless one) BUT, I really want to know what the Animus 3.0 will look like. (Apologies if another thread has already discussed this)

In AC1 it was a like a bed, designed for the user to lie down and have a glass projection move over their face.

In AC2 it was a red chair, I guess more comfortable, but it would require the user to have a probe thing jabbed into their arm.

So what will the Animus 3.0 (or 3.01) look like and how will it fit around for Desmond's use?

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 12:16 PM
I can say with certainty that you will return to the blue like AC1.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 12:21 PM

Continue...(because?)

WolfTemplar94
08-21-2012, 12:32 PM

How do you know?

ACfan443
08-21-2012, 12:39 PM

I don't mean the running loading screen, I mean the device itself

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 12:40 PM
Just look the color of the HUD, or the final scene of the demo at E3. It's 'possible that it will be a mix of black and blue. I think those colors represent the style of the Animus, as was the case until now.

AC2 = White and Red.
ACB = White and Red
ACR = Black

Note the color towards the end:

http://www.cantilux.net/uploads2/7795_SatJul044126pm_acgif1.gif

Or the colors of this video, which represent the Animus:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwdqTWkSPgM

Maybe I'm wrong, but I'm sure it will. Probably a mix of blue and black!

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 12:44 PM
I don't mean the running loading screen, I mean the device itself

I think it will be the usual armchair red and white. Why should they change Animus when you already own one? Unless you have to use a completely different Animus.

pacmanate
08-21-2012, 12:59 PM
It will either be two things. Either Rebecca's Animus gets an upgrade from William, or they use a new portable animus that William bought with him whilst Desmond was in Coma state.

ACfan443
08-21-2012, 01:05 PM
The ones who came before had a sense of seeing through time, maybe they've left him a new animus inside the grand temple already? (probably not likely) but I'd really like it to be a new device

Locopells
08-21-2012, 01:16 PM
Well the main thing is that someone will have to rebuild the software after it was generally mucked about with during ACR. This may or may not necessitate new hardware as well.

tarrero
08-21-2012, 01:32 PM
I really enjoyed the color scheme of the first animus!!! Gave the feeling you were trully relieving a life of someone who´s been dead for a long time. Hell even the eerie music contributed with that

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sXAQ6UA7xQ

ACfan443
08-21-2012, 02:11 PM
Well the main thing is that someone will have to rebuild the software after it was generally mucked about with during ACR. This may or may not necessitate new hardware as well.

Each numbered title of the series had a different device, since ACB and ACR were kind of sub games of AC2, they all shared the same animus, so I would imagine AC3 has new hardware

Stroonzje
08-21-2012, 04:22 PM
im guessing the grand temple will be there hideout and they can somehow use one of the artifacts (or something) in the grand temple to sort of speed up the animus 2.3. so it now becomes animus 3.0 but with the same look

AssassinVenice
08-21-2012, 11:39 PM
Yeah so the Animus became pretty much corrupted in ACR. If Desmond went inside the Animus again, he would loose himself there because 16 isn't there anymore to distract the Animus. I think that William brought his own Animus from the farm and they're gonna use that one, from now on.
I'm still wondering what's inside the Grand Temple...

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 11:43 PM
Yeah so the Animus became pretty much corrupted in ACR. If Desmond went inside the Animus again, he would loose himself there because 16 isn't there anymore to distract the Animus. I think that William brought his own Animus from the farm and they're gonna use that one, from now on.
I'm still wondering what's inside the Grand Temple...
The Animus is not "Corrupted" the Black room was a result of Desmond`s mental condition, nothing more. It operates just fine..

TheHumanTowel
08-22-2012, 12:12 AM
I think the Animus will be a similar armchair type design to Rebecca's animus but the colour scheme will be silver/grey as that seems to be the colour scheme for this game. The Animus 3.0 "style" looks cool with everything breaking up into triangles.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 12:13 AM
I think the Animus will be a similar armchair type design to Rebecca's animus but the colour scheme will be silver/grey as that seems to be the colour scheme for this game. The Animus 3.0 "style" looks cool with everything breaking up into triangles.
Its gonna be a Toilet seat..
Shade told me..

TheHumanTowel
08-22-2012, 12:50 AM
Its gonna be a Toilet seat..
Shade told me..
Genius! If it doubles as a functional toilet Desmond can stay in the animus without the need for bathroom breaks. And people think this series has jumped the shark.

jzsnyder
08-22-2012, 01:11 AM

Alternatively, this explains AC3's similarities to AC1 gameplay-wise.

GeneralTrumbo
08-22-2012, 02:04 AM
The animus 3.0's colors are red, white, and blue. Mostly a mixture of blue and white, being frost-blue. I really love the way it is designed. It will be attached to Desmond's wrist so he can use it on the move, similar to a watch. I have seen this myself.

AssassinVenice
08-22-2012, 06:30 AM
The Animus is not "Corrupted" the Black room was a result of Desmond`s mental condition, nothing more. It operates just fine..

Corrupted for Desmond, I meant. Clay (subject 16) was always there to make sure that Desmond doesn't fall as a victim of the Animus.

It became really clear in ACR that without Clay, Desmond would have been dead by now. With the Black Room "deleted" (see Scheduled for Deletion scene), the Animus has pretty much turned into a big mess. It may still operate, but Desmond's partition was deleted from the Abstergo Memory Code, the one that Lucy brought in the beginning of AC2.

They would actually need to rebuild the database.

I'm not saying that I'm right about it and it wouldn't be fun if we didn't have our own opinions and theories, right?

P.S. - The Grand Temple WILL NOT hold another Animus because there were no Animi at that time! (First Civ.) They had Seals though, like the Masyaf keys.

douglaswalkers
08-22-2012, 08:12 AM
I have heard many rumors about it, it seems that it is going to be kind of hard ware that every user have and there would some sub games also, I guess this will take gaming to the next, I am kind of excited about it.

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 09:15 AM
Corrupted for Desmond, I meant. Clay (subject 16) was always there to make sure that Desmond doesn't fall as a victim of the Animus.

It became really clear in ACR that without Clay, Desmond would have been dead by now. With the Black Room "deleted" (see Scheduled for Deletion scene), the Animus has pretty much turned into a big mess. It may still operate, but Desmond's partition was deleted from the Abstergo Memory Code, the one that Lucy brought in the beginning of AC2.

They would actually need to rebuild the database.

I'm not saying that I'm right about it and it wouldn't be fun if we didn't have our own opinions and theories, right?

P.S. - The Grand Temple WILL NOT hold another Animus because there were no Animi at that time! (First Civ.) They had Seals though, like the Masyaf keys.

This sentence completely contradicts the context of what you said above. You treat your "theory" as fact, which it is not. and the Black Room was rebuilt and thus, presumably, Desmond can still use the Animus normally..

RED:Again, do not post what you think as fact..

LightRey
08-22-2012, 11:46 AM
I think we have good reason to believe that it's just an upgraded version of Baby as Rebecca is the one who built it based on stuff Lucy revealed to her and considering the precarious situation of the Assassin order and the fact that Rebecca has been busy with Baby all this time, I see no reason to suspect that this new Animus will actually be a completely new piece of hardware.

dxsxhxcx
08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
I think we have good reason to believe that it's just an upgraded version of Baby as Rebecca is the one who built it based on stuff Lucy revealed to her and considering the precarious situation of the Assassin order and the fact that Rebecca has been busy with Baby all this time, I see no reason to suspect that this new Animus will actually be a completely new piece of hardware.

this, IMO they'll only update the software used in the animus.. there's no reason to build a new machine to achieve the same thing you've been doing without problems in the past games (since AC2 where the new animus was introduced)...

ACfan443
08-22-2012, 02:13 PM
this, IMO they'll only update the software used in the animus.. there's no reason to build a new machine to achieve the same thing you've been doing without problems in the past games (since AC2 where the new animus was introduced)...

But in AC3 they might need a more powerful animus, upgrading the software might not be enough, just like how the ps3 is more powerful than the ps2, and how the ps2 is more powerful than the ps1 - it's about the hardware

nightcobra
08-22-2012, 02:22 PM
how about if the animus 3.0 was the HUD?

if this new animus was portable (maybe rebecca tinkers with it inside the temple) then it could be shown in desmond's back with a screen on it (sort of something on his backpack), functioning kinda like the health meter in deadspace.

LightRey
08-22-2012, 02:44 PM
But in AC3 they might need a more powerful animus, upgrading the software might not be enough, just like how the ps3 is more powerful than the ps2, and how the ps2 is more powerful than the ps1 - it's about the hardware
Why would they need a more powerful animus? We've seen no suggestion of the necessity. It still has to do the same thing it always has, which is rendering genetic memories in three dimensions.

Mr_Shade
08-22-2012, 02:46 PM
What will it look like?

'Shiny' is my guess ;)

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 02:48 PM
What will it look like?

'Shiny' is my guess ;)
THE TOILET !!

I said first..

dxsxhxcx
08-22-2012, 02:57 PM
Why would they need a more powerful animus? We've seen no suggestion of the necessity. It still has to do the same thing it always has, which is rendering genetic memories in three dimensions.

this and IMO even with the best hardware in the world the only thing the animus alone wouldn't be able to do is continue seeing the memories of the ancestor after he/she had the child that would be the next user's ancestor, the animus can't do that because the user don't have this kind of information on his DNA and not because its current version isn't capable of doing it...

IMO they're probably updating the software to avoid side effects, solve synchronization problems the user might have and make the assimilation of the ancestor's abilities easier...

ACfan443
08-22-2012, 03:25 PM

Why? Because if you remember in AC2 rebecca said that "this 'baby' is twice as powerful than anything at Abstergo" something like that. Basically they needed a more powerful animus in AC2, so I assume they're gonna need a more powerful one for AC3

tarrero
08-22-2012, 03:29 PM
Shiny? Could it be the color scheme of the first animus? haha

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 03:30 PM
Why? Because if you remember in AC2 rebecca said that "this 'baby' is twice as powerful than anything at Abstergo" something like that. Basically they needed a more powerful animus in AC2, so I assume they're gonna need a more powerful one for AC3

By more powerful I think she just meant processing speed. She said it runs twice as fast, I think its only for the in games world sake. So that Desmond can stay inside longer, memories load quicker etc.

ACfan443
08-22-2012, 05:07 PM
THE TOILET !!

I said first..

A toilet, how would that work? Everytime he flushes he begins reliving the memories of Connor?Haha :P

Calvarok
08-22-2012, 07:44 PM
Why they would need a better one? Yeah, it's not like they STILL can't just skip to the memory they want. Why would the animus need to be improved? /sarcasm
lol

AssassinVenice
08-22-2012, 08:04 PM
This sentence completely contradicts the context of what you said above. You treat your "theory" as fact, which it is not. and the Black Room was rebuilt and thus, presumably, Desmond can still use the Animus normally..

RED:Again, do not post what you think as fact..

As far as I can tell, Desmond didn't go back in the Animus after the end of ACR, he goes directly towards the entrance of the Grand Temple.

Ubisoft just lets us explore the cities and complete side quests at the end of every game but they kinda messed up in ACR.

Sheesh! You talk to me just as if I was a newcomer to the series and I have no Idea of what I'm talking about!

Some respect would have been appreciated, specially from a Senior Member...

Layytez
08-22-2012, 08:19 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8eo9_p3ghhAhg9FO20TOX9SihUCKnK mo1yFIhkNVi7zpo2y_-DZ0LHh6oag

:rolleyes:

AssassinVenice
08-22-2012, 08:22 PM
http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ8eo9_p3ghhAhg9FO20TOX9SihUCKnK mo1yFIhkNVi7zpo2y_-DZ0LHh6oag

:rolleyes:

He! He! Here we have our portable Animus 3.0!

With wheels and everything...

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 02:07 AM
As far as I can tell, Desmond didn't go back in the Animus after the end of ACR, he goes directly towards the entrance of the Grand Temple.

Ubisoft just lets us explore the cities and complete side quests at the end of every game but they kinda messed up in ACR.

Sheesh! You talk to me just as if I was a newcomer to the series and I have no Idea of what I'm talking about!

Some respect would have been appreciated, specially from a Senior Member...
Some respect ? Where did I disrespect you ? Im sorry if I seemed that way, but it was in no way my intention..

AssassinVenice
08-23-2012, 02:18 AM
Some respect ? Where did I disrespect you ? Im sorry if I seemed that way, but it was in no way my intention..

That's fine. It's just that I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning and it's kind of unfair when you say that I'm like 100% wrong, or something.

Anyways, AC: REVELATIONS revealed nothing at all! AC3 is going to be the one that has the revelations.

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 02:51 AM
That's fine. It's just that I've been a fan of the series since the very beginning and it's kind of unfair when you say that I'm like 100% wrong, or something.

Anyways, AC: REVELATIONS revealed nothing at all! AC3 is going to be the one that has the revelations.
Most people here were fans from the beginning, but do we argue ? sure, do we have different opinions ? of course... and you were wrong in the sense that you proposed what you thought as fact, not in the context of what you thought, im all for new theories, just don't present them as facts..

And hey, I know people who played since the beginning and still think Altair is Desmond`s father. Lucky guys, though, They got to feel "Revelations" when they found out that William was actually his father..

jzsnyder
08-23-2012, 02:54 AM
How on earth could you play any AC game and pay so little attention to the story?

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 02:54 AM
How on earth could you play any AC game and pay so little attention to the story?
Trust me, It happens..

AssassinVenice
08-23-2012, 03:41 AM
Well, some people can't play the game on their native language, some only care about gameplay, and some are only there just to earn some of those nice little achievements/trophies.

OH WELL...

AssassinVenice
08-23-2012, 03:43 AM
Most people here were fans from the beginning, but do we argue ? sure, do we have different opinions ? of course... and you were wrong in the sense that you proposed what you thought as fact, not in the context of what you thought, im all for new theories, just don't present them as facts..

And hey, I know people who played since the beginning and still think Altair is Desmond`s father. Lucky guys, though, They got to feel "Revelations" when they found out that William was actually his father..

I didn't mean to post them as FACTS but, you know... I EVEN FRICKIN' DREAM ABOUT IT! LOL! :D