PDA

View Full Version : Conner to die at the end of AC3??

altairezio1993
08-20-2012, 08:58 PM
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Desmond spent the entire last game trying to fix his mind. Wouldn't going back into the animus be stupid and defeat the purpose of the previous game? I mean going in the animus nearly killed him, which is what led me to thinking of this theory.

Now Desmond, so that he could keep his mind stable and not suffer the bleeding effect anymore, had to go through the entire life of Ezio and Altair until the firstborn child when their genes were passed on. This happened with Altair in AC2 and should have happened with Ezio, but that part was cut out the final game in ACR (Im sure this was in an interview somewhere).

So that brings us to Conner. Either Desmond now, for some reason, possibly the new animus version, wont suffer the bleeding effect anymore or we will go through Conners entire life right until his death. Now obviously Desmond must descend from him, so could we possibly see the final moments of Conner through his sons eyes?
I just cant help feeling this is the assassin that will face the tragic end, I mean Ezio and Altair all in all had peaceful deaths. It would be an anti climax if the last we see of conner is a sex scene :)

I don't know if I made my point clear or if I'm missing something that means my theory is disproven, if it is please share!

naran6142
08-20-2012, 09:15 PM
The title almost makes it sound like you had evidence that connor was going to die...

So ur asking "Will we see Connor die in some way"?

Well that depend entirely on what ubi thinks is a good idea, desmond might not get as far as the synch nexus with connor in AC3 so the game might not end in "sex scene".

We dont need to see the end of the ancestor life to have a good ending for them(tho it was cool seeing how ezio and altair died) :D

or maybe i missed ur entire point :p

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
How old will Connor be at the end of the game?

And maybe they will leach him like they did with Ezio. But that is all dependent on how old he is by the end of the game. They could make him have a sex scene at the end but to me it seems kind of "sad" to do that.

deskp
08-20-2012, 09:29 PM
The animus saved desmond from dieing or by putting him in a coma. that was after alot of animus time with 2 ancestors.. now thats thats cleard visint just 1 should be fine. Also.. What doesen't kill you makes you STRONGER.

Also who knows what powers he got now, glowing arm n all!

Nothing is true everything is permitted.

altairezio1993
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
yeah, i realise now the titles a bit misleading, i only thought of this theory up seeing as going into the animus last time almost killed Desmond and it would be really stupid putting him back in, if hes going to suffer the bleeding effect again. Also the fact that 2 of the assassins have had a 'good' ending in someway just makes me think Ubi is going to pull off something different this time, know what I mean?

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
The animus saved desmond from dieing or by putting him in a coma. that was after alot of animus time with 2 ancestors.. now thats thats cleard visint just 1 should be fine. Also.. What doesen't kill you makes you STRONGER.

Oh yeah! I forgot about his glowing arm!

Rakudaton
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM

Seriously?

His "glowing arm" was because of the *glowing* apple of eden next to him.

tarrero
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Animus 3.0 is been stated to make an appareance......

BBALive
08-20-2012, 09:56 PM
How old will Connor be at the end of the game?

And maybe they will leach him like they did with Ezio. But that is all dependent on how old he is by the end of the game. They could make him have a sex scene at the end but to me it seems kind of "sad" to do that.

28/29 if the 1755 birth date is correct.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Seriously?

No, he's talking about the greenish blue spiderweb all over his arm in the last cutscene of Revelations. Watch it again.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Seriously?

ARE u MAD?

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Connor won't die. They'll send him to the French Revolution in a Brotherhood-style spinoff, then have him fight Napoleon or something. They're not going to drop the character after one game.

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
No, we need to be able to free roam after the game ends...

Sabastian_AC
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I'm pretty sure we can't see Conor die unless it's through some non-Animus method. The rules of the Animus and the bleeding effect state that once the "lineage" is passed on, we can no longer following the previous ancestor. This rule is established in ACII when Desmond flashes back to Altiar's little romantic rendezvous on top of the tower.

AnthonyA85
08-20-2012, 11:13 PM
I HIGHLY DOUBT that Connor will die at the end of AC3, if he does, we won't be playing him when/if it happens, we'll see it through the eyes of his child.

In case any of you have forgotten the Acre scene from AC2, we STOP following an ancestor as soon as they conceive a child with someone. So it's far more likely that we will stop following Connor when he fathers a child that's the next ancestor of Desmond.

And before any of you say "But the animus can get around that!" Er, not exactly. It can only do that if a later ancestor uses Memory Seals that Connor imprints his memories on, and I don't think we'll be seeing those memory seals again.

And 29 is a very young age to snuff it, even back then.

I see Connor's story ending in one of 3 ways:

We stop following him when he fathers Desmond's next ancestor.
We witness Connor dying through the eyes of said next Ancestor.
Ubisoft pulls another AC2-esue cliff-hanger ending, leaving the door open for another game with Connor.

Though i don't see how this can happen, since this is Desmond's last game.

And for those who mentioned ACB and ACR, Originally, we were only going to get AC2 telling Ezio's story, the only reason we got ACB and ACR, was because the fans wanted more Ezio. And the only reason ACB and ACR ever got made into proper console games, was because the higher-ups decided, originally, they were meant to be hand-held only, like Bloodliines and Chronicles.

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 12:57 AM
We witness Connor dying through the eyes of said next Ancestor.
RED DEAD REDEMPTION, not exactly what you said, but if you know the game you know what i mean.

MetalCreed
08-21-2012, 01:40 AM
Even if he doesn't, since he lives in the past, we'll all have to face the fact; we can assume he dies sometime after AC3.

But a reason why I think he may die is that I'm pretty sure there will be no Connor sequel or trilogy. So a chance to kill him off may happen. Although the loophole is that how will we get to continue playing AC3? Connor's son or (a crazy surprise; Connor's daughter? Could end up like RDR x MGS2)

AnthonyA85
08-21-2012, 02:27 AM
Well, as i said, AC2 was originally all we were going to get for Ezio, main-game wise, they only made brotherhood because the fans wanted more Ezio, so if Connor proves just as popular, they might keep him around. We'll just have to see how the game ends.

And as for ACR, that only became what it is, because the Ubi higher-ups decided it should be done as a console/PC release, not 3ds (Lost Legacy)

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 02:40 AM
I think Brotherhood was originally going to be part of AC2, with killing Rodrigo and his son, but the higher-ups decided to extend it into it's own game. Rome was going to be in AC2.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 02:45 AM
I think Brotherhood was originally going to be part of AC2, with killing Rodrigo and his son, but the higher-ups decided to extend it into it's own game. Rome was going to be in AC2.
Yup...
At least VERY early in development, because if you recall, during a dev diary Corey May stated that the game ends in 1503, so we can confirm that the game was at least gonna show Rodrigo`s death..

Rakudaton
08-21-2012, 09:03 AM
No, he's talking about the greenish blue spiderweb all over his arm in the last cutscene of Revelations. Watch it again.

I think *you* need to watch it again, because evidently you missed the big glowing round metal ball thingy sitting right next to him.

corbinmahieu
08-21-2012, 09:16 AM
I think *you* need to watch it again, because evidently you missed the big glowing round metal ball thingy sitting right next to him.

Just watch together ! Jesus...

-----------------> 11 : 29
--- Yellow light -> POE
--- Blue animus data light -> Desmond hand ----> ( Jupiter said something about ''put my words from you head into your hand"... so that's funny )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiClooP_Au4

SteelCity999
08-22-2012, 04:54 AM
Connor will probably not die nor does he have to die. We haven't seen an assassin's death in a game yet - ACR doesn't count. Desmond on the other hand probably will die. I don't see how Ubi can end his role in the franchise without that happening - only other possibility is for him to get caught in the animus like Clay and that's unlikely.

Another possibility is that Desmond does whatever to save the world, seemingly, and then we cut to another scene of someone waking up from a future animus version. You hear someone ask if they got what they needed and a reply answering yes. End of game. A nice open end to AC4.

WolfTemplar94
08-22-2012, 07:25 AM
I personally don't think he will, or should die. Even though I hope they move on to new assassins and don't milk him, Ubisoft should keep the possibility of a new Connor game on the table.

HisSpiritLives
08-22-2012, 09:21 AM
Maybe one more game with Connor will be great,since Ezio appeared in 3 games .

Slayer_WTF
08-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Maybe one more game with Connor will be great,since Ezio appeared in 3 games .

I think it is better to close everything about Desmond and his ancestors.

HisSpiritLives
08-22-2012, 01:24 PM
I think it is better to close everything about Desmond and his ancestors.

I would like one more game with Connor, but since Desmond story ends in AC3 , Connor story is going to end too.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-22-2012, 01:55 PM
connor cant die..
animus logic cant let this happen
who, however, can die is desmond

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 02:17 PM
connor cant die..

... They are all dead now anyway...

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 02:20 PM
Seriously?

Seriously? Wow guess we are all dumb and missed that point!

Oh.. you think WE need to watch it again? Cause evidently we have absolutely have no idea how to distinguish the "glowing round the metal ball thingy" and Desmonds arm glowing. And FYI, we all call that "glowing round metal ball thingy" the Apple of Eden. But you know best obviously.

Just watch together ! Jesus...

-----------------> 11 : 29
--- Yellow light -> POE
--- Blue animus data light -> Desmond hand ----> ( Jupiter said something about ''put my words from you head into your hand"... so that's funny )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiClooP_Au4

OHHHHH SNAP! Guess who was wrong all along Rakudaton!

POP1Fan
08-22-2012, 02:20 PM
connor cant die..

Pretty much this.

And Rakudaton (or smth) is wrong.

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 02:24 PM
Rakudaton wasn't wrong. We are all just blind.

dxsxhxcx
08-22-2012, 02:50 PM
connor cant die..

well, they can put a seal inside the grand temple showing us Connor's last moments (but I wouldn't like if they do this)...

pacmanate
08-22-2012, 03:06 PM
But why? We don't need to know how Connor dies.He could just die of old age which would be boring to see.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-22-2012, 04:29 PM
well, they can put a seal inside the grand temple showing us Connor's last moments (but I wouldn't like if they do this)...

unlikely, very unlikely

Ielgon
08-22-2012, 04:38 PM
Connor will probably not die nor does he have to die. We haven't seen an assassin's death in a game yet - ACR doesn't count. Desmond on the other hand probably will die. I don't see how Ubi can end his role in the franchise without that happening - only other possibility is for him to get caught in the animus like Clay and that's unlikely.

Another possibility is that Desmond does whatever to save the world, seemingly, and then we cut to another scene of someone waking up from a future animus version. You hear someone ask if they got what they needed and a reply answering yes. End of game. A nice open end to AC4.

That would be a nice setting up of AC4! I do however see how a lot of people wouldn't like that seeing as the game that should provide closure and that ties up a lot of stuff will then just have been a set up for something bigger that immediately changes the entire franchise up to this point.

And isn't it just possible for Desmond to succeed and then become the new mentor, and that in the new AC games he will perhaps train a new recruit which is the person you play as, or maybe make a cameo but not be the main character anymore?

sasukeuchiha50
08-23-2012, 01:01 AM
This is something that has been bugging me for a while. Desmond spent the entire last game trying to fix his mind. Wouldn't going back into the animus be stupid and defeat the purpose of the previous game? I mean going in the animus nearly killed him, which is what led me to thinking of this theory.

Now Desmond, so that he could keep his mind stable and not suffer the bleeding effect anymore, had to go through the entire life of Ezio and Altair until the firstborn child when their genes were passed on. This happened with Altair in AC2 and should have happened with Ezio, but that part was cut out the final game in ACR (Im sure this was in an interview somewhere).

So that brings us to Conner. Either Desmond now, for some reason, possibly the new animus version, wont suffer the bleeding effect anymore or we will go through Conners entire life right until his death. Now obviously Desmond must descend from him, so could we possibly see the final moments of Conner through his sons eyes?
I just cant help feeling this is the assassin that will face the tragic end, I mean Ezio and Altair all in all had peaceful deaths. It would be an anti climax if the last we see of conner is a sex scene :)

I don't know if I made my point clear or if I'm missing something that means my theory is disproven, if it is please share!Can we just wait till its out? You're acting like its 3 years away

altairezio1993
08-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Can we just wait till its out? You're acting like its 3 years away

Uh...can't we theorize? Isn't that the whole point of having a forum and a whole community dedicated to the game, to share ideas, theories and opinions?

pacmanate
08-23-2012, 08:58 AM
Can we just wait till its out? You're acting like its 3 years away

Okay...

1. So why are you on the forums?
2. Why are you even ON this thread?
3. What is wrong with theories?
4. Why does it bother you what he's saying?
5. Some people like to speculate or make their own theories. It is fun to do.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2012, 10:49 AM
I don't understand why you guys are making it sound like if we don't finish a story, we can't get out of the Animus or we can't see the other story
I mean with AC we played as Altair and then before his death or anything we played as Ezio and there was no problem and we were able to get in and out of the Animus throughout the games with no problem at all.

The only thing that happened is when Desmond fell unconscious, we needed a Synch Nexus, we don't need it when Desmond isn't unconscious though.

RinoTheBouncer
08-25-2012, 10:52 AM

Dude, I love you! this is EPIC!!!!!!!!!!
I SOOOO WANT IT TO HAPPEN!

sasukeuchiha50
09-08-2012, 12:13 AM
Uh...can't we theorize? Isn't that the whole point of having a forum and a whole community dedicated to the game, to share ideas, theories and opinions? I am just saying can't we have patience?

LightRey
09-08-2012, 12:37 PM
Since when do we need to witness the death of a main character to have a closed ending? Hell, since when do we need a closed ending to have a final ending with a certain main character? We're not witnessing the story about Connor's personal life. It's not about his love story or finding a long lost brother or something, it's about his role in the events in and around the American Revolution and his role in the epic story that is Assassin's Creed. Those roles don't have to have anything to do with his death.

thekarlone
09-08-2012, 02:14 PM
It is not necessary, but is advisable in this series for a few reasons:

1. Other ancestors in the main trilogy have a death.
2. To make sure there won't be a sequel of Connor's story.
3. To give a personality and relevance to the character and not just be a way to relive historical events.

PS: Regarding the story, the important thing is reliving the events of the American Revolution, but from the point of view of the character does not, his personal life is much more important.

LightRey
09-08-2012, 05:09 PM
It is not necessary, but is advisable in this series for a few reasons:

1. Other ancestors in the main trilogy have a death.
2. To make sure there won't be a sequel of Connor's story.
3. To give a personality and relevance to the character and not just be a way to relive historical events.

PS: Regarding the story, the important thing is reliving the events of the American Revolution, but from the point of view of the character does not, his personal life is much more important.
1. They have a death in spin-offs.
2. That's self-limitation. It's their choice if they want to do that. They don't need to kill anyone to stop it. You're just asking for them to write a story in such a way that you're reassured of something.
3. You're saying those things can't be there if he doesn't die? Ezio didn't have a personality or personal relevance after just ACII? You're speaking nonsense here.

connor_bg
09-09-2012, 12:38 AM
I don't really want to see Brian O'Connor Rathatuhakunamatatatunsoogayhah Kenway to die at the end... Really...

CholericCrest
09-09-2012, 01:55 AM
actually the ones who came before are the ones who came up with the animus. Conner doesnt have to be related to Desmond. In one of the games they say that desmond needs to view the lives of some of the most important Assassins in the order to learn what they have to teach. So maybe the anmius they have works differently then the one the humans have. Maybe once you touch a piece of eden your dna info gets sent to the vault where your life up to that moment are saved. Maybe conner will find an apple at the end of his storyline and he'll hid it somewhere. Actually the vault is located in new york or boston East coast US. Im guessing conner finds it at the end of his story line after touching and apple and the location being revealed he heads there and uses some piece of eden like altairs memory disks and saves his memories in there. And he went into the coma because of the apple of eden not the animus going into the animus saved him. And he didnt go through there entire lives only certain important areas of there lives.

CholericCrest
09-09-2012, 02:00 AM

Hes glowing because hes synching with the ones who came before that part of his dna is becoming more solidified it will allow him to control pieces of eden like a god. His percentage of human to god is rising on the god side which is good and needed in order to open the vault. You have to remember Altair and Ezio had a high percentage of TOWCB dna in them and because of the animus Desmond is able to channel and activate those hidden abilites that his ancestors could not.

Layytez
09-09-2012, 02:06 AM
His arm was defiantly glowing because of his Dna and his connection to the apple.

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 02:09 AM
Hes glowing because hes synching with the ones who came before that part of his dna is becoming more solidified it will allow him to control pieces of eden like a god. His percentage of human to god is rising on the god side which is good and needed in order to open the vault. You have to remember Altair and Ezio had a high percentage of TOWCB dna in them and because of the animus Desmond is able to channel and activate those hidden abilites that his ancestors could not.
I do not mean to be rude.. I swear I dont.... But how do you know all of this ?:)

Soulid_Snake
09-09-2012, 03:18 AM

If I was a betting man, I would say it's highly unlikely Conner will die at the end of AC3. Firstly because Ubi are dubbing him, "most detailed third-person action character ever created", with a 1000 animations for Conner, so it would be a waste of three years.

Source: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/assassins-creed-3s-connor-most-detailed-thirdperson-action-character-ever-created-8004631.html

By closing Altair's and Ezio's Sagas, they are opening up Conner's saga! Although Ubi did mention getting rid of Desmond's character, "Eventually".

LoyalACFan
09-09-2012, 04:15 AM
If I was a betting man, I would say it's highly unlikely Conner will die at the end of AC3. Firstly because Ubi are dubbing him, "most detailed third-person action character ever created", with a 1000 animations for Conner, so it would be a waste of three years.

None of the "detail" would necessarily be exclusive to Connor though. They could recycle all of his new animations, add a few more, and put them on a new Assassin, and then that new Assassin would technically be the new "most detailed character ever." It's not like they'd have to start from scratch, so it's not a "waste" of 3 years.

But still, I don't think he's going to die :p

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 04:19 AM
Well, here`s my Scenario... I hold strong that We will witness Connor`s death..

Washington: Hey, Connor thanks for your help.. You can go live in peace now in this new free country..
Connor: Just gimme Some Money..

*After some time*

Connor is at home with his Wife and Kid(s)

Colonial: FEY FAY FO FUM !! I SMELL NATIVES SO HERE I COME !!
Connor: WTF ??

Then some great battle ensues, but Connor is captured and killed on the spot..

Cliche as hell:p but At least I THINK that he`s gonna die..

SteelCity999
09-09-2012, 04:28 AM
Alex said in an interview that Connor has a definite beginning and an end to his story. Although, they have never referred to his story arc like our other 3 characters. They have always said Altair's and Ezio' arc has been closed with ACR and Desmond's will close with AC3. Was he dropping a hint to his arc being one game?

Plus, no one has ever said that we will see Connor through Desmond so there are lots of possibilities.

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 04:30 AM
Plus, no one has ever said that we will see Connor through Desmond
Im sorry... What ?

Legendz54
09-09-2012, 04:38 AM
I dont believe we will see Connors death, we will more likely get to see Connor find the Grand temple and get a message from TWCB then Desmond coming out of the animus to finish off the templars and stop the satellite launch....... hopefully

LoyalACFan
09-09-2012, 04:44 AM

Washington: Hey, Connor thanks for your help.. You can go live in peace now in this new free country..

*After some time*

Maybe in some other media, but not in AC3. Unless they do some kind of memory seal thing like they did in Revelations, which would be kind of disappointing. In any case, I don't think he'll die a violent death. He's too much of a badass to let anyone kill him :p

Assassin_M
09-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Maybe in some other media, but not in AC3. Unless they do some kind of memory seal thing like they did in Revelations, which would be kind of disappointing. In any case, I don't think he'll die a violent death. He's too much of a badass to let anyone kill him :p
The Upgrade to the Animus leads me to believe that the Animus now allows to view past Conception..

But that`s just me.

pacmanate
09-09-2012, 09:00 AM

*After some time*

So basically copy Red Dead Redemptions ending haha. I don't want to see Connor die in AC3, it would suck, and also his death is irrelevent to Desmond. What I DO hope they do is something like Embers where we get to see Connors final days.

zerocooll21
09-09-2012, 02:09 PM

srsly????????? O_o

How about Desmond dies, Connor "lives", and they find another ancestor of Connors to continue the story? I can't seem them scraping 3 years of building a game like this from the ground up just to start over. People will want more Connor.

POP1Fan
09-09-2012, 02:17 PM
I really don't think Conner will die... not sure about Connor, though.

zerocooll21
09-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Har.Har :p

HisSpiritLives
09-09-2012, 02:48 PM
I dont know how but i just hope that we will play Conoor somehow in one more AC game,and i think it would be just unfair because after Ezio got three games Connor end with one only.

SuperRedLFC
09-09-2012, 03:26 PM
Seriously?

I thought his glowing arm was reflection off the animus. However, in AC2 it was mentioned that nobody has ever been able to go back in history without using the Animus. Could it be that Desmond now has that capability? Something else to think about.

fun1-fun2_me
09-09-2012, 03:49 PM
Actually what almost killed desmond is the part in brotherhood where he came in contact with the apple of eden, then they put him in the animus to save him so it makes sense to keep him in the animus but quite possibly his ancestors activating the temples, then desmond finds the last temple to activate and save the earth.

lothario-da-be
09-09-2012, 04:40 PM
So his glowing arm was cause of the apple?

zerocooll21
09-09-2012, 04:54 PM
No, his arm lit up like the First Ciz's patterns.

If the apple was "reflecting" the arm part of the animus would have been in the way. Also, there are no other reflections anywhere else.

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o367/Gsmacklover/733px-Desmonds_Arm.png

kriegerdesgottes
09-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Actually I think that's what it looks like too. I think it looks like the lights from the apple are reflecting onto his arm possibly through that clear glass on the animus. They did say take our words into your hand or something like that so I could be wrong but it just looks like a reflection to me.

nightcobra
09-09-2012, 06:10 PM
The Upgrade to the Animus leads me to believe that the Animus now allows to view past Conception..

But that`s just me.

an upgrade like that wouldn't be possible as the limit is not within the animus but rather in the subject's DNA.
in the AC series, DNA is to be compared to like a scroll on which the memories of each and every one of your ancestors are inscribed onto it, that in turn makes the post conception memories impossible to view in the animus.

example:

connor's genetic material is inscribed with his memories, when he has a child (that is directly related to Desmond's bloodline) the genetic material connor passes onto the child carries with it all his memories until that point in time, repeating the cycle with each parent and child.

it's not that the animus can't decipher the post conception memories, but that those specific set of memories don't exist within the DNA of the subject hence the memory seals in revelations as a way to bypass that rule.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-09-2012, 06:17 PM
I thought his glowing arm was reflection off the animus. However, in AC2 it was mentioned that nobody has ever been able to go back in history without using the Animus. Could it be that Desmond now has that capability? Something else to think about.

I interpreted glowing arm as fully awakened 6th sense in Desmond, completion of his transformation into "Adam" blah blah and now that he only needs to do is to find his Eve/Eve DNA/something Eve :P

I mean, the stuff on his arm does look like the stuff Adam & Eve had on their bodies in The Truth video

an upgrade like that wouldn't be possible as the limit is not within the animus but rather in the subject's DNA.
in the AC series, DNA is to be compared to like a scroll on which the memories of each and every one of your ancestors are inscribed onto it, that in turn makes the post conception memories impossible to view in the animus.

example:

connor's genetic material is inscribed with his memories, when he has a child (that is directly related to Desmond's bloodline) the genetic material connor passes onto the child carries with it all his memories until that point in time, repeating the cycle with each parent and child.

it's not that the animus can't decipher the post conception memories, but that those specific set of memories don't exist within the DNA of the subject hence the memory seals in revelations as a way to bypass that rule.Unless the memories (of some of the memories) of Ratonhnhaké:ton in Desmond's DNA didn't originally came from passing through bloodline but via other mean(s). We've seen multiple memories in Project Legacy that were impossible to obtain via bloodline (memories post-conception, memories during death etc) and then of course are the Memory Seals in ACR that bypass the bloodline as well

kriegerdesgottes
09-09-2012, 06:32 PM
I thought the 6th sense is knowledge. In Brotherhood she says we kept the 6th sense from you and then she said. We kept knowledge from you. aka the knowledge of the past lives of your ancestors. Could you imagine how much smarter and probably more powerful we would be if we retained all the information and knowledge gathered by our ancestors. But then again Desmond wakes up and says I know what we need to do so maybe you are right and he now has the knowledge.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Glowy green thing on body may just be visual representation of it. Agree though that 6th sense seems to be all about knowledge. Juno repeated it over an over again in ACB and that's what Desmond says at the end of ACR, knowledge/know is accented heavily.

nightcobra
09-09-2012, 06:42 PM
I interpreted glowing arm as fully awakened 6th sense in Desmond, completion of his transformation into "Adam" blah blah and now that he only needs to do is to find his Eve/Eve DNA/something Eve :P

I mean, the stuff on his arm does look like the stuff Adam & Eve had on their bodies in The Truth video

Unless the memories (of some of the memories) of Ratonhnhaké:ton in Desmond's DNA didn't originally came from passing through bloodline but via other mean(s). We've seen multiple memories in Project Legacy that were impossible to obtain via bloodline (memories post-conception, memories during death etc) and then of course are the Memory Seals in ACR that bypass the bloodline as well

in project legacy though is not so much an animus (a DDS as they call it) as it is a compilation of information gathered through animi from various subjects.
the project legacy recruits then "relive" in a similar fashion to the animus all the collective information of people that they aren't descended from.

this then led to the mass production animus model where templars record the information they want from animi and then release it as propaganda to the public with their animus console. so it's possible that aveline can die in liberations, but connor i'd say no.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-09-2012, 07:02 PM
in project legacy though is not so much an animus (a DDS as they call it) as it is a compilation of information gathered through animi from various subjects.
the project legacy recruits then "relive" in a similar fashion to the animus all the collective information of people that they aren't descended from.But the issue is about accessing Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories after he (hypothetically) already had a child (and didn't have another one after that). If we talk standard passing of memories through the bloodline, then Abstergo/Assassins would never be able to access his memories after he conceived a child. Now, if Ratonhnhaké:ton used the Shroud of Eden, or Memory Seals after convincing a child, it would be possible that someone would later get these post-convieving memories from Shroud/Seals (or another POE) and this way Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories from the time after he had a child could be passed down. Just like Altair's late memories got passed down through Ezio to Desmond when Ezio used Altair's Memory Seals.

this then led to the mass production animus model where templars record the information they want from animi and then release it as propaganda to the public with their animus console. so it's possible that aveline can die in liberations.Not unless they literally extract her DNA from her bones/remains, or if she somehow recorded her memories before dying/right at the moment of dying and someone got access to these records later on. If Aveline's body doesn't physically exist anymore and if she didn't record her memories during her death by any means, then we can't logically see the memory of her death from her perspective based on the current knowledge of the lore we have now.

nightcobra
09-09-2012, 07:43 PM
But the issue is about accessing Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories after he (hypothetically) already had a child (and didn't have another one after that). If we talk standard passing of memories through the bloodline, then Abstergo/Assassins would never be able to access his memories after he conceived a child. Now, if Ratonhnhaké:ton used the Shroud of Eden, or Memory Seals after convincing a child, it would be possible that someone would later get these post-convieving memories from Shroud/Seals (or another POE) and this way Ratonhnhaké:ton's memories from the time after he had a child could be passed down. Just like Altair's late memories got passed down through Ezio to Desmond when Ezio used Altair's Memory Seals.

Not unless they literally extract her DNA from her bones/remains, or if she somehow recorded her memories before dying/right at the moment of dying and someone got access to these records later on. If Aveline's body doesn't physically exist anymore and if she didn't record her memories during her death by any means, then we can't logically see the memory of her death from her perspective based on the current knowledge of the lore we have now.

my point though is that the memory data stored in the animus doesn't necessarily have to be from the person in question, the visual representation and feedback from the animus is the result of decoding the memory data and coding it in way that the animus can use to show someone that memory.
this is all conjecture on my part on how the animus theoretically works but memory data gathered from people that had ancestors that interacted with the target (aveline for instance) could then have that memory decoded and encoded in the animus in such a way that fills the gaps of what aveline did after conception. for this to happen though you'd need a massive amount of subjects like in project legacy or the mass produced animus console.
For desmond however, the only way that he can view connor's memories post conception, is by having something other than the animus to help him see it like the technology in the grand temple (maybe it has record of connor trying to enter it or something) or something akin to a memory seal and connor uses it his unnofficial captain's log.

RatonhnhakeFan
09-09-2012, 07:55 PM
this is all conjecture on my part on how the animus theoretically works but memory data gathered from people that had ancestors that interacted with the target (aveline for instance) could then have that memory decoded and encoded in the animus in such a way that fills the gaps of what aveline did after conception. for this to happen though you'd need a massive amount of subjects like in project legacy or the mass produced animus console.I'm not sure how such thing would be possible, how could Ubisoft create a plot with based on such thing. I think it would be possible to reconstruct a lot, but how would this work when Aveline would be alone? Doing secret stuff nobody saw/knew about? In theory yes, with large group of people we could reconstruct a lot, but not enough to form a coherent memory IMO

For desmond however, the only way that he can view connor's memories post conception, is by having something other than the animus to help him see it like the technology in the grand temple (maybe it has record of connor trying to enter it or something) or something akin to a memory seal and connor uses it his unnofficial captain's log.Yes, though it wouldn't have to be Desmond using it. It could be one of Desmond's ancestors. Just like it wasn't Desmond who accessed Altair's seals but Ezio

nightcobra
09-09-2012, 08:07 PM
I'm not sure how such thing would be possible, how could Ubisoft create a plot with based on such thing. I think it would be possible to reconstruct a lot, but how would this work when Aveline would be alone? Doing secret stuff nobody saw/knew about? In theory yes, with large group of people we could reconstruct a lot, but not enough to form a coherent memory IMO

not even desmond has all of ezio's or altair's memories, just a high enough portion for what they were looking for, the memory data constantly skipped days, weeks, months even years in between segments. in those gaps there might have been some important memory of ezio or altair that desmond's DNA doesn't show, that might be due to the DNA segment being degraded enough that the animus can't show it.

the same could be said for aveline, the moments where she's alone are from someone directly related to her while memories post conception are a compilation of memory data from various subjects that had ancestors that interacted with aveline filling the gaps (anyone would do, a npc villager, a target, a guard, a contact, her lover, family, her possible children even) .
as this is supposed to be templar propaganda they could very well code in a few "bonus" memories and omit a few others.

LightRey
09-09-2012, 08:13 PM
I thought the 6th sense is knowledge. In Brotherhood she says we kept the 6th sense from you and then she said. We kept knowledge from you. aka the knowledge of the past lives of your ancestors. Could you imagine how much smarter and probably more powerful we would be if we retained all the information and knowledge gathered by our ancestors. But then again Desmond wakes up and says I know what we need to do so maybe you are right and he now has the knowledge.
Calling it "knowledge" is very vague and since everybody has knowledge, it hardly seems to be a definition. You're assuming that she's drawing a parallel and on top of that you're assuming that in saying "knowledge", she's referring to knowledge in general. These are two very crude assumptions that seem to contradict the very fact that there really is no sensible interpretation of the concept of knowledge to consider it a sense.

She's just saying that in keeping the 6th sense from humans, they couldn't know everything (in part probably thanks to the apples).

kriegerdesgottes
09-10-2012, 02:34 AM
Calling it "knowledge" is very vague and since everybody has knowledge, it hardly seems to be a definition. You're assuming that she's drawing a parallel and on top of that you're assuming that in saying "knowledge", she's referring to knowledge in general. These are two very crude assumptions that seem to contradict the very fact that there really is no sensible interpretation of the concept of knowledge to consider it a sense.

She's just saying that in keeping the 6th sense from humans, they couldn't know everything (in part probably thanks to the apples).

Yeah that could be. I won't deny I'm making assumptions. I was just saying how I interpreted it when I heard it but I really have no clue. I think that's what I'm most excited about in ACIII is just finding the answers to these things we've all been curious about for the last 5 years. Honestly people complain about the writing sometimes but if you are desperately still seeking answers about something in a game 5 years down the road then that's a good sign of some good writing.

Soulid_Snake
09-11-2012, 03:49 AM
None of the "detail" would necessarily be exclusive to Connor though. They could recycle all of his new animations, add a few more, and put them on a new Assassin, and then that new Assassin would technically be the new "most detailed character ever." It's not like they'd have to start from scratch, so it's not a "waste" of 3 years.

Good point! I meant to add that the character development in terms of story and dying after one game would be a bit silly.