PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Liberations - Aveline's combat animations

Ielgon
08-20-2012, 07:55 PM
Based on the recent gamescom footage I'd say some of Aveline's combat animations are exactly the same as Connor's. In my opinion this makes it detract a bit from the idea that Connor has a new and unique fighting style (which is something I've read and heard people say a couple of times in interviews) simply because Liberation is released on the same day with Aveline's combat potentially looking nearly the same as Connor's.

Do any of you feel the same way? I'm hoping it's just some of the more basic animations that look a lot alike.

deskp
08-20-2012, 09:31 PM
I agree... same thing goes if Desmond is using them aswell..... wich he propably will.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
It's using the same Engine, Thats why Ezio didnt usually have new animations for basic kills. The animations are within the Engine.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 12:11 AM
Yup..

Ubisoft you spoiled us rotten...

Will_Lucky
08-21-2012, 12:15 AM
It's using the same Engine, Thats why Ezio didnt usually have new animations for basic kills. The animations are within the Engine.

Yup, saves time and money. There will be some unique animations I imagine on the weapons that Connor doesn't have access to but its just simple ease given its the same engine.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Yup, saves time and money. There will be some unique animations I imagine on the weapons that Connor doesn't have access to but its just simple ease given its the same engine.

I understand that it saves time and money but same engine doesn't have to mean same animations. So atleast me and probably some other people will feel like Liberation is the spinoff portable version of Assassin's Creed 3 instead of it's own thing which is a shame because it has the potential. And it being like that just takes away from the idea that Connor is a very unique fighter. I mean Aveline even dual wields a bigger weapon and a knife! (Can anyone confirm whether the knife is a knife or her hidden blade?)

I'm still hoping that because they haven't shown much yet it'll only be the basic kill animations that will be the same. If it's literally just the same moves as Connor then I'll be dissapointed (Not that that'd make Liberation bad since I'm sure it'll be a good game anyway! ^^).

BBALive
08-21-2012, 11:51 AM
Same engine != Same animations

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 02:07 PM
Same engine != Same animations

Since when? The animations are animated by the programmers and/or captured with motion capturing technology. Two games on the same engine can have completely different animations for the main character if they wanted to no problem (Time and money is the constraint as Will_Lucky said). For example: Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 we're both made on the Crystal Tools engine, XIII-2 is the sequel for XIII yet the protagonists and enemies have a lot of new animations in battle, only the returning enemies have the same animations I believe.

And I understand that Assassin's Creed has a lot more animations (especially this time around) than Final Fantasy. It's just that Aveline having the exact same combat animations as Connor takes away from Connor being unique and new (atleast to me), which is something I've read Ubisoft employees stating a couple of times. And this causes Liberation to feel like a portable version of AC3 instead of a new Assassin's Creed game with it's own new setting and character.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 02:19 PM
Since when? The animations are animated by the programmers and/or captured with motion capturing technology. Two games on the same engine can have completely different animations for the main character if they wanted to no problem (Time and money is the constraint as Will_Lucky said). For example: Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 we're both made on the Crystal Tools engine, XIII-2 is the sequel for XIII yet the protagonists and enemies have a lot of new animations in battle, only the returning enemies have the same animations I believe.

And I understand that Assassin's Creed has a lot more animations (especially this time around) than Final Fantasy. It's just that Aveline having the exact same combat animations as Connor takes away from Connor being unique and new (atleast to me), which is something I've read Ubisoft employees stating a couple of times. And this causes Liberation to feel like a portable version of AC3 instead of a new Assassin's Creed game with it's own new setting and character.
Dude he said same Engine does not mean same Animation..

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 02:22 PM
Dude he said same Engine does not mean same Animation..

Oh right I'm used to =/= for that so I forgot that != also means that. My apologies BBALive!