PDA

View Full Version : Interview On Benedict Arnold & 60-min Gameplay

Shomu07
08-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Really good interview about a lot of subjects in the storyline and Explains the 60-min gameplay for The Playstation users.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_psrzEYVJis

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 05:53 PM
Thanks!

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 05:56 PM
That was really good, thanks for sharing. So the 4 exclusive missions are about Benedict Arnold. So basically it would be like having the Copernicus conspiracy in 4 missions.

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
That was really good, thanks for sharing. So the 4 exclusive missions are about Benedict Arnold. So basically it would be like having the Copernicus conspiracy in 4 missions.

Yes. I am more excited about the teasing he does about Desmond part. When he was talking the first thing that came to my mind was that we will have a free-roam map in the present?

tarrero
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
Interesting!!!! I hope this means that Arnold is not the main villian. And dont get me wrong, it is just I dont want the whole "Ubisoft is pro american ra ra ra" to come up again.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
I'll enjoy watching those missions on youtube, I guess.

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
That made my mouth water:D... So the build up of Desmond becoming an Assassin will be payed off... Awesome! That was a great interview.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
Yes. I am more excited about the teasing he does about Desmond part. When he was talking the first thing that came to my mind was that we will have a free-roam map in the present?

If you mean free roam as in a city then I don't think so. If you mean free roam as in like AC:B like getting out the animus then that's a maybe, seeing as we get to play as Desmond a lot anyway, he might be using a pocket animus this time, who knows.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 06:20 PM
I wonder if they finally implement HUD for Desmond. Full Assassin gameplay won't really work for him unless there's a HUD. I get that they didn't want it (because Animus creates the HUD blah blah) but sometimes gameplay has to prevail over "realism"

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
I wonder if they finally implement HUD for Desmond. Full Assassin gameplay won't really work for him unless there's a HUD. I get that they didn't want it (because Animus creates the HUD blah blah) but sometimes gameplay has to prevail over "realism"

Agreed with this, although what if we die... :P. We will be forced to play the whole game again ;)

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
Agreed with this, although what if we die... :P. We will be forced to play the whole game again ;)
They should just have standard deaths/reloading. I really get why they made Desmond gameplay the way it was for realism/stylistic reasons, but it just didn't work... In the end, this is ALL a game, so let's have deaths/reloading & HUD in Desmond gameplay too. I really don't think fans would mind

Steww-
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
I really don't think fans would mind
Are you sure you are thinking about the right fanbase? xD

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 06:45 PM
He said the first hours are going to surprise fans..hmmmmm...
Lucy back?
Sub16 Alive?
Desmond is just an ancestor from somebody else? (the sun, your son thingy)
Part of The End?
Nikolai Orelovs marks?
TWCB own animus piece of eden?

I could continue with the list, yeah, awsome story.
I just hope a suitable end!

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/610522.jpg

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 06:52 PM
He said the first hours are going to surprise fans..hmmmmm...
Lucy back?
Sub16 Alive?
Desmond is just an ancestor from somebody else? (the sun, your son thingy)
Part of The End?
Nikolai Orelovs marks?
TWCB own animus piece of eden?

I could continue with the list, yeah, awsome story.
I just hope a suitable end!

What do you mean Nikolai Orelov's marks?

tarrero
08-20-2012, 07:01 PM
Leave Clay and Lucy alone.......They are gone, and latter one, FOR good!!!!

r4inm4n1991
08-20-2012, 07:19 PM
Leave Clay and Lucy alone.......They are gone, and latter one, FOR good!!!!

What do you mean FOR good? We all think shes a templar because of the DLC, do you think that in the game they wont speak about her? what about the fans that didnt purchase the dlc?
They better explain the whole subject16/lucy thingy that happened in The Lost Archive, this DLC was a complete tease and was just made to confuse us even more!

When i say Nikolai Orelovs marks, i mean something that he maybe did in America that will lead desmond, since (i think, not quite sure) he had contact with TWCB but wasnt desmonds ancestor.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM
They should just have standard deaths/reloading. I really get why they made Desmond gameplay the way it was for realism/stylistic reasons, but it just didn't work... In the end, this is ALL a game, so let's have deaths/reloading & HUD in Desmond gameplay too. I really don't think fans would mind

I would, but then again, I'm not just a fan.

http://t.qkme.me/3553ua.jpg

tarrero
08-20-2012, 07:52 PM
What do you mean FOR good? We all think shes a templar because of the DLC, do you think that in the game they wont speak about her? what about the fans that didnt purchase the dlc?
They better explain the whole subject16/lucy thingy that happened in The Lost Archive, this DLC was a complete tease and was just made to confuse us even more!

I hope that they talk abour her, it makes sense I agree. However, and I did not mean it for you, many people here is still claiming "she is a not dead, she is not a templar". I understood you meant that, my apologies.

Ielgon
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/610522.jpg

Genius! XD

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 08:34 PM

Agreed. Besides, that friggin "Press Any Button" prompt is twice as distracting as a standard HUD.

MetalCreed
08-20-2012, 08:45 PM
Cool.

Umbra_Blade
08-20-2012, 08:47 PM
great video, thanks for sharing;)

MauganRa998
08-20-2012, 09:11 PM
I reckon the other 2/3 of the playerbase will enjoy watching the content on youtube instead of actually getting to play it.....nice one.

Josegtx13
08-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm going to watch those Benedict Arnold missions on YouTube =/

naran6142
08-20-2012, 09:27 PM
I reckon the other 2/3 of the playerbase will enjoy watching the content on youtube instead of actually getting to play it.....nice one.

unfortunately, thats just how the cookie crumbles :p

he did say that it wasnt important, who knows, it might be included as dlc somewhere down the road, the other ps3 exclusives werent but u never no

have hope :p

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
What I do hope that returns is interactive cut scenes! Although this threw me off in AC2 it was a shame they got taken out in ACB and ACR. I loved pressing buttons in cutscenes to do stuff! Wish they would return :(

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 10:12 PM
What I do hope that returns is interactive cut scenes! Although this threw me off in AC2 it was a shame they got taken out in ACB and ACR. I loved pressing buttons in cutscenes to do stuff! Wish they would return :(

I know, right? That one cutscene before you fight Rodrigo in Venice was totally badass!

Ezio270
08-20-2012, 10:15 PM
good sharing thanks

tarrero
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM

I would really like quick events to be in the game more often.

SixKeys
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM

Ugh, for the love of God, no. Quicktime events were one of the few annoying flaws of AC2, I'm so glad they only did it for one game.

I like not having a HUD for Desmond when he's outside the Animus. Depending on how they'll handle his parts in AC3, they could maybe have him wear something like a visor with a few simple HUD elements if it's absolutely necessary.

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 10:21 PM
Ugh, for the love of God, no. Quicktime events were one of the few annoying flaws of AC2, I'm so glad they only did it for one game.

I like not having a HUD for Desmond when he's outside the Animus. Depending on how they'll handle his parts in AC3, they could maybe have him wear something like a visor with a few simple HUD elements if it's absolutely necessary.

I thought the complete opposite, it is what made me love AC2 so much. There is a moment where you are given the option to press square when Leonardo opens his arms to hug Ezio. I missed the button and Ezio didn't offer his arms and an upset face came over Leonardo. It just added an extra bit to the story.

tarrero
08-20-2012, 10:46 PM
I thought the complete opposite, it is what made me love AC2 so much. There is a moment where you are given the option to press square when Leonardo opens his arms to hug Ezio. I missed the button and Ezio didn't offer his arms and an upset face came over Leonardo. It just added an extra bit to the story.

Same!!! In fact, I would enjoy very much if they include it even more actively......

SixKeys
08-20-2012, 10:54 PM

Quicktime events take me out of the story. When I'm watching a cut scene, I'm laying down the controls, maybe taking a sip of water or grabbing a bite because I'm focusing on the dialogue and looking at the surroundings (like during the aforementioned tour of Venice). QTEs expect you to be on your guard at all times, because if you aren't, you will lose a bit of the story. It was made all the more annoying for us PC players by the fact that they didn't bother to change the colored symbols into keyboard equivalents. I spent the first five minutes of the game simply trying to figure out how to make baby Ezio move.

BTW, regarding the interview: Alex says in ACB Desmond learned how to lead a group. I don't think he was ever in any sort of leadership position. All the team members were pretty equal and didn't really treat Desmond any differently. He was only special because he was the only one who could lead them to Juno, but he was still mostly a tag-along.

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 11:06 PM
BTW, regarding the interview: Alex says in ACB Desmond learned how to lead a group. I don't think he was ever in any sort of leadership position. All the team members were pretty equal and didn't really treat Desmond any differently. He was only special because he was the only one who could lead them to Juno, but he was still mostly a tag-along.

He also said he got the Apple in AC2. So... not sure what Alex was smoking that day :p

SixKeys
08-20-2012, 11:10 PM
He also said he got the Apple in AC2. So... not sure what Alex was smoking that day :p

I also like how he completely skipped over ACR, lol. "And in ACR he....Well... He was basically in a coma the whole time and didn't really learn anything."

Umbra_Blade
08-20-2012, 11:16 PM
I also like how he completely skipped over ACR, lol. "And in ACR he....Well... He was basically in a coma the whole time and didn't really learn anything."

I would say if he learnt anything, it was finding his identity through those puzzle things. Before he wasn't keen on being an assassin or being regarded as one (to my recollection, i may be wrong), whereas now he seems proud of his heritage. "In a few short months my life changed forever. I know my easiest days are behind me, but I don't want them back – not now. My name is Desmond Miles, and I am an Assassin. I am an Assassin."

naran6142
08-20-2012, 11:24 PM
Quicktime events take me out of the story. When I'm watching a cut scene, I'm laying down the controls, maybe taking a sip of water or grabbing a bite because I'm focusing on the dialogue and looking at the surroundings (like during the aforementioned tour of Venice). QTEs expect you to be on your guard at all times, because if you aren't, you will lose a bit of the story. It was made all the more annoying for us PC players by the fact that they didn't bother to change the colored symbols into keyboard equivalents. I spent the first five minutes of the game simply trying to figure out how to make baby Ezio move.

I think he meant that desmond learn leader ship through ezio

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Alex hadn't really sat down and thought about it before that point. He hadn't planned out something to say, he was just giving examples.

GLHS
08-21-2012, 08:59 AM
Those of you not liking QTE's will be disappointed then. Idk about in cutscenes yet, but we already know they are implemented into fighting. Like hunting and wildlife. So if you don't like them at all, then they may take you out of those fight sequences a bit.

Legendz54
08-21-2012, 09:57 AM
If there is a fight between Desmond and Danial cross near the end of the game i hope there are cinematic fighting scenes where you have to press the right button, i can already see them both wrestling each other in a cinematic and you have to press square to avoid being hit.

Similar to uncharted but it doesn't have to be as often.

http://youtu.be/t48LhFvb0xI

r4inm4n1991
08-21-2012, 12:23 PM
I would like that to, i don't feel that Rodrigo's fight in AC2 and Cesares in ACB were that great...

SixKeys
08-21-2012, 12:28 PM
Those of you not liking QTE's will be disappointed then. Idk about in cutscenes yet, but we already know they are implemented into fighting. Like hunting and wildlife. So if you don't like them at all, then they may take you out of those fight sequences a bit.

From what I've heard, those are actually avoidable. At E3 they asked about those and Alex said they basically put those prompts in during fights with animals because some players didn't understand you could assassinate them just like people. If you don't press the assassinate button at the right time, Connor will simply avoid the attack, but if you do, you will get a cool cut scene showing the assassination.

Ielgon
08-21-2012, 02:15 PM
From what I've heard, those are actually avoidable. At E3 they asked about those and Alex said they basically put those prompts in during fights with animals because some players didn't understand you could assassinate them just like people. If you don't press the assassinate button at the right time, Connor will simply avoid the attack, but if you do, you will get a cool cut scene showing the assassination.

That's pretty awesome! But is it possible to assassinate an animal before the prompt? And does it then just happen exactly the same way where the animal attacks Connor (because that would be more of a counter then) or does Connor like jump onto/actively attack the animal like he would with a human enemy?

SixKeys
08-21-2012, 05:32 PM
That's pretty awesome! But is it possible to assassinate an animal before the prompt? And does it then just happen exactly the same way where the animal attacks Connor (because that would be more of a counter then) or does Connor like jump onto/actively attack the animal like he would with a human enemy?

I'm not sure, but I think it pretty much happens exactly like you saw in the Frontier demo with the wolves. Right after the cut scene where Connor finds himself surrounded, an assassination prompt came up but the player didn't act on it, so when the wolf jumped at Connor, he just ducked. The second time the wolf attacked, the player did press the button and Connor killed the wolf.

notafanboy
08-21-2012, 05:46 PM
I'm not sure, but I think it pretty much happens exactly like you saw in the Frontier demo with the wolves. Right after the cut scene where Connor finds himself surrounded, an assassination prompt came up but the player didn't act on it, so when the wolf jumped at Connor, he just ducked. The second time the wolf attacked, the player did press the button and Connor killed the wolf.
i think he dodged it actually.

nightcobra
08-21-2012, 09:14 PM

how about if the animus 3.0 was the U.I?

if this new animus was portable (maybe rebecca tinkers with it inside the temple) then it could be shown in desmond's back with a screen on it, functioning kinda like the health meter in deadspace.