PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Shade has seen things..

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Shade, what are you hiding? You know things that we do not know about AC3. Know that we are organizing a kidnapping, and find out all about AC3!

PS. It's a discussion ironic, do not take it seriously. :p

deskp
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
You make alot of threads.. seems unnessecary.

lonewarrior30
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
has he/she said something about AC we didnt know?

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
People assume [wrongly] - that Forum Managers are just fluff..

Some think we are Volunteers, we are not, we are paid employees of Ubisoft.

That we have no connection to the games Dev Teams - we do, and in fact we have always prompted the dev team to post /release things - due to demand or the potenital demand we see ;)

That we have little say in the company - Our reports not only voice the communities concerns or praise - we also identify potential issues before they arise, these reports are then sent around the company, so that the teams can see what they are doing right.. or wrong.. ;)

We are not just Moderators - who are volunteers that do an amazing job.. So we do have access to a lot of information.. just not all of it can be shared ;)

Anywhoo - No real need for the thread? - unless there's some relevance ?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 03:46 PM
has he/she said something about AC we didnt know?No. Multiple people do seem to think he acts a bit suspicious in threads about Charles Lee though. Not that he would be the only one from Ubisoft. Matt Turner got nervous as hell when asked about Lee in one of the podcast, and even the first Game Informer article talked about 'teh mystery" about his role in the game

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 03:49 PM
No. Multiple people do seem to think he acts a bit suspicious in threads about Charles Lee
Only those that assume..

;)

A few people like to grab any and all screenshots - and try and read things into them - they are not always right, however I can't always say that - since it would kill the discussion - and really who cares if there are a few mis-steps along the way?

Least it's a talking point ;)

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 03:52 PM

That we have no connection to the games Dev Teams - we do, and in fact we have always prompted the dev team to post /release things - due to demand or the potenital demand we see ;)

That we have little say in the company - Our reports not only voice the communities concerns or praise - we also identify potential issues before they arise, these reports are then sent around the company, so that the teams can see what they are doing right.. or wrong.. ;)

We are not just Moderators - who are volunteers that do an amazing job.. So we do have access to a lot of information.. just not all of it can be shared ;)

I know, I was joking, do not worry. :p

How does it feel to know things that no one knows yet?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Only those that assume..

;)

A few people like to grab any and all screenshots - and try and read things into them - they are not always right, however I can't always say that - since it would kill the discussion - and really who cares if there are a few mis-steps along the way?

Least it's a talking point ;)It's all speculation fun. I'm totally ready to find out some of my speculations ain't true on October 30. Until then, I will continue to work with what I have :p

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 03:55 PM
I like Shade's comments. They usually make me wonder more than I would about certain things. Also he's just a nice guy.:p

Slayer_WTF
You make alot of threads.. seems unnessecary.

I do not see where the problem is. I like sharing my ideas with others, seen here on the Ubisoft forums there are many people good.

pacmanate
Mr Shade has seen things no other man has seen :O

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
How does it feel to know things that no one knows yet?
It's great...

If only you guys knew what I know.. mahhahahahaa

But then - there would be no surprises ;)

There's some games I have had to sit on information for years.. FC3 for example ;) - it can be hard.. but it's always a pleasure to see the communities reaction to news ;)

lonewarrior30
08-20-2012, 03:58 PM
It's great...

If only you guys knew what I know.. mahhahahahaa

But then - there would be no surprises ;)

There's some games I have had to sit on information for years.. FC3 for example ;) - it can be hard.. but it's always a pleasure to see the communities reaction to news ;)

but...dont you sometimes have the need to share the information with us? :D

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
but...dont you sometimes have the need to share the information with us? :D
Not when it's hush hush.. I have a good track record of not breaking NDA's - and intend to keep it..

I know people 'think' I hint at things.. I really don't.. ;)

I just like this smiley ;)

Locopells
08-20-2012, 04:00 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmje1pFAl1k

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:01 PM
I have a little 'with envy! Must be nice, except the part where you learn some things about the game. :P

lonewarrior30
08-20-2012, 04:03 PM
Not when it's hush hush.. I have a good track record of not breaking NDA's - and intend to keep it..

I know people 'think' I hint at things.. I really don't.. ;)

I just like this smiley ;)

oh hahah...well can you atleast tell us if G4 is going to show some new gameplay clips? :D

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
oh hahah...well can you atleast tell us if G4 is going to show some new gameplay clips? :D
If they have said that - and I'm not confirming it.. then I guess they are? ;)

Any content they show, is down to how they market it.

But, no harm in checking ;)

reddragonhrcro
08-20-2012, 04:06 PM
I guess you also get sometimes to play these games in development as some other forum managers do.;)

Locopells
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM

If you've signed a NDA, doesn't that suggest you have something to ND?!

lonewarrior30
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
If they have said that - and I'm not confirming it.. then I guess they are? ;)

Any content they show, is down to how they market it.

But, no harm in checking ;)

oh...you are good

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 04:12 PM

^ :P

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I guess you also get sometimes to play these games in development as some other forum managers do.;)
Yeap :)

We all have game time on new titles - and pre-production Alpha's ;)

Other wise we wouldn't be much good talking about games...

It allows us to field some of the questions, since if we know [for example] - that you press X to rewind time, we can sometimes confirm that in posts;)

It's also good that we see the final game.. so we can slap down ideas about games based on pre-production footage..

Another example - some games, at early stages have unoptimised graphics and frame rates, - and it can be the same as seen at events, so it's great to see them running as retail versions will - so we again can correct some assumptions from playing the early game footage ;)

We also get the final game [to keep] at the same time as reviewers - sometimes a few weeks before, so we have it to hand ready for the screaming on release day..

I had Ghost Recon Future Soldier about 3 weeks before release.. ;)

It's a small perk for having such a stressful job ;)

Indeed it does ;)

Would be a boring job otherwise? :P

lonewarrior30
08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Yeap :)

We all have game time on new titles - and pre-production Alpha's ;)

Other wise we wouldn't be much good talking about games...

It allows us to field some of the questions, since if we know [for example] - that you press X to rewind time, we can sometimes confirm that in posts;)

It's also good that we seen the final game.. so we can slap down ideas about games based on pre-production footage..

Another example - some games, at early stages have unoptimised graphics and frame rates, - and it can be the same as seen at events, so it's great to see them running as retail versions will - so we again can correct some assumptions from playing the early game footage ;)

Indeed it does ;)

Would be a boring job otherwise? :P

So you are confirming that we are able to rewind time in AC3? :DDDDDDDDDDD :P

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 04:16 PM
So Shade, since you played it already, without spoiling anything, do you predict ME3 ending rage part 2? :p

reddragonhrcro
08-20-2012, 04:17 PM
So you are confirming that we are able to rewind time in AC3? :DDDDDDDDDDD :P

LMFAO! xD

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:19 PM
So Shade, since you played it already, without spoiling anything, do you predict ME3 ending rage part 2? :p
I never said that.. did I?

Oh you do like assumptions ;)

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:19 PM

http://images.wikia.com/creepypasta/images/5/56/Disgusted-oh-god-why-text.png

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 04:21 PM

Oh you do like assumptions ;)No, I don't say you did. I'm asking if you think there will be ending rage after AC3 comes out :p

BTW, did you like ME3 ending? :p

Locopells
08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
Oh you do like assumptions ;)

You forgot the evil laugh...

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:24 PM
No, I don't say you did. I'm asking if you think there will be ending rage after AC3 comes out :p

BTW, did you like ME3 ending? :p

LOL ?

So Shade, since you played it already,

[insert assumption there]

I liked the original version..

It didn't really need the extended ending in my eyes.. sometimes it's better to not sway to internet opinion and stay true to your own story..

But that's me ;)

Sabastian_AC
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
So Mr. Shade, can answer questions to clarify already-released information? For instance, it is unclear to me how the sailing mechanic will work: Steven Masters has done some interviews that make it sound like we will be playing instanced missions and side missions, but the Matt Turner interviews make the Eastern Seaboard sound like a fourth "city" where we are free to travel at will, visiting port towns and such. Can you clarify this?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Nice dodge of the first question :p

I liked the original..Run Shade, run!

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:28 PM
So Mr. Shade, can answer questions to clarify already-released information? For instance, it is unclear to me how the sailing mechanic will work: Steven Masters has done some interviews that make it sound like we will be playing instanced missions and side missions, but the Matt Turner interviews make the Eastern Seaboard sound like a fourth "city" where we are free to travel at will, visiting port towns and such. Can you clarify this?
Potential gameplay dynamics / story elements such as that, are still under wraps.

There will be plenty of new information before the game's release though, and time to clarify.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:29 PM
There will be plenty of new information before the game's release though.

Bene, bene. ( Good, Good ). :D

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
right.. been fun ;) laters!

Don't forget to bug your other FM too ;) BW will be feeling left out ;)

Sabastian_AC
08-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Potential gameplay dynamics / story elements such as that, are still under wraps.

There will be plenty of new information before the game's release though, and time to clarify.

Haha worth a shot! It seemed to me like Matt and Steven's information was contradictory, and I was getting worried that they had scaled back the sailing bits from full open-world explorability to more structured missions. I probably shouldn't be too worried. Either way, the naval sections are going to be awesome.

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
So Shade are Ubisoft working on a new Prince of Persia game? Trust me this will stay just between us. Don't reply if the answer is yes.

EDIT: New Prince of Persia confirmed. You heard it here first.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 04:42 PM
So Shade are Ubisoft working on a new Prince of Persia game? Trust me this will stay just between us. Don't reply if the answer is yes.
xD

misterB2001
08-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Mr. Shade, when exactly did you learn of ACIIIs existence?

Saar Ben Kiki
08-20-2012, 04:46 PM
Oh god...
slayer is so dumb

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:51 PM
Oh god...
slayer is so dumb

Oh, thanks.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Oh, thanks.

seriously stop with all those speculations each at a thread..

Locopells
08-20-2012, 05:00 PM
Guys...

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
seriously stop with all those speculations each at a thread..
Don't like it? Don't click on the thread, nobody forces you

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 05:03 PM
Someones been a SPEKULATIN!

Saar Ben Kiki
08-20-2012, 05:04 PM
Someones been a SPEKULATIN!

what is that supposeda mean?

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Unless this thread is about developer/ubisoft employee interaction with fans, I don't see why it should still be open after Shade answered the question on the first page.

It is cool to know that you do get to look behind the scenes though, shade.

MT4K
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Oh god...
slayer is so dumb

This wasn't necessary. Let's try avoid saying such things yes? :)

Locopells
08-20-2012, 05:06 PM
Unless this thread is about developer/ubisoft employee interaction with fans, I don't see why it should still be open after Shade answered the question on the first page.

If Shade ain't locked it, I'm guessing he don't mind.

Or he forgot.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 05:09 PM
He's probably playing Ghost Recon!

infamous_ezio
08-20-2012, 05:56 PM

So in a sense, you guys get info from the fans, and tell that to the dev team who can then have an idea of how to write the game? I like that idea,seems kind of cool to always try to keep fans happy.

EscoBlades
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM
He does know things, hehehe. I shall interrogate him at Eurogamer ;)

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 06:23 PM
He does know things, hehehe. I shall interrogate him at Eurogamer ;)

But will you share with us, that is the question among questions!!

EscoBlades
08-20-2012, 06:25 PM
But will you share with us, that is the question among questions!!

I'll share what i can, if HE lets me, hahaha

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM
Mr Shade has seen things, terrible things...

You don't know man, you weren't there!!

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
"The things I have felt, seen and tasted. I do not regret a moment of it."

Ubi-MoshiMoshi
08-20-2012, 06:47 PM
So in a sense, you guys get info from the fans, and tell that to the dev team who can then have an idea of how to write the game? I like that idea,seems kind of cool to always try to keep fans happy.

That is part of it yes :)

zerocooll21
08-20-2012, 07:25 PM

Didn't know, thanks for sharing :) And thanks for the hard work!

dxsxhxcx
08-20-2012, 07:27 PM
the key for a successful kidnap attempt is don't tell the victim you're going to kidnap him/her... :p

ProletariatPleb
08-20-2012, 09:38 PM
The title of the thread ROFL!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTzA_xesrL8

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 09:42 PM
That's right, I was inspired by that. :D

Will_Lucky
08-21-2012, 12:18 AM
I think he just enjoys tormenting us with his superior information :D.

EscoBlades
08-21-2012, 10:06 AM
the key for a successful kidnap attempt is don't tell the victim you're going to kidnap him/her... :p

I'm an Assassin. He can know what i'll do all he wants. Stopping me is a different matter ;)

Mr_Shade
08-21-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm an Assassin. He can know what i'll do all he wants. Stopping me is a different matter ;)
Yeah... Cause I won't see you hanging from the rafters.. will I..

:P

Message to all - keep an eye out for some awesome information in the coming weeks - locking thread, since it's nice and all, but not really needed ;)