PDA

View Full Version : Ugly Women

Blind2Society
08-20-2012, 07:37 AM
So I'm just wondering why Ubisoft makes all the women in AC games so incredibly ugly? I only recruit female assassin's (don't really know why) but they are all so ugly. It's especially confusing since Cristina was one of the best looking video game character of all time (in my honest opinion) and Sofia isn't bad looking either. Why are all the other women in the series so terrible looking? Oh yeah, and Rosa wasn't bad looking either.

Ubisoft can make gool looking female characters, why do they make most of them so fugly?

Legendz54
08-20-2012, 07:40 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGMrZd5BCx7NwavE3ylb1PnmwZCT2AZ 1_ecSfrw5jp5mgvzwLcKw

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:45 AM
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGMrZd5BCx7NwavE3ylb1PnmwZCT2AZ 1_ecSfrw5jp5mgvzwLcKw

OH JESUS CHRIST!!!

When I scrolled down that scared the **** out of me... O_O

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 08:04 AM
So I'm just wondering why Ubisoft makes all the women in AC games so incredibly ugly? I only recruit female assassin's (don't really know why) but they are all so ugly. It's especially confusing since Cristina was one of the best looking video game character of all time (in my honest opinion) and Sofia isn't bad looking either. Why are all the other women in the series so terrible looking? Oh yeah, and Rosa wasn't bad looking either.

Ubisoft can make gool looking female characters, why do they make most of them so fugly?

1. They're pixels, they're not real, so why the **** does it bother you. You can't have sex with them.
2. A lot of the men are ugly as well, why just focus on the women?

Kit572
08-20-2012, 08:06 AM

Lol thats a good point

Blind2Society
08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
1. They're pixels, they're not real, so why the **** does it bother you. You can't have sex with them.
1. Obvious troll is obvious.
2. I don't care about the men.

Legendz54
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM
OH JESUS CHRIST!!!

When I scrolled down that scared the **** out of me... O_O

lol

SixKeys
08-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I don't have a problem with the women. The male recruits are usually twice as ugly.

LightRey
08-20-2012, 01:17 PM
They don't look that ugly to me.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 01:18 PM
I don't have a problem with the women. The male recruits are usually twice as ugly.

Some of them were very cute IMO so I quickly recruited them :rolleyes:

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 01:22 PM
Are we so starved of anything to talk about AC that we've resorted to threads about how ugly the women of AC are? October can't come soon enough

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Odd you say they are ALL ugly - apart from.. and.. oh not forgetting...

Maybe Ugly is a harsh word - ordinary looking.. maybe?

But all in all - it's not a pin up game - or strip poker - so there may be some more ordinary people walking about - to make the good looking ones look even better?

Anyway... You have yet to see ACIII's full range.. so lets try and hold back judgement..

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 01:25 PM

Yeah cause he said he wanted to shag his god dam TV didn't he.

I think AC:B had some good looking female characters. I think AC:R had the most crapped up faces.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM

I think AC:B had some good looking female characters. I think AC:R had the most crapped up faces.

ACR seemed like a weird transition between AC1/2/B and AC3 style of face modelling/capturing. From what we saw, the faces in AC3 look very good, I don't see this weird thingy I saw in all ACR faces

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 01:30 PM
ACR seemed like a weird transition between AC1/2/B and AC3 style of face modelling/capturing. From what we saw, the faces in AC3 look very good, I don't see this weird thingy I saw in all ACR faces

Well, minus Ezio looking like a monkey.

GLHS
08-20-2012, 01:34 PM
Are we so starved of anything to talk about AC that we've resorted to threads about how ugly the women of AC are? October can't come soon enough

Seriously. This is either a bad sign of drought.......or too much attention to detail that really doesn't matter. Not quite sure which yet........

WolfTemplar94
08-20-2012, 01:49 PM
Honestly, back then, not many women were overly attractive. Plus, features we see as "Beautiful" or "Sexy" today, are very likely to have been different back then. I actually think it's really refreshing to see a game not result to eye-candy in order to attract sales.

BeCk41
08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
I didn't think they were all that ugly to begin with, most of the female assassins were probably default character that might have been apart of the crowd and Ubisoft decided to put those same models or whatever you want to call them again as the assassin recruits. When I first saw Brotherhood I thought that the courtesan, smuggler, thief and hellequin were going to be in the single player as my assassins, but I guess I thought wrong too. xD

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 02:01 PM
Some of them were very cute IMO so I quickly recruited them :rolleyes:

Lol

tarrero
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
Ugly or not, I want that at least not everybody looks the same. In revelations all the NPC´could be identical twins.....

MangoCookies
08-20-2012, 02:22 PM
I guess every NPC, women or not, will have to be ugly so we can like the main characters more?

LightRey
08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Ugly or not, I want that at least not everybody looks the same. In revelations all the NPC´could be identical twins.....
That's easier said than done.

tarrero
08-20-2012, 02:27 PM
That's easier said than done.

It did not bother me on all previous games. but on Revelations was exaggerated.

Felix-Vivo
08-20-2012, 04:15 PM
It did not bother me on all previous games. but on Revelations was exaggerated.

Yeah, I got confused plotwise that the guy in Masyaf trying to open the library appeared so many times throughout the story and was never acknowledged... I'm silly, I assumed it was the same guy!

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Well in the real world not everyone is a glamour model, especially not back then. They didn't care so much about appearance, they didn't have as sophisticated beauty treatment as we do and what is considered beautiful now, wasn't necessarily the case back then, did you know it was fashionable for young women to shave their eyebrows during the rennaisance? cos that's not considered pretty now.

Also stop being so petty, there are plenty of other games you can go and play if you want to see unrealistically pretty women.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:23 PM
Most generic NPCs in AC games are bland or unnatractive. It would indeed be cool if that was not always the case, but it's a bit shallow to only want women to look better. I thought everyone started looking a lot better in Brotherhood. I'm happy with that level of improvement, and I expect with the new engine and necessity for a total art redesign on AC3, we'll see a more varied palette of NPC faces.

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM

Then why the **** would it bother him?

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
1. Obvious troll is obvious.
2. I don't care about the men.

1. I think you should probably look up what a troll is.
2. I don't care about either, they're not real. Cut the sexism.

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Well in the real world not everyone is a glamour model, especially not back then. They didn't care so much about appearance, they didn't have as sophisticated beauty treatment as we do and what is considered beautiful now, wasn't necessarily the case back then, did you know it was fashionable for young women to shave their eyebrows during the rennaisance? cos that's not considered pretty now.

Also stop being so petty, there are plenty of other games you can go and play if you want to see unrealistically pretty women.

This

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 06:33 PM

Well said.

BATISTABUS
08-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Ezio appreciate women of every variety. ;)

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Ezio appreciate women of every variety. ;)

So should everybody.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 07:47 PM
So should everybody.

Well, i mean, i wouldn't go that far, i mean, you know....

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 08:32 PM

MetalCreed
08-20-2012, 08:38 PM
Japanese devs would take their sweet time to make all women sexy.
I hope Connor has a better looking love interest though, or at least a better looking woman to end up with.
It sucks that all the cute main female characters end up dead or disappear into thin air.

pacmanate
08-20-2012, 08:46 PM
^ They would, but the gameplay and story would suck

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
^ They would, but the gameplay and story would suck
The male characters would all end up looking like females too.

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 08:55 PM

Appreciate doesn't mean seeing them simply as a means to an orgasm. Women have more to them than just being objects for sex. Appreciate means being respectful to them. You don't have to fancy someone to appreciate them.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 09:24 PM
Appreciate doesn't mean seeing them simply as a means to an orgasm. Women have more to them than just being objects for sex. Appreciate means being respectful to them. You don't have to fancy someone to appreciate them.

What about women who aren't attractive, nice or smart?

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 09:25 PM
What about women who aren't attractive, nice or smart?

Then they can go to hell ;)

Although not being smart doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
Then they can go to hell ;)

Although not being smart doesn't mean they shouldn't be respected.

Not funny, resilient, brave, strong, fit, dependable, trustworthy, open minded, hygienic, friendly, moral, tolerant, or any positive quality you can think of.

But seriously, this thread is a silly thread..

eagleforlife1
08-20-2012, 10:23 PM
Not funny, resilient, brave, strong, fit, dependable, trustworthy, open minded, hygienic, friendly, moral, tolerant, or any positive quality you can think of.

But seriously, this thread is a silly thread..

What are you talking about? I didn't say they shouldn't be admired for those qualities, I jokingly said they can go to hell as evidenced by the smilie. I totally agree with you on those additional qualities you mentioned...

SixKeys
08-20-2012, 10:56 PM
I can't believe this thread is over five pages long.

TheHumanTowel
08-20-2012, 11:07 PM
People apparantly have really strong opinions on whether the NPCs in AC are ugly.

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 11:09 PM
People apparantly have really strong opinions on whether the NPCs in AC are ugly.

It's a seriously big deal, i think we need an official inquiry, perhaps a few rallies.

eagleforlife1
08-21-2012, 12:36 AM

I just don't like the word ugly. It has no worth and is not constructive in any way.

Blind2Society
08-21-2012, 03:02 AM

Right? I go away for a day and people are calling me sexist and petty because I think the assassin recruits in a video game are ugly. The internet never fails.

Petty? You've got to be kidding me, it's a video game they don't have feelings.

Sexist? Because I don't find men attractive? Hmm, sure seems like humanity is going down the drain.

Why the "****" do I care? Because I like to look at attractive things rather than ugly things, regardless of whether I can have sex with them or not.

Silly? Maybe, but what's wrong with posting silly threads?

Is this a big deal? No, certainly not but it's also not very difficult to make the NPCs at least average looking.

Either way it's just a side note that I don't really care about. It's just a topic of discussion.

Calvarok
08-21-2012, 03:09 AM
Right? I go away for a day and people are calling me sexist and petty because I think the assassin recruits in a video game are ugly. The internet never fails.

Sexist? Because I don't find men attractive? Hmm, sure seems like humanity is going down the drain.

Why the "****" do I care? Because I like to look at attractive things rather than ugly things, regardless of whether I can have sex with them or not.

Is this a big deal? No, certainly not but it's also not very difficult to make the NPCs at least average looking.

Either way it's just a side note that I don't really care about. It's just a topic of discussion.
You mean you seriously made a thread that basically says "I want women in Assassin's Creed to be hotter", left it without clarifying, and expected something OTHER than this?

The way it would be sexist is that you need women to match up to your standards of attractiveness, even in a product which has nothing to do with that, and it's silly that you expect everyone on the street to be good-looking from your point of view. I'm not actually saying that you are sexist, because I think that that term gets thrown around too much, but I think that's what people mean when they say you're sexist for making this thread.

Objectively, the NPCs have been bad-looking in the sense that they look generic and of lower graphical quality than the main characters, since the first AC. They've gotten better IMO with brotherhood and Revelations, and I expect improvements in AC3. End of discussion, IMO, but feel free to continue.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 03:11 AM

You`re a senior, you really shouldn't let Misunderstandings or finger pointing get to you, just ignore it or try to correct these guys jokingly;)

Anyways, I agree with you. The Female recruits are Ugly, the Civilians are ugly and Anetta is ugly.. (Im Pixel abusive)

the only pretty ones are those you mentioned, Lucrezia, Cristina, Caterina, Sofia, Rosa, Claudia( ACB)

(Now we wait for Ratosghfjhsg-fan to tell us which men are pretty)

Blind2Society
08-21-2012, 03:16 AM
You`re a senior, you really shouldn't let Misunderstandings or finger pointing get to you, just ignore it or try to correct these guys jokingly;)

Yeah, you're right.

eagleforlife1
08-21-2012, 10:20 AM
Yeah, you're right.

In your opinion, yes, fortunately the majority can see the light.

Blind2Society
08-21-2012, 10:29 AM
In your opinion, yes, fortunately the majority can see the light.

Excuse me? Not sure I follow.

eagleforlife1
08-21-2012, 10:40 AM

You start a thread titled ugly women and are then surprised when calls of sexism and pettiness are aimed at you.

I don't find men attractive either but it doesn't mean I expect every woman in the street to be attractive to me. I'm not attracted to every woman I see but I don't call them ugly. Wouldn't not your type be a better use of wording?

There's more to a woman than what she looks like on the outside.

eagleforlife1
08-21-2012, 10:43 AM

You start a thread titled ugly women and are then surprised when calls of sexism and pettiness are aimed at you.

I don't find men attractive either but it doesn't mean I expect every woman in the street to be attractive to me. I'm not attracted to every woman I see but I don't call them ugly. Wouldn't not your type be a better use of wording?

There's more to a woman than what she looks like on the outside, they deserve a bit more respect than that.

Blind2Society
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM

There's more to a woman than what she looks like on the outside, they deserve a bit more respect than that.

Guy, it's a video game.

Mr_Shade
08-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Indeed - it's a video game...

So don't expect everyone to be a page 3 model and lower your expectations ;)

Locking thread