PDA

View Full Version : Did Hans Zimmer help Lorne Balfe compose the ACIII Score?

AssassinVenice
08-20-2012, 01:52 AM
Hans Zimmer helped Lorne Balfe compose the ACR Score and they both did a fantastic job! Lorne Balfe is good but Hans Zimmer is superb!

I'm not sure if it was a good idea letting Lorne Balfe compose the score,though, because I think that a combination of Jesper Kyd and Hans Zimmer would have led to a much better final product than, you know. Lorne Balfe was a wrong choice of composer.

If you disagree, just listen to some tracks from Hans Zimmer, like Injection, Time, Mombasa, Dream is Collapsing, etc... and try to imagine them mixed with some of Jesper Kyd's tracks.

It would have been super-mega-epic! :D

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 01:53 AM
Agreed. Hanz Zimmer is probably the best modern day composer, with Jesper Kyd being a close second, although their styles are very different, with Kyd's tending to be more harsh and gritty.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 01:55 AM
Zimmer cost a lot of money. Do not believe that the great composers you pay little. In my opinion Lorne Balfe was a good buy. :)

AssassinVenice
08-20-2012, 02:02 AM
Zimmer cost a lot of money. Do not believe that the great composers you pay little. In my opinion Lorne Balfe was a good buy. :)

But Zimmer was there, after all!

What surprises me is that Kyd is gone, replaced by Balfe.

I would go with Jesper Kyd over Lorne Balfe any day! With the exception of the ACR main theme...

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 02:04 AM
I like Lorne Balfe, and I also like Kyd, but I think the musical adaptation needed a change, which we had with Revelations in a positive way. This time it should work, again.

E-Zekiel
08-20-2012, 02:08 AM
I dunno. I liked Balfe's stuff in Revelations, but between the Escape theme in AC1, and the escape theme in AC:B, as well as teh AC2 trailer music, Jesper Kyd most definitely schools Balfe.

tarrero
08-20-2012, 02:38 AM
Balfe was told to compose the cinematic part of the ACR soundtrack. Now that is entirely on his own, I am sure he will also use some "ambient" style. Just what you can hear on the beginning of the Frontier and Boston demos for example.

AssassinVenice
08-20-2012, 03:16 AM
Balfe was told to compose the cinematic part of the ACR soundtrack. Now that is entirely on his own, I am sure he will also use some "ambient" style. Just what you can hear on the beginning of the Frontier and Boston demos for example.

To be honest, ACIIIs soundtrack doesn't excite me as much as ACIIs did.

Basically, I need to get hooked to the soundtrack to get hooked to a game. Just gives you something to think and sing about while you're waiting for the release day.

AC Revelations was the first AC game that didn't get me too excited because of the soundtrack, and I'm afraid the same thing is happening right now with ACIII.

Serrachio
08-20-2012, 03:35 AM
Here's hoping that if Balfe has to modify a theme to tailor to a specific point of tension within the game, then it's not:

"AHHH AHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHH AHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! AHH AHH!"

Because that **** got really old.

NeroInfernoF7
08-20-2012, 05:34 AM
Here's hoping that if Balfe has to modify a theme to tailor to a specific point of tension within the game, then it's not:

I thought it was very special how he managed to get that part to fit in so many songs!

projectpat06
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM

To be honest, I'm going to be kind of disappointed if the opening title doesn't start with this playing.

DarkSolitude-X
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
For soundtracks it's Jesper Kyd. You can't beat the music of Assassin's Creed 1.

Wasn't really a fan of the music for Revelations. First time I heard the music for Revelations, I thought of a old man nearing death. Think it was that relaxed, somber tone. My expectations for AC3 isn't all to high. I hope I'm wrong.

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:33 AM
Hans Zimmer really does make some fantastic scores.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Hans Zimmer really does make some fantastic scores.

No sh** xD

(No offence intended)