PDA

View Full Version : AC3 and The Patriot

hoganshero
08-20-2012, 01:17 AM
I'm sure i'm not the only one to notice how much Connor's fighting resembles Mel Gibson's in The Patriot. I hope we get to attack a convoy like in the movie. The melee combat start at about 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-BQi0JjY2w

corbinmahieu
08-20-2012, 01:20 AM
Dude! he even uses a small knife..... Just like Connor's hidden blade in 2handed combat! .... Is Gibson an assassin? hehe...

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 01:21 AM
Its 'a fighting style used by Native Americans.

corbinmahieu
08-20-2012, 01:30 AM
Its 'a fighting style used by Native Americans.

Yeah I was being sarcastic.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 01:32 AM
Yeah I was being sarcastic.

No problem :D

MT4K
08-20-2012, 01:45 AM
It was actually brought up once before, but it was quite awhile ago now i believe :p.

corbinmahieu
08-20-2012, 01:46 AM
No problem :D

It still funny thou ! Mel Gibson........ Patriot ? Native? ... Or Assassin ! ( spoken in a typical very low movie trailer-voice )

LoyalACFan
08-20-2012, 02:42 AM
I hope we get to attack a convoy like in the movie.
You'll like these then :cool:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120411024404/assassinscreed/images/a/a9/Assassins-Creed-3-screenshot-06..jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120425181413/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/3b/ACIII-GI_%282%29.jpg/1000px-ACIII-GI_%282%29.jpg

NeroInfernoF7
08-20-2012, 05:51 AM
It was actually brought up once before, but it was quite awhile ago now i believe :p.

Yep, I even made a tralier with this exact scene, to look like the E3 Cinematic.
I got pretty positive feedback on that one, but the trailer is gone now ;)

Kit572
08-20-2012, 06:12 AM
You'll like these then :cool:

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120411024404/assassinscreed/images/a/a9/Assassins-Creed-3-screenshot-06..jpg

http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120425181413/assassinscreed/images/thumb/3/3b/ACIII-GI_(2).jpg/1000px-ACIII-GI_(2).jpg

I wonder if those shots were inspired from the movie...

rileypoole1234
08-20-2012, 06:31 AM
I think it's a good thing that it a little like the Patriot. I love the fight scenes in that movie. Those images above me of Connor are strangely uncanny though. It's like the same exact scene but with Connor instead of Gibson.

hoganshero
08-20-2012, 06:37 AM
I have seen 'those shots before but never thought of them like that. Thanks for posting them.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:23 AM
I think it's a good thing that it a little like the Patriot. I love the fight scenes in that movie. Those images above me of Connor are strangely uncanny though. It's like the same exact scene but with Connor instead of Gibson.

We'll, some of the stuff in games such as Hitman: Absolution have been inspired from movies, so maybe those screenshots were inspired from The Patriot.

Locopells
08-20-2012, 10:44 AM
I assume there's a story reason, no just a bad movie one, why the soilders are such bad fighters? Or were they waiting around for Mel to start a kill chain?!

Umbra_Blade
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
I assume there's a story reason, no just a bad movie one, why the soilders are such bad fighters? Or were they waiting around for Mel to start a kill chain?!

Well guns in those times, as you probably well know, were very slow to reload, and usually inaccurate. taking into account the fact that Mel and his boys have the higher ground and he is moving around like nobody's business, along with the fact the redcoats have near to no cover, it is very easy to pick them off. Also the character Mel plays is a war veteran who is somewhat of an American hero in his back story, so he is going to posses a lot more skill in combat than soldiers who are probably low ranked and new in comparison. Plus Gibson is as angry as hell due to the loss of his son to the redcoats, meaning he becomes that much more ruthless and deadly.
Hope that answers your question :)

WolfTemplar94
08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Well, I can imagine that The Patriot would have influence on the game. It's probably the most well known movie set in the war of independence. It's a pretty good movie, except for the American Propaganda.

Locopells
08-20-2012, 01:06 PM
I guess. They just seems a little comical, even for the period, that's all.

hoganshero
08-20-2012, 04:44 PM
Well, I can imagine that The Patriot would have influence on the game. It's probably the most well known movie set in the war of independence. It's a pretty good movie, except for the American Propaganda.

American Propaganda... Its a movie made in america about an important war in american history. What did you expect "For King and Country"

hoganshero
08-20-2012, 04:45 PM
Well guns in those times, as you probably well know, we're very slow to reload, and usually inaccurate. taking into account the fact that Mel and his boys have the higher ground and he is moving around like nobody's business, along with the fact the redcoats have near to no cover, it is very easy to pick them off. Also the character Mel plays is a war veteran who is somewhat of an American hero in his back story, so he is going to posses a lot more skill in combat than soldiers who are probably low ranked and new in comparison. Plus Gibson is as angry as hell due to the loss of his son to the redcoats, meaning he becomes that much more ruthless and deadly.

This

itsamea-mario
08-20-2012, 04:52 PM
Ever seen Last Of The Mohecans?

Yeah, by me.
and probably other people, but i do remember showing you the video.

Slayer_WTF
08-20-2012, 04:58 PM
Ever seen Last Of The Mohecans?

I saw him a week ago. Beautiful!

Locopells
08-20-2012, 05:02 PM
American Propaganda... Its a movie made in america about an important war in american history. What did you expect "For King and Country"

You mean like Dances with Wolves was?

BeCk41
08-20-2012, 05:19 PM
I knew someone was gonna make some threads about this, it was all just a matter of time. Try not to compare that movie and this game- that's all I can say, even though they seem to show similiar attributes. To be honest Mel wasn't the only one to carry around a tomahawk and gun. :rolleyes:

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:20 PM
I remember that part in the patriot where Mel Gibson took on 8 people with guns from the trees by hanging one, using the other as a shield, and fighting the rest at close range, doing rolls and jumps and stuff.

No wait I don't.

hoganshero
08-21-2012, 12:43 AM
I remember that part in the patriot where Mel Gibson took on 8 people with guns from the trees by hanging one, using the other as a shield, and fighting the rest at close range, doing rolls and jumps and stuff.

No wait I don't.

no need to be a jerk talking about that scene not whole movie.

projectpat06
08-21-2012, 01:15 AM
I'm sure i'm not the only one to notice how much Connor's fighting resembles Mel Gibson's in The Patriot. I hope we get to attack a convoy like in the movie. The melee combat start at about 2:00

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F-BQi0JjY2w

You're not. The first time I saw the AC3 Screenshots and launch trailer, the Patriot and the Last of the Mohicans immediately came to mind. Both are good movies especially the Patriot, and fortunately, both are on Netflix right now.

hoganshero
08-21-2012, 01:27 AM
You're not. The first time I saw the AC3 Screenshots and launch trailer, the Patriot and the Last of the Mohicans immediately came to mind. Both are good movies especially the Patriot, and fortunately, both are on Netflix right now.

Same here thought of This scene when i first saw game play footage. totally going to try to semi recreate the scene. also is there a way to record game play video on Xbox

projectpat06
08-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Well guns in those times, as you probably well know, were very slow to reload, and usually inaccurate. taking into account the fact that Mel and his boys have the higher ground and he is moving around like nobody's business, along with the fact the redcoats have near to no cover, it is very easy to pick them off. Also the character Mel plays is a war veteran who is somewhat of an American hero in his back story, so he is going to posses a lot more skill in combat than soldiers who are probably low ranked and new in comparison. Plus Gibson is as angry as hell due to the loss of his son to the redcoats, meaning he becomes that much more ruthless and deadly.

Actually he was more of a British hero who fought in the French and Indian war. Gibson's character was also against the war against the King until his home is attacked by the red coats and his 17 year old son is killed by one of Cornwallis' head ****** bags and his other son (Health Ledger) is taken captive. It became more of a personal vendetta

projectpat06
08-21-2012, 01:43 AM
http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/1/b/1bld1n16mk6ddlnd.jpg

I just hope Ubisoft creates this guy as an easter egg in the game. There hasn't been a character I've despised and hated in a movie more than him. Even some of the red coats dislike him

De Filosoof
08-21-2012, 01:45 AM
http://img2.bdbphotos.com/images/orig/1/b/1bld1n16mk6ddlnd.jpg

I just hope Ubisoft creates this guy as an easter egg in the game. There hasn't been a character I've despised and hated in a movie more than him. Even some of the red coats dislike him

Who's he?

projectpat06
08-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Who's he?

The fictitious Col. William Tavington, but he is loosely based on General Sir Banastre Tarleton.

Locopells
08-21-2012, 10:57 AM
'loosely'...

Slayer_WTF
08-21-2012, 11:11 AM
I read that Banastre Tarleton captured Charles Lee. Perhaps there may be a link.