PDA

View Full Version : Clipping in AC3

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Clipping has been very annoying for me in all AC's games but AC3 annoys the hell out of me
It has lots and lots of clipping
http://i49.tinypic.com/28bbt54.png
http://i48.tinypic.com/v81ov6.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/j9vy8p.png

This snow doesn't look so deep....
http://i48.tinypic.com/505xe.png
http://i45.tinypic.com/29ff4h0.png
Okay at least it's snow but this?!
http://i49.tinypic.com/ih1apl.png
and every time connor kills his enemy with the rope dart the rope goes through the tree which is really annoying (it's very clear at Boston demo)
http://i48.tinypic.com/i2jzbr.png
http://i50.tinypic.com/w8pz43.png
And the most annoying one !! the bow's rope !! it goes through connor's body while wearing it ! (Now I know why they removed the bow in every cutscene in E3...)

Note: I'm not trying to complain about everything I am actually so Hyped to this game and I like everything about it but the clipping just annoys me so much and it affects the gaming experience for me
I was A PC gamer and played all AC games on my Laptop (I cannot upgrade it :S ) ,,, brotherhood and revelations was slow :S ,, So I've just bought a PS3 just to play AC3 with full gaming experience but the clipping is just so much
Please Ubisoft fix this problem or at least decrease it :D

True_Assassin92
08-19-2012, 06:27 PM
I totally agree. It's horrible! I hope they fixed it in the final version :P

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 06:31 PM
Clipping happens in games. Especially open-world games. I can't think of a single open-world game without some kind of graphical issues, and this is fairly minor...

NeroInfernoF7
08-19-2012, 06:36 PM
Clipping happens in games. Especially open-world games. I can't think of a single open-world game without some kind of graphical issues, and this is fairly minor...

Yeah but AC is the worst. ;P
I mean, in ACR, like every "BladeToTheHead" kill I got, it was my arm instead of my blade that went through the enemy.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 06:37 PM
I totally agree. It's horrible! I hope they fixed it in the final version :P
I hope so ..

BBALive
08-19-2012, 06:38 PM
The issues where they clip through the floor should be fixed, and was likely due to the new uneven terrain feature.

Clipping is hard to avoid, sometimes you just have to deal with it. The major bugs will most likely be fixed, but it will probably occur in some way or another.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 06:39 PM

Yes It's in every game but Ac is really the worst at clipping,,, I didn't event post all the pics ,, there is a lot more but I didn't post them for they're too many

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 06:52 PM
Yeah but AC is the worst. ;P
I mean, in ACR, like every "BladeToTheHead" kill I got, it was my arm instead of my blade that went through the enemy.
This ,,, Revelations had so many clipping and bugs and AC3 looks to have more ,,, But I hope not...

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 06:57 PM
The issues where they clip through the floor should be fixed, and was likely due to the new uneven terrain feature.

Clipping is hard to avoid, sometimes you just have to deal with it. The major bugs will most likely be fixed, but it will probably occur in some way or another.

I agree about the floor clipping ,, It's since AC1 :S ,,, I know clipping is hard to avoid and if they didn't fix it I'll just have to deal with it but at least they should fix somethings

Slayer_WTF
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Unfortunately it is a fault of many games. The graphics engines have a limit, and not all objects have enhanced physics. To do such a thing (applied to all elements of the game) should have a lot of RAM and DX11.

lukaszep
08-19-2012, 07:18 PM
They are showing an early, unfinished version of the game, these issues might be fixed by its release.
I think your argument is quite invalid when it comes to the snow. The rope dart, is clearly not going through the tree, but through the snow which it would because of the weight on it. The guy with his feet in the snow? That isn't clipping, the snow is just covering his feet.
Otherwise you have pointed out clear clipping issues, but maybe you're only noticing because they're in trailers, and closer up to the textures and objects in the game than you will be when actually playing it. If these small issues aren't fixed and are still painfully obvious to you when you it is released, then I think you need to calm down and not pick out every tiny error in the game, relax and just enjoy the game play and story.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 07:35 PM
They are showing an early, unfinished version of the game, these issues might be fixed by its release.
I think your argument is quite invalid when it comes to the snow. The rope dart, is clearly not going through the tree, but through the snow which it would because of the weight on it. The guy with his feet in the snow? That isn't clipping, the snow is just covering his feet.
Otherwise you have pointed out clear clipping issues, but maybe you're only noticing because they're in trailers, and closer up to the textures and objects in the game than you will be when actually playing it. If these small issues aren't fixed and are still painfully obvious to you when you it is released, then I think you need to calm down and not pick out every tiny error in the game, relax and just enjoy the game play and story.

This.

dex3108BL
08-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Well Alex said on ComicCon panel that PC version will use DX11 features so maybe PC version will have less clipping problems :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9MQ1Z6QSME&feature=player_detailpage#t=2155s

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 08:13 PM
I hope it's fixed ,, and actually the rope dart goes through the tree (watch the Boston demo ) and The snow isn't deep at all to cover all his feet ,, just sayin ,, I'm not angry at all actually and I'm completely calm but I just want to see the game at it's best ;) ... I'm just trying to make my voice reach to ubisoft to try to fix this problem if it's not fixed already ,, And even if it's not fixed ,, like you said I'll enjoy the gameplay and the story :D

BBALive
08-19-2012, 08:42 PM
DX11 doesn't fix clipping.

masterfenix2009
08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
This isn't a very important thing to me. Out of the of the pictures you showed, I only noticed two with clipping issues. You should try and look at the whole game more. When I play the game, I look at the body. I don't pay attention to whether or not the player's foot is in the floor :P

pacmanate
08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
AC games do have bad clipping. What gets me is that the main character, the assassin, has a lot of really noticeable clipping problems! Especially the bottom of robes, where when running, the feet go straight through. I hope these are fixed, however I doubt it.

SixKeys
08-19-2012, 09:44 PM
The only time clipping bothers me is in close-up animations or on the main character's clothing. The rest is just nitpicking.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 09:48 PM
AC games do have bad clipping. What gets me is that the main character, the assassin, has a lot of really noticeable clipping problems! Especially the bottom of robes, where when running, the feet go straight through. I hope these are fixed, however I doubt it.
Yea ,, It is very annoying I hope they fix it

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 09:53 PM
This isn't a very important thing to me. Out of the of the pictures you showed, I only noticed two with clipping issues. You should try and look at the whole game more. When I play the game, I look at the body. I don't pay attention to whether or not the player's foot is in the floor :P

Actually There is a lot of pics that I didn't show ,, but I just wanted to point to a certain problem that annoys me :P I just want to see the game at it's best .. I hope they fix that problem ,, but still If they didn't fix it that won't stop me from playing it 24/7 :P

AssassinVenice
08-19-2012, 09:56 PM
Can't they just turn on collision for the terrain parts that you clip through?

Also, to prevent cloth clipping you have to increase the number of triangles of the cloth itself (check Mafia 2 PhysX ON vs OFF.)

As for the snow clipping, there's no need to activate collision with the snow since when you step on snow, it just compresses and makes you "fall through."

Not a big issue for me. I'd rather have the framerate fixed, for now.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-19-2012, 10:22 PM
The only time clipping bothers me is in close-up animations or on the main character's clothing. The rest is just nitpicking.

yes in the first memory in revelations when you re-live it again Ezio has the hookblade ,, it comes out from his hand O_o

Assassin_M
08-19-2012, 10:45 PM
I hate to be this Guy, but..

Most of what you see will not be fixed in the final Version, clipping is not something you can "turn off" so to speak. EVERY Open-world game suffers from Collision Issues and these are not about to get fixed anytime soon. It was fairly straight forward in 2-D graphics, but now, well we can only see perfect Collision detection in Non-Open World Games..

And, again I love it that some people here think that Clipping is only present in AC games... So cute..

hoganshero
08-19-2012, 10:59 PM
If you want the clipping completely gone then they might have that version of the game done in oh... 2-3 more years after they completely reprogram all clothes and snow and everything that could ever possibly clip. if clipping is the only thing that's hanging you up then i'd say they are doing a fine job on the game.

De Filosoof
08-19-2012, 11:17 PM

Most of what you see will not be fixed in the final Version, clipping is not something you can "turn off" so to speak. EVERY Open-world game suffers from Collision Issues and these are not about to get fixed anytime soon. It was fairly straight forward in 2-D graphics, but now, well we can only see perfect Collision detection in Non-Open World Games..

And, again I love it that some people here think that Clipping is only present in AC games... So cute..

Batman arkham asylum/arkham city cape.

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Batman arkham asylum/arkham city cape.

They had an entire team of programmers working on the **** Batman cape. If you do a Batman game, you've got to get the friggin' cape right. But don't pretend the Arkham games were free of clipping... Sometimes entire bodies would clip into each other when they fell unconscious the ground.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-20-2012, 01:56 AM

Well of course not ,,, Clipping is present in every game,,, It's just that AC games have a lot of clipping that's all ya sa7be ;) ...

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:07 AM
Clipping is not as easy to get rid of as some people think, and graphical issues are still being tightened up at this point.

Blind2Society
08-20-2012, 05:13 AM
The AC series is, by far, the worst when it comes to clipping.

Assassin_M
08-20-2012, 05:14 AM
Well of course not ,,, Clipping is present in every game,,, It's just that AC games have a lot of clipping that's all ya sa7be ;) ...
Well ya sadiki its because of the Clothing in AC, the nature of the combat and the Uneven surface ;)

Other Open Games, rarely have close quarters combat, do not have the type of clothing of AC and most of the time have the right angle surface..

DavisP92
08-20-2012, 05:47 AM
I really don't like seeing the clipping but what i really think sucks is seeing clipping on the main assassin. Like how Ezio would always clip through his robes when he's walking. It's his left foot that clips through the bottom of the robes.

I noticed how the bow's string goes through Connor's body which is really ugly. At least there shouldn't be any clipping on the main character with any of his weapons or clothing.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 06:23 AM
Clipping is not as easy to get rid of as some people think, and graphical issues are still being tightened up at this point.

This.

As for the snow clipping, there's no need to activate collision with the snow since when you step on snow, it just compresses and makes you "fall through."

It still kind of feels like clipping, because too me the clipping into the snow doesn't look realistic enough to make it look like connor is falling into it.

yes in the first memory in revelations when you re-live it again Ezio has the hookblade ,, it comes out from his hand O_o

Really? I have to check that out!

This.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Ezio would always clip through his robes when he's walking. It's his left foot that clips through the bottom of the robes.

I noticed that too, but It didn't bother me much because... we'll, too busy trying to kill people y'know? xD

Blind2Society
08-20-2012, 06:48 AM
While we're on the subject of ugly, look at the texture on the stock of that musket.

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:18 AM
While we're on the subject of ugly, look at the texture on the stock of that musket.
lol yeah, I guess it does kind of look a bit ugly.

Off-topic: Btw, you are from the capital wasteland? I didn't know they had AC games in the fallout universe xD

Blind2Society
08-20-2012, 07:22 AM
Internet is hard to come by here but the Aliens hooked me up ; )

Kit572
08-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Internet is hard to come by here but the Aliens hooked me up ; )

Nice haha. Mothership Zeta?

deskp
08-20-2012, 09:43 AM
AC got mroe clipping than other games because it does more stuff that makes clipping happen. Gotta take the bad with the good.

For example desmond doesnt have any clipping issues with his costume cause it doesent have flappy parts.

GLHS
08-20-2012, 11:39 AM

This. It's gonna happen regardless of the game, so I never let it bother me too much unless it's on the main character or happening extremely obviously or all the time. People going through walls and other people/objects isn't bad clipping, it's a collision error that just wasn't caught by QA.

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Well just to be obvious because some people misunderstand me ,,, Clipping is an annoying problem yea ,, but I can deal with it easily ,, it's just that I'm a big fan of AC and would like to see it at it's best !
And maybe clipping won't be fixed and this won't stop from playing the shi*t out of this game :D ...And people who are talking about textures ? Well according to Mr_ shade

''
Ok official statement time..

The trailer is not of the final version - the game is still a 'work in progress' so any graphical errors are most likely due to being early code..''
with leaving that there Textures will be fixed in the final game

Mr_Shade
08-20-2012, 01:05 PM
Indeed...

So lets not all start screaming ;)

I will point out that clipping does happen in alot of games - the team do try their best to avoid it, however sometimes it's unavoidable.

GLHS
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
Well just to be obvious because some people misunderstand me ,,, Clipping is an annoying problem yea ,, but I can deal with it easily ,, it's just that I'm a big fan of AC and would like to see it at it's best !

Ya know....you keep saying that. I think we all believe you. But just b/c a game has clipping, whether it be a lot or a little, doesn't mean it's not at its best. That's great that you're willing to over look these trivial things and play the game to death like the rest of us, but I will go on record and guarantee you that there will be clipping in this game. And guess what? It'll still be at its best. Know why? Cuz it's AC. If you hold it at high regard, it shouldn't matter whether it has clipping or any other graphical issues. We all love and want the same for the series.

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:26 PM
When you hear that a game is an open world game with lots of cloaks and coats and robes and weapons, you should immediately expect clipping. Not a single game ever has ever not had clipping on some level, and a game with so broad a scope invariably has it. but really, you won't notice it that much, expecially when you're not just pausing screenshots. In the demo I didn't notice it at all.