PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood - Is 100% synchronisation absolutely necessary?

Barneyboy69
08-19-2012, 02:03 PM
I am working through AC Brotherhood having completed AC1 and AC2.

I must admit, although it is a massive game and there is lots to do, the story seems to digress quite a lot and I quite often end up "wandering about" wondering what the hell to do next!

I can'y quite make my mind up about the War Machines memories - they seem to be a bit arcade gameish to my liking compared to the content in the previous installments and it sort of spoils it a little - I don't know what everyone else feels.

I am also a bit disappointed in the way the some of the memories need to be achieved regarding synchronisation.

For instance the closing of the gates bit at the Mercenary's HQ whilst attempting to fight the maruading Frenchies. For full synch you have to avoid getting injured. How the hell do you avoid taking hits?

There are quite a few of these memories, and I know you can reply them later and I suppose if I waited untill I got Brutus' Armour I might stand a chance with the example above, but is all this synchronisation necessary for the satisfactory completion of the game?

Do I need to keep going over all of this until I get 100%?

What are the consequences of not achieving full sych?

What are the benefits of actually achieving full synch, (and possible breaking my controller in the process!)?

Answers on a postcard please!

MT4K
08-19-2012, 02:44 PM
100% isn't needed to complete the game so just go back to that when you feel like it :p.

As for not taking a hit while closing the gates. I use smoke bombs myself to keep them coughing while i close the gates :D.

tetrisrap
08-19-2012, 06:02 PM
como lo puedo jugar online ??

AntiChrist7
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
english mate

as for the gate mission: smoke bombs and assassin recruits

RobertHacke2010
02-08-2013, 05:49 PM
I am working through AC Brotherhood having completed AC1 and AC2.

I must admit, although it is a massive game and there is lots to do, the story seems to digress quite a lot and I quite often end up "wandering about" wondering what the hell to do next!

I can'y quite make my mind up about the War Machines memories - they seem to be a bit arcade gameish to my liking compared to the content in the previous installments and it sort of spoils it a little - I don't know what everyone else feels.

I am also a bit disappointed in the way the some of the memories need to be achieved regarding synchronisation.

For instance the closing of the gates bit at the Mercenary's HQ whilst attempting to fight the maruading Frenchies. For full synch you have to avoid getting injured. How the hell do you avoid taking hits?

There are quite a few of these memories, and I know you can reply them later and I suppose if I waited untill I got Brutus' Armour I might stand a chance with the example above, but is all this synchronisation necessary for the satisfactory completion of the game?

Do I need to keep going over all of this until I get 100%?

What are the consequences of not achieving full sych?

What are the benefits of actually achieving full synch, (and possible breaking my controller in the process!)?

Answers on a postcard please!
I agree 100%...also gamers want to move on to a quick and hopefully sucessful conclusion..so we can move on to ubisofts next ac installments..Im ubie game junkie. ty

Carmiel
02-09-2013, 07:02 AM
The no hits mission is pretty easy once you figure out how to counter and use kill streaks you should be able to take out several guys at a time in one blow, I did that on my first try. With the war machine missions, I personally suggest doing them all as soon as possible because you then get a parachute which comes in handy for air assassinating people out of reach from rooftops which is very helpful in brotherhood since it is littered with open fields. I personally never strived for full synchronization just because it's too frustrating. The requirements are often times unforgiving and so are the checkpoints. (infiltrating the Vatican, getting detected halfway through and having to do it all over, and you have to do it twice throughout the **** story!) And a lot of war machine missions like the tank one are virtually impossible as well. Not to say that they are undoable but the checkpoints are so bad it will begin to feel really repetitive and frustrating If you do ever get full synchronization, I will worship your greatness, because that takes some serious balls.

Barneyboy69
02-09-2013, 02:47 PM
The no hits mission is pretty easy once you figure out how to counter and use kill streaks you should be able to take out several guys at a time in one blow, I did that on my first try. With the war machine missions, I personally suggest doing them all as soon as possible because you then get a parachute which comes in handy for air assassinating people out of reach from rooftops which is very helpful in brotherhood since it is littered with open fields. I personally never strived for full synchronization just because it's too frustrating. The requirements are often times unforgiving and so are the checkpoints. (infiltrating the Vatican, getting detected halfway through and having to do it all over, and you have to do it twice throughout the **** story!) And a lot of war machine missions like the tank one are virtually impossible as well. Not to say that they are undoable but the checkpoints are so bad it will begin to feel really repetitive and frustrating If you do ever get full synchronization, I will worship your greatness, because that takes some serious balls.

Hi,

I must have posted my thread months ago - have you started playing this again or something?

I have actually achieved full 100% synch in this game now. I have not bothered with the Multiplayer section so I haven't gained any trophies in that respect so I am not 100% completeion there but what the hell!

There is a programming glitch anyway that prevented me from attaining the Subject 16 trophy an also although having completed and fulfilled the requirements in Sequence 7, no trophy was forthcoming there either. I had all sorts of suggestions and recommendations from starting the game from scratch again to going in and deleting/manipulating the game data on my PS3. I didn't bother in the end - I just went straight to Revelations which I have also completed.

I decided to have a rest from the AC series, (I have AC3 waiting in the wings), so I went and played Batman Arkham Asylum for the first time. I have also just completed Captain America which isn'y a fantastic game by the standards of AC or Batman AA or AC - still you have to try these things.

comicexpress
02-10-2013, 03:59 AM
100% isn't needed to complete the game so just go back to that when you feel like it :p.

As for not taking a hit while closing the gates. I use smoke bombs myself to keep them coughing while i close the gates :D.

Never thought of that ... but what do you do when you run out of smoke bombs??

MT4K
02-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Never thought of that ... but what do you do when you run out of smoke bombs??

Never was a problem for me. I think there was like 3 gates and only needed 1 smoke bomb per gate. :p. IF you have recruits you can call them as well to distract the enemy even more.

comicexpress
02-10-2013, 06:22 PM
Never was a problem for me. I think there was like 3 gates and only needed 1 smoke bomb per gate. :p. IF you have recruits you can call them as well to distract the enemy even more.
Groovy ... I will have to go back later and try that. Then I think I just have the rest of the Borgia flags to collect and I will have all the trophies.