PDA

View Full Version : Assassins Greed 2 Cloud sync for Save Data Fails

PeHo2
08-19-2012, 12:25 PM
How I can keep my save data at my own computer so I don't need to replay next day all already played tasks again?
And if those save files are at my computer already so where those are?

I have not had this sort of issue with Assasins Greed (1) Brotherhood. I think Ubisoft has made big programming error by making save files only to be saved in Cloud server cause I don't find more than ini file and installation folders (where is not saved data) on my computer. Ini file has no data or info about saved files. Uplay settings I have unmarked "Enable Cloud Save Synchronization for supported games" and "Allways start Uplay in Offline Mode". These options does not help me in way or another.

Every time when I play to memory section 13 and close game and start next day it gives me saved data from 1-2 week old to start section 3 (almost begin). Then I close Uplay and restart game, it gives me load file from 2-3 days old and memory section 10 or something. :mad: This makes me think that Ubisoft has really failed with this game. :mad:

Any help from here?

MT4K
08-19-2012, 01:26 PM
When UPlay starts. At the top right there should be a gear like icon.
Inside settings should be a "enable cloud sync for supported games"
Un-tick the box and then close and restart UPlay.

It should stop the saved games reverting. - Saved games should be stored in your ubisoft game launcher folder.

PeHo2
08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Thanks.
Other forums has wrong path to the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder. Had to search this. Windows 7 path:
%programfiles(x86)%\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[game-UID]
This is when Game Launcher has been installed with default options.

MT4K
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Thanks.
Other forums has wrong path to the Ubisoft Game Launcher folder. Had to search this. Windows 7 path:
%programfiles(x86)%\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\[game-UID]
This is when Game Launcher has been installed with default options.

Well i believe they used to be saved in C:\Users\username\AppData\Local\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegame_storage until a recent update to UPlay changed it to the basic ubisoft game launcher folder which is why you probably found different paths listed elsewhere :p. Correct path nowadays though is C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames which you say you found so :).