PDA

View Full Version : AC3 Liberation 3DS

Suggester
08-19-2012, 04:07 AM
I think it would be a good Idea to also make AC3 Liberation for the 3DS seeing as it sold better than the vita and the 3DS has the same features as the vita plus AC3 is also going to be for the Wii U. So who agrees?

Suggester
08-19-2012, 04:07 AM
So yeah.

Suggester
08-19-2012, 04:09 AM
It is actually 11:08 where I am.

Assassin_M
08-19-2012, 04:09 AM
They`v already made a risk by making it for the Vita and making AC III for the WII U..

I`d say Ubi`s done good for both Sony and Nintendo..

EDIT: First day and already triple posting ? irrelevantly ? That is bad

MetalCreed
08-19-2012, 04:48 AM
Nope. The graphics/AC3 styled engine would not be able fit in the 3DS. 3DS can't handle it.
It just wouldn't come out as good as Liberation on the Vita, or AC3 on the consoles or PC.

Calvarok
08-19-2012, 06:13 AM
Yeah, they should really just whip up a port for the 3ds with three months to spare. That's a thing that's possible. /sarcasm

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-19-2012, 07:18 AM
Ummm No. 3ds cannot handle the game. The PsVita has a quadcore processor so it can handle almost everything.

Calvarok
08-19-2012, 07:33 AM
Ummm No. 3ds cannot handle the game. The PsVita has a quadcore processor so it can handle almost everything.
Do people really not understand what porting is? You don't just download the original game to another system. Every system is different and has different specifications. You have to optimize the game for it. Yes, the DS would probably require downgraded graphics, but it would also require reconfiguring to the control scheme, not to mention the various complex coding and testing processes which would be needed to adapt to the new architecture.

deskp
08-19-2012, 07:36 AM
Do people really not understand what porting is? You don't just download the original game to another system. Every system is different and has different specifications. You have to optimize the game for it. Yes, the DS would probably require downgraded graphics, but it would also require reconfiguring to the control scheme, not to mention the various complex coding and testing processes which would be needed to adapt to the new architecture.

And you end up with a different game with the same name...

eagleforlife1
08-19-2012, 07:38 AM

I don't understand what porting is...nor am I bothered...

Kit572
08-19-2012, 09:59 AM
I don't understand what porting is...nor am I bothered...

Porting, is when you like... how can I put this... Lets say you wanted to make an xbox game available for the playstation, you "port it" which means: converting it or making it available on another console.

Thing is, you have to change the controls and graphics to fit the console your porting it on so its playable, thats part of the porting process..

Thats the best way I could explain porting...

Locopells
08-19-2012, 10:02 AM
I'm just going through Lost Legacy envy all over again. And there was me think that ACR had fixed that problem...

Suggester
08-19-2012, 04:33 PM
3DS-17 million units sold
Vita- 1.8 million units sold

RatonhnhakeFan
08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
3DS is not powerful enough to handle Liberation, they would have to downgrade it a lot

Suggester
08-19-2012, 05:07 PM
Take a look at the 3DS and then the Vita.

notafanboy
08-19-2012, 05:11 PM

i did... whats your point ?

Umbra_Blade
08-19-2012, 05:21 PM

Yeah and I saw that the vita has a far greater processing power than the 3ds, not just on graphics but i don't think the Anvil next engine would be able to run on 3ds at all. Plus sony has probably paid ubi for exclusivity, otherwise Liberation would also probably be on the ps3 or 360. Also there is just over 2 months away from it's release, that is no were near enough time to make a solid port to 3ds.

Suggester
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM
What about the people that have a 3DS, like assassins creed, and don't have a Vita? Plus I have a friend who has the Vita and it isn't that great.
Am I seriously alone?

Suggester
08-19-2012, 05:55 PM
3DS not DS (Calvorak)

Serrachio
08-19-2012, 06:04 PM
What about the people that have a 3DS, like assassins creed, and don't have a Vita? Plus I have a friend who has the Vita and it isn't that great.
Am I seriously alone?

"I want Liberation on the 3DS because I don't have a Vita! Waahhh!"

Too bad. Buy a Vita or don't play Liberation.

And stop multiple posting. You can edit posts.

Will_Lucky
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
In terms of power the Vita just blows the 3DS out of the sky, in general its around 3-4 times faster and thats without factoring the 3D performance hit in. The Vita can run Anvil Next, I doubt the 3DS can even run the Anvil engine. And finally it has two analogue sticks, the Vita in general just has too many advantages for a AC game over the 3DS.

An AC game was announced for the 3DS but was turned into the console Revelations instead soon after.

SteelCity999
08-19-2012, 07:45 PM
While they are makng a port to the 3DS, maybe they can whip one up for my dusty PS1....:confused:

AC has no business being on anything that can't keep the basics of the franchise intact. I've played the Nintendo versions and they are just plain bad. Bloodlines at least kept some of what AC is about but but the PSP couldn't handle it either. Wy would the 3DS be any different?

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-19-2012, 11:53 PM
not only that, did you see the AC on DS? it was crap.

Suggester
08-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Yeah but:
You probably haven't even played the 3DS and I like it.
The performance is great and runs better than DS.
Also you can buy a second circle pad for the 3DS.
The 3DS costs less.

Although I will say I like Sony.

Suggester
08-20-2012, 05:21 PM
Also not everyone is a rich a-hole like the guy who said (you need to buy a vita or too bad).

Will_Lucky
08-20-2012, 05:24 PM
Yeah but:
You probably haven't even played the 3DS and I like it.
The performance is great and runs better than DS.
Also you can buy a second circle pad for the 3DS.
The 3DS costs less.

Although I will say I like Sony.

I have, the migraine that resulted from 5 minutes of 3D gameplay put me in bed for a couple of days. Lesson learned, never touching another one.
And? Who cares about the 3DS compared to DS if it ran worse then they'd be something to say about it.
Yes but Nintendo won't allow the second circle pad to be mandatory for one game out of fear of splitting the Userbase.
And cost has nothing to do with it, its still being sold for a loss to make up for the poor sales it had initially. And even then that was an over-reaction because there was a lack of games at the time.

BeCk41
08-20-2012, 05:31 PM
I wish Liberation wasn't just exclusive for the Vita, it should have been released on other platforms like 3DS or PC. But Sony really wants people to buy their BRAN NEW VITA, and with this game they hope to bring in some consumers... I mean customers... I mean, psh whatever. =P

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:33 PM
3DS not DS (Calvorak)

I know. It's still a DS, and you know which one I'm talking about, so why do we need to specify?

Calvarok
08-20-2012, 05:34 PM
And you end up with a different game with the same name...
... yeah, and?

Suggester
08-20-2012, 10:08 PM
Thank you Beckwrecks

And everyone I know who has a 3DS (and that is a lot of people) have never complained about the 3DS so Will-Lucky is just unlucky and probably hasn't played a 3DS.

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
Ok, so just because you as one person cant efford a vita because your too lazy assed to find a job and mooch off your parents for everything you own, They should change all of their plans and release a game on a system that is proven to effect eyesight and cause migraines (I'm guessing you've never had one? You lose eyesight, Start puking your guts out and then start to lose motor skills. It is one of the most scary things that can happen to you that doesnt have permanent effects) And also Cant even handle the Engine for AC1.

Will_Lucky
08-21-2012, 12:14 AM
Thank you Beckwrecks

And everyone I know who has a 3DS (and that is a lot of people) have never complained about the 3DS so Will-Lucky is just unlucky and probably hasn't played a 3DS.

Now that was uncalled for, I played on Super Mario 3D Land I don't normally have problems with 3D but that was painful.

Will Ubisoft make a AC game for the 3DS in the future? They might they might not, they did start production on one but decided it was better off on the main consoles. They simply can't put Liberation on the 3DS because it doesn't have the processing power, they could make another game but it would be on another engine to cope with the platform.

Suggester
08-21-2012, 02:11 AM
First of all I own a 3DS and I know a bunch of people who don't recommend the Vita, but I am saying this because me and a whole bunch of other people really think the Vita isn't worth it and how do you know if I am even old enough to get a job. Also I didn't mean to offend Will-Lucky.

But what I meant to say was if the 3DS had the processing power would anyone get it on 3DS?

Umbra_Blade
08-21-2012, 02:24 AM
I think it might be time for you to face the music mate. Ubisoft is making Liberation exclusively for Vita because sony has paid them for exclusivity. Sony wants to have exclusive big brand IPs so they can sell units, Sony don't want a directly competing product to get hold of titles that can risk the loss of their own potential unit sales, so you can bet your bottom dollar Sony will pay through the nose to keep it exclusive to Vita. And even if you ignore the fact that the decision makers at Ubi will nearly always take the big fat pay check instead of reaching out to other platforms, the 3DS is simply incapable of handling the game engine, meaning it is UNPLAYABLE on the 3DS, without doing some serious remodelling, at which point the ports won't even look slightly similar to each other. This doesn't mean the the 3DS will be left in the dark with the AC franchise. Someday the 3ds will likely get its own assassin's creed title, just be patient and it'll come;)

Alpha_SOLDIER_X
08-21-2012, 02:39 AM
I'm not old enough to get a full blown job and I'm paying through the nose to afford one because I think it's worth it. I'm also buying AC3 Limited Edition by myself because I think ubisoft deserves my support.

Serrachio
08-21-2012, 02:51 AM
Also not everyone is a rich a-hole like the guy who said (you need to buy a vita or too bad).

I'm not a rich a-hole, I don't even have a Vita or a 3DS. I just know that the difference in quality between the two won't allow for a port of Liberation to 3DS, without ruining the experience.

Mr_Shade
08-21-2012, 11:23 AM
Lets stop the in fighting guys..

Fact of the matter is, certain consoles are capable of realising the vision of the team - others maybe not.

The game has only been announced on the PS Vita, so that is currently the only portable version available - so lets not start console wars.

Suggester
08-21-2012, 04:46 PM
I wasn't meaning to fight I just wanted to know: If you could get AC3 Liberation on 3DS would you?

NeroInfernoF7
08-21-2012, 04:49 PM
It's only being released to the PS Vita.

http://assets0.ordienetworks.com/images/GifGuide/DealWithIt/tumblr_lh6sayYpIJ1qzaxefo1_400.gif

Suggester
08-21-2012, 06:10 PM
I'm not asking for it to be released for the 3DS I am just asking who would get it on 3DS. Why does no one get it? OMFG!

Mr_Shade
08-21-2012, 06:35 PM
maybe due to most people not having a 3DS..

Umbra_Blade
08-21-2012, 06:37 PM
I'm not asking for it to be released for the 3DS I am just asking who would get it on 3DS. Why does no one get it? OMFG!

Forgetting about the Specs of the engine,etc. I would still prefer to play it on PS Vita still, as the control layout on the vita seems much more suited to an AC experience than the 3DS, as when moving around the game map and fighting, having a second analog stick is always useful, plus the touch screen on the 3DS will most likely be used up by menu's instead of the actual game, while the game runs on the top screen (so you need to keep your eyes on both screens at once when in combat, which would be slightly irritating IMO), whereas the vita you have all the action taking place on one big screen, with a rear touch pad to allow touch controls without blocking your view.
And I'm not bias as I like Nintendo and Sony equally, and I own neither of the handhelds. but just from what I have experienced from either console at store demos, I would prefer the game on vita, regardless of it's blatant processing prowess to the 3DS.

Suggester
08-21-2012, 09:59 PM
1. To Mr. Shade more 17 million 3DS units were bought and 1.8 Vita units were bought.

2. At least Umbra blade gets my question.

notafanboy
08-21-2012, 10:06 PM
1. To Mr. Shade more 17 million 3DS units were bought and 1.8 Vita units were bought.

who cares about the f-ing sales ?, the 3ds can´t handle AC3:L. Why´s that so hard to understand ?, it is like talking to a vegetable

SteelCity999
08-21-2012, 10:13 PM

Decisions have to be made and these decisions were made well in advance of launch of either of the two systems. I am no programmer but I seriously doubt that its just a matter of porting to a 3DS....it a whole other development cycle. Plus, if my math is correct, Nintendo had two previous exclusive titles whereas Sony had one. So now they are even. Nintendo needs to come out with a portable system that can keep up with my phone, first, before they get any other exclusives. Although, I have to say Gameloft's efforts have been equally as bad as the Nintendo exclusives. If Vita can get the cross-buy program working, I think sales will improve....not to mention they have alot better titles coming out. It has more potentail than the 3DS ever will...they just need to figure out how to market it, use all of it and drop the memory card prices.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 10:29 PM
3DS can neither handle AC III nor ACL.. Live with it.

/Thread

Suggester
08-21-2012, 11:06 PM
1.Notafanboy: Read Mr.Shades comment.

2.Assassin M still doesn't get the question.

Assassin_M
08-21-2012, 11:35 PM
1.Notafanboy: Read Mr.Shades comment.

2.Assassin M still doesn't get the question.
Alright what is it ? What ? Why wait until I reply to correct me ? Why didn't you just post it and clear the Misunderstanding ? ENLIGHTEN ME, MATE !!

Suggester
08-22-2012, 02:02 AM
Don't be a **** and would you play AC3 Liberation on 3DS if you could?

Assassin_M
08-22-2012, 02:04 AM
Don't be a **** and would you play AC3 Liberation on 3DS if you could?
Im not 4 Asterisks, I take offense to that..

I`d play it on my Microwave If I could, BUT do you mean that if it was released for the 3DS and Vita ?

Suggester
08-22-2012, 03:27 AM
yes

TaleraRis
08-22-2012, 07:08 AM
I have a 3DS. I have yet to get a single migraine from it or even get more eyestrain than the usual brought on by a long gaming session.

I'd like the game on 3DS, but I both don't think it's feasible and it's fairly obvious that for either money or personal preference, Ubisoft caters to Sony. They gave the PS3 the exclusive Copernicus content, they're giving it exclusive content with III and they're bringing a game out exclusively on a Sony platform. There's no hope for cross-platform support until that changes.

LightRey
08-22-2012, 11:40 AM
The problem with going cross-platform will always be things like general degeneration of quality or degeneration of quality for specific platforms. Especially with the huge differences between Nintendo and its main competitors, it can often add a significant load of work just making all those different versions of the same game.

Mr_Shade
08-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Lets keep it civil guys..

I can see some are taking it a little personally...

IF the game was released on 3DS - I think most people on these forums would play it - assuming they have a 3DS - and wanted to play the same game again..

I say again, since everyone will be buying the game asap it releases on the bigger consoles /pc ;)

arkangelyou
08-22-2012, 01:30 PM
I bought a 3DS a couple months after it's release, expecting another great Ninty handheld. I was wrong.
For the first time ever I regret buying a Nintendo console. There are only around 5 decent games released for the 3DS, and all of them are Zelda and Mario titles. (And the Zelda title is an N64 port)
The last time I opened my 3DS was for Kid Icarus back in March which was really a letdown.
Plus I wasn't even impressed with 3D Land, after playing Galaxy 1 & 2, 3D Land seemed like a step backward :(
Right now the only reason I have a 3DS is for the inevitable Pokemon and (Non-port)Zelda titles, which will probably take while to come out.
Even the Wii U doesn't seem very exciting. IMO the only things keeping Ninty alive are their excellent 1st part software. The hardware itself is crap.

So no, I would rather buy ACL on a Vita(If I had one), not the 3DS.

PS. Out of those 17 million pieces sold, 6 million have been bought for 8 year olds, 5million have only been used for 1st party titles, and 5 million have been collecting dust for about 6 months. Only a very small section of the 3DS community still uses their 3DS regularly

Suggester
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
I'm guessing you made those stats up because I know a lot of people who use their 3DS regularly.

Assassin_M
08-23-2012, 09:43 PM
I'm guessing you made those stats up because I know a lot of people who use their 3DS regularly.
Just drop that Attitude, K ? No one likes it..

You`re jumping on everyone who`s against the 3DS, if He/she is lying, point it out in a nicer way, because if he/she is telling the truth, boy will you look bad..

I`d buy the Game on Vita if it was to be released on both, simply because the Vita has so much more to offer in terms of Hardware and because I know that the 3DS version will not give you the same experience as the Vita..

and No, do not try to convince me otherwise..

Suggester
08-24-2012, 02:24 AM
I am sorry but what attitude am I having because all I am saying is what I think and I won't try to convince you other wise because I am not a **** and I respect your opinion.

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 02:30 AM
I am sorry but what attitude am I having because all I am saying is what I think and I won't try to convince you other wise because I am not a **** and I respect your opinion.
No, you said what you think AND when people disagreed or presented a different view, you called them "breckwits" and "rich A-holes" and tried to convince them that the 3DS is better then the Vita, HOW ON EARTH ?? do you actually believe that ?

Yeah... that Attitude..

Suggester
08-24-2012, 02:32 AM
did you see their attitudes

and breckwits is someones user name and i was saying thank you when he/she agreed with me

Assassin_M
08-24-2012, 02:37 AM
and breckwits is someones user name and i was saying thank you when he/she agreed with me
It is ? xD Woops sorry about that.. truly I apologize..

But you you still called someone an "rich A-hole" nonetheless..

Suggester
08-24-2012, 02:45 AM
i will admit i was a little angry at what he said to me but it was justified

P.S. Not done yet.

Suggester
09-05-2012, 10:43 PM
Give me one reason not to put it in 3DS.

itsamea-mario
09-05-2012, 10:57 PM

3DS is stupid and cannot support it.

Suggester
09-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I have one and it isn't stupid. Just play Kingdom Hearts 3D and you will know epicness vs. stupidity. Also besides not supporting it.

itsamea-mario
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I have one and it isn't stupid. Just play Kingdom Hearts 3D and you will know epicness vs. stupidity. Also besides not supporting it.

Kingdom of hearts isn't a game, it's a joke, nintendo don't make game consoles, they make silly little kiddies toys.

Saying 3DS can support AC liberation just because it can support Kingdom hearts is stupid.

notafanboy
09-05-2012, 11:35 PM

um... are you... you know... slow ?

jmk1999
09-06-2012, 12:48 AM
if this continues to be a console war discussion or a means for trolling and/or insulting (this goes for anyone), the topic will be closed. please stop it.

Umbra_Blade
09-06-2012, 01:27 AM
The fact is, it is not coming to 3DS. No matter how much you may or may not want it to, it is up to Ubisoft to decide, making a thread or a poll to persuade them will make no difference to that outcome. The 3ds will get an AC game eventually, but it will not be this one. Sorry, but that is the truth.

Suggester
09-06-2012, 10:02 PM
1st- Mario, I meant for the 3DS not the game.

2nd- I meant besides supporting and time. Thanks for not saying that I am ******ed automatically because most people are ****s and just assume that I am. No though.

ProletariatPleb
09-06-2012, 10:17 PM
The game is not coming to 3DS.

http://i.imgur.com/20zQ9.gif

playassassins1
09-06-2012, 10:31 PM
Well, the 3ds isn't capable of doing it.

http://gyazo.com/ed8ded143bb5532029e33989bf2acd83.png?1346966003

MT4K
09-06-2012, 10:34 PM
I really don't know what more we can get from this thread... I think it's safe to say it has run its course....

PS: rofl at using my cat :p.