PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else getting the WiiU version?

Shaxy
08-18-2012, 08:19 AM
Or is it just me?

JoannaAthanase
08-18-2012, 08:54 AM
So what for? You ?

Aphex_Tim
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Or is it just me?

The WiiU doesn't interest me as much yet. Not nearly as much as the original Wii when it was announced.
When it gets a better line up i might just buy one with AC3 on it.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM
I'm tempted - just so I can see what the do is with the new controls :)

I will have to pester the office ;)

I should be getting some hands on time with the WiiU soon.. so if there is a alpha demo of ACIII - I'll see if I can post my thoughts ;)

playassassins1
08-18-2012, 01:05 PM
I don't think so. Since I'm doubting the Wii U... And I already pre-ordered the game for PS3, so I'm most likely not getting the Wii U version

It looks cool, not that different from every other version though. They just took advantage of the new controller/tablet thing.

But overall, I don't see a reason to get it, if I can buy the ps3 version

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
I don't think so. Since I'm doubting the Wii U... And I already pre-ordered the game for PS3, so I'm most likely not getting the Wii U version

It looks cool, not that different from every other version though. They just took advantage of the new controller/tablet thing.

But overall, I don't see a reason to get it, if I can buy the ps3 version

A lot of people who own the Wii - only have the Wii .. it's a big seller amongst those with younger children - mum and dad have a little play on Wii Sports / Wii fit - and they maybe have a handheld or two.. so for them the choice is easy :) - buy ACIII and see it in HD goodness! [but don't let the kids see it!] lol

If you are very lucky to have all 3 major consoles - Wii, Xbox and PS3, I think most do have a favourite.. [for me it's Xbox]

Ielgon
08-18-2012, 01:21 PM
The Wii U version doesn't really interest me because to me the controller seems like more of a hindrance for games like this and because I've already pre-ordered the freedom edition for my PS3. I am a huge Nintendo fan though (mostly because of Zelda being the series that really got me into gaming) so I will most likely end up getting one eventually. A lot of the really great games on Nintendo consoles have been made by Nintendo itself (Zelda, Metroid, Mario, and probably others I'm forgetting). I might compare the two versions when I do get one but since I've read Alex Hutchinson state all versions will be identical I doubt there will be a big difference aside from the controller being used to display menu's and a map.

Stroonzje
08-18-2012, 01:38 PM
Wii will never become a gaming system no matter how hard they try

MT4K
08-18-2012, 02:05 PM
Wii will never become a gaming system no matter how hard they try

It already is a gaming Console/System. Just because it doesn't tailor to the hardcore gamers doesn't mean it isn't one :p.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM
It already is a gaming Console/System. Just because it doesn't tailor to the hardcore gamers doesn't mean it isn't one :p.
Indeed..

It was never marketed as a 'hardcore gamer' one.. more for casual gamers - having said that - COD MW was good on it - but the graphics were not the best.. :)

The WiiU does now have the horsepower to run the games in HD and looking very nice now though.. it's the playerbase who need to embrace them - which maybe harder to do.. ;)

AnthonyA85
08-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Well, i admit the WiiU looks promising, and a good alternative to ps3/xbox, but i think i'll stick with the pc version, which i still have to pre-order

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 05:36 PM
I'm tempted - just so I can see what the do is with the new controls :)

I will have to pester the office ;)

I should be getting some hands on time with the WiiU soon.. so if there is a alpha demo of ACIII - I'll see if I can post my thoughts ;)

Apparently the Wii U version looks just like the Console versions. However there is a problem. And that is with Nintendos analogue sticks. They are not comfortable or as responsive as console controllers at ALL.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Apparently the Wii U version looks just like the Console versions. However there is a problem. And that is with Nintendos analogue sticks. They are not comfortable or as responsive as console controllers at ALL.
Have you played it then?

I'm supposed to have some hands on time soon with one :)

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 05:44 PM
Have you played it then?

I'm supposed to have some hands on time soon with one :)

Does it matter? I know the gamepad looks to have the same type of analog sticks as the nunchuck, and those aren't comfortable. If I was playing on the Wii U on AC3 I would play for at least 3 hours a session. By which time I know the sticks would really annoy me.

P.S You can invite me over to Ubisoft Secret Underground Gaming HQ to play it too if you like... :DDD

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 05:48 PM
Does it matter? I know the gamepad looks to have the same type of analog sticks as the nunchuck, and those aren't comfortable. If I was playing on the Wii U on AC3 I would play for at least 3 hours a session. By which time I know the sticks would really annoy me.

P.S You can invite me over to Ubisoft Secret Underground Gaming HQ to play it too if you like... :DDDI was wondering what you based the statement on - wondered if you had played on a final version, that's all :)

Nope sorry - it's for staff only - this time :)

I'm sure there will be some more hands on events - if you didn't manage to get to the Game demos or at eurogamer ;)

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 05:51 PM
I was wondering what you based the statement on - wondered if you had played on a final version, that's all :)

Nope sorry - it's for staff only - this time :)

I'm sure there will be some more hands on events - if you didn't manage to get to the Game demos or at eurogamer ;)

What I would like to know are two things. As I was saying about the analogue sticks I would like to know if they are comfortable for whatever period of time you get to play for. I would also like to know about the targeting, like analogue movement. For example the nunchuck has a hexagon around the analogue stick, restricting proper movement. I know the gamepad is circular around the analogue stick so I would like to know ;)

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 06:06 PM
I'll try and remember to check ;)

thekarlone
08-18-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm not interested in the WiiU. :/

Bucur92
08-18-2012, 08:15 PM
Well for me is the PC version(already got it preorder) i see no reason to get a WiiU or any other console.I may have to wait 3 weeks more but it is ok anyway much better than wait 5 months like AC2 and ACB.

Will_Lucky
08-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Nah, don't want to get another console until the 720/PS4. The Wii U I dunno I feel like this one really will fall flat on its face. I mean yes it has the hardware...for this generation not for the next one and I think considering many people did buy the original Wii and didn't use it very much (sales over the past two years have also dropped significantly) I don't think it will be that much of a success this time around. There is also the problem that EA have seemingly decided to drop support for the Wii U to an absolute minimum now.

And of course Sony and Microsoft have now matched the touchscreen with Smartglass and Cross-Play. I can't see the Wii U being successful once the 720/PS4 are unveiled.

insanerob
10-02-2012, 01:42 PM
I've got it pre-ordered for the Wii U :D ... Does anyone know if you can play the game on the GamePad screen ? It's a big clincher for me and is the main reason I'm getting a Wii U ; so I can play xbox / ps3 quality games anywhere in the house that I want, I'll no longer be tied to the TV :) I've noticed that some games don't seem to be supporting using the GamePad instead of a TV ... or at least they aren't advertising the fact which is a problem for me. If I don't find out if AC3 supports this feature I'll have to pop in GameStation and change my pre-order to something that does :(

rOb

FrankieSatt
10-02-2012, 01:48 PM
The Wii is a kids gaming system, not one for adults. If you have a family with kids, understandable for you to have one but if you are any kind of gamer you should have a REAL gaming system as welll.

Saying that, since I'm single and most likely will continue to be so and without kids a Wii system will never see the light of day in my house.

RatonhnhakeFan
10-02-2012, 01:56 PM
Don't plan on buying WiiU so PS3 version for my as usual

insanerob
10-02-2012, 02:12 PM
I agree, the Wii is a kids gaming system . The Wii was destined to be a kids system from day one with low specs and cute graphics on everything .. not to mention the games and their target audiences. The Wii U on the other hand, has the power and the input options to be whatever gamers want from it ... if it turns out people only want kids games then it'll be a kids system too, but for now the software companies are letting the gamers decide by giving us AC3 , Black Ops 2 etc. on the Wii U as well as kids stuff.... only time will tell :) From an objective point of view if you can play the same games on a Wii U with the same quality sound, graphics and the same style controllers as an xbox or PS3 then it's in the same category as them, there's no tangible difference.

Any news on whether AC3 will let you play on the gamePad screen without a TV ?

rOb

ACfan443
10-02-2012, 03:49 PM
It was marketed terribly. E.g. They had such a good opportunity to show it off the best way possible at E3, but that ultimately flopped. 'Wii Fit U' - need I say more?

I won't be getting AC3 on the Wii U, I have my trusted PS3 for that :)

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 04:21 PM
I agree, the Wii is a kids gaming system . The Wii was destined to be a kids system from day one with low specs and cute graphics on everything .. not to mention the games and their target audiences. The Wii U on the other hand, has the power and the input options to be whatever gamers want from it ... if it turns out people only want kids games then it'll be a kids system too, but for now the software companies are letting the gamers decide by giving us AC3 , Black Ops 2 etc. on the Wii U as well as kids stuff.... only time will tell :) From an objective point of view if you can play the same games on a Wii U with the same quality sound, graphics and the same style controllers as an xbox or PS3 then it's in the same category as them, there's no tangible difference.

Any news on whether AC3 will let you play on the gamePad screen without a TV ?

rOb

No news on the last at present. Somehow I doubt it. I don't think it would be possible with a game like AC, then again that is just my opinion.

Getting the game for Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U.

COME AT ME

insanerob
10-02-2012, 05:08 PM
Other AAA games are implementing playing on the gamepad screen without problems - Bl Ops 2 , Darksiders , MassEffect 3 etc.

Does anyone in-the-know ever look at or comment in these threads ? Otherwise I'll have to wait on tenterhooks until people get copies to review :S

I have too many lifestyle problems to play an in-depth game like AC3 on my XBOX or PS3 :)

pacmanate
10-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Other AAA games are implementing playing on the gamepad screen without problems - Bl Ops 2 , Darksiders , MassEffect 3 etc.

Does anyone in-the-know ever look at or comment in these threads ? Otherwise I'll have to wait on tenterhooks until people get copies to review :S

I have too many lifestyle problems to play an in-depth game like AC3 on my XBOX or PS3 :)

By in-the-know do you mean developers? Cause yes, they stalk these forums. Granted they don't read everything as they are probably drunk... ON HAPPINESS because AC3 has gone gold :D

SleezeRocker
10-02-2012, 05:37 PM
Not right now im playing on PS3. WiiU looks alright but so far there really is not any other ganme I can play already for PS3.

Maybe if my 1/2 bro gets a WiiU on christmas then maybe I'd get AC3 used or something...but unlikely not right now

warangel66
10-03-2012, 06:29 AM
ill be gettin wiiu for next gen zelda and the rumored starfox so i might as well pick up assassins creed 3 as well