PDA

View Full Version : Non Discussed Gameplay Features

Kables
08-18-2012, 12:12 AM
In the cinematic E3 Trailer, we saw connor jump into the air to fire his bow. Alex said the weapons are 'systemic', is this a way of saying we can fire a gun/bow from mid-air, hanging from roof, etc? In one of the frontier walkthroughs Alex mentioned that we can air assassinate with any weapon, does this include fists? air beatdown/knockout?
i dont want to get my hopes up, but with all of the real anvil engine features alongside the midair bow firing in that trailer (stabbing bayonet through one soldier to shoot another, taking cover behind rock) we are expected to expect this in the game, right?

I'm always on these forums and just wanted to bring this up to discuss since i've never seen it mentioned

BBALive
08-18-2012, 12:17 AM
Probably not, and you're confusing "systematic" with "systemic".

Unarmed assassinations are probably a no as well, since it's not an assassination if it's non-lethal.

Kables
08-18-2012, 12:21 AM
fixed, haha
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgh5WiMbBM 1:06
fists equipped and non-lethal, listen to what alex calls this move. assassination
you don't think any of these features may be in-game?

BBALive
08-18-2012, 12:26 AM
fixed, haha
and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bNgh5WiMbBM 1:06
fists equipped and non-lethal, listen to what alex calls this move. assassination
you don't think any of these features may be in-game?

No. For one, we can't properly jump in-game, and firing a bow while hanging is impossible.

In regards to the demo (which I have seen before), he was speaking generally, saying that you can perform assassinations from behind cover. In that sense, he wasn't directly referring to what the player did at the time, which was a non-lethal takedown. That wasn't performed in the air either, which was what you initially referred to.

Kables
08-18-2012, 02:02 AM
firing a bow while hanging is impossible
good catch, i almost forgot to spell it out what i meant

Assassin_M
08-18-2012, 02:04 AM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7gxgiBHxu1rxvleho2_500.jpg
Uhh this is Irrelevant..
You actually asked if we can shoot a bow while hanging and he said that it was impossible.. Honestly this whole thing makes YOU look stupid..
and memes are against the rules..

Kables
08-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Uhh this is Irrelevant..
You actually asked if we can shoot a bow while hanging and he said that it was impossible.. Honestly this whole thing makes YOU look stupid..
and memes are against the rules..

let me just clarify then. shoot a bow midair, shoot a pistol while hanging, ( i thought it went without saying, silly me) and what i really meant to show to you bba, is that if the creative director can speak generally about that move being an assassination then maybe, just maybe, he could have meant the exact same thing when he said you could air assassinate with all weapons. nah, far too impossible.
thanks for the nitpicking and great input, but these are obviously features that make no sense at all whatsoever

BBALive
08-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Don't get mad at me for pointing out that these features will not be in the game. Straw man arguments won't change that.

Kables
08-18-2012, 02:33 AM
Don't get mad at me for pointing out that these features will not be in the game. Straw man arguments won't change that.
.. could you tell me everything that will or won't be in the game? seems more convenient to ask you instead of, you know, waiting to see.

rileypoole1234
08-18-2012, 03:53 AM
No. For one, we can't properly jump in-game, and firing a bow while hanging is impossible.

I think that little hop Ezio does counts as a jump

corbinmahieu
08-18-2012, 10:47 AM
Dude, fists can me lethal !...
If you get an elbow in your neck from a guy who jumps from a tree...... The guard should be dead or disabled for the rest of his life!
-----> But this would be the only lethal fist-jump move i know? ... OR... a fist in the back and a high kick on the head could do the trick!

But i like what alex said .... We didn't like the idea that Connor needed to ''kill'' every soldier he crosses. ---> So i like the ''non-lethal'' ( unconscious ) fist gameplay ...
( But even Ezio had these moves )

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
Unarmed combat can be lethal - as seen when Connor snaps a guards neck in the latest trailers.. unarmed..

As to if your able to use non lethal.. well time will tell - it maynot always be a good idea not to use lethal force.. since those guards may come back and cause trouble..

For gameplay dynamics, I'm sure some information will be forthcoming, however a lot of the games finer details are still under wraps..

BBALive
08-18-2012, 01:55 PM
I didn't see Connor snap somebody's neck. I thought the sole purpose of unarmed combat in this game was to give you a non-lethal option.

Mr_Shade
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM
did you not.. ?

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2012/08/03/10gif-43fff5.gif

snappppp!

Most likely a combo though ;)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/lets-see-those-new-assassins-creed-3-kills-again

POP1Fan
08-18-2012, 03:14 PM
did you not.. ?

http://assets1.ignimgs.com/2012/08/03/10gif-43fff5.gif

snappppp!

Most likely a combo though ;)

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/08/03/lets-see-those-new-assassins-creed-3-kills-again

What the hell? xDDDDD

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 05:39 PM
^ That is hilarious :P

ToniTorsi
08-18-2012, 06:02 PM
This man actually makes a very fair point.

Non lethal K.O attacks, aerial takedowns (ala Uncharted 3), a more serious expansion on the Meele front is exactly what would add an excellent increase of fun factor and as well a good deal of diversity and variety for this game.

Its stuff like this that makes it so extravagant to take the role of an assassin in Assassins Creed.

Expanding the extent of what an assassin is capable of is "that step forward" this franchise intensely needs.

Not superfluous stuff like tower defense.

Focusing on the aspects and potential of the assassin is crucial, Ubisoft Montreal.

pacmanate
08-18-2012, 06:04 PM
This man actually makes a very fair point.

Non lethal K.O attacks, aerial takedowns (ala Uncharted 3), a more serious expansion on the Meele front is exactly what would add an excellent increase of fun factor and as well a good deal of diversity and variety for this game.

Its stuff like this that makes it so extravagant to take the role of an assassin in Assassins Creed.

Expanding the extent of what an assassin is capable of is "that step forward" this franchise intensely needs.

Not superfluous stuff like tower defense.

Focusing on the aspects and potential of the assassin is crucial, Ubisoft Montreal.

They could make non lethal stuff really cool but it would take time to develop. For example you could use throwing knifes to target a gun mans arm, thus making them drop the gun. Or even a pistol shot to the leg whilst free running for a quicker escape.

Kables
08-18-2012, 11:04 PM
They could make non lethal stuff really cool but it would take time to develop. For example you could use throwing knifes to target a gun mans arm, thus making them drop the gun. Or even a pistol shot to the leg whilst free running for a quicker escape.
Oh ya, i was also wondering what kind of tools we can use while running, since ubi makes it clear connor's an 'on the move' guy. i cant imagine shooting a gun while running but it would be really cool idea, good call

LoyalACFan
08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Oh ya, i was also wondering what kind of tools we can use while running, since ubi makes it clear connor's an 'on the move' guy. i cant imagine shooting a gun while running but it would be really cool idea, good call

There was a whole thread on here not long ago about running and shooting a gun. It quickly devolved into a flame war. But I think it's a cool idea...

Anyway, I hope they make fist-fighting more intuitive and present this time. It's been pretty clunky in the series so far. Maybe have it work somewhat similar to Batman AC's combat system (minus the dramatic kicks and flips) and make it a kind of combo system, not unlike the kill-streaks, except you don't just one-shot everybody and they can recover and attack you again?

Calvarok
08-19-2012, 05:45 AM
You actually can choose to shoot a guard in the leg with a bullet or arrow. The aiming system is lock on, but you can choose what part of the body to hit. As for shooting while jumping, you'll recall that conner didn't just jump from a standing position and shoot in the trailer, he shot after parkouring off a horse. Easily implementable in-game, but I doubt they will do it, since accuracy is so dramatically reduced while jumping (though there was a youtube video of a guy who recreated the jumping shot with a bow and hit a target.)

pacmanate
08-19-2012, 11:56 AM
You actually can choose to shoot a guard in the leg with a bullet or arrow. The aiming system is lock on, but you can choose what part of the body to hit. As for shooting while jumping, you'll recall that conner didn't just jump from a standing position and shoot in the trailer, he shot after parkouring off a horse. Easily implementable in-game, but I doubt they will do it, since accuracy is so dramatically reduced while jumping (though there was a youtube video of a guy who recreated the jumping shot with a bow and hit a target.)

When was this confirmed? And also that jumping bow shot would be cool. All you need is ASSASSIN SENSE to allow you to slow down time for a while :P. It would be cool but wouldn't fit in :P

Kit572
08-19-2012, 12:01 PM
ASSASSIN SENSE

Ohhh boy, watch out Spider sense!