PDA

View Full Version : Ubisoft interview with Alex

NeroInfernoF7
08-17-2012, 02:00 PM
http://puu.sh/Wbau

ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴀᴍᴇ ɪᴛsᴇʟғ

Will there be a downloadable AC III Demo before October?
Alex Hutchinson (AH): Nope, this is not planned for ACIII, we are focused on the main launch.

There is a rumor that says that if you want to play AC3 on PC, you can't use a keyboard.
AH: Nope its just a rumour everything will be supported.

Is Assassin's Creed going to continue after Assassin's Creed 3?
AH: We want to work more on concluding the storylines to make room for new stories... it also has the advantage of giving closure on some long running plotlines.

How long is Assassin's Creed 3?
AH: The game is more than 30 hours long.

Will there be a ton of fun side mission in AC 3, like AC 2 and AC Brotherhood?
AH: Absolutely, but we don't want to ruin the fun of discovering them for yourself.

ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ɪɴ-ɢᴀᴍᴇ ғᴜɴᴄᴛɪᴏɴᴀʟɪᴛɪᴇs

Will Connor's assassin outfit become affected when he experiences all the different weathers?
AH: In short, blood and rain will indeed affect the outfit but not dirt or snow.

Why wasn't it possible to climb trees earlier?
AH: The biggest challenge is creating the physics for organic shapes... no two trees are the same and that required a big investment. We are thrilled to be able to offer these features on the new ACIII.

Will Connor be able to swim?
AH: Connor will be able to swim and dive.

Will Connor in AC3 have eagle sense or how does his work?
AH: Yes he will have Eagle sense.

Will we be able to upgrade our horses in AC3?
AH: Horses are back, but they will not feature upgrade.

Can we start naval battles at any time or just in the main missions?
AH: Both, some of the naval battle scenes are tied to the main story, but you will also unlock side stories as you progress.

ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ ᴏғ ᴀssᴀssɪɴ's ᴄʀᴇᴇᴅ III

Will the weather change naturally or will it change according to the story?
AH: The seasons change in line with the main storyline. That said fog and rain will change naturally.

What other places is Connor going to visit?
AH: Many many locations, but most of them are under wraps for now.

We hope you know a little bit more about Assassin's Creed III now thanks to Alex Hutchinson's answers. To keep in touch with the Assassin's Creed community, visit: ACIII official Facebook page.

Mr_Shade
08-17-2012, 02:03 PM
Thanks for posting..

I see the whole 'PC does not support keyboard' is still floating around.. amazing what a rumour can do, even one that's been denied on this forum and officially...

NeroInfernoF7
08-17-2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for posting..

I see the whole 'PC does not support keyboard' is still floating around.. amazing what a rumour can do, even one that's been denied on this forum and officially...

I am just too fast, sorry if I stole the post from you :/, you have my allowance to delete this and post it yourself if you want to.

But yes, we got a lot confirmed here :)

deskp
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Uh still no info on being able to take off hoods/headwear.

Saar Ben Kiki
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
LOL its the second i get answered in my ac lifetime! Wow so good to hear many places r not yet revealed..

DoNNiEDaRkO50
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM
How long is Assassin's Creed3? Will it have more sequences than Assassin's Creed 2? (Harry Fakouras) // How long is Assassin's Creed 3? (Jack Katzenberger)
AH: The game is more than 30 hours long.

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m7bbvbTolx1rr6x4t.gif

White24Room
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
More than 30 hours ?

To complet the full game or just the mains missions ?

SteelCity999
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
More than 30 hours ?

To complet the full game or just the mains missions ?

Another thread had the SP campaign at 20-25 hrs through an other interview, so the full game will be quite a bit more.

White24Room
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM
Nice ;)

ACfan443
08-17-2012, 04:08 PM
Disappointed, I was really hoping to see a horse upgrade feature

Sabastian_AC
08-17-2012, 04:17 PM
Sooooo, still no straight answer on free-roam naval gameplay?

pacmanate
08-17-2012, 04:27 PM
So im guessing that it was 25 for main story, and the other 5 hours are side missions?

fcederberg
08-17-2012, 05:42 PM
[/I What other places Connor gonna visit? (Saar Ben-Kiki) AH: Many many locations, but most of them are under wraps for now.[I]
Awsome! :-D

egriffin09
08-17-2012, 05:46 PM
More than 30 hrs long. YES!!! I think he means 30 hrs to complete both main story and side missions. It took me about 25 hrs to complete the main storyline & side missions in AC 2 (the side missions I completed anyway, I didn't do like 3 of the races). So 30 hrs to complete everything in AC 3 is fine with me.

lukaszep
08-17-2012, 05:56 PM

We already know there will be free roam naval game play. It was confirmed not long after naval battles were revealed at E3.

Umbra_Blade
08-17-2012, 07:08 PM

I think what he meant in his statement is that there are missions that are part of the main quest that are based on the ship. but there will be optional side missions that can be done at any time, similar to assassination contracts, that allow you to go back out to sea on your ship, probably to defend certain ports from invading ships, or destroy ships with vital cargo such as food and supplies for your enemies.

Sabastian_AC
08-17-2012, 07:18 PM
We already know there will be free roam naval game play. It was confirmed not long after naval battles were revealed at E3.

And reading the articles and interviews from E3, I would see how one would think that, but lately they've been making it sound like you will only be sailing within the context of specific missions (more like Leo's machines). I was looking forward to exploring the Eastern Seaboard at my own pace, but now it sounds like sailing will be a little more structured.