PDA

View Full Version : Something I noticed In AC:Revelations

AssassinGame1
08-17-2012, 01:36 AM
Hey all assassin's! One thing I noticed in Ac:Revelations is that there are too many glitches. Like, sometimes when i climb and free roam Ezio starts lagging and walking like a robot, when I climb ledges and get on it I Ezio lags again and cant get up on the ledge. Once I saw a couple of Templar staring and something and were frozen, I killed one and he got up again, killed the other; he got up again too! So I called my assassin's and they couldn't kill them! It was kinda funny. But the point is, there are too may glitches in AC:Revelations. Either its because I bought it used, and the other owner did not take care of it, or its because the game had glitches when it was born. What do u guys think?

sticks165
08-17-2012, 02:30 AM
the game has glitches

Assassin_M
08-17-2012, 02:54 AM
the game has glitches
Unbelievable...

Kit572
08-17-2012, 07:55 AM
the game has glitches

And with that, the thread is now over.

The End.

GLHS
08-17-2012, 12:10 PM
Not that bad though. I've never had problems like that. I haven't really had any problems at all that I can think of....it's always possible that you bought a bad disk.

devilking70
08-17-2012, 12:55 PM
yup you are right i have played this game on my pc and really had no problems.......good game 10\10....

AssassinVenice
08-17-2012, 01:18 PM
Remember, the glitches are being caused by the Animus and not the game engine! Well, Desmond's part in ACB had a few glitches too so it leads me to believing that someone is using the Animus to re-live Desmond's memories and stumbles upon one more Animus! Memory inside a memory kinda thing.Or it could be something similar to Inception (go and see the movie, you'll love it if you love AC!)

pacmanate
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
I had a bigger problem the other day with Brotherhood. It is when you have to meet maciavarooni at the horse stables. I chose to not start the mission cause i just wanted to run around for a while. Turned off the console, came back on. And there was no mission marker!!! Luckily I knew where to find the guy, but if it was my first playthrough of the game, I would have been screwed

POP1Fan
08-17-2012, 06:15 PM
Am I the only one who never had a glitch in any game ever? I feel lucky.

AssassinGame1
08-18-2012, 09:05 PM
Not that bad though. I've never had problems like that. I haven't really had any problems at all that I can think of....it's always possible that you bought a bad disk.

It was used

Serrachio
08-18-2012, 09:34 PM
Remember, the glitches are being caused by the Animus and not the game engine! Well, Desmond's part in ACB had a few glitches too so it leads me to believing that someone is using the Animus to re-live Desmond's memories and stumbles upon one more Animus! Memory inside a memory kinda thing.Or it could be something similar to Inception (go and see the movie, you'll love it if you love AC!)

No, it's bad game design.

AC1 was the only game in the series to have intentional "glitches", and they were represented visually. Any other things are just faults in the game.

AssassinVenice
08-19-2012, 05:25 AM

AC1 was the only game in the series to have intentional "glitches", and they were represented visually. Any other things are just faults in the game.

I was just trying to find a suitable explanation. Oh well, nobody seems to get it the way I want them to get it.

Calvarok
08-19-2012, 05:37 AM

Glitches are not part of game design. Bug-testing is part of polishing a game, where glitches are found out and fixed, as much as possible before release. Game design has nothing to do with glitches, game design is simply describing and implementing the way a game is supposed to work. Quality Assurance takes care of any problems with the game that prevent that, as much as they can.

Also, AC2-Rev have had the same "glitches" in the animus 2.0 style, where the screen flickers white (or black, in rev) and the scene skips forward.

Back on the topic: glitches of the sort described indeed only occur from problems in the game's "birth".

Incidentally, Revelations actually has far fewer glitches than previous games, mainly due to it being the fourth iteration of building on the framework of the same engine.

Assassin_M
08-19-2012, 05:41 AM
I love it how people think that AC is the only series that has glitches, clipping issues, average collision detection ..etc

So cute..

WolfTemplar94
08-19-2012, 08:51 AM
Every game has a glitch. The amount of man hours it would take to iron out all the glitches would be monumental, it just wouldn't be worth it.

Kit572
08-19-2012, 09:50 AM
I love it how people think that AC is the only series that has glitches, clipping issues, average collision detection ..etc

So cute..

I love it how people think Skyrim is the only elder scrolls game in the series.

Most of my friends play skyrim and they never even heard of Oblivion or Morrowind.

Friend: "I know SO MUCH about the elder scrolls now that I play skyrim!"

Me: "Okay... Whats Morrowind?"

Friend: "WTF is that??"

EDIT: I should seriously stop going off-topic today.