PDA

View Full Version : Diving in AC3

SaintPerkele
08-15-2012, 05:30 PM
I suppose that everyone has seen the Liberations Gamescom-trailer by now. At the very end of it, we can see Aveline diving below the watersurface in a cave. Now we know that ACL runs on the same engine as AC3, so it seems quite obvious to me that Connor will be able to dive as well - this might be one of the "unnanounced major systems" that were mentioned by Alex Hutchinson. Or it's just another small but nice gameplay-addition they didn't talk about yet.

ProletariatPleb
08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
They already said we can dive into lakes/rivers in summers when they aren't frozen, from the GameInformer huge list.

DarkSolitude-X
08-15-2012, 05:35 PM
So did you get a chance to play the Liberation demo? Also I think they are having a closed showing of AC3, care to go in and report back if you can?

AnthonyA85
08-15-2012, 05:37 PM
That does seem fairly pluasable, since some of the satellite photos of the Grand Temple's co-ordinates (from google maps and bing) appear to show a small lake in the middle of a clearing surrounded by forest, and since it was mentioned at the end of ACR by Jupiter, that all of the grand vaults (including the temple) were built deep underground to protect them, so i'm thinking the entrance to the temple (or the cave entrance that leads to that temple) is underwater.

So i wouldn't be surprised if we saw some sub-aquatic navigation with Connor and Desmond, I mean, the ACL demo that was shown today showed Aveline free-running through trees, just like connor can.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 05:43 PM
I hope this isn't one of the "unannounced major systems" we were told about. I was hoping for something a little more... grand. I dunno, I guess I just don't see the point of swimming underwater in a game like this. I mean, what are you going to find? OK, the Grand Temple maybe, but that could be a cutscene. Other than that, what? Are you going to swim around and grab fish?

SixKeys
08-15-2012, 06:57 PM
I would love to have underwater diving in AC3, even if it served little purpose. Maybe we can explore underwater caves to find treasure, or maybe there'll be secret areas to replace the assassin tombs/lairs from previous games.

naran6142
08-15-2012, 07:04 PM
I would love to have underwater diving in AC3, even if it served little purpose. Maybe we can explore underwater caves to find treasure, or maybe there'll be secret areas to replace the assassin tombs/lairs from previous games.

That would be awesome :D

Im all for exploring underwater caves

pacmanate
08-15-2012, 08:14 PM
If it's possible on a handheld console, I have no doubt it won't be in AC3

AssassinGame1
08-15-2012, 09:14 PM
They already said we can dive into lakes/rivers in summers when they aren't frozen, from the GameInformer huge list.

Yup

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 09:19 PM

Well, we've technically been able to "dive" since AC2. I don't think many people assumed they meant dive underwater and swim around.

mattahleen
08-16-2012, 03:37 AM
Did you notice Aveline can wade through shallow water? Anyone? No? btw can anyone help me with my profile image?

Assassin_M
08-16-2012, 03:38 AM
Did you notice Aveline can wade through shallow water? Anyone? No? btw can anyone help me with my profile image?
What is it that you need help with ?

WolfTemplar94
08-16-2012, 04:21 AM
It doesn't seem big enough to be one of the large unannounced systems. It would be cool though, as long as it has a purpose.