PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Liberation article

eagleforlife1
08-15-2012, 04:58 PM
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2012/08/15/assassins-creed-liberation-features-heroine-with-different-personas-preview/

dxsxhxcx
08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
I wonder if we'll have a similar feature in AC3, this sounds cool...

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 05:11 PM
That's actually really cool. I kind of called this yesterday in another thread by theorizing that you could use disguises, all with separate notoriety (it seems I did get that part right) but the concept that they all have different abilities is even more intriguing. I just hope the costume change is seamless. It could be kind of a drag to wait through a lengthy loading screen to change personas.

You think something like this will be implemented in AC3? Only rather than switching between commoner and aristocrat, you switch between native and European garb to achieve similar results?

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 05:27 PM
Wait, this is Aveline???

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7271/7786372826_3d2c2355bb.jpg

Guess the hair and dress make her look very different

DarkSolitude-X
08-15-2012, 05:33 PM
cool concept, I like it. Should be fun trying all of connor's personas out. I am of course assuming that ability is in AC3 as well.

LoyalACFan
08-15-2012, 05:44 PM
Wait, this is Aveline???

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7271/7786372826_3d2c2355bb.jpg

Guess the hair and dress make her look very different

Yeah. I found it more interesting that the guard she's talking to and the one on the far left have the exact same face :p

rob.davies2014
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
The more I learn and see of Aveline, the more interested I become about why Abstergo wants to show her to the public. She seems like a brilliantly skilled, moral (she's anti slavery) Assassin.
Does she make a mistake at some point which the Templars want to take advantage of? Does she defect to the Templar Order? I really want to know.

dxsxhxcx
08-15-2012, 10:42 PM
The more I learn and see of Aveline, the more interested I become about why Abstergo wants to show her to the public. She seems like a brilliantly skilled, moral (she's anti slavery) Assassin.
Does she make a mistake at some point which the Templars want to take advantage of? Does she defect to the Templar Order? I really want to know.

is the battle between Assassins and Templars something that is known by the general public? I don't see a point in doing something like this if you can't take advantage of it, and what's worse, show a gray area of this battle, what gives the player the opportunity to support the Assassin's side, and even if they're lying about the "gray area" (since is about Abstergo we're talking about), like I said, what's the point in do something you can't take advantage of (assuming the Assassins vs Templar war happens behind the curtains), also if you're the side that want to achieve peace by controlling people's minds, I don't know how people could see that in a good way...

I hope we are shown the consequences of this move Abstergo decided to do, otherwise I would prefer if they don't try to justify a new game just for the sake of doing it...

rob.davies2014
08-15-2012, 11:20 PM
is the battle between Assassins and Templars something that is known by the general public? I don't see a point in doing something like this if you can't take advantage of it, and what's worse, show a gray area of this battle, what gives the player the opportunity to support the Assassin's side, and even if they're lying about the "gray area" (since is about Abstergo we're talking about), like I said, what's the point in do something you can't take advantage of (assuming the Assassins vs Templar war happens behind the curtains), also if you're the side that want to achieve peace by controlling people's minds, I don't know how people could see that in a good way...

I hope we are shown the consequences of this move Abstergo decided to do, otherwise I would prefer if they don't try to justify a new game just for the sake of doing it...

Unless the Templars have decided to reveal to the public the secret war that's been going on for so long and influencing the development of mankind. Maybe they want to turn the world against the Assassins. After the Great Purge, the Templars have had the Assassins on the backfoot all over the world. The Templars are powerful, the Assassins are comparatively weak and almost destroyed. Perhaps the Templars have decided to turn the public against the Assassins so that the Assassins can't hide amongst them.

SixKeys
08-15-2012, 11:26 PM
The disguise/notoriety merger sounds freaking awesome. I hope there's a similar system in AC3.

RatonhnhakeFan
08-15-2012, 11:30 PM
The disguise/notoriety merger sounds freaking awesome
It really does, ACL is shaping up to be Vita's killer game for Holidays. Please don't **** it up Ubisoft!

mattahleen
08-16-2012, 03:34 AM
That's actually really cool. I kind of called this yesterday in another thread by theorizing that you could use disguises, all with separate notoriety (it seems I did get that part right) but the concept that they all have different abilities is even more intriguing. I just hope the costume change is seamless. It could be kind of a drag to wait through a lengthy loading screen to change personas.

You think something like this will be implemented in AC3? Only rather than switching between commoner and aristocrat, you switch between native and European garb to achieve similar results?
You can customize your outfit two ways in ac3, but i doubt it would work like personas. However, he does have two names that can affect the story.